all the highs and none the lows. (Earinor & Akira)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Kosuke was right. What was there to worry about? A big fat load of nothing. Gin should have known that, he usually was so damn confident, and yet, he couldn’t even help himself - all those fake personas had wormed themselves into his head but definitely not his heart, no matter how much he tried to abide by all those simple rules, he couldn’t get any of it to work, not at all. In the end, all he did was confuse himself, no? “Tomorrow? Hm. I doubt that, but I’d have to check back in with my boss. Depends, really, but I work evenings anyway, so we can stay up longer regardless, if that’s your concern.”, he reassured his little thoughtful raven. Was that even appropriate? To him, Kosuke was more than a silly bird after all, but their colors fit one another rather well and who was he to pass up a good opportunity for a nickname? Not himself, that much was for certain. A smile had formed on his lips and it was only growing in size as he thought about it - the longer it took him, the bigger it suddenly felt. “Are you sure?”, he tried to milk his joke. “Hm, not so far, no. It’s more me that’s the cheesy one, instead of you.” Assurance went a long way in the end and those were his honest feelings.

“I know you do. It’s hard to deny, in all honesty.” For all that Kosuke did, Gin seemed to know a rebuttal, but in the end, he never won - it was odd, even if he accepted it for what it was. If fate was real, and karma too, he hoped that his lucky streak would go on for a while; he wanted to get to know Kosuke better, from the inside out, to further his grasp of understanding, and maybe to impress this guy, too. The redhead grabbed the hand he was offered and grinned - now Kosuke was almost cheesy, but he refrained from commenting on it. Instead, Gin let himself be helped up and kept close. “But who’s going to take him home, huh?”, he already teased, sure of Kosukes victory. Was he? For a moment he mulled over it - he always arrived at the same conclusion anyway. In the end, Kosuke would probably get him whatever he desired, even if it were the stars on the nightsky that twinkled at him in just the most enticing of ways. “You have all the time in the world, as long as I get an answer eventually. I’ll remind you.” With Kosukes fate sealed, they wandered around the stalls for a bit, looking for some games, for anything to win prizes at - Gin was right. There was more than one Tokage, though, and the guy that was currently playing seemed to have spaghetti arms - his throws sucked. Of course Gin wanted to go there. “Ah, you got me there. I feel like that fits you too, though - but then again, next to you, I loom like a peacock.”, the redhead giggled. Well, Tokage or bust, right? That should be their motto from now on.
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "Ah yes... you caught me there I guess. I just wondered if that was it after the fireworks or not.", he laughed awkwardly. Now he was embarrassed and they had plenty of time until the fireworks too, so there was no real use worrying about that now. They'd have plenty of time to win some prizes and eat some sweets, maybe even drink some alcohol if they so wanted to, but most stalls here were appropriate for children, as opposed to mainstreet. Still, that seemed to be perfect for Gin, because even Kosuke spotted multiple Tokage plushies all over. They walked for a while, checking out all the festival had to offer. Kosuke made mental notes of some stalls that sold sweets and followed Gin who looked at all the plushies as if there was only one right one in one single booth. "You're going to take him obviously.", Kosuke smiled regarding giant Tokages home. Kosuke didn't have much room anyway and he knew how much that little animal meant to Gin. He shouldn't spend too much money on a giant plushie, but every once in a while spending was alright, wasn't it?

"Hm... I feel like I still don't meet your standards. I intentionally picked something comfortable today.", Kosuke mused while he followed Gin who suddenly was very determined to walk over to a specific stall. Kosuke spotted the giant Tokage at display there and couldn't help but smile. There was a guy currently trying to win, but he wasn't very good at it and eventually ended up with a sticker. Then the woman who ran the stall looked at Gin and smiled. "Do you want to try? Our special prize is a limited Tokage plushy! You just need to clear all cans with a maximum of six shots!", she sparked and seemed to immediately got a liking to Gin. She was young, probably younger than even Gin and she wore a blue Yukata with pink and green bubbles on it. Kosuke was about to hand her some cash, but she refused and offered Gin the balls. "The first three shots are on the house! Try your best~!", she cheered and went out of the way for Gin to try his luck. The cans were stacked in three pyramids, two small ones and a big one.
    • "What was that about not trying to get me back into your apartment? Well, for your information, I'd like to go there - whatever you want to or not.", he crooned happily. All those missing invites to Kosukes apartment were now becoming reality, huh? But not only that. Gin knew that he was overstepping lines and boundaries, but even then, why wouldn't he? Giving this guy a push in the right direction seemed to almost be necessary and, worse, Gin was enjoying it, even when he was the insecure one, glued to an older man that showed him around - it felt ... bad, but this wasn't a place he knew and while he could try to take the lead, where would that even get him? For one, Gin figured it was useless, and for the other, they were talking about the custody of a plush - one of the most mundane things, ever - while roaming the area. Wasn't it sweet? This could be out of a fairytale, potentially something mesmerizing, something lovely, but somehow, it was just normal - completely. "Me? What about you though? Maybe you need someone to cuddle at night, I won't judge you for that.", he teased. He wanted a Tokage, yes, that had been his ulterior move for today anyway, but a night in Kosukes bed ... why wouldn't he like that? He didn't think that he'd be in any danger, possibly.

