all the highs and none the lows. (Earinor & Akira)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Was it stupid of him to do that? Gin couldn't say; he simply knew that he cared for Kosuke and that half of this was his fault anyway. If he could make it undone, he'd do so, but now, he sat there and simply marbled at the man that sustained injuries for him, or because of his interest in him. Would they have acted according to protocol, nothing would have happened to either of them, not in the way that it had, but Gin was still the one that got off scot-free, while Kosuke was the one that suffered for his idiocy. Was it right to accept it that way? Absolutely not, and yet, there was nothing he could do to change that, what happened had happened and what was about to happen wasn't something they knew about just yet. "And then you passed out before I could get here, because you were tired. If you want to go back to sleeping I don't fault you. Just tell me, I'll show up another day.", Gin assured Kosuke, even though wasting his free day like that would be a shame. Silliness aside, however, he also could stay and get comfortable, at least somehow. "Shhhh, 150.000 yen isn't that bad, you know? It could cover one or two months rent, or more, depending on how much you pay to live here. And it could help with your debt, that's the truth."

Gin wasn't about to let Kosuke off, or shove the money somewhere he'd never use it again, though, the harsh truth was, maybe it was, in fact, better to not meddle with what belonged to Rokuro. If he wasn't in for a world of hurt, but rather a questionable experience, Kosuke could waste it all and nobody would fault him, but even then, Gin didn't think he was like that at all. "Hm, maybe? It's too early to say that, but if we both do our jobs well, why would he be against it? We are adults, working jobs and not little kids that are supposed to study." Then again, maybe Rokuro wouldn't appreciate it at all, and if Kosuke worked for him, he perhaps had more power over his guy than he should have. Regardless, it was up to him and him alone, for a hefty amount of reasons no less - he would be able to think for himself, Gin figured, and if he needed someone to aid him, he could. "That's just the right amount!", he giggled, full of joy. "Yes! It's been a while, but they all were pretty good ... aside from Murakamis work, maybe, but it's still worth a read. He just writes in such a weird way sometimes.", Gin explained to Kosuke and singled out a book from the pile to show him; it was stark white, with splotches of color between dark, yet shimmering lettering. An odd one out. "That's not too bad of an idea. But for that, we both have to go out and pick something. And today, I won't let you.", the redhead chuckled, playing with Kosuke all the while. "Fine, fine! I'll let you, however ... yeah, I'll go pick it up and bring it back here, how's that sound? And you take your time and rest up a bit, like you should!" Enough time to get the cooling cream as well, but still. "Should I get you something from downstairs while I'm out, then?" Gin planted his head on Kosukes shoulder and deflated with a sigh, almost as if he was comfortable just right then and there. "Do you think I'm shallow?"
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "No it's fine, I slept enough.", Kosuke was quick to answer. Gin and him didn't meet often and their schedules didn't align very well usually. Besides, Kosuke didn't even know what to do with his free day if Gin were to leave now. He could read, but he kind of wasn't in the mood for it, despitebeing given five new books. "I don't know, the money somehow feels like a bribe to me and if I'm not taking this job, I'm not sure if I should use that money. Besides, I still get my usual sellery as well, it's not like I need it." He didn't, even if it paid rent and food expenses for two months. The day off today also barely hurt and even if he had to cover the free drinks that were given on the house because of the commotion, it didn't hurt him that much. Even if he paid of his dept, he doubted he was cut out for any other job than the one he currently had. Right now he felt fairly well where he was now.

"You're right I suppose and your boss seems like a nice enough guy..." Though Kosuke heard different stories about him, nothing he ever witnessed himself however. Gin seemed to like the idea, but being his bodyguard while Gin sat next to him didn't work out very well yesterday either. Kosuke focused on the books again, not sure which he should read first and if Gin wanted him to br fast with those. "I hope I find the time to read.", he smiled, then nodded. "I know, not today. But we could watch a movie if you have time.", he suggested since Gin wanted to eat dinner with him as well. "Sure, I'll wait here and don't move, alright?", he asked eith another smile. If it made Gin feel better if he could do something for Kosuke, he didn't want to refuse it. "Nah, I don't think I need anything." Kosuke put his hand on Gins back when he leaned against him, only to be surprised by the next question. "No. Where does that come from?"
    • Did he, truly and surely? Gin wanted to trust Kosuke for one reason or the other, but he had to admit, sometimes, that was hard with anyone. His judgement wasn't sound, it was clouded at best, he'd realized that, but also not tainted by anything. For now, he figured he could trust this guys judgement and if push came to shove, he'd just cut him off, maybe? Gin wasn't even sure what their relationship was, and much less was he convinced that the two of them were, quite clearly, doing what they ought to do. "You aren't saying that just because we can't meet all that often, right?", he chastised the taller figure, even though he knew that Kosuke - probably - spoke the truth. Either way, the slowness of life wasn't going to catch up to either of them. One free day wasted meant a thousand more things, just for them, but nobody else. "It could be, I'm not sure. Isn't it like, if he threw a dog a bone? It'd be sure to view you as someone nicer than the rest, given the fact that it got something from you - in that case, you're the dog and Rokuro the guy with the bone." If that wasn't obvious from the start. As he thought about it, while Kosuke would be something fearsome but loyal, like an anatolian shepherd or ... a border collie also kind of fit, didn't it? Gin, on the other hand, was probably one of those overdressed, tiny dogs stuffed into someones bag; a pomeranian, maybe?

