cursebound. (Earinor & Akira)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• "It's not your fault, or anyones...", he answered the priest. He didn't need to feel bad for Genji, or for sending him away uncured. At least this specific priest tried his best to help Genji and for that alone he was grateful, even though it didn't seem like he was very good at showing it. He wasn't used to being around people anymore and he forgot his strategies to deal with the thing inside of him when he was. He also forgot how to act and speak around others, after all it's been a very long time... he believed. If he weren't so obsessed with only thinking about himself, maybe he'd also noticed that the young priest wasn't only here from the kindness of his heart, but because he wanted something of his own. He wanted to not be alone as it seemed. He looked at the boy or man, whichever perspective he preferred. "Is that so...?", he asked, unsure if that was true, or if he should believe in a supposed goddess in the first place. "Would she have struck me with lightning otherwise?" Now he was being sarcastic towards that poor boy. He just thought that if gods were real, they wouldn't let him run rampage on earth.

Genji leaned his head against the wall behind him and took a deep breath. "I don't mind being locked in.", he told the man. If they felt saver he was alright with it, but it also didn't really matter if it was day or night. This curse didn't grow stronger at night and Genji hadn't seen any guards around, ever. No one would be able to stop him, of that he was sure. He looked at the priest again, still holding his arm, but he shook his head. "...doesn't hurt." It was no pain that was ailing him, just the fact that the curse acted up, as if it was interested in the boy now and as if it wanted to reach out for him and most likely kill him. The priest still went for the door and Genji sighed almost in relief while he let himself slide down the wall. He didn't exactly show the best manners, he knew that. "I'm sorry for not being more talkative... or entertaining...", he mumbled. The priest better found someone else that he could befriend.
    • "It's your own. I know that." It was a burden he couldn't share with anyone, hell, he'd not even be able to share it with himself in any capacity whatsoever. Instead, they both were bound to both suffer on their own, for their very own, specific ailments. While his was less crass, maybe Genji was the one that had to suffer for both of them, so he could get blessed, and yet, that was stupid to think about. Mikuni shook his head, more to himself than the hurting man - he knew that their fates weren't intertwined, that his goddess had simply allowed him to act upon his own desires, though, she didn't deny Genji anything. There were embers of doubt in his voice, his tone clearly sarcastic, and the priest wound up being the one smiling yet again, almost laughing at the non-believer. "Lightning? She's not mortal, Genji. She was, but she's long dead. I know you don't really believe she exists, but I know she does, in fact, she's cursed me.", he laughed, almost amused by the mere thought of it. Yes, upon his birth he'd been cursed, and then, he'd passed on to live another life, away from the family he was supposed to have - and now, he lived a life of selflessness, to avoid his hatred for himself. What a pitiful creature he was.

His eye followed the sudden movement, one he couldn't quite pinpoint, and yet, he figured that the blonde was merely exhausted, still - that he should be on his way. He'd need to ask Seimei for keys, some he would probably not hand out, but he would try. "I'll ask someone for the keys, then." Or maybe someone else would do the honors of locking the guest rooms? Whatever the case, it didn't matter - locked in was locked in. There seemed to be too much input, all at once, for Genji to process. His voice sounded even more strained all of a sudden and Mikuni felt bad for quite literally torturing him by asking all those questions. "Good. That's good.", he mumbled, occupied with himself. Now, he was the one fumbling with the door, opening it just enough so he could slip out, when Genji became ... a shadow of himself, it seemed. Before long, he had slipped onto the floor and was just ... kind of cowering there. Mikuni felt even worse, but he knew he could hardly help. "You don't need to be either, trust me. The way you are is plenty fine, and I enjoyed our talk, even if it was just ... of theoretical nature. Please rest now, I'll be back tomorrow, alright?", he mumbled and, with another smile, close the door behind him, softly waving Genji goodbye before he was on his way.
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "At least it is no one elses...", he mumbled and that was the truth. What the priest said next left him puzzled. Cursed? Was that just a figure of speech or was Genji so self absorbed, that he couldn't believe anybody else could suffer too. Was this the reason why the man came here? To seek someone out that was cursed as well? Genji wasn't good at caring for others and he would have offered to listen, but today he was simply too tired and worn out. He still needed to get used to people again and talking and someone who was nice to him, it didn't matter if he forgot the food he mentioned, or the book. He brought bandages and that was enough for now. Goddess or not, he didn't want to ruin someones fate if it helped him navigate life. Genji however never had faith to begin with, his master didn't after all. He was a man believing in money and favors, nothing more, but maybe if Genji were to pray, someone would help? He tried that before, he believed, but maybe he didn't try enough.

