A thin line [Winterhauch & Michiyo]

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• A thin line [Winterhauch & Michiyo]

You know when you're with someone but things just aren't right, but you're afraid to ask, because the answer might be worse than the feeling right now?

SoL | drama | suspense | mystery | romance - BL or HL

Ginny has always struggled to fit in, feeling like an outsider in her small town. But when she met a group of misfits it finally felt like home. The typical teenage drama became her life as these people became her closest friends. Experimenting with drugs, sex, and rebellion made her feel like she's finally found a place where she belonged. But as they delve deeper into their bad habits, Ginny started to worry that they were going too far…

One wild party night Ginny watched in horror as one of her best friends overdosed and died. In their panic the others fled the scene, leaving Ginny alone with the body. A police call later her life was forever changed.

At first Ginny spent most of the nights in bed, then she decided to spend her days driving around aimlessly. Sometimes she'd check in on her little sister but eventually came around the same old spot she used to go with her friends before her life got scattered into pieces.

She was just a normal kid trying to fight the demons in her head, to keep them shut but for some people beeing in their own skin feels like hell. Desperately looking for an answer she soon found a solution for her problems. It was the alcohol, just a few sips, that lured her back to the old habits. A foolish kid messing around with methylated spirits which soon weren't enough to numb the pain anymore. Stealing meds from her mothers postoperative pain control was another high. Weed, Molly and other stuff followed fast behind but the stuff that really stuck to her was fentanyl and oxycodone. Life was good, it went by at ease - finally! But the thing with drugs is…they´re only good as long as you're on them. And guilt…grief? Feelings don't just disappear.

Jax who had his own freaking worries seemed to have a lot in common with Ginny. No wonder that their paws eventually crossed. Really they were meant to find each other if it would have only been under other circumstances. Nevertheless they had the best time one could possibly have in that situation. Rather than to get their shit together they both seemed to be each other's greatest dream but yet their worst nightmare. But as the investigation into her friend's death unfolds, Ginny was forced to confront the harsh realities of addiction. She grappled with her own feelings, while also trying to protect her friends from the consequences of their actions.

When they discover a shocking secret about one of the friends, both realize that this death may not have been an accident and Ginny may not know her friends as well as she thought. With their own safety at risk, they must decide whether to stay loyal to the group or do what's right, even if it means betraying them.

The line between right and wrong is not always clear-cut…

Jax: @Winterhauch
      Ginny: @Michiyo
      A heart's a heavy burden.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Michiyo ()

• Virginia “Ginny” Thomas
      22 year-old | pale-skin | hazel eyes | ash blonde hair

“I used to like liquor to get me inspired but you look so beautiful, my new supplier. I used to like smoking to stop all the thinking but I found a different buzz. The world is a curse, it'll kill if you let it. I know they got pills that can help you forget it.”

Personality
      Summer in the Sonoran Desert felt like hell especially when your skin was as pale as snow burning up pretty quickly. Ginny could never acclimate to the heat and didn't quite fit into the predominant hispanic region. Temperatures over 100 degrees should be illegal, at least that's what she thought. Monsoon season really was the only time of the year that the ash blonde girl could stand it outside. She loved the rain, wasn't scared of the thunderstorms, always chasing the flash. It was the only relief from the burning sun. That girl never understood when it became such a trend on social media to lay down in your own driveway, letting the rainfall soak all your clothes, lying there doing nothing while only watching the night sky above but she definitely invented it!

Socially awkward, and pretty intelligent she felt like an outsider among her peers. She was hesitant to put herself out there but being with her friends or under the influence, she always became more outgoing and carefree. Despite her quiet demeanor, Ginny had a rebellious streak and loved experimenting with psychedelics. It helped her let go of her anxieties and she relished the feeling of freedom they provided. Regardless of her flaws and bad habits, she was a loyal friend with a good heart. She was passionate about music and dance, hoping to one day pursue a career in the creative fields.