As he wondered about it, he slipped through the cracks and couldn't help but blink up at Kosuke, eternally confused about what had just happened. Was he lost? Or did he just find himself? "He is. As long as you stay in line, you're his one and only, you know? His everything." Something that Gin had previously refused to share with anyone and he'd never do so, he was sure of that. Why would he want Rokuro to have a different favorite? Generally speaking, who would want that? No matter what, being exchanged for someone else, that was out of question. "So do I! I'd love to talk about books with you, and besides, they could give all of you a little bit of leeway sometimes, that would make the atmosphere in the Yasenyumei a bit more palatable - I know it's not like you can make any choice in that regards, but it'd be nice, no doubt about it.", Gin chuckled and reached his arm around Kosuke for a bit, scratching his back in the most mundane way he could figure out how to do. Wasn't that just great? The two of them, and nobody to interfere with them; their meetings had an odd feeling of melancholy, no doubt one of want and need, but even then, he chuckled. "I do have time. I'd love to watch a movie with you, and you know what? You get to pick one.", he snickered as he took his arm away from the other man, enjoying the one he received in return. Wasn't that just sweet. "Alright.", he murmured and remained in that position for a while, before he figured it was time to get up and get going. "I'm just wondering, that's all. But I'm glad you don't think that way." Even if Kosuke was wrong ... or was he? "Either way, how do you like your ramen? Anything specific?"
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "Not only because of that... but it's true, we seldomly see each other, I also don't want to sleep the whole day though.", Kosuke answered and shortly brushed over Gins back, since the redhead already came close to him. "Working for him might be more dangerous than my current job though... Well he wanted someone who's perceptive, I don't know what for though. Anyway, no one starts actual shootouts in the Yasenyumei, it's somewhat of a neutral ground, so noghing much happens there." If he started working for Gins bodd, what would he be? His personal bodyguard? Or rather something else? There were too many possibilities, but if he asked it was almost an agreement already. Gin seemed to like the idea so Kosuke decided he should at least think about it. Then again the offer didn't have a timelimit. If his job in the Yasenyumei ever fell flat, he had an option at least. Gin seemed to think very highly of his boss and he even bought him a new suit after yesterday.

"Are you sure that applies to his bodyguards too?", Kosuke asked and he doubted it. Either way, since he couldn't come to a conclusion, maybe he should forget about it for now. "Well it's one of the better jobs actually. As I said, it's pretty safe around their, debptor jobs for example can go south more quickly." Kosuke looked at Gin and contemplated. "Any specific genre? Or is there something you don't like?", he asked, realizing that he didn't know much about Gin at all. "I don't think a shallow person would bring a simple yakuza goon from a poor family books like these and believed he'd understand.", Kosuke smiled in return, then shrugged his shoulders. "I'll take the same as you, I'm not picky."
    • "You want to do something with your day off, I get you, really.", Gin assured him eventually. Who wouldn't? Wasting away in their own bed, spending every fleeting moment of life with himself and not out there, with someone else, letting the sun touch his skin and soak up the rays he seldomly had times to enjoy - all that was bliss, a mundane thing that one should enjoy. "Who knows? If you get to stay at the place I work at, it's not dangerous. You'll just be keeping an eye on some gossiping girls and boys and kick drunk customers out. You know, the usual nine yards! You'd do good as a bodyguard, without any ties to the yakuza, but I'm afraid that that's not what that job is.", he explained. If Rokuro really wanted Kosuke, it probably was for himself and his dealings outside of the world that Gin lived in. The redhead knew that there was something fishy about this, and yet, he couldn't just ask Rokuro what he had in mind; he'd be talking too much and as the older man had said, if he had to tell him everything, Gin wasn't worth much in terms of deducting other peoples schemes. Shit. "Think about it; the offer probably still stands in a few years, as long as you still have your skillset." A conclusion that couldn't be any less precise than it already was.

As Gin patted his pants, he figured he'd get himself another coffee from downstairs, and maybe some snacks that he figured Kosuke would enjoy. Whatever the case, Ramen first, everything else came second. "Maybe it does. It would apply to mine, you know. But I doubt I need one like you just yet, I'm not that sought after." Even if he wanted to be, Gin knew that being the star of a brothel wasn't always something good and that he, of all people, would just revel in too much attention. Therefore, it seemed pretty clear to him what he should or shouldn't do, but he listened to Kosuke regardless. "That's true, I think? I mean, I trust your judgement, really, but if you ever change your mind, just let him know. I'd think he'd be more than happy to employ you ... and how about a kitschy movie?" The redhead laughed and grabbed his emptied out bag, which also carried his wallet. Paying with Rokuros card wasn't something he would do in a moment like this, but he was rustling through Kosukes hair and showing him his tongue. "I'm glad you think that way. Alright, let me go get us something to eat. Feel free to get comfortable, wherever you want. I mean, it's your apartmet, but still, you get the gist of what I mean." He escaped the apartment with a slight blush as soon as he had put on his shoes and waved to Kosuke; Gin went to get two bowls of takeout ramen first, complete with two sets of disposable chopsticks and then went on a quick shopping spree downstairs, chatting with the old couple in there all the while. By the time he was done, he'd almost wasted 30 minutes, but he let himself into Kosukes apartment afterward. "I'm back! And I got cooling cream!"
    • "I'll think about it.", Kosuke concluded for now and shortly after, Gin wad already up and off to get them food. Kosuke meanwhile plugged a harddrive into his small TV that held a selection of movies. They weren't all appropriate, given that he got it from a collague who was the embodiment of the eternal bachelor. Well , Gin wasn't here to see any of that and Kosuke scrolled through the movies, looking up descriptions of ones that looked promising, online. He eventually found a romantic comedy and thought Gin might like it. He stopped the movie right at the beginning and then had nothing else to do but wait. After a few minutes he decided to get up to get two clean glasses from his kitchen. Together with a bottle of water he sat them on the little table for later. Still a bit bored he started to check the news on his phone. He shifted around on the mattress a bit, trying to find a position that would be comfortable for both of them and eventually decided to rearrange the pillows to the wall so they could lean against those.

Gin was still not back, so Kosuke started to read the short description on the back of each book he was brought, until Gin finally arrived with their Ramen and another bag with undefined content. "You didn't need to.", he answered shaking his head, but smiling. "Let's do that after we ate, or it'll just get cold.", Kosuke suggested and made some room on the tine table. He wasn't supposed to take off his shirt right now, was he? "I picked a movie for us. Do you want to start watching while we eat? Oh, do you want a bowl or do you want to eat out of the cup?" He was already about to get up to get whatever Gin could maybe need or want.
    • Kosukes place felt small but cozy, in a way that made Gin miss home. Did his parents think about him from time to time? Surely. Worst of all, they probably thought about him during their restless nights and wanted nothing more than for their son to come home - something that would never happen, and something that Gin only thought about when he found himself in emotional turmoil. Were his parents even worrying? Definitely. As he thought about that, he sat down the soups on the table and grinned at Kosuke, who probably waited way too long. His TV was already flickering and their backdrop was getting warmer and darker; the sun was sinking and dusk was approaching, but nightfall was more than a stonethrow away. "Sorry, I got carried away. Your grandparents are pretty nice people, you know! Said something about you and finding a wife, it was pretty fun, I have to admit.", Gin giggled. A wife, huh? Maybe it was time for either of them to find just that, to settle down and live the life of married people, and yet, Gin couldn't see himself as anyones groom, working in a dead-end job that would drive him up the wall. "Someone has to take care of you, besides, you could use it. Someone to dote on you some more, I mean.", Gin admitted, all embarrassed, for no reason whatsoever.

"Yeah, you're right! I bet you're hungry, sorry ..." Gin unpacked what he brought and put the snacks aside for now. It wasn't a lot, some chocolate and a few different brands of chips; there was cooling cream, and something that worked against soreness, as well as some facial cream, and now Gin realized just how far he'd gotten carried away, once he held a facial sheet mask in his hands and sighed. Fine, he'd subject Kosuke to all of that later. As he set the two cups on the table, as well as their utensils, he looked up at Kosuke and shook his head. "How do you usually eat them? We can eat them from the cups, but I'll go with whatever you like ... oh! What did you pick? Come here, we should start watching while we eat. Entertainment and food always goes well together, well, most of the time, but you get what I mean!", the redhead admitted with a slight grin on those pale lips of his. Surely, the cups couldn't have gotten cold and no, they weren't, not the slightest bit. That was good - it honestly was funny just how long these could keep something warm. "I forgot to ask for any allergies on your part, so I went with the safest option, but it's something I'd definitely still eat!"
    • "You know they are just my landlords, right?", Kosuke asked with a smile. "But yeah, they care way too much about a stranger like me. I think they don't have any other family. I'm glad they live a ways away from all the crime going on... I feel bad for lying to them though. Sometimes the old lady cooks and brings me some, claiming she accidently made too much, but I don't believe her. They sometimes also don't wabt to charge me for shopping. Do you think I should spend more time with them? Maybe they are lonely? ", Kosuke asked Gin. In a way he was too. He had no contact to his family anymore and that old couple cared about him as if he waa their grandson. Still, he couldn't be completely honest with them. He liked it here and he didn't want to be thrown out. If anything, maybe a Yakuza living here made lower criminals thinks twice before trying to rob this store. They were far enough away not to pay protection money at least. Not that he'd ever collect from them, he'd just pay it from his own pocket.