Genji nodded at the stranger. They could lock him in, it was fine for him. He could pick the lock if need be, but he didn't want to. Maybe he'd feel more save once the door was locked too, at least no one could wander in here. The priest was leaving and Genji raised his head to look at him by the door. He nodded to tell him that yes, he'd try to rest. He was still exhausted from the travels. Soon after the door closed. Genji sat there for quite some while, just trying to calm his mind. Eventualy he looked at the bandages and decided that he'd put them on. The priests clothes were already ruined, but even if the bandages didn't contain the curse, he felt saver with them, if only for the firm pressure they put on his skin. He took off the robe to put the bandages on. The curse already grew didn't it? It was slowly making it's way down his ellbow. He didn't want to think about it and after he wrapped everything up, he put the robe back on. He opened the window for some fresh air too, before laying in bed and trying to sleep at least a little bit.
    • When he sauntered off for bedrest, he wasn't sure what he was supposed to expect - in truth, there were plenty of things that his mind was focusing on, and yet, failed to get the whole picture of. The curse seemed to not only impact Genji physically but maybe mentally, and while he should have written all of that down, Mikuni wanted nothing more than to sleep - to process all the information he'd gotten and give them another shot tomorrow, when his mind was in a much more coherent state of being. Before he arrived at his bedchambers, though, he got ahold of another priest, still wide awake, and told him about their guest - as if the news hadn't spread like wildfire already - and the fact that he needed a meal, some water, and a locked door. His fellow brethren were eager to provide the stranger with things that he seemingly asked for, and yet, what Mikuni didn't know, was, that nobody actually took care of it as he went back to his room; the request got lost somewhere inbetween the different people that wanted to take care of it, all of which were out for nothing more than a chance to gawk at the stranger, and none of them truly went, apparently at the very least. As Mikuni finally settled in bed, much later that was, he lay there, wide awake, as he was suspected to the ramblings of a mad woman - something he used as an opportunity to study the linen bag and his plant - the one that still had not changed in the slightest.

Morning came and went, and before long, he was out of bed, draped in the same clothing as yesterday evening, only to wash his face and listen to the relentless gossip that surrounded him. There were far too many priests, but even then, none of them got along in any capacity - some formed their own circles and one would better believe they stayed within them, unwilling to trust another human soul and then, there was people like him, revered by the Goddess Almighty, but beloved by none. Mikuni didn't think about it, he never had, he simply accepted whatever he thought to be his fault - not once had he wept at the thought of what could have been, and as he got back up on his feet, he was already parading around his own thoughts when he wandered to the library. "Have you heard? Father Seimei hasn't left his camber all night!", one of them gossiped. The way he worded it, it didn't sound like much, but to anyone in the know, it meant that that old geezer actually was doing something. Mikuni wondered, as he grabbed a book off of the shelf - literally any of them - if it had anything to do with that little souvenir that he'd brought from the orchards yesterday. "Also, have you heard? Mikuni-no-Homare was with him yesterday, maybe they-" "As if! Father Seimei can't stand that entitled brat either!" Again, they whispered, loud enough for him to hear, as they looked at him like young girls ... they weren't like children at all, they were like vultures picking at a rotting carcass. Soon enough, with the book in his arms, two plates of food and a pitcher of water - the latter of which he had procured from the kitchen - he went back to the lone tower. Ingenious as he was, he knocked with his foot. "Genji? I brought your stuff! Can you open the door? My hands are kind of ... full."
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • It felt like he just closed his eyes again, when Genji heard footsteps and a knock on his door. His nights were full of nightmares or maybe it were visions. He saw the faces of the people he killed, some he remembered, most he didn't. They stepped out of their graves and the full moon turned red. Genji was at the top of an army, or was it really him? He wasn't sure, but it felt like it was his body at least, yet he announced war against the living, something he didn't want to do. It wasn't the first dream of that kind and it wouldn't be the last, but he never got used to them. Instead he woke up, dripping with sweat, no matter how cold it actually was. This night was no different and once he calmed down his own heart again and closed his eyes, hoping he'd finally be able to sleep, the young priest appeared and it was already morning. He opened his eyes, at least as tired as the night before, but he forced himself on his feet quickly to walk over to the door.

Once he opened the unlocked door, he looked at the one eye in the priests face that wasn't covered. He saw him wearing two plates, some water and a book. "I uh... thank you. Let me take this.", he mumbled, carefully picking one of the plates and the water from Mikuni-no-Homares hands, very thughtful of not touching him while doing so. He was already too close for comfort. Once he had taken ahold of the items, he looked at the expactant eyes of the young man and Genji forrowed his brows. "You can come in... if you'd like, but I'm afraid I'm not the best of companies.", he offered out of politness and because the priest looked like a wet dog that seeked shelter. "Did something... happen?" He wasn't very good at picking up cues, but since he couldn't sleep, he had a lot of time to think about last evening and that the priest maybe didn't want to comfort the stranger, but instead wanted to be comforted by the worst possible person he could pick.
    • Drawing this out wasn't really what he should be doing. After all, he was being selfish and only asking for more of someone that already couldn't give him much. What was Genji thinking? He could turn him away, he didn't have to allow this, but he did, and Mikuni took it, his entire hand instead of just his pinky finger, and he continued to metaphorically hold onto it, for as long as he could. No, now was not the time, he was supposed to make his way back to the library whenever he'd eaten the soup and search for a book on curses, for an actual solution that would help their visitor with curing his ailment - but at the same time, he didn't want to. Somehow, it turned out to be a dilemma - he thought that, at the very least, he should appreciate all that he could have, but he didn't. Instead, he could merely grin and bear it. What a stupid excuse. "Thank you!", he beamed. Finally, he had some more space in his hands, and as soon as he was allowed inside, he waltzed right by Genji, to the table he had, and sat down the rest of the stuff that he had brought. His hands were now free, and he used them to dust off his clothing. What a mess those things were.