"I mean ... be honest, would you have wanted me to wear a yukata? I was thinking about it, but then I figured, I was teasing you so much for your suit, you'd probably tease me for dressing too fancy this time.", he admitted. That, and running across town in that get-up would have been a pain in the ass anyway. Sometimes, things didn't work out the way they should, Gin understood that, but it was still a rather sad occurrence, especially when he figured that he would have wanted to show off in front of somebody that - for all intents and purposes - didn't even seem interested in seeing what lay beneath all that he wore. Was it a silent agreement that the two of them had, or was it more of some sort of odd way of mutually respecting one another? He couldn't say. Especially not when the stall attendant was all bubbly and grinning and ... all the cans? Kosuke could do that, Gin believed in him, but ... why? What? Ugh, he hated that. With quite the fake smile, he thanked the young lady with the smallest of bows, holding onto the balls he'd been handed - were women after him as well now? That would prove to be a nuisance, but regardless, he just needed to decimate those three pyramids, no? The task wasn't as easy, but he aimed properly - even looking to Kosuke for support - but that didn't quite help. In the end, he'd only knocked down parts of the big one and one of the small ones. "Ah, what a shame!", the young woman said, but Gin already shoved a bill in her hand to get the remaining three shots - determined as ever, he shoved the balls into Kosukes hands. "Please?"
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "Who said anything about my flat...? We can go somewhere else too...", Kosuke mumbled, but he didn't mind Gin coming over. Then again, he hadn't planned it and his home was a mess and a half. He rarely cleaned up, since he only spent little time there anyway and suddenly he felt anxious about Gin coming over for real. He'd think Kosuke was some kind of messy. He silently sighed and then watched Gin being a bit overwhelmed with the balls he was given. "No that's fine, I know you want him, so go ahead.", Kosuke smiled and made some room for the redhead to throw the balls at the cans. He took his time, scanned all the cans and the first shot was kind of off and too hard. The trick here was not shoving single cans out, but get the whole thing to topple over, but it was just the first try. "I be you look good in a Yukata and I wouldn't have teased you.", Kosuke smiled while Gin was aiming his second ball, which flew rather awkwardly, maybe Kosuke distracted him too much? He decided to shut up now.

The third shot knocked the rest of the little pyramid over, but there were plenty cans to go. Gin already paid for three more balls and suddenly Kosuke held them. Gin looked like he truly wanted to win the giant Tokage and Kosuke felt the pressure rising. He nodded with a small smile, but he wasn't sure if he'd do better either. He'd probably faired better at those shooting range things, even though he knew they were kind of rigged. His first shot got some of the big pyramid, but kind of sucked. He didn't have a feel for the balls yet. The second shot got rid of the small pyramid in one swift go and all the cans scattered to the floor. With the third shot it looked like he cleared all, but one pesky can stayed where it was. "Naww! So close! But you can pick something form here~!", the girl smiled and presented them with a range of smaller plushies. "Sorry...", Kosuke mumbled, knowing that Gin wanted that thing. "We'll try again.", he decided, handed the girl some more cash and she nodded smiling. She brought them three balls, but then needed some time to stack the cans again, while Gin could still pick something from the other prizes.
    • "Like mine? The choice is yours. Just so you know, I won't judge you if you want to go to your place, though.", he chuckled. There was nothing to be afraid of, was there now? Gin figured that there couldn't be - he viewed Kosuke as a rather orderly, sweet person but maybe he was wrong and the tides were about to turn - whatever the case, he could only fathom, but for now, that wasn't even their biggest problem. If they won the Tokage now, he realized, what on earth were they going to do with it? Lug it around the entire festival? That seemed fun yet horrid for anyone who was in their direct vicinity - and all that aside, Gin was putting all the pressure on Kosuke to win it for him, which couldn't be quite right either. "Us both, though. Or do you just want to see me all happy?", he asked with a friendly gesture of his own - he refrained from touching Kosuke too much, as to not throw him out of loop, but he stayed at an appropriate arms length from him and motioned as if he wanted to pinch this guy in the sides again. With Gin, anything was possible. "I can wear it for you next time if you'd like?", Gin suggested as an alternative, with quite the impressed smile. No teasing? Well, it wasn't exactly this guys forte, was it now? He doubted it.