"They always talk about me finding a girlfriend... I'm not sure what they'd think about you." Only once the words slipped his mouth Kosuke realized how that sounded. He cleared his throat and tried to just move on, maybe Gin didn't pay it any mind. "No need to be sorry and I'm not allergic to anything.", he answered pulling over the cup towards himself a bit. "I'm fine with eating out of the cup." He took the chopsticks tgat came with the soup as well and opened it up. "I hope a romantic comedy is alright, I haven't seen this before." Kosuke took the remote control to start the movie, then he already started slurping on the noodles.
    • "Yes, but you also know that I like teasing you.", Gin chuckled. He meant it. Kosuke was someone that was already getting near and dear to him, even after so little time had passed. Did it matter, though? No. The two of them were already connected with one another, they had been for a while, and there was nothing, absolutely no single thing, that he could do about that - even if he wanted to, Gin couldn't sever that connection anymore and as he sat down again, he leaned onto Kosukes shoulder for a bit, just for a moment as he contemplated life and then giggled to himself. "They view you as their grandson, so I think they'd appreciate it if they spent more time with you, yes. Why not bake something for them, as a token of appreciation? Or invite them over for dinner?", he suggested, certain that the old couple would love it, given the way they had been head over heels for Kosuke just before that. Was Gin the same? Did he love Kosuke? No, not necessarily, not yet anyway. Maybe he would, eventually, but that was something only time would tell and not a cup of takeout ramen that he was getting invested in, as soon as he grabbed it.

"It's not like you're getting younger, so they aren't that wrong, you know?", Gin mused as he started eating and thought about it. Neither one of them was particularly old or in a position where it meant now or never for marriage, or even something like kids. Regardless of that, however, old people worried and sometimes, they still wanted to be there for more important decisions in life, or for an eventual ... Oh, no. Gin choked on his noodles and needed a second to calm down. "Me?" His head was getting redder by the minute. "So that's how you think of me? Now that's something new! Not sure if I can be a good girlfriend, tho. Well, or a girl in general.", he teased Kosuke, who had become the focus of his sight for the glimpse of a moment; he continued eating after a bit, after he knew that he wouldn't keep choking on all that he had anymore and that, all things aside, he should be slurping his food and not thinking about something so outrageous, even if Kosuke made him smile and Gin slightly headbutted his shoulder. "Romantic comedy? I didn't think you were like that, but as long as it's good or trashy enough that it's fun, I won't deny that I enjoy watching those ... by the by, so you don't think I'm shallow but attractive?"
    • "Me? Bake?", Kosuke asked confused. "I can't bake... I don't even have an oven. I also doubt this room is big enough for a dinner invite..." He also couldn't cook, besides some simple things that anyone could make. Maybe he could buy them something though. If Gin didn't want that money Kosuke got, maybe he could spend it on the nice landlord couple. What would they like? A fancy dinner somewhere in town? A weekend out of here? He wasn't sure, but he'd think of something for them and he truly believed that was good use of that money he got from Gins boss. "I'll think of something... Though I don't know much about them to be fair. I'm still glad they even offered me this room to be honest. I just decided to pack my stuff and leave the apartment I got after moving here. Allmy belongings fit in a bag. I was a bit rash moving out there. I was only entering the shop to buy some dinner, they started talking to me and immedietly offered up this room. I must have looked really desperate... "

Kosuke focused on his food again, only to look over to Gin once more. "I don't think someone would want to move in with me here...", he mumbled, but Gin pulled him back into reality when he started coughing. "Are you alright?", he quickly asked him rubbing Gins back to hopefully help, even though he was the cause of this mess. "No, I mean... Well we are..." Were they dating? Kosuke didn't want to make things awkward by assuming things so he stopped in his tracks and didn't finish his sentence. Gin calmed down, but hesdbutted Kosukes shoulder soon enough. "I thought that fits the bill of kitschy? If you don't like it we can find something else! I've got a lot of other movies too." Gin caught Kosuke off guard with his next question. "I... What? Yeah... Do those correlate?"

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Earinor ()

• Was it that much of a sin to imagine a yakuza underling baking? Apparently, because Gin stopped slurping at his noodles to giggle about it like an idiot - Kosuke took it all way to literal and Gin sighed about it. This guy would never really learn, would he? Of course not. There was no incentive for him to worry about, at least not in that way, and he had to admit, as sweet as it was to imagine that, he couldn't help but wonder if the ravenhaired man wasn't right about his assumptions. "I can bake them something, or show you how to bake for them, you know? And then, once all is said and done, you can still gift it to them. Doesn't matter if I helped you or not, you know? They'd surely appreciate the effort.", Gin mused as he narrowly avoided burning his tongue with the broth that he didn't expect to be that hot a second time around. The ramen were good, but the cups insulation was way, way better. If he had to guess, that guy down the street was used to people getting takeout from his place specifically. Was Kosuke living in a quaint little neighborhood? Absolutely. "Sounds like you were in need of something and they were looking for a grandson to dote on. That's nothing bad, but yeah, they probably did think you were a bit desperate. Not that you look like that now."