“I never went to bed, shit, wine or water. You said something about a cold drink? I don't know, I'm delirious.”

Background
      When lifes a constant rollercoaster ride - and it has been a tough one - you kinda find ways to escape. Chasing the lightning for the thrill of it, turning to liquor, experimenting with drugs - the sweet taste of medicine for her troubled soul. College had such a bad influence on her, made it way too easy to find the next high but really Ginny enjoyed every single bit of it. As a natural introvert she spent most of her time studying and reading. She never figured out how her single father of two stubborn as hell girls could afford to not only let one go to college but also cover for the medical bills of the youngest. For what felt like a million years Clementine struggled with bipolar disorder. All the required medication and therapy to manage her symptoms and prevent relapse cost everything off the poor father. He was rarely there, always working for a nickel and a dime while their mother was… well only hell knew where that woman disappeared to after her youngest had been diagnosed. Maybe she felt bad because she suffered from the mental health condition herself but really Ginny couldn't care less about her mothers motives. She'd just better stay away rather than come back again. Ginny couldn't tell what she would do to that woman but she for sure was up to no good.

Her life not being complicated enough soon became even worse. Losing her mother was a hard pill to swallow but seeing her father being arrested, his face pushed into the burned grass of their front yard, carried away in handcuffs was top notch. The home she knew scattered into pieces within minutes. The little apartment was searched by the arresting officers while her personal belongings were confiscated. For sure the landlord would have thrown them out of there if it wouldn't have been for the youth welfare office that took care of the two girls anyhow. Always moving, never staying long enough to make friends, developing trust issues, changing host families on a daily basis. Could it have gotten any worse? Well sure thing! The rebelling sisters soon got separated and that just pulled the rug from underneath their feet. Spending years alone, they finally all reunited after her dad had served his sentence but their bond never really was the same again. The damage was done.

“Are you insane like me? Been in pain like me? I think there's a flaw in my code. These voices won't leave me alone. Are you strange like me? Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me? Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?”

• GridArt_20230325_143713972.jpg

Jaxon "Jax" Lewis
      25 years | athletic build | ice blue eyes | jetblack hair

Personality
      Jax usually appears calm and collected.
      Rarley he allows his emotions or true thoughts to show and is convinced that this behavior protects him from beeing stabbed in the back by another person. As a result no one really knows the real Jax. On the other hand he's very short tempered and tends to violence if an unlucky fool dares to utter the wrong words. Unfortunately suppressed emotions always have the ugly habit of backfiring.
      Although he does not hesitate to do what ever it takes do fulfil his duty he would never lay a single finger on a person he truely cares about. He would rather break his own fingers. Under a grim and cold exterior beats a loyal heart and he would do anything for the people he loves.
      Jax is a heavy smoker and tries to carefully hide the slight limp of his right leg, because he got hurt during a job for Lance and a bullet tore through muscles and bones. On rainy days the pain increases and he tends to disappear for this time because no one should see this weakness. That's the reason why Jax isn't a big fan of the annual monsoon season.

"You'll get what's coming to you some day."
      - "I will if there's any justice in the world. And we all know how likely that is."