As he watched, and hoped those pyramids would just crumple to the floor, he had to come face to face with reality. No such thing was happening and worse yet, he was definitely making too many mistakes. Gin could have corrected his posture, but it was almost perfect anyway, and the fact that the cans were being re-stacked the moment Kosuke opened his mouth offered up nothing good. "We really don't have to, safe your money.", he chastised the bigger guy eventually, with a bit of an awkward smile. Why would they even do this? It didn't matter, he figured, but it also was cute. Why was Kosuke even trying so hard for him, whom he barely knew, just to win him a plushie? Because some girl said it was limited edition? Right. Gin gandered on the smaller rack they were offered and looked for beanshaped things, before eventually spotting another Tokage, which he definitely wanted to have. If not for himself, then for Kosuke, so they both could have one of these blue beans to take home and ... well, wasn't that even more of a reason to meet up with one another? It sounded silly. "No need to be, look, there's another!", he chuckled and pointed said Tokage out to the attendant who, upon being done with restacking the pyramids, was happy to give Gin what he wanted. The redhead wrapped his arms around the little bugger almost immediately. "Do you want me to help you?", he questioned Kosukes determination.
    • "I meant a bar, or park, or whatever...", Kosuke chuckled, but they'd have enough time to decide what they wanted still. For now they wanted a giant Tokage plushie, right? "I want to see you happy, yeah." Of course he wanted that and he thought it was rather obvious by now, even though some of their conversations were still a bit awkward while they adjusted to one another. Mostly because Kosuke didn't need or want much and Gin tried to accommodate for every possibility. Kosuke didn't even have room for a giant plushie like that one if he was honest, but Gin would surely find room for it and it would be a great addition to his collection. Kosuke didn't even know this little animal thing existed before he met Gin, so of course he should have it instead. "Next time?", Kosuke asked with a slight grin. It seemed Gin didn't have enough of him yet, which was nice, very much so. What a weird couple they were, Kosuke didn't know where this would lead and how long it could last. Gin seemed like someone who needed lots of attention and Kosuke was someone who was always busy...

"You paid a round, now I pay one, it's no problem.", Kosuke quickly smiled and once Gin got his other plushie and the cans were stacked again, Kosuke put a ball into Gins hand. "One you, one me." With thath they had six more shots to win the giant Tokage for Gin and if they didn't, maybe Kosuke would pay another round, who knew? He felt confident though, now that he knew how heavy those balls were and how to handle them. Gin also had some practice in, so they simply had to win now right? The girl went out of the way and Gin was the first to throw, then Kosuke threw, then Gin and so on. Within the first four throws they managed to get rid of both small pyramids and half of the big one that was now standing there with a big hole on the side. They had two more shots and it was Gins turn. Maybe he'd even be able to end this game early here. "I believe in you~!", the girl chuckled happily and Kosuke made some room for Gin to throw again.
    • "Not your apartment? Bummer. I want to go there, you have nothing to hide, right?", he asked with a slight giggle. There was something that made no sense when the two of them interacted, but at the same time, it was great to know that he wasn't the only one that was concerned by all that was going on. For one reason or the other, he felt like he had always needed someone like Kosuke in his life, to understand the basics of what was going on and to focus on what was important for him. There, there - what was he going to do? "Me, happy?", he questioned with a raised eyebrow. "That's quite bold of you, but I can't say I don't like this new side of yours.", Gin giggled. This was silly, harmless fun and the two of them weren't doing anything illegal, so why would they even care? For now, the redhead knew that he'd be better off just sticking with the plan and then, afterward, coming up with his very own solution to everything. There was no need for him to act any differently, was there? "Yes, unless you don't want to see me again? Then I'd be rather sad." Gin was good at lamenting things, at drawing people back to him, at making men feel bad for abandoning him - all in all, he didn't need to act up, he could simply behave as he wanted and they'd eat right out of his hand.

"Are you sure? Thank you." He didn't know what to say. His friends got all up to any sort of silly fun most of the time, but not to the point where they literally would trust one another in exactly this way. What was up with that? He liked Kosuke, he couldn't say no, but just standing at this range with him and tossing balls at stupid little cup pyramids made his day way better. Why couldn't it always be like that? Possibly because life would get dull and boring if there was an overabundance of little things - something that Gin couldn't help but hate for himself. Would there be another guy like Kosuke, one that could just make him melt? Gin didn't know, but he held on that little sea dino like his life depended on it, even when he threw that damn ball and tossed it out of the park - almost. He hit rather well this time and the combined effort of the two of them was making dents in this stupid tower, which - as excited as he was - would probably only lead to another prolonged fuck-up of theirs. Who knew, though? Gin was way too pessimistic at this point, to the point where he looked on in surprise as he actually hit something with his throws. Ouch. Not enough to knock down the entire structure. He looked up at Kosuke. "Sorry ..." They had one throw left.
    • "Uh... no, it's just very small...", Kosuke mumbled and rubbed the back of his neck. He didn't mind him coming over, but he feared he'd maybe judge him over how it looked in there - like a bomb had exploded. "New side?", Kosuke asked. Was it a new side of him to want Gin happy? He didn't know. He always kind of wanted him to feel comfortable, but that was somewhat of a general trait he had, outside of work at least. "You know I want to.", Kosuke mumbled silently, all those people around them made him kind of nervous, even though they probably didn't listen in. Why would they? They were just strangers and Kosuke didn't listen in on other conversations surrounding him either. He was just a bit paranoid. He tried to let it all go and simply watched Gin throw those balls at the cans while he did the same. All the while it had grown darker already and the streetlights were turned on. All the booths sparkled even more now as well.