Gin continued eating and looking at the TV, which didn't mean he couldn't spare Kosuke a few glances and grins here and there, however, it did lessen overtime. Was there something that they eventually should start thinking about? "Then you need to maybe change location. Who knows, maybe you'll find an older but richer woman who's into men like you? With all the money you can dream of!", he concluded proudly, but soon found himself engrossed by the plot of the movie that Kosuke had put on. It was tempting to say the least and frankly, he had to admit that he was loving the setting. An european city, somewhere close to the sea, huh? That was some attention to detail! "Yes, I a- we ... we are what?", Gin sputtered, not offended at all, confused about that statement before he started giggling. "Oh, so we are girlfriends, you and me? Exciting, didn't know I was a lesbian.", he chuckled, before he set aside the cup. Not that he was done, but Gin was feeling full ... of something, maybe butterflies? He couldn't say. "This is fine, don't panic, it's rather fun, I think, buuuut." A sudden moment of silence followed as he playfully winked at Kosuke. "Those do correlate, a bit. Don't you want to ask me out, tho?"
    • "You don't need to do this. Maybe I'll just invite them to a fancy restaurant, I have some extra money after all.", Kosuke smiled. Gin was always so adamant about doing this and that for Kosuke. Shop for him, psy his food, help him bake, he wondered why that was. Kosuke didn't think anyone else ever put so much effort into helping him out." Mhm... Still, I think they believe I am working as a waiter somewhere.", Kosuke mumbled full of guilty feelings. Then again, everyone that worked in an establishment that required a suit around here probably had something to do with the yakuza. Ge wasn't sure if they knew and willingly looked away. Kosuke soon enough finished his ramen. He was a fast eater and he'd been hungry. He put the cup further away, but waited with cleaning up until Gin was done too. He remembered that he readied some water for them and now grabbed the bottle to pour them both a glass each. He silently moved Gins closer towards him and then drank from his own.

"Uh... I don't know, I doubt I know how to behave around rich people." Besides silently merging with the background and keeping them save. Talking with anyone though? About what? His Yakuza life? Doubtful. What did Gin even mean with men like him? Gin purposefully misunderstood Kosuke soon enough and he shook his head." No uh... Dating... Is what I was about to say, but maybe we're not, I dont know...", he mumbled silently, though Gin moved their relationship status up with his joke, didn't he? Gin left him speechless once more. "Ask... You out? To another date...?" No probably for Gin to be his boyfriend, whatever that would entail.
    • To Gin, nothing seemed out of the ordinary, ever. Was that why Rokuro called him shallow? He wasn't so sure. Everything and anything that happened in his life probably had a purpose, worse yet, it definitely happened for a reason. That was why, naturally, he could no longer ignore himself and all the feelings he sometimes felt. Did he even want to date Kosuke? They didn't even know one another all that well, and yet, if he ventured forward into a relationship like that, he figured, maybe he'd find out more about himself. But what was it that he felt for him, and worse, how would he even break the news to Rokuro? There was something that he couldn't quite put his fingers on just yet. "Oh, you're right about that, and the idea doesn't sound to bad either, you know? Maybe they would appreciate a night out, with you. Like a small family.", Gin chuckled, picking up his cup again to empty it out after Kosuke had done so. He was full now, entirely, and yawning for a good bit as he thought about how, why and when he even considered himself to be as lucky as he was. "If you want to be a waiter, I bet Rokuro could use you as a bartender. Not that there's something wrong with our current one, but I'm sure some days off would do him good sometimes.", the redhead proposed. But there definitely was something else that Rokuro had in mind for Kosuke, wasn't there?

As he wasted his thoughts on all these mundane things, he grabbed his glass of water and drank from it - should he have offered to bring drinks as well? No, he worried too much about useless details and right now, there was but one thing that he should be doing, and that was to shut up and give it a good thought, while Kosuke was the one that had a honest moment with him. Gin couldn't say that he didn't enjoy it. "That comes with time, trust me! Nobody is a master at anything instantly, I also had to work to be able to charm just about anyone I wanted!", he confessed to Kosuke, knowing fully well that, regardless of what it was that he did, there was no way out of his own decisions now, was there? In the end, he wrapped just about anyone around his fingers and Gin wondered if Kosuke was as smitten with him because of that, or if all of this was just a rather timely coincidence. What was this about anyway? Definitely about achievings ones happiness, and absolutely not about honesty. However, he was brought to giggle again and couldn't stop smiling; the edges of his mouth hurt for a bit until he figured out what to do with himself. "Hmm, let me think." Gin put his glass back on the table and grabbed one of Kosukes hands. "Would you like to date me now, when you barely know enough about me, or do you want to go on a date to figure out if you truly want me to do date you, hm?"
    • "With me? I was thinking for them alone, I'm sure I'd just be the third wheel.", Kosuke replied while taking Gins empty cup and putting it into his own. He also stored their chopsticks inside and then stood up. He wasn't as quick on his feet as usual and normally he wouldn't clean up right away, but he figured he'd do it with a guest. With their waste he ventured to the small kitchen to wash out the cups before throwing them away together with the other things, then he came back out again and sat down next to Gin, plopping down a bit faster than expected. He held hid side for a short bit, then leaned back. "I doubt your boss would pay my debt just for me to be a waiter, even if I were to pay him back.", Kosuke replied. Sometimes he wondered if Gin was only joking or of he didn't know as much about how the lives of people like him worked. In the end Gin was in a different situation and maybe he could work as a waiter if he wanted to.

"Well, but you grew up around rich people, right? You were taught which fork to use and so on." Kosuke only knew stuff like that from TV. If he'd been taken to a European restaurant, he'd be totally lost and he also wasn't very versed in which alcohol waa considered good. He rarely ever drank wine before and when he drank sake, they ordered whatever cheap one they had. Eventually Kosuke carefully reached out for Gin and softly tugged on him so he'd come lean back next to him, but instead of doing that, he only grabbed Kosuked hand, surprising him with this sudden gesture and question. "Huh? I mean... Uhm... What's the difference? I'm not seeing anyone else at the moment regardless...", he answered honestly. "I mean, not that I expect the same from you or anything... And I would have asked you out, but our schedules badly align most of the time... Also I wanted to save some money, so we could go somewhere nice."
    • "But aren't you their son, sort of? Maybe they want you to accompany them and you just don't notice it, you know?", Gin proposed and thought about it. Those two chattered a lot, especially with someone like him who revealed that he came from upstairs and was, in fact, a friend of Kosukes - no wonder they wanted him to have a few more things which he politely declined. Were they happy that this guy had found a friend? Or maybe they were rather caring individuals, ones that couldn't help themselves now that they were old and didn't have a brighter future ahead of them. As the redhead thought about it, his mood soured; would he ever live his life in a way that he'd be content with? Gin furrowed his brow and clicked his tongue, but all that soon cleared up when Kosuke spoke to him yet again. "Do you know what a bartender in the brothel needs to do? Do you know how much this guy earns?", he questioned, rather flabberghasted. While Rokuro wasn't exactly poor, there was no obvious security in that brothel of theirs - the bartender doubled as one of Rokuros henchmen most nights, and even if he looked less than auspicious, he was a saint in the environment that Gin worked in. One gunshot to the head and pang! That was one more idiot taken care of. Kosuke could definitely do the same; Gin was fairly sure of that.

"I mean, kind of? It's not like using a fork is essential, though! And besides, that's not something you should worry about. What hand do you think you hold the fork in?", Gin quizzed the taller man immediately. Was this supposed to be their little romantic talkaround and an imagined vacation at an european coast? As he thought about it, maybe he'd enjoy it - and yet, he knew that one step too far was two steps he'd regret. Kosuke, though, made everything seem possible and nothing implausible; just by being there, Gin was convinced that he'd live a prosperous, happy life with someone he barely knew. What a freak he was. "At the moment?", the redhead raised an eyebrow and then chuckled. What a guy he was. Did that mean he'd jump ship if he got the chance to? Possibly. And yet, he could only hope for the best; he leaned back, into Kosukes embrace, and looked at him, with eyes glistening the slightest bit. "I'll go out with you then, if that's what you want. It's not like I ... honestly, I'd actually like that ... to spend more time with you, and be yours, you know?", he chuckled. Gin moved closer, reaching out toward Kosukes chest. "Just don't regret it."
    • "Hardly. I mean they are friendly, but they hardly know anything about me and I don't know anything about them either. There is nothing more than smalltalk.", Kosuke explained. He liked the couple, they didn't press him to pay his rent ever, they gifted him things from their shop, but that didn't mean that they were his family or friends. Kosuke lied to them in a sense and he rather kept his distance from them, it was better that way. He lived a dangerous life and even though he was in a position where nobody really cared for him, he was still worried about putting others in danger just by association. Should he care more about Gin too? They lived in the same world, maybe that was why he was less worried about him. "I don't... but don't you think it would be awkward if we worked together? Us being in the same room in the Yasenyumei caused enough problems, don't you think?", he asked Gin. He didn't blame him for anything, he just wasn't sure if it was a good idea. He wasn't sure if he wanted to see all those people that Gin saw either.