"It's alright, really. I just figured that, now that I'm already on my way here, we could eat breakfast together and after that, I'll leave for the library?" He'd avoid taking an extra detour that way, and he sincerely appreciated it if he could be away from the rest of his brothers for a while. They even badmouthed one of their fathers, someone that only wanted the best for them - they were a bunch of mannerless rascals. As he thought about it, though, he looked at Genji, at his eyes to be much more specific, and the hapless blue, that reminded him of the sky that wasn't visible in here, unless someone cracked open that stained glass window, that illuminated this room in the weirdest possible colors. "Happen? Ah, no. I just caught some ... kids in the library earlier, spouting some stupid gossip. Apparently Father Seimei has occupied himself all night with all scriptures he could find on your ailment, and consulted with the other Fathers - at least it sounded like that is what he did, but the youngins were ... well. You know how young men can be.", he chuckled. Hormonal idiots, even if they were considered holy men - and thus, they were horrible at holding a simple, normal conversation at times. Mikuni sighed. "I also ... uhm, about the things we talked about yesterday. You're not a religious man, are you?"
    • The priest waltzed into Genjis room so fast, he hadn't even finished his sentence yet. The blonde didn't dislike him, not at all, but he simply didn't know how to help that poor soul. He watched him helplessly as he put the rest of the things in his hands on the table. He settled down in Genjis room pretty fast and he stood there at a loss, with his own plate and the water still in hand. He shook his head, trying to snap himself out of it and stepped closer to the little table too, so he could set his things down as well. "Are you going to search for book about that curse...?", he asked, even though he was pretty sure he knew the answer. He simply wanted a way to strike a conversation with the man that so cleary wanted one wth him. It was already unbelievable that Genji picked up on that in the first place. Maybe he was better rested than the day before, even though he couldn't have slept for long. How about the person in front of him? "Did you... sleep well?", he asked awkwardly, but at least he tried.

The priest told him about the Father and Genji was taken aback a little. "He... did? Oh... I guess I did him wrong. I apologize." Genji was surprised and confused. They really tried to help him? Shouldn't he be more honest then, not just to this young priest? He slowly sat down, he needed to think about what was happening first. Could there be a chance? In fact he felt hopefuly since... well... since... long. Genji slowly looked up again when the priest started talking again, but he didn't dare look at him. "The man I grew up with wasn't...", he told him. "I tried praying to whoever listened... there never was an answer and I... I don't want to believe that a god would allow what I..." Genji swallowed deeply. "I am sorry. Maybe if I... believed... do you think your goddess can help me...?" Now he looked like a little child, that needed to believe in something, anything, but instead he averted his gaze again and he slowly rubbed his right shoulder.
    • "I uh ..." Now he was looking at the mess he had made. He should have just waited for a proper invitation that followed this one, though, not once did he even consider it. Wasn't it enough if Genji told him that he was welcome to enter? Apparently not. If Mikuni thought about it, there was nothing proper about this setup - Genji was their guest, not some sort of friend he could loiter around with, and yet, he glued himself to his side like a thirsty leech, wanting to take a sip of knowledge he didn't have or couldn't call his own. "Yes! And when I find it, you'll be the first I will show it to. I'm sure we'll have to look for some ingredients, if it's a herbal based remedy. But who knows, it might just be a spiritual one.", Mikuni explained. There were many ways to break a curse, depending on how deep its roots were and who planted it there in the first place - if only it were a normal demon possession, then they'd have a field day with Genji and he'd be healed in no time, even if he might be confined to the monastery for a few months, to abstain from his sins. "I'd say it was acceptable. What about you?", he asked, directing him back to the lone chair in this room so he could sit while he chowed on his food; Mikuni would stand. Now, he was stretching his sore muscles and giving his entire body a pat-down through his clothing, long before he wondered if it was alright to show off his own ailment. Genji had shown him his, but that didn't mean that he needed someone to show him that they both had their own problems, and that Mikuni understood him better than anyone else.