Once Gin threw his last shot, he almost knocked the rest over, but not quite. Kosuke looked at him with a grin. "You better apologize for leaving me with all the responsibility again.", he told him and jugged the ball in the air only to catch it again. Maybe if he'd played baseball with his colleagues he'd be better at this, the batting caged were only training him on the wrong side with the ball, so he needed to wing this. With one precise shot he sniped the last three cans off the table and the girl that worked here started jumping in excitement. "Awwwesome~!", she cheered and jumped up to get the giant Tokage off the display. "Congratulations~!" With those words she handed the plushie over to Gin, who already held another. "Enjoy the rest of the festival~!", she sung excitedly and Kosuke looked at the funny display of Gin, not being able to see past the creature.
    • "I don't mind that, but maybe you do?", he suggested. Gin wasn't sure about what was going on in Kosukes head, but he could tell that there was something that bothered the big guy, whyever that truly was. Maybe because he didn't want to show someone like him how little he could afford? By all means, he wasn't a glutton, and yet, he could understand. Fear like that was apparent, especially when one lived in nothing more than one crummy space that they didn't even have for themselves entirely. "Sort of, yes.", he giggled. This wasn't bad - he liked every side that this little raven showed him and he was almost jealous of the surge of confidence that someone like Kosuke apparently could exude; it could have been him instead, Gin figured, but it wasn't. Not once in his life was this going to pay off, and not once in the next thousand years would he find himself as loved as now, he figured. "I do. But you also know I like teasing you.", he made clear. That much had been apparent since their first meeting, all sultry and gloomy with a hint of lust and a pinch of bodily fluids, but even when he described it like that, it didn't seem alluring to him, not the slightest bit. Why would it? Gin wasn't someone that had to flee his own skin for comfort, but he had to stop thinking about what united them in the end, too. Their first meeting was, in hindsight, a rather cursed one.

Thrusting the responsibility of this on Kosuke was not good, he knew as much himself, but the girl attending to the stall was weird too, and he was just glad that Kosuke landed the shot and Gin got, what he truly wanted. A Tokage that was even bigger than his head - and pale redness staining his face, as he grinned like an idiot over it. For a second, he figured he'd hurt himself and Kosuke if he just walked away, but he grabbed the taller man by the hand and dragged him off, with two Tokages in tow, far far away from that stall, to a silent patch of green. Then, almost in character with the blue bean in front of his face, he bowed. "We're sorry, Arai-san. Please take my son as an apology.", he snickered and thrusted the smaller one into Kosukes hands, only to attack him, squishing the big Tokage between the two of them and, as it had to happen, try to hug him, even from behind this big thing. Why was it so big anyway? Limited Edition his ass, this was just an overfed sea dino that had nobody to tell him when to stop eating! Almost as if the two of them had become one, Tokages little paw ... thing punched the raven man the slightest bit. "Fireworks?", Gin asked in a childish voice, all blubbery and washed up, as if Tokage was speaking. "Or Kosukes place?" Again with that voice, but that guy had brought it upon himself!
    • Once Gin got the price, he pulled Kosuke away and he followed suit for a while, only to get to a calmer spot again. Gin seemed happy, very much so. "I just... also didn't clean up...", Kosuke admitted mumbling. He looked at Gin, or rather the giant blue face of the dino in front of him as he suddenly bowed down deeply. "Huh?", he replied confused by the honorifics Gin never cared about and by getting another Tokage thrust in his hand suddenly. That wasn't even enough as it seemed, because he suddenly was hugged by a giant plushie and almost fell over. "Ah... no need to apologize, silly. I know you want him... or rather... Tokage wants to be with you?", he replied with a smile, patting Gins shoulder by hugging the big creature back somehow. That must have looked very silly from an outsiders perspective, even more so when Kosuke was suddenly punched by a soft paw. "It's not much longer until the fireworks start, we should wait.", he answered smiling, slowly taking a step back from the plushie.