Background
      Born with privileges meant nothing at all when your whole life turned into a freaking shitshow with a single snap of narcissistic and publicity hungry man who cares only for himself. After the sudden death of his father Nathan Lewis in a tragic car accident his mother Jocelyn became depressive and threw herself into the arms of any man who feigned the slightest bit of interest and offered a tiny chance of killing the heavy loneliness. Once a celebrated model, she was reduced to a shell after losing the love of her life. Heartbroken, a manipulative man like Henry Montrose had a fool's game with the poor woman. He was charming and understanding up to the point when he put an overpriced diamond ring on her finger. A nicely packaged chain to hold her and show her of as his beautiful trophy-wife, nothing more. He never honestly loved her. Jocelyn was so captivated by his charming facade that she didn't even object when he tried to shove her only son off to a boarding school across the United States. Jax never forgave her for that. After a heated argument in wich Jax broke his stepfather's nose, he ran off into the city with nothing on him but the clothes he was wearing. Without money, no place or people to turn to, the boy of 16 years ended up on the rough streets of Phoenix. Luckily he was to stubborn to give up his shitty life.
      One fateful day, he crossed paths with Lance Miller, a well-known criminal who made his living through prostitution, blackmailing and other shady deals. He took the homeless boy under his wing. Lance fed the boy's anger and used it to his own advantage. Over the years Jax worked his way up the ranks through blood, sweat and pain from a scrawny errand boy to a feared member of Lance' inner circle. Usually he works as a bouncer at the main door of the "Blue Orchid", a shady nightclub behind a facade that was way too clean. But everyone knew that he got the real dirty work done for their boss. Believing that he owned his life to Lance, he carried out every order without a single question. It never mattered how many noses he cracked, how many bones he had to break. He had blood on his hands.
      After all, it was the only life he knew for a very long time.
      “We all change, when you think about it.
      We’re all different people all through our lives.
      And that’s OK, that’s good, you gotta keep moving,
      so long as you remember all the people that you used to be.”

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von Winterhauch ()

• Lavender "Levie" Smith

23 year-old | tattooed left sleeve | dark brown eyes | red colored hair

Background and Personality
      Levie, Cami and Ava have been friends forever. However the outgoing redhead has always been in charge, since she was the most confident of them all. With her short hair that was always perfectly styled she seemed very put-together. She wore thrifted clothes and accessories so she could come off as quite polished. Most of the times she spoke her own mind without any sign of fear, did not shy away from arguments and sometimes could be a real b*tch. She could be friendly and charming when it suited her, but also mean and manipulative. Pretty much used to getting what she wanted, she was not above bullying or intimidating others. Over the years she got very close with Cami which more and more led to excluding Ava.

Levie was very into fashion and makeup, and spent a lot of time keeping up with the latest trends. She more or less knew all the social news, loved to gossip and was always in the loop on who's dating who and what's going on in town.

Coming from the upper working class she never really experienced the issues that came with financial problems. She was used to being the center of attention and never had to work very hard. With both her parents being busy working, she often was left on her own, developing a bit of a spoiled, entitled attitude.

"Don't you think that it's boring how people talk?
      Making smart with their words again, well, I'm bored
      Because I'm doing this for the thrill of it, killing it
      Never not chasing the million things I want."

• Camila “Cami” Mendes
      23 year-old | green eyes | brown hair

The soft, wavy brown hair of Cami suited her down-to-earth style of a natural beauty. She usually wore comfortable, casual clothes but managed to make it look effortless and cute. Her kind heart was something only her closest friends got to witness. Making others feel at ease was only one of her talents, since she was easy to talk to and willing to lend a listening ear. Really, no one ever understood how this sweet innocent girl could be friends with people like lavender.

Growing up she has always been surrounded by supportive family members who only wanted the best for their little princess. Cami never showed interest in flashy, superficial things unlike her best friend. Though she loved to have fun, she rarely participated in her friends' experiments. She liked to smoke but was kinda afraid of taking pills.

Mateo “Teo” Mendes
      25 year-old | green eyes | brown wavy hair

Confident, independent, and a bit of a rebel, Mateo was not afraid to speak his mind or challenge authority, which often caused him a lot of trouble. He could come across as a bit intimidating at first but was fiercely loyal to his friends and family. As a very protective brother he would have done anything to keep his sister safe. As a skateboarder he was a bit of a thrill-seeker but also a free spirit. He loved to explore new places and spent most of his time outside chasing the next adrenaline rush. Camila and Mateo were very close, always watching out for each other. Teo would stand up for her if anyone tried to mess with her.