"The plant is fine, by the way. Even though the curse got into the water, my plant hasn't shown any since of infection; it's still the same as before I watered it.", he told him, maybe to lift his spirits. These news were good news, and for that, he deserved a pat on the back, maybe, if he were still a small child that yearned for physical affection. It was stupid. He was too old for that. "No need to. He'll have a breakthrough eventually, and once he does, you'll be free of your curse. He's quite adept at those things, but I can't help it. I want to best him." Mikuni dreamt of the day he could call himself one of the hierophants, not for the recognition or the feigned love of his fellow priests, but because it meant he'd put his powers, real or not, to good use and subsequently saved people like Genji, whom he eyed like a flightless bird in a wooden cage. Weird. Soon enough, he grabbed a piece of bread from his platter and a knife, before smearing some butter onto it. Then, he grabbed a piece of ham to throw it on as well, before taking a bite. "What you did?" Now he was gawking, and eating while he was doing it, too. What a stupid way to go about this conversation. "You needn't be sorry. Really, I asked out of curiousity." There it was. The doubt in a broken mans voice, wasn't it? "My goddess will help you even if you don't believe in her. Look, beliefs are one thing - we are raised one way or the other - and we are allowed to make up our own minds about things. If no one answers your prayers, they might just be selfish bastards. Would you ... like to ask her anything?"
    • Genji looked at the priest who was so ful of confidence, that even Genji started to believe that this curse could finally end. "Ingredients...? Would they be hard to get?", he asked as if he was looking for a catch, something that kept him from being free. He'd need to climb the highest mountain, kill a dragon, or dive in the deepest sea, something that was sheer impossible, but at least there would be hope. He'd take any kind of hope at this point, no matter how small and he already seemed to to latch onto this tiny thing, although he knew he shouldn't. He could already feel the curse taunting him with thoughts of selfdoubt, to make him surrender his body once more, because what was the point in fighting? He shouldn't think like that, all sorts of emotions ran through his face and he looked at Mikuni-no-Homare again as if he was bringing him salvation all by himself. "I... what? Oh... I... I don't tend to sleep well. A few hours though, I think.", he told him and tried to muster a smile, he didn't know if it worked.

"The plant? Oh... that... is good, right? What about your fingers?", he asked concerned. He never had anyone touch his skin... and survive. Not that he remembered at least. It hurt him, didn't it? Hopefully nothing more had happened. The skin was covered again, it should be fine having him in the same room now. "I'm glad he's... at least trying.", he said, trying to lower his own expactations a bit. Now he had to avert his gaze again though. He didn't want to talk about his deed anymore, he didn't want the priests to change their minds. "She will? She's a kind goddess then...", he mumbled apologetically. Then he looked at the priest confused. "Ask her...? You mean pray to her? I... I don't know how... And it feels like I would only do it, because I want something from her... Wouldn't she be mad?"
    • "I'm not an expert at brewing tinctures.", he confessed and rubbed the back of his head, eating his bread all the while and eventually finishing it, leaving no crumbs. Like this, he was satisfied, but even then, that was about it. Not once had he thought that he'd be giving some sort of explanation, or rather, this explanation to be exact. Mikuni started to think for a good minute. "We'd have to see what the remedy requires. Maybe it's a dragon scale, but even then, I think we might be able to find one if we look far enough or somehow manage to get on one of the islands. I heard some dragons are rather friendly." That they were, as long as one didn't bother them with unnecessary questions. At the same time, however, they also were rather hard to get ahold of, and with all things considered, he'd have to find a suitable candidate for the job, that would give a religious nut like him, and a suposed mass-murderer the chance of a lifetime. What if he went on his own? How demanding could some flying reptiles be? Maybe the goddess knew them better, maybe she could say for sure, but then again, she was silent on the matter. "So, well but only a little at a time? Alright. Maybe we should work on that, though, if you're rested, I suppose its fine." Again, Mikuni smiled. What else was he supposed to do?

"That is very good!" Then, he took a double take towards his hands and showed them to Genji. Nothing had changed color, it was just the natural tone of his darker skin, but definitely no curse - maybe they were a bit greasy from the butter and the ham, though, and maybe he should have waited with his meal. Like the idiot he was, he just used his clothing to wipe it off and he grinned all the while. Enough was enough, though. "My fingers are fine ... what about your clothes? The bandages? Did it seep through?", he wanted to know and then pointed at Genjis food, without saying a thing. Maybe it helped to get him eat? No, that sounded silly. It wouldn't, and he was old enough to feed himself if need be. "Me too. He can be rather harsh, but if I know anything, it's that Father Seimei only means well." A cackling noise left his throat - he was clearly amused as can be. Whatever else was he supposed to be? There were good things left in their lives and the world - even Genji was a possible, lovable candidate, if not for his past, then for his future. "You think so?" That she was, though, at times she was a bit of a people pleaser. "No, no. Uhm, it's ... you know how I said I kind of understand you yesterday? I was blessed by her as a child, and she kind of, uh, well. We're connected, lets say it like that. She can hear you if you try to speak to her through me."
    • "Of course. I'm sorry, I'm just... I've never been this close... yet I guess I'm not close at all as of now.", he told the priest with an apologetic sigh. He tried to ruin it for himself, his mind was racing. On the one hand he tried to latch on to every little shimmer of hope, no matter how small it was and on the other he tried to find excuses why it wouldn't work. A dragon scale for example, he wouldn't be able to get one. "We? I can't ask any of you to try and find ingredients for me.", he added. The priests did enough if they found a remedy, they didn't need to provide it. Genji would bring all they needed, but he already got way too excited again and the curse seemed to mistook this excitement for something else as it suddenly stretched out. Genji gulped deeply and shook his head. "I... I never sleep well. It's alright though, I'm more rested than yesterday." That he was at least, but he also didn't need his energy right now, so that was good.

The priest even broke more good news, about the plant that seemingly wasn't affected by tainted water. Genji didn't think it could spread to people, but maybe that it would kill animals or plantlife, but apparently it didn't. It just lingered as it seemed. He still wanted to be careful and he looked at the priests hands which showed no sign of any wound either. Genji tried to smile a bit before being asked about the clothing. His expression changed again and he grabbed the robe at his neck to turn the fabric inside out. There it was, black smoke like resedue. "I'm sorry... it got tainted before I put on the bandages...", he explained, letting go of the fabric again right after. He also noticed the nod towards his food, but Genji wasn't interested. He'd eat once the priest left. Would Father Semei really be able to help him? Maybe it was time to actually pray. He listened up when the priest talked about the godess again and raised an eyebrow. Who was he to dub someone crazy, because he thought he could speak with a god? His younger self wouldn't have believed it, but as things stood... "What does she say... usually...?", he asked instead of truly telling her something. He knew nothing about the goddess prayed to around these parts in the first place. "Do you want to tell me about her? I feel awkward asking favors without even knowing her name..."
    • "That will change soon. We'll be closer with every step we take and it'll be for the better.", he assured Genji. They'd both get somewhere with their endeavors, no matter how little they were, and then, they'd both be free to go wherever they wanted in life. Hell, Genji could start over and he could enjoy the bedazzling praises of all those who let him do his very own bidding; he'd be free of judgement of many, and he'd be beloved by more than a ghostly apparation of a woman that had long since died, but wormed her way into his head. What a fickle thing she was, even if she had left behind this mortal life of hers. "We, yes. I don't mind assisting you, but I guess I'd only slow you down. You have years of experience, I have almost thirty years of close to nothing but praying.", Mikuni admitted, defeated. What if he could have used that big brain of his to better use? What if the magic in his veins would have helped others? He'd never found out like this, and maybe it was too late anyway - he'd never be sure, and frankly, he didn't want to be anyway. There was a thin line between it all. "Do you have a fitful sleep? Have you tried some lavender tea before bed?" Hot milk wasn't always going to work, but ... Genji probably only drank water, if anything, before sleeping. There was no chance of rain, not a single one, not up here - and yet, it felt as if it had rained for days, as if he'd been soaked to his very bones with not water but blood; it wasn't his own. Was that the effect that the curse had on Genji? No, it sounded rather ... stupid. All in all, he was making a fool of himself by comparing their experiences, by claiming to be more than he was, and yet, he couldn't help but want to connect with him - somehow, to simply please one restless soul in this realm of mutiny.

"I said it's fine.", he spoke, focusing on the way the weird residue formed its way upwards. Could it function as a sort of dye? Would it completely wash out? Many questions, little to no answers. Profiting off of someones ailment also wouldn't be right - they'd wash it out, or use other means to dye the fabric so the marks the curse left would disappear. "If you need a change of bandages or clothes, you'll let me know, alright?" There was no incentive for him to do so - though, Mikuni would appreciate it. With little to no second guessing, he started making Genjis bed, and before long, sat down on its edge. Then, he tiled his head. "The goddess? She guides me, at least a little bit. Usually she just likes to talk about how bored she is, or how loathsome godhood can be. Seldom, she yells." All of this was said with a chuckle, but she was shrieking at the back of his head, for being honest, and for telling a total stranger about her whereabouts, which seemed to be the back of his head. "Ah, right. We call her █████, officially. I know her true name, but I'm forbidden from saying it, lest I'd lose my voice.", Mikuni admitted. Sometimes, being blessed was more of a curse than anything. "She used to be mortal, like us, and was supposedly scattered to the winds. All of her. She died eons ago, and some say she was a hero that freed all of Houkun. The dragons blessed her, and so did the dragons. Eventually, she cast aside her shell and ascended. It's more of a myth, though. The Lunar Temple was errected in her honor, and every so often, she looks for someone to bless. █████ needs no shell, but she needs a connection to the mortal world. Normally, you'd refer to her as the Goddess of Knowledge, of Healing. All those things. To use, she isn't the all-mother of all life, but an inspiration, of sorts. Technically, we also call her the Revelation, for she was human, but no longer is. Finding out her secrets are keys to godhood. And she's yelling at me.", he laughed. She was, loud enough for him to hear it echo through his brain.
    • "Mhm... I should be careful of having my hopes up, but usually I just get turned down. I... well I hope you get somewhere rather... soon. Else I'll better leave and try to come back when it's saver around me.", he told him. he didn't want anyone to be scared, but judging by how fast the curse grew this time around, he only gave himself like two more weeks, before it got a little bit too dangerous for everybody around here. Something about his interactions here made the thing inside him all giddy and demanding, maybe because it hadn't seen humans for a while. Absentmindedly Genji scratched the crook of his arm where the newly tissue formed. "I've not much experience, other than... well..." Killing. He knew how to kill, that was all. He never did anything else in his life after all. Maybe he was able to survive too, but barely so and he certainly wasn't an expert in it. "Tee before bed? No... I'm not sure if it would help. Vivid nightmares are what keeps me up... or visions from the future. I can't say for sure." He knew what they were, but rationality demanded that it couldn't be true.

Genji nodded when he was told he should just tell the priest if he needed anything and then he watched him helplessly, as he made his bed. Only for him to sit? Maybe, but... "You should be careful around the sheets... I try to be careful, but..." maybe some of the tainted smoke like residue spilled over, maybe something rubbed off. Even if it didn't jump to anothers body, it still hurt the priest yesterday, when he touched it directly. That he was linked to the goddess he prayed for was something Genji didn't expect and he didn't know how to react. He missed a lot during his years alive as it seemed, or maybe he was never interested in gods and goddesses, but he never heard of her regardless. "Yelling...? You hear her voice then?", he asked. For him it was different. There was no voice, no whispers, whatever the curse was it was much more primal, just conveying its feelings and desires. For a goddess however she seemed less powerful than the name suggested. She didn't form the world as it seemed and she didn't just stretch out her hand to heal someone like Genji. "How do you know it's her talking...?"
    • "Will you be alright out there, on your own? I can direct you to a hut in the orchard, unless you want to go further, then I can give you a map with old properties owned by the temple. That way we can stay in touch and you're far enough to not hurt any of us?", he merely suggested. All they had was something they could give; it wasn't much, he'd have to admit that, but it was enough to at least satisfy the need for housing, the need for living quartes, nothing more. That much all of them could give, and they would, as they definitely should do, though, they were amking mistake after mistake if they kept pushing on in the way they were. Maybe ... Mikuni should cut back on the selflessness, especially when he didn't know if he was allowed to give a stranger the right to sleep on expedited church property. What if somebody else used it? Now it was too late. "I know. But you've seen the world, right? What's it like out there? You said you were older than me, too ... how old? You look like a youngin.", he complimented Genji, though it wound up sounding somewhat backhanded if he thought too much about it. What else was he going to do now? He'd already wronged him, and he'd not make it better by simply correcting himself. "I'll brew you a can tonight, if you want. If it doesn't help, we've at least tried." Had he really never made an attempt? Genji at least aught to give it a try.

He waved his hands. "It's fine. Do you want to sit here? We could ... try to see how close you can get without the urge deepening?", he wondered and scooted over a bit, before patting the spot next to him on the edge of the bed. They didn't have to stare at each other all day long; they could both use company and at least one of them knew that, though, the other was still acting like he was a though nut to crack - Mikuni had already seen through him, and so did that goddess of his, that resented him with every fiber of her being, probably for the next five minutes. "Her voice, yes. It's mainly just her, occupying parts of my thoughts. Kind of like ... it's going to sound like I have delusions, but she's just always there. Sometimes she's silent, other times she's anything but. At first I thought I was insane, but she's pretty real, considering the things she did for me and the fact that through her alone, I'm adept and capable of using magic.", he sighed, but still thought that, if somebody would understand him, it would be this absolute madman of a guy. Neither of them was different from the other. "I've known her incessant voice for years now. At first, she briefly appeared in my dreams, but it gradually became more, until she gifted me something for the first time when I was ten. And after that, it just became more and more frequent. It's hard to put into words but, uh, while I've never seen her outside of my dreams - only heard her - the thing she gifted me isn't something a mortal would be capable of giving." Not really; at least not this way.
    • "I'll be fine... I've been for years.", he told the priest. There was no need for concern, he'd find food, when he had time he was able to build some traps and harvest them the next day, this was the only way he could hunt anyway. "I know I didn't look like it yesterday, I was just trying to get here as fast as possible, before it happens again." Yesterday he'd been hungry, thirsty and hadn't slept in days, but if he had a goal he was sure he could do better, especially when he was far away from other people. Right now he should still be hungry, but looking at the food it didn't look very appealing. He didn't want to eat in front of others either, for no reason at all, it just felt awkward, since he wasn't used to company anymore. "Yeah... I've seen... some of it. It changed rapidly and fast. I've seen less demons lately. It seems the prime of magic and demons... my time is over. I don't know how old I am. There've been times it took over, maybe for hours, or days, or years or even decades. This body doesnt age, not since I was cursed and I must've been... about 21 or 22 years old." While he talked Genji just looked at the table, at nothing really, but the color of the wood. His fingers rubbed over one hole he found in it. "Back then... magic was an epidemic. Everybody used it, for the most mundane things. Getting more beautiful hair, finding a husband, whatever one could want... There were many demons, many lost souls, at first I looked like one of many, but times have changed, havent day...? Still, I never found anyone being haunted by the same curse I am or knowing about it..." He sighed a little before looking up and nodding. Tea before bed, huh?

Genji shook his head again soon enough while he looked at the bed sitting on his bed. "No need... I can feel it now...", he told him. It was excited to not be alone. It beckoned Genji to stand up and put his hands around the priests neck, but Genji had everything under control for now. He was used to the fact that his thoughts circled and that he thought and felt two opposite things at once. "So what is she doing here? What does she want?", he asked the young priest who so excitedly talked about his goddess and about the fact that she was yelling at him. Living in anothers mind couldn't be fulfilling, but maybe she also sat up there in the clouds to watch her followers. The curse was different, it didn't have thoughts, only instincts, like an animal.
    • Was he truly giddy just because he could tell a fellow man that a woman lived in the back of his head and that she, among other things, was responsible for any and all pain he'd ever suffered through in all his life? It almost seemed that way, and yet, he was clinging to that splinter of hope that kept him on his feet - irresponsible as he was, he knew that no matter what, he could just run his mouth and be allowed to spit idiotic statement after statement if he wanted to. "You sure?", Mikuni prodded again, his smile gentle and relaxed. If that was the case, he had no reason to offer it to Genji again; he'd know what was best for him, and Mikuni was the one that was supposed to accept that, even if he hardly wanted to. Though, what else was it that he could or should do? "Years?" Now he sounded dumbfounded, though, Mikuni was the one that couldn't contain a grin. That was almost cute to hear, even for the saddest of reasons. "Hm, I guess that makes you my junior for eternity?", he joked and grinned about it. Twenty-something wasn't a bad age, he was on the higher spectrum of that as well, but alas, he might be overdoing it by now. "I kid.", he tacked onto the previous statement, and yet, he still smiled all the same.