"How about you guys keep this place occupied and I get us some desert? Or popcorn if you rather want that? Anything specific you want?", he asked. There were plenty of stalls and enough time for Kosuke to get to one of them and order some sweets they could enjoy while waiting, or even during the fireworks. He wasn't tired either and Gin didn't seem tired too, so maybe they could go to his place after, but he didn't dare ask right now. One thing at a time. If Gin didn't want to go home after the fireworks they could think about what to do, but it seemed like he got him curious about his flat now. It wasn't very impressive though, actually the opposite. Did he even have drinks? When they were out Gin drank a beer and some gin, but he seemed more like a wine guy to Kosuke, but maybe he was wrong. Speaking of drinks. "Should I get you something to drink as well?"
    • What a cute couple they were, no? Gin enjoyed every last second of their little quest for Tokage and, for the time being, it wasn't even that he felt like he needed any of this, but rather, that the two of them deserved this, like some sort of break that nobody was ever going to give them anytime soon from now on. "Huh? And why would that be bad?", the redhead asked. His apartment almost always was dirty, judging by the fact that some plants eventually would drop their leaves or that dust would accumulate in corners he could't vacuum every other day - it was the natural flow of things. "I know, but I can't take both! Consider the small one a gift from me to you.", he demanded. Kosuke was a sweet guy, that much was certain, but Gin couldn't help it - he wanted to be liked by him for more than one reason and it also didn't have to be like in those movies, where they just irrevocably fell for one another because fate willed it, or something stupid. "Did you just call me silly?", he tried to argue in his best Tokage-voice, but he gave up pretty soon, just to hug the giant sea lizard and cuddle into it.

The thought of fireworks along made him grin, a lot no less, and Gin was happy to have dragged them both off already - there was nothing better than a little silence before a big storm would rain over them, in form of thousands of lights that had to be what they were. There was no place to run off to, and there was no way for him to get out of any of that, either. What was more important, he let himself fall into the grass, holding Tokage above his head as to not get him dirty - Kosuke said to stay here, right? "Hmmm, I'll take whatever you are having! Popcorn is totally fine!", he chuckled, in a much better mood than before. Gin loved this guy, to the moon and back, but he didn't quite realize that yet - he could only guess while he was at it. "I wouldn't mind, but you don't have to. I wouldn't want you missing the fireworks. Besides ..." Gin got out his wallet and shoved it into Kosukes hands - he knew how much was in there and he had to admit, he'd be angry if he didn't use it. "I'll pay - I insist this time. Get whatever you'd like, we can share anyway! And don't get swayed by any Tokages on your way back, alright? I like them, but two is more than enough - you have to take one home as well."
    • "I thought maybe you'd be shocked... anyway, let's look at the fireworks. I'll be right back and I'll leave him with you.", Kosuke quickly changed the topic and once Gin sat down with his giant Tokage, he put the smaller one on top of the pile as well. There was no use carrying it around and Kosuke was sure he needed both hands free anyway. "Don't worry, I'll be back in time.", he assured him. It was another twenty or so minutes until the fireworks would start, that was more than enough time for Kosuke to get desert and something to drink for sure. He soon got Gins wallet pressed into his hand and looked at it with a sigh. He had no choice probably, so he didn't argue. "Alright, I'll be right back." With two wallets in tow Kosuke got on his way and soon vanished in the crowd again. Most visitors stayed to see the show and leaving now would have been weird, but it also meant that many people tried to get some food or drinks before the fireworks started.

On Kosukes way he looked into Gins wallet, only to find way too much money inside. Was that all he owned, or what? He wasn't really scared of being robbed or pickpocketed, because most criminals knew to spot people from the mob and stayed away, but he still felt a bit uneasy about Gin giving him so much responsibility. He simply pulled out 1500 Yen, which were enough and he'd pay the rest from his own money. He looked at all the stalls and what they offered, it smelled like food everywhere and he wanted to find something that Gin would like. He found some strawberry mochis, thinking that Gin looked like he'd enjoy some fresh fruit and for himself got some Gyuhi. He topped it up with two lemon soda cans and made his way back to Gin. The fireworks hadn't started yet and with both hands full he simply sat down next to Gin and offered him what he picked for him. "I hope that's okay.", he smiled. Once Gin took it he also pulled his wallet out of his chest pocket and handed it back.
    • He'd be back in time, he said. He'd eventually come back, he claimed - all that was fine and dandy with him; poof, he was gone and Gin watched after the guy that strutted off like it was nobodies business. Like this, he was almost envious, felt, like a housewife that had been dumped with two kids (both of which were not even human, no less) and waited on. His eyes fixed on the darkening expanse, his ears on the conversations that happened in the background and his mind on something that he hadn't thought about in a while. When was the last time he'd ever had so much fun going out, especially with a friend? Gin couldn't say - even if Kosuke wasn't exactly a friend and more of a ... what now? A friend with benefits? Acquaintance whom he got frisky with? That made no sense, and yet, it was the easiest way for him to describe it all. No matter what, there was no need for him to simply claim the two of them as soulmates or something cheesy like that - they ware a yakuza grunt and a prostitute that had met in a brothel, and these types of stories usually never went this far, though, if they did, they never ended well. Gin didn't want it that well.

For now, he was content as his raven returned, towing back quite the haul and thrusting his stuff in his hands already, as the Tokage tower fell. Gin could only chuckle and so he did - he watched their little lizards flop on the lawn and he let them, to hold his food and nab the wallet back from Kosuke; Gin placed the paper plates on his thigh and looked through his wallet. "More than fine, but you're a little cheater.", he chastised Kosuke. "You paid more than 1500 yen for this, didn't you? I told you, you can use my money. No need to be shy. So, what do I owe you?", Gin snickered and grabbed one of his mochis - no use touching the Tokages now, they'd only get dirty, and he'd get to be mad about it for ages. Instead, he took a bite. They were delicious! Well, most fresh mochis were anyway, but Kosuke had a good eye for things and Gin couldn't help but eye what he'd gotten for himself - wasn't that Gyuhi? Not a bad choice either. Almost demonstratively, he patted the space next to him. "Come, sit down now. You haven't missed anything, but I missed you ... is that cheesy?", he asked, the grin evident in his words. He knew how cheesy it was, definitely.
    • Kosuke soon sat down next to Gin again, with his own plate on his lap and the soda can in the grass. Gin checked his wallet and Kosuke simply shook his head. "Nothing.", he answered. He didn't owe him anything, he paid the rest and Gin didn't need to know how much it was. Although this guy had lots and lots of cash in his wallet, didn't mean that he had to invite Kosuke. He got a good enough salary of his own and Gin seemed to constantly want to pay for everything. Well, true, Kosuke ended up paying most of the time, but still, it didn't feel that way and he gladly paid for food or drinks, he didn't mind. "Should I have texted you on the way?", Kosuke replied with a grin of his own, but rather calm. Then he started slowly eating, only to open up both of their soda cans again for easy access. All the while the place slowly filled up with other people, some sat, some stood. Everyone was chatting and waiting for the fireworks to start.

Lots of people ate or drank something too and Kosuke eventually pulled the two Tokages a bit closer so no one would step on them. "Are you usually going to festivals like this?", he wondered. This one here was rather calm, on mainstreet most people were drunk at this hour and missed the fireworks one couldn't really see surrounded by all the tall flashy building anyway. Around here with the park and small one or two story homes around it was easier to get a glimpse of the night sky and what would be happening soon. "I'm glad you had time to come. I'd usually be at work today. Many of my colleagues have families or relationships of their own, so I'm usually the one working on holidays. This is the first time ever that I switched shifts with someone."
    • "I can't just owe you nothing, that's not how that works!", he protested with quite the giggle. Kosuke was such an idiot! Why didn't he let him do this for both of them? Gin failed to find the answer in that, and if he were honest, he wanted nothing more than to just pay for once - every single time he tried, someone else seemed to be worried about his finances. Sure, it was sweet, and yes, he definitely enjoyed it, but if he were honest, he probably made more than Kosuke and could afford stuff like this, unlike someone that splurged on him. Too much at that. "Hey!", he laughed. "No, your hands were full anyway and besides, why text me? You could have just ran a marathon to see me, but I'm sure the lines at the stalls weren't exactly friend to you, either?" That seemed plausible and would eexplain why his tall friend had needed those few minutes away from him. From here on out, there was nothing else to wait for but the firework, though, and neither of them needed to stress that.

Surrounded by one man and two Tokages, he happily ate his mochi, one small bite at a time, without a worry in the world, not hurrying at all. Gin enjoyed himself, right this moment, and couldn't help it. "Thank you, really. You don't have to pay so much for me all the time.", he admitted. "I'd just be happy to go out with you, even for a hike, or go back to your apartment or mine, just to enjoy ourselves. Please don't think this is about money, okay?", he suddenly confessed and leaned to the side, with his head on Kosukes shoulder and his eyes fixated on the stars that were twinkling and shining above their heads. "No, not a lot. We, me and my friends, usually go out for Tanabata in july, but that's it." There wasn't anything but drinking to do, but the festivities were similar ones regardless - only that it was warmer, and they all actually made some efforts to dress up from time to time, depending on how their mood was. Regardless, he felt comfortable enough to drag Kosuke along this year, if he were up for it. "Oh? That ... surprised me, a bit? I'm glad I get to spend it with you, then.", Gin whispered and pressed a kiss to Kosukes cheek. Was he too forward? "Would you want to joing me for Tanabata?"
    • "It's alright, really. It's not like I have a lot of expanses and I only put a bit on top of your money anyway.", Kosuke answered shaking his head. Maybe he was too much of a gentleman, especially given the fact that he wasn't with a girl right now. Either way, it didn't bother him and they both weren't exactly rich he assumed. "I've come back as fast as I could.", he chuckled. "There were plenty of people, but it wasn't that bad... and I needed to check out more than one stall to figure out what you might like. I hope I picked something to your liking." They didn't know each other very well, did they? Kosuke didn't know what Gins favorite food was, or favorite color, he merely knew his favorite videogame character it seemed. They had time to get to know each other, he told himself, but until then he'd need to guess what Gin liked. In the café he went for something sweet right away and thus Kosuke was sure anything sweet in itself was good.