• Avery "Ava" Garcia
      23 year-old | brown eyes with a blue dot in each eye | black hair

"Come on, little lady, give us a smile - No, I ain't got nothing to smile about. I got no one to smile for. I waited a while for a moment to say I don't owe you a goddamn thing"

Personality and Background
      This young woman was unlike her friends. Standing at 5,8 feet tall with a muscular build, she exdued strength and confidence wherever she went. But Ava wasn't always like that. Some people knew her long enough to recall the fragile Girl, with long hair and a smile just as bright as her future - what can you say? Life sucks, people change and so did Avery.

From a young age she was drawn to the discipline and rigor of training, and spent hours in the gym practicing martial arts. She had a natural talent for boxing and shared her interest with one of her friends - Jax who was one who introduced her to the world of self defense. Really their friendship started off the wrong foot. Only fate brought their paths together and without him, who knew what woman Ava would have become - but she regretted nothing! Jax saved her life, rescuing her from the filthy hands, that tried to beat her down and assault her. Ever since she tried to be the best friend she could possibly be for that guy. Apart from Jaxon she still had friends in Camila and Lavender, though she never really cared for the redhead. Cami was sweet and kind, easy for her to be around with but Levie was just a snob in her eyes. Ava didn't like people who couldn't handle silence and felt the need to always share every thought.

"I've tasted blood and it is sweet. I've had the rug pulled beneath my feet. I've trusted lies and trusted men broke down and put myself back together again. Stared in the mirror and punched it to shatters, collected the pieces and picked out a dagger"

Her love for martial arts was not just a hobby, but a way of life. She approached every challenge with a warrior's mindset, striving to improve herself and push beyond her limits, yet she was very chill and easy to talk to. Not afraid to be herself she didn't feel the need to impress anyone but herself.

Due to her gender, Ava had some obstacles and discrimination to face but never let it stop her from being her true self. She embraced her masculinity and refused to conform to societal expectations of what a woman should or shouldn't be.

"I'm no sweet dream, but I'm a hell of a night. No, I won't smile, but I'll show you my teeth and I'ma let you speak if you just let me breathe. I've been polite, but won't be caught dead letting a man tell me what I should do in my bed."

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Michiyo ()

• LanceMiller.jpgLance Miller
      41 years | piercing dark brown eyes | short brown hair

Personality and Background
      Lance is powerfull and confident and makes sure people know it.
      Further he likes to brag about his accomplishments constantly and once he starts talking it's difficult to get him to stop. Nearly every dealer and club owner in Maryvale, a district of Phoenix with an alarming high crime rate, gets his stuff and goods from Lance. Nothing is known about his early childhood or teenage years only that he got the position as a leader of a successfull crime cartel during a bloody coup.
      Even if he doesn't shy away from violence, he prefers to let his trustworthy underlings like Jax finish the unpleasent tasks. Actually the criminal doesn't like to get his hands dirty if he has the choice and for that he pays his people a good fortune. For Jax he's and odd mixture of a mentor and father figure. For many years the boy admired the man for his strength und the respect he earned.
      Lance has a thing for expensive suits and easy women. Now and then he seems quite charming - if he wants to. But at the end of the day this dangerous man is still highly manipulative and a wolf in sheep's clothing.
      And this wolf truly loves to bite, sweetie.

He couldn't count the threats he'd heard, the men he'd killed, or the men he'd seen die, but the look in Jax' eye still sent a chill up his spine. Some wrathful thing in this boy was beginning to get loose, and Lance didn't want to be around when it slipped its leash.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Winterhauch ()

• GridArt_20230627_221400906 (1).jpg

A THIN LINE
      [Soundtrack Choice]

1. Killer - Valerie Broussard
      2. Big Bad Wolf - Roses & Revolution
      3. It Will Come Back - Hozier
      4. Bells In Santa Fe - Halsey
      5. I'm A Wanted Man - Royal Deluxe
      6. Half Light - Banners
      7. Sharks - Imagine Dragons
      8. Favorite Crime - Olivia Rodrigo
      9. Sick Boy - The Chainsmokers
      10. I'll Be Good - Jaymes Young

[TBA]
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher