cursebound. (Earinor & Akira)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Genji followed the priest down the stairway. The candles color changed again and he wondered, if he did everything right in there. Maybe it was time for him to trust and be completely honest, but he was ashamed. Ashamed of what he did and scared others would judge him just as much and drive him away from here, without helping him. If that was going to happen, maybe full honesty was in order and he'd tell them there would be more people dying if not for the priests help. Sluggishly Genji turned his head towards the young one, then shook it with a short sigh. "He is right to react like that, to a murderer like I am one. I am not here to be forgiven, I am here to seek help, so others are saved from what this curse wants me to do.", he told the priest truthfully, following him into a small room, right next to the stairs. The room was dark, Genji almost felt more at home here, and the air was cool. There was a fountain in the middle and Genji was amazed by how the priests managed to make water float up a hill and in this room. Magic, maybe? "You don't need to apologize."

Genji looked at the flowing water at his feet, but he followed to priest soon after, just as he asked him to. He opened a window, let in some light and warm air. Inside the mountain the air was cool and wet, outside the air was dry. Genji didn't mind either, though he had to admit he preferred it in here more than out there, where the sun shone down upon them mercilessly. Only when he was allowed to approach the fountain, to drink the water flowing from it, he did. Was he always the obedient kind? Kind of yes, but also no. For now he didn't want to cause trouble to anyone, so he abided by the rules the priests set in their midst. Genji didn't take off his gloves, they could use a wash anyway and thus he let them down into the water, to wash the juice from them. Only then he cupped his hands to procure some water he could drink. Genji drank more than one gulp, after all he hadn't had water in days. Still he wasn't quick or rash about it, he took his time and his movements were similar to those of a cat, only that he didn't mind water. After he was done drinking, he washed his face a bit. Sweat and sand had accumulated on it and now he washed it off, in hopes he looked a bit more presentable and not like what he actually was - a murderer, maybe even a monster. Only then did he look up at the fruit offered to him. He wasn't sure if the priest didn't want it for himself, but decided he wouldn't have offered it in that case. He carefully took it from his hand and ate it probably much more gracefully than before. "I don't have preferences."
    • Not a single one, then. Every soul that wound up here, so far away from home, was another soul lost to the teachings of a few poor idiots that, for the lack of a better understanding, had banded together to offend the youngest among them and hurt them more than they ever should - Mikuni was one of them, even if they named him after camellias after they'd heard of the joyous news. Suddenly he had gained a life, was someone that had ascended beyond the idiocy of reality, as his soul became one with that of a goddess that he was supposed to care for; in reality, he was nothing more than a hideout, her speaker and closest aide, but even then, he didn't care much for her, and she didn't care much for him, all the while they grew weary of one another as time went on and they learned to coexist. "But you are seeking to redeem yourself, to atone for your sins, right? That, in itself, means that you should be forgiven, at least by yourself.", he told Genji, his voice as warm and soft as could be. For once, he leaned his back against the cool rock of their oddly shaped monastery and rested like that, just for a while - he closed his eyes and listened to the dampness of the rocks, to the little droplets of water that had tried to escape this manmade grotto and now were falling back to the ground again.

Merely resting his eyes wasn't enough - he wanted his basket back, and he desired the approval of someone to be selfish for a day - something that someone like Genji wouldn't give him, that was for sure. Like this, he seemed like a puppet, dangling from a few strings that still clung onto an unsuspecting puppeteers hand. What had happened to him? Whatever the case, Mikuni wouldn't find out if he kept to himself, isolated by his thoughts and the ungodly amount of ideas that haunted him, with every single word that hit his ears. He was overthinking. "Because you prefer not to have any or because someone taught you it was convenient?" For himself, it was the latter - if everyone demanded something different during dinner time, those that manned the kitchen would never be able to fulfill everyones wishes; thus, there was a meal rotation, to take some extra pressure off of their fellow priests shoulders. Genji, on the other hand, seemed as if he had no idea of anything, as if he had lived quite the rudementary life, without much joy in it. "That changes now, it's time to be a bit selfish. What do you think?" Mikuni also approached the fountain again and, without as much of a word, splashed parts of his face. They both had had something to drink, and Genji was eating yet another fruit - he could be desiring more, still. "Alright. Bath, breakfast or bed?", Mikuni asked again, this time with a smile. "Come to think of it ... hm, I can give you some of my clothing to change into."
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "How can someone who took another persons life be forgiven?", he asked the priest. Not one, hundreds... maybe me more. He wouldn't know. His time as an assassin was more clear, yet the aces eluded him, but the past couple years he'd been in a haze. He fought a while and there had been a prize. When he got too tired to fight... what happened? He wasn't sure. He didn't know how long ago he lost his way. Now he was back, trying to fight once more, because someone gave him hope, someone muttered something about the priests on this mountain. Someone he passed most likely, or... Genji shook his head. His mind was more or less clear right now, but it hadn't been before. He shut down, let the monster win for a while, because he'd been tired. He still was tired, not only from the journey here. The cold water in his face helped a little at least, but it was time to get up again and he shouldn't let this priest wait. he probably had better things to do than to babysit a stranger.