"I don't mind paying.", Kosuke said once more, but only now realized what this was about. "That's not it. I never thought it was and I know you would have paid if I let you. Don't worry, I don't take you for someone that's out for my money, in that case you picked the wrong guy anyway, but even after I told you I am not what I apparently look like, you still wanted to meet, right? You don't need to worry so much all the time. I like you, so I also like to spoil you a bit." Gin leaned against him again and Kosuke looked up at the sky with him. The kiss caught him off guard and he didn't know how to react. "I... sure... if you still want to then?" It was still a while until July after all. Right in that moment the first rocket was flying up into the sky to burst into thousands of colorful pieces. The fireworks were starting and Kosuke took the opportunity, to carefully search for Gins hand and put his own softly on it.
    • "Are you sure?", he tried to argue. For once, Gin didn't know what to say - Kosuke was such a nice, well-meaning guy that he didn't even know what to say or feel. Were those feeling seven genuine or was he just making a clown out of himself? Those were things he couldn't answer himself right away, but they took a rather strenous task off of his shoulders: Thinking too much. "Did you? I bet you flirted with that stall attendant.", he accused him, but Gin shook his head. "I'm glad they didn't rip you to shreds and I also didn't mean that, but you probably know, right? I just want to make sure you're aware.", Gin eventually assured him. The whole teasing they had going on, and the entire mood that they had about them, that was an entire mess that both of them were dealing with and, for better or for worse, would have to deal with for a long time. It was funny - so funny that Gin couldn't help but giggle about it - and the zany comments that he could give Kosuke, simply for being, for existing and teasing back, were also quite the ride. If there were one thing that Gin would want in his life, he figured, it would be to have this happen again, over and over.

"I know you don't, but that's besides the point. In the end, I'm just glad you found me, and I hope you don't feel like I'm using you." One clarification that was, supiciously, in order. Gin couldn't help it, he'd not want to give off some stupid vibes when Kosuke could - potentially - understand them the wrong way. Was it the amount of money that shocked him, or had he just felt like he wasn't entitled to it? The redhead couldn't say, but he leaned onto him, still. Gin chuckled. "Spoil me? Why, thank you. The mochi taste good, they go with my nails and what's more, you actually thought about what I might want. That's very sweet of you, I mean it. Thank you, Kosuke.", he mumbled with a happy smile. Today had turned out better than ever after all, and yet, the night wasn't over, not by a long shot. Young was, what it was, as was their weird relationship with one another, no? Even words failed to categorize it properly, something that he had to think about, now that he had implanted that little seed of doubt in his head. "Of course. But we can talk more once we're closer to July, h- ah!", Gin yelped in surprise as the fireworks started. That had gotten him good, damnit! For once, he wanted to enjoy the scenery, now that the sounds of the fireworks drowned out all the voices around them and were replaced with simple 'ah' and 'oh's. As Kosuke grabbed his hand, he slightly squeezed it and kept staring up above, with a big grin.
    • "I am sure, stop worrying so much.", he told him calmly. Money seemed a huge topic for Gin, but Kosuke somewhat understood why. People paid him to spend time with him and to sleep with him, so maybe if he got gifted something it was kind of the same, as if Kosuke bought his attention, which wasn't true, but maybe Gin felt bad about it. Maybe he should stop and let Gin pay for the next... whatever they'd get. "I'm not very good at flirting.", Kosuke mumbled with an apparent smile that somehow came out of nowhere. Only because he enjoyed sitting here and because the smell of Gins hair swayed over to him like this. "Yeah I know. Don't worry." Again he smiled and reassured Gin. Maybe he was boring for giving the same answers all the time? Even though there still seemed to be so much they needed to explain to each other and get to know. All in all they both had fun still and maybe Gins mood was better than before, but Kosuke also felt like maybe he wanted to talk a bit more.