Was there a way to appease a demon? To feed magic through some canal? He had little to no magic in his own veins, and yet, he knew what it meant to wield power so tremendous, it could burn ones fingertips clean off - it was borrowed magic, from a being much greater than him; his very own goddess. "So, you're telling me, back then, as things go, magic wasn't just confined to the families of the Shoguns? Of all things?" That sounded weird. Sure, there were stray magic users all across the land, and yet, most of them were either forced into the trade by heritage, or they acquired it through a gift of blood - or a goddess. In Mikunis case, there had been none in his veins at the start, but now, it was pouring out of him like water of a fountain, relentless and foreboding. "But you've been out of it for some odd years in between, no? Who knows if time just doesn't want to reveal itself to you. Though, the way you talk about magic, it almost seems like it was purposely stolen from the common folk." For a moment, he sat there and swallowed, then, he looked back up at Genji. "No one wants to be among the stars anymore, or to marry fate, or summon gods. Just money, mostly.", he admitted, as if it was his right to do so. Still, Mikuni stayed put. "That's her words, not mine." Then, he looked to the ceiling, almost as if he could understand her better like that. "Oddly enough, she wants to see you ... kind of. It's hard to show her anything with this thing." Mikuni pointed at his eyepatch, yet, had no qualms about taking it off. Instead, he yawned. The priest stretched his body once more - he'd eaten, he should be on his way. "She knows who you are."
    • "Mhm. I've survived plenty of years... Even if this body doesn't age, it can die.", he revealed to the priest. He could starve, or break his neck, or be killed by a sword, but he couldn't let that happen. In actuality he wasn't sure if this body could die, if his human body did, it was lost to him forever, but not necessarily dead. At least that was what the dreams were telling him. It was different than surrendering to the curse, it would be irreversible. "I guess it's part of the punishment. I killed without betting an eye and now I can't stop for all eternity. I can die, but I mustn't. Visions foretelling of the worlds end. Maybe this curse just tricks me, but I cannot risk it, for if I'm right, the world will be flooded by the dead. They'd swallow the lands, the seas the skies, one addition to their army for every man I kill. If I had stopped right away my death would have been meaningless to the curse, but after all this time, humanity might be outnumbered. Whatever the case, as long as this curse exists people will die."

Genji cleared his throat, lowered his head and the blonde strands fell into his face. "I'm sorry.", he said, because he said too much. He was tired, he didn't want to continue this life, but he had no choice. "No. People sought help to gain magic powers. They used amulets and tinctures to gain the ability. Those things were sold by magicians, traveling merchants that visited every village." Genji sighed and rested his head on his hand as if it was hard to think about his past. It was, some things continued to escape him, but he tried his best. "Stolen... no. Demons roamed the lands because people weren't responsible with magic. Almost everyone was touched by the corruption and many people died when people turned. Now all that's left are people like me and the only reason is that I cannot die.", he explained to the priest. From what he could see, the lands were safer now, with regulations, even though war was brooding. Genji put his hand back down on the table and looked up at Mikuni-no-Homare. "See me?", he asked surprised, then looked at the eyepatch that covered the priests eye. "Ho I am...? And who is that?"
    • “Die? How? Natural causes or more like, if someone were to kill you?”, he asked. Mikuni knew that no matter what, he’d not need to pry those things out of Genji. If he wanted to talk, he was more than welcome to and if he didn’t want to, he’d not be judged for it. Right now, it was of great importance that he talked, however, and any and all information he could procure, was potentially of help. The explanation itself was a hefty one, one that Mikuni could not fathom if he wanted to - it sounded as if Genji had amassed something behind closed flood gates, all because of his senseless killings, and now he was bearing the weight of keeping those doors closed, for centuries to come, fighting both himself and a curse that had taken root in his body. He felt sorry for him, very much so, and hoped he’d find freedom somewhere, somehow, even if the priests were of no help at all. What was he to do? “Then we’ll eradicate the curse somehow, and you’ll get to live the rest of your life in freedom. As long as you never kill again, that should be fine, right? I’m sure we have a place for you in these halls, or, if you’d like to go anywhere else, we could at least provide you with a bit of clothing and coin.” Whatever they had, right? That worked too.