"Uh... right?", Kosuke answered, though it was more a question. He didn't know and when he watched foreign movies he didn't pay attention either. "And in the future, if you don't want me to... I mean I don't plan to anyway.", Kosuke stuttered. He wasn't sure what Gin preferred or if he didn't care. He looked at the redhead who seemed pretty amused by the situation. "Mine?", he asked. It felt strange to call something or someone his own and in a was Gin would never be, unless Kosuke could pay off the redheads debt, so he'd be truly free. Kosuke was very well aware what situation he was jumping into and he wasn't going to be jealous, even if their relationship grew ore serious. It was Gins job to please other men, there was no way around it and he didn't hide it either. "Why would I regret it?", Kosuke asked. Honestly, he already liked chatting with him, even if it was only via text and with large gaps inbetween because they were working or sleeping when the other had time.
    • "So? It's not like that means you can't bond with them. Even if you hardly know each other, do you know me that much better?", Gin asked, certainly questioning this guy and his motives. Perhaps he was too harsh on Kosuke, or on that little blubber on hope inside of this man that, all things considered, didn't deserve to be squashed. And yet, what was he to do? Gin wasn't going to entertain stupidity from anyone and he couldn't, no, wouldn't accept a no for an answer in moments like these, crucial to few and yet meaning hardly anything to many. "It did cause enough problems, yes.", he mused. But did it hurt anyone aside from those who deserved it? Maybe Kosuke, but then again, Rokuro wasn't one of those people that just hurt his employees because he felt like it, of that Gin felt fairly certain, but even then, he had nothing but his own ideas of that man to cling toward - he didn't notice that he was, in fact, shallow and glued to things that didn't matter much, at least not in a way that would help either of them. "As long as you don't get jealous of my clients, though, I don't see why it would get awkward. We could tag-team and if you were arround, I'd feel safe anyway, you know? I know you're capable, and I believe you have what it takes, but even then, maybe think about it yourself. I can't force you to do something you don't want to do and I won't."

"Are you sure?", he teased further. Kosuke wouldn't get a straight answer out of him this way, surely not, but Gin was in the mood to entertain them both and then himself for tonight; something that he arguably wouldn't want to rely on in any setting, and yet, he did nothing more than question whether or not he was right to include this man in his weird daydreams and questionable decisions. "I wouldn't say no to that, you know." The movie was all but forgotten as he cuddled close to a man that needed a bedframe or maybe a comfortable futon; something that wasn't a mattress on the floor or his own love for life wasted on others that could only repay him so much. Kosuke wasn't cut out to be a yakuza, was he now? Surely, he took care of what was important, but other than that, to Gin, he seemed rather soft-hearted. "Because of the field of work I do. Don't you think you might get jealous of the men and women I sleep with in the long run? Not that I take you for the type, but, you know - you're proposing your love to a whore.", he chuckled. As he thought about it, he reached out for Kosukes head and bumped his forehead into the black-haired mans, stalling his breath for a bit. "Like I said, I would like to, but I just want to prepare you for what might happen."
    • "I won't.", Kosuke made clear, since Gin didn't seem to want to drop the topic. Thus far no one asked the other party anything substantial and while Kosuke didn't tell them what his line of work exactly was, he also never lied to them, he was just never asked. He didn't want to lie to their face and he didn't want to tell them the truth either. He liked it here and he saw no reason to disturb his life here. "I'm not sure your boss would allow his employees to have a relationship with each other, especially not when working in the same building... Like this I am just some guy working for someone else, there is nothing wrong with that I guess. In the Yasenyumei people who touch any of the girls from the club are kicked out.", he explained. All in all it did seem like a bad idea to him to work for Gins boss. Everything seemed to get mixed up too much. "And what if we fight or something...? We'd still need to see each other all the time."

Kosuke wasn't someone who welcomed change very much. True, his schedule was messy and spontaneous, but everything else was always kin of the same and he liked the security all that provided to him. A new job, a better relationship, all that could go good or bad. His thing, whatever it was, with Gin as well, but there couldn't be much harm involved, except maybe a broken heart at some point. "Ah... I mean... I know that. I'm not thinking much about it... it's just your job, right? If anyone might regret it, it's probably you. I'm not rich, or exceptionally smart, nor will I ever have any kind of influence and I wouldn't ignore the fact that I could die any day... you never know with my job." Kosuke looked up, at the face that was suddenly so close to his own. He wasn't sure if it was alright to kiss Gin, so he refrained. "I knew what your job is from the start. I don't need preparing. I might be dense, but I didn't forget that and it never occurred to me that it is something worth complaining about. My job involves nasty things too, other kinds, but... you know what I mean. You're fine with that... right?"
    • "See?", Gin replied. This still meant that Kosuke could at least have some next of kin, although not all of them - a set of parents, even if unrelated by blood, was nothing bad to have, even if they were older, maybe even more strict. Gin would be too embarassed to face his own, but Kosuke shouldn't be embarrassed by his line of work, or rather afraid that someone would hate him for it. "You had to pick something if you wanted to survive, right? You didn't just decide that you wanted to be part of the mob one night while sleeping because it's fun to bash peoples faces in. Look, I'm not saying you need to confess everything to them, lay out whatever you've done to them, but they seem nice. You can judge them better than I do, but I think, deep down you know they'd understand were you're coming from.", the redhead elaborated further as his lips pursed into a smile, his face still so close to Kosukes that he could feel the warm breath on his skin and hot-red blood rushing through his veins. Gin had nothing to be embarassed or afraid of, not here and not now, but his partner - his acquaintance with certain benefits - needed an extra push - one he'd give him. His own, delicate hands grabbed the ragged, rough ones that Kosuke sported, held them within his grasp, confidently but softly. "If he doesn't know, he can't care, but I'm saying ... you should think about his offer and this relationship, you know? Just ... think about what you want first, how's that sound? Love shouldn't be secondary to your own wellbeing, and I'd hate for you to stick to the Yasenyumei just because of me when you could have it better elsewhere. I'm not saying no, I'm ... asking you to think about it?", he chortled, gingerly.