"I don't. You always want to pay anyway, so unless you're not simply very good at playing me, all's good.", he joked and softly tilted his head to put it on Gins. "You're welcome..." When Gin started screaming Kosuke chuckled a bit and squeezed his hand a bit harder. He go startled pretty easily, huh? He didn't comment it and just watched on with him for a while, much like everybody else. In the cover of night and with everyones eyes glued to the sky, Kosuke felt more relaxed too, even when sitting here cuddling and holding hands. The fireworks illuminated the sky in all kinds of colors and only when it toned down a bit and the space between the tiny explosions grew further apart, did Kosuke say something again. "So... are you tired...? Should I bring you home, or... would you want to talk some more...?", he asked silently, as if he didn't want to disturb anyone while they still looked into the sky.
    • Kosuke was right - he needed to stop worrying about everything. Nothing was serious, really, not at this point in time, and even if the two of them were kind of into a few things, that didn't mean that they needed to act like they'd some sort of respect to uphold with one another. Kosuke had seen him, experienced who he truly was and Gin could only sigh as that realisation finally came to fruition. It was, what it had to be, right? That was all his fault, in one way or the other. "I'll stop worrying.", he chuckled. "What? I think you're pretty good at winning me over." That much was also true, but for now, Gin wanted to focus on the fireworks, hold Kosukes hand and enjoy the night that both of them hadn't even thought of as fruitful in the first place, he figured - the moment it had started, it was kind of a mess and they confessed one insecurity of theirs after the other; it all culminated in this moment, in which they were talking rather openly to one another, though, they were still admitting to their own faults in a way, were they not?

"I'm bad at playing other men, especially if they're as handsome as you.", Gin corrected. Even someone like Kosuke was making him lose his mind at times and reminded him that in life, not everything was about the sweet release he'd get from a situation that was unfathomable in its own ways and that not every second that he spent with others was to make money. This little moment they shared, it was a sweet one and it made his heart thaw the slightest bit more; he loved it, every second of it no less, and relaxed some more, for as long as he could anyway. Still, much like this relationship was frought with hardship, the cost of a massive firework was not something that anyone wanted to stem - it ebbed eventually, and the moment it did, Kosuke was already being a cheeky bastard again. Gin giggled - he couldn't say that he disliked it one bit and, in fact, enjoyed himself even more now. "Hmmm, I'm not tired ... do you have Totoro at home?", he questioned, eating the last of his mochi up. They could do their movie date now, that didn't sound so bad - after all, this night was still a rather young one.
    • Winning him over? Was that was Kosuke was doing? He actually didn't know how or why, but he took it as fact if Gin stated it as such. For a moment he tried to get a glimpse of Gins face, he wanted to see how much he enjoyed the fireworks really, but he couldn't quite see anything without removing his own head and that he didn't want to do. Instead he softly stroked over the back of Gins hand, absent mindedly as such and while he was watching the sky himself, he wondered how Gin could claim that he wasn't good at playing men. Not only did that sound ridiculous because it was somewhat his job, but it sounded insane simply because Kosuke couldn't get him out of his head for more than a week. More than two weeks actually, since their first ever meeting. He liked talking to him, he liked how excited he was, but also how honest he could be. In a crowd of people it wasn't easy to talk about their jobs and feelings, but the night wasn't over yet, was it now?

"Yeah I have...", Kosuke mumbled, "But my TV isn't the best... anyway... it's only fifteen minutes from here." Kosuke slowly sat up again so he'd be able to look at Gin. "Only if you want to. Don't feel pressured." Kosuke didn't have any ulterior motives, he just wanted a quiet setting to talk or watch a movie as Gin suggested. Hopefully he wouldn't just leave once he saw the mess that was Kosukes home. He paid attention to how he looked, that his suit was expensive enough and he looked proper, but that didn't go for his apartment, not at all. Well... maybe he could have Gin wait outside for five minutes to clean up a bit, but that too was stupid. It wasn't dirty, just not very orderly. Why was he so nervous about a simple visit though? For now he stood up, grabbed their garbage again and then extended a hand towards Gin to help him up. Whatever they did, they'd probably leave.

Eventually they left the festival and Kosuke led Gin through the rather calm neighborhood by foot. They arrived at a small, kind of rundown supermarket. On the side of the building were stairs leading up to the first floor and within was Kosukes home. He hurried up ahead so he could unlock the door and Gin didn't have to wait, then he let him in, but hurried on inside right away. His flat was a single room apartment and they were already standing in his living and bedroom. The kitchen was located through a little doorway and not very big. "Uh this... is it. Sorry for... for the mess...", he stuttered nervously, while he went ahead to pick up a few items from the floor. It wasn't dirty, there were no empty bottles, cans or fast food containers and it wasn't all too dusty, but he simply had all kinds of stuff spread over the little space. Magazines, DVDs and other trinkets, as well as pillows, blankets and the occasional piece of clothing which he wore once, was still wearable, didn't need a wash, but didn't fit in the dirty clothes bin, nor back in his little wardrobe. He picked up a shirt he slept in last night and stuffed it into the bin anyway, followed by the pants he wore for the night as well. Then he stood in the middle of the room, welcoming Gin. "Uhm... sit wherever you want." There really only was his bed which was simply a mattress that lay on the floor. All the while he spotted his gun, which he quickly grabbed to put it into the only drawer he possessed. Out of sight, out of mind, right? "Do you want something to drink?", he asked, heading for his little kitchen and the fridge. "Uh... I have only beer, orange juice and water, but if you want anything else, I can get some from downstairs...?", he yelled around the corner, then stuck his head out again. "Wine...? Soda...? Anything...?"