“You needn’t be, really.” There really was no reason for them to apologize to one another. The two of them were outcasts in their own way, not righteous believers that had to meddle with one another for the favor of a woman that had long since left behind the earthen life - she wouldn’t judge. The Revelation never judged, for she was held to her own standards; and thus, she was mortal in a way. “But isn’t acquired magic dangerous? Your veins are not fit for the influx of foreign power and your body is no holy temple, it’s going to kill you before you know it. Like it was ancient and crumbling from the start.” That would only lead to problems, and his goddess agreed with him, though, she seemingly knew that everything was different before her passing and ascension; she was no know-it-all, she was a dead human that was revered for her bravery by many, so much so that she was elected as one of few. Mikuni sighed - it all made much more sense in Genjis words, though, he had his doubts and he therefore tried his utmost to patch those two ideas together, into one thing, to realize himself as someone that should be, not should never be. “Demons disappeared with the wanning of magic. It makes sense, as silly as it sounds.” Wasn’t it more than silly, though? For a bit, he sat there, petrified. What was he to think about that? Now, he was in a bit of a bind. “That, she won’t tell me.”, he laughed. Then, he grabbed ahold of the back of his eyepatch and its string that kept it in place - he didn’t dare pull it yet. “Do you want her to see you? Can you keep a secret like that?”
    • "I can be killed. Like any other man. I can starve too.", he told the priest. "But I can't let that happen." Not that he savored his life, but he already told the priests the reason he couldn't simply give up living. If the curse could be eradicated he could stop, but did he truly want to live beyond that? There was nothing left for him and if anything, the curse was the only reason he lived way past his natural lifetime. Chances were high, that removing the curse would kill him and that would be deserved. He probably killed more people that any man could in a normal lifespan. It was enough and even though death was not a suitable punishment, he felt like it was only fair if he joined all those ghosts haunting him. "You don't need to provide anything.", he told the priest. He was too helpful and naive. At least his goddess should tell him, that life didn't work that way. They couldn't just gift everything they had to a stranger who was cursed by his own fault. Pity was wasted on him.

"Magic is not meant for the human body. No ones. Even if your goddess lived through it.", he told the priest who seemed to think differently. Blessed or not, the corruption shouldn't be taken lightly. Genjis time had been a dark place from what little he remembered and even beings that always were adapt to magic turned into demons and monsters. No one was save from its burden, at least that was Genjis opinion, but also not really anything he needed to concern himself with. It wasn't his duty to save anyone, his only duty was to stay alive, so the world would continue existing. If humans destroyed their own habitat and their own bodies, at least that would mean Genjis life would stop having meaning and then he could just... Genjis looked up, at the young man that fumbled with his eyepatch. "Secret? What kind? You already told me about her.", he reminded the boy. Besides, he rarely talked to anyone, this here was an exception.
    • "Then you should eat already.", he chastised the youngin. Not, that Genji was his junior, no - he was his senior, and by a long shot at that. Did Mikuni feel the need to pamper him? Seemingly, as he was acting like this idiot was making him lose it all. Not once had he thought about the possibility of being mean to him, or not caring for him; not once had he wished harm upon the stranger, which his goddess simply cooed at. Maybe her feelings influenced his own? He didn't know. All he knew was, that no matter what, he'd not do himself a favor if he kept letting her influence him - she'd only corrupt him in some way, and then, maybe then, he'd ascend to godhood in the worst possible way himself. Was that what he wanted? No, he didn't need to be a martyr for anyone; not even plagued souls. That was too much. "It's a suggestion, my own, in fact. Your life should be comfortable, and I'm sure you don't have any coin on you. Besides, you look somewhat ... emaciated. Take our generousity while you can, even if you feel like you don't deserve it. But I doubt I need to tell you that." All in all, maybe he was viewing all of this from a rather childish lense - but still, he couldn't tell. In turn, though, he listened.

"That I know. It's for the Shoguns, for the dragons, for the demons - for all that fails to be human at some point in their life. Not for a blessed child, not for a cursed assassin - not for the commonfolk.", Mikuni chuckled, but his fickle gaze found its way to a man that, all things considered, looked like he was suffering greatly. Was it the call of his curse that bewildered him so much? Whatever the case, it didn't matter. Not a lot anyway. He got back up on his feet and stretched, to get the tiredness out of his stiff bones - today wasn't his day, that much was for sure. Right now, his heart thumbed in his chest and a knot formed in his throat - it hurt, all of it did, but alas, he was making a fool of himself and even worse than that, it wasn't helping at all - it was a whole mess and a half. "More about her, more about what she does to people like me. Not, that Father Seimei doesn't know - he finds it rather unsightly, actually. But nobody else should be in the know." With soft steps, he cornered Genji, and just like that, undid his eyepatch. Sometimes, it almost hurt, the difference of light and vision, the fact that his eye wasn't his own and realization that, aside from all the unsightliness, he was still very inexperienced. Instead of blue, the iris had taken a yellow-golden hue, but the sclera was partially pitch black - its tendrils were thin, invisible at this point, even. Mikuni grabbed Genjis hand, brushed his own hair aside and showed him his little secret. "I was born without a right eye, but this one fits right in. The Revelation asks ... hm. Why did you cut your hair off?", he mused, sounding somewhat confused over his own words as he pressed that hand to his newly revealed eye. "Genji, you're an idiot." The words didn't pour out of Mikunis mouth however, yet, they both were able to hear them, at the back of their heads.