"Then we'd have to deal with it like adults." That much was the truth, albeit ... would they even be able to? Gin would have to rely on Kosuke for protection from clients that got too much and if there was any kind of bad blood between them, that wasn't a good way to foster trust or form a bond with somebody that was supposed to be at his disposal, in away. His heart thumped in his chest and a soft pink hue was dusted across his cheeks as he thought about it, wanted to consider it all to be something more than just the mess that he saw it for. "So you don't mind? I'm glad. But at least you thought about it - sometimes, others would confess to me after seeing me for weeks on end, just paying for my services, and then get upset when I laid it out to them in the most honest of ways and telling them I have no interest in them, at least romantically ... they'd expect me to just be theirs, but I can't do that, I still have a debt to pay back, even though, some days, I like to think about what life would be like without having to work this job." Whoring himself out sure was one way to put it, but all in all, Gin had to confess to one thing: Kosuke was the first person that did ask him out that he didn't immediately want to say no to. He deserved a chance, more than anyone else, but even then, maybe Gin wasn't the guy for it, maybe ... maybe Kosuke should pursue someone different. "I've seen the fair share of violence your job can entail, and as long as you don't ... get yourself killed on the spot, or on purpose, I don't see why I should care much. You're not doing it because you enjoy it, do you?", he inquired, but didn't wait for an answer. "Didn't think so. I don't mind." And he couldn't be picky anyway.
    • Kosuke started to get weak and he was about to agree with Gin. He laid it out in a way that made sense and besides that, having him this close, with a warm smile on his face, caring for someone like Kosuke, made it hard to say no to him. He admired Gin for often times being so positive, despite the harsh reality they lived in and even though he could be very vulnerable too. It was hard to look into that pale face, framed by his bright red hair, without falling into a daze. "I did not... but still. They'd ask more questions, about me, my family, maybe they would want to help e to get out. I don't want them to get involved. I'm fine on my own, that's why I left my home. I broke contact with them, because I want to protect them, it would be unfair to them if I searched for a new family here. And it's unfair to disregard my landlords saftey as if they were less... you know...?" Kosuke tried to lay it out, tried to explain. He couldn't just search for a more disposable family and he was truly fine on his own. Was he though? He thought he was, but albeit maintaining his relationship with Gin, the texts late at night, or pulling two shifts together so they could meet, was exhausting, he truly wanted this to work and wanted someone like him by his side. He wanted to tell Gin, who held his hands now, that he valued him more than some job, but he thought maybe it was unfair to not consider everything when Gin asked exactly that of him, so he simply nodded. He didn't need to think much about it however. His job wasn't bad and not more or less dangerous than a job or Gins boss. Only drunks started trouble in the Yasenyumei, no one would start a war there and as for his other jobs... those were fine too.

"Maybe I can help you out with your debt.", Kosuke offered, though that wasn't really what Gin was going on about, was it? In fact Kosuke wasn't sure what he was saying, he wasn't a customer, was he now? He felt like Gin was asking him out in the first place, when they just left Gins job and instead got something to eat somewhere else. Often enough he was at a loss with Gin, wondering if he wasn't too smart for a yakuza grunt like him that never finished school and couldn't quite follow his thoughts sometimes. But Gin was right, Kosuke didn't enjoy bashing someones head in. "I don't, but I might be... numb to some of the violence. I'm not going to lie to you, when I do have to break some bones, I don't lose sleep over it anymore. I'm not... feeling bad about it either. I don't like to do it in a sense of... how to put it? I don't look forward to situations like that, I don't want someone to not pay, because I get a kick out of beating someone, but I do it if I have to and I'm not feeling bad about it." He looked more closely into Gins face, he wanted to know if that was a turn off for him. He squeezed Gins hands back a bit while he waited for any kind of reaction. He felt bad for not feeling bad for those people, but that was as far as it went. "I want to be honest with you." he added for no particular reason. He never was known as a liar to begin with.