"Food has lost its taste for me, therefor it doesn't matter what I eat.", he answered the nosy priest. He didn't dislike him, he just treated him different than expected. It's been a while since Genji talked to anyone about anything. Sometimes he managed to find a merchant willing to trade something, but even then he said what was absolutely necessary. He didn't try to find friends, he didn't want friends, they'd only be in danger. "I've been selfish plenty times in my life. Now is not the time.", he declined shaking his head a little. Everytime he gave in he was selfish and even before that, before the curse, he had been and this was his punishment. "When you showed me the place I can stay at, you don't have to accommodate for me anymore and go about your day.", he told him. He ate enough for now and he didn't need a bath, except his appearance offended anyone. "No need. If you can provide me with some water in my room, I will wash my clothes there myself." He paused for a moment, before actually engaging in the conversation by his own volition. "Have you ever come across a curse such as mine?"
    • “Forgiven might be the wrong word. Excused fits better, though, it’s not going to change the past. It just means you’re trying to better yourself and live a honest life, or not?”, he asked. This Genji guy was weird, though, not in the worst of ways - it almost seemed like he’d crawled straight out of some olden scriptures and was now trying his utmost to not only remain undetected, but also to somehow fit in. What a weird way of going about ones fate that was - and what an obvious trap it could be. Mikuni knew better as to doubt this mans intentions, as he didn’t want to argue with him in the first place, and yet, he wasn’t really doing himself a favor at all if he kept acting like that. Even then, he was full of surprises, and Kuni couldn’t help but raise his eyebrows at Genji. “Lost its taste? Quite literally or just figuratively?” Now he was curious. What if that was part of the curse? Maybe Seimei should know, and yet, he didn’t deserve it in the slightest. That old geezer could die in his tower for all that he was concerned, and yet, Genji was either too stubborn or oblivious to take note of the fact that he had been about to be this guys dinner for the next few says.

“Even then, you should still have a balanced diet and not leave everything up to chance. After this, they’ll probably ask you to perform some physical tasks for you - you can use the energy, I’m sure.”, Mikuni mused. What of the tree that he has leaned against? Maybe he’d have to cut it down himself, or maybe he’d simply have to help around the pastures or fields; they’d put him to work, as they didn’t accept coin. First and foremost, he closed the window again, to avoid contaminating their water supplier more than he already had, and up next, they’d go look for Genjis abode. For a moment, he smiled, content with what was happening. “Selfishness could be the way to deal with your curse, who knows? Things can change, and I’m sure a curse doesn’t sleep just because it can be dormant.” It never was. Why would it even be? There soon was whirring in his ears; he hated to admit it, but he was rather exhausted by having to lug around a man his age. “How old are you?”, he curiously asked. This stranger wouldn’t ever share his own dirty secrets with someone like him, but hopefully it would all work out - even if the other priests were bound to question him as well, out or mere curiosity. Even then, this guy continued to be weird as all hell. “Wash i- no need to. Please just put it in the bin you’ll find in your room . Someone will come get it.”, Mikuni assured the blonde, mere seconds before gesturing to the door and making his way there. “I can’t tell, but I doubt it there’s no scriptures on it. Any guesses as to what you think whkd work?
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "Neither fits. If only the curse was lifted, I'd atone with death, but not before that.", he explained calmly and as if death was a savior and not something he needed to be scared of. Right now he was scared of dying, because he knew in his heart what it would mean for the world, but should he be freed of what befell him, he'd feel content if he just stopped existing. The priest seemed curious, like a child almost, though he didn't look like one. He looked at Genji like he was a bird he'd never seen before... an ugly, dying one that was. "I... don't know how to tell the difference...", he answered the boy. Did he lose the ability to taste anything, or did everything taste stale, because he felt ill? How would one know which was the case? Food became a necessity to Genji, nothing more, but maybe it was the curse trying to kill him, starve him to death. Genji ate when he could though, the past days hadn't been an accident and also not planned, he simply had lacked the ability to provide for himself.

"After this?", he questioned the priests words. After he settled in? After the curse was lifted? He'd pay with work if that was the price. He'd eat too, he simply didn't care what it was. If he got the scraps and leftovers from the kitchen he'd be fine with it too. As long as it was eatable, it didn't make a difference to a monster like him. "Selfishness has brought this curse upon me... are you testing my resolve?", he wanted to know, his voice simply curious, not angry at all. Maybe this was part of getting rid of the curse, or of assessing if they truly wanted to help someone like him. The youngling continued to ask questions, difficult ones. His age? "Hmmm...", was all he answered. It was hard to tell, very much so. He didn't know how old he was. He'd been 25 when he noticed the curse... or something around that age. Odd how clear this one detail was, but his body at least showed how young he'd been when the curse was uttered. "I'd prefer to wash them myself.", he then told the priest, following him out of the room towards his own hopefully. There was no luggage he could bring there, but he'd feel better if he was alone, probably. "Me? No... this is not my field of expertise. I know a bit of magic, that is all, but... I assume you priests condemn that as well. I've not used much... if that's important."
    • “What happens if you were to die before then?”, he curiously asked. Not once had the thought crossed his mind in the last hour; the stranger had raised more questions than he had answered, but even then, he was merely making a fool of Mikuni, who felt bad for not asking him in the first place. Was he taught to act like an imbecile? “Hm, can you still taste something, like, it’s hard to explain, but did those apricots taste like anything at all? Or was it all just … wet and sort of disgusting? Did anything change?” The fruit not only bore a sweet scent, it had the same taste, almost - it therefore was easy to determine whatever or not Genji had a problem with his tastebuds, or if he simply didn’t care for its taste. Still, why did Mikuni even care? Right now, he was harking over the way that this odd man had somehow managed to convince somebody like Seimei to help him; he wanted to watch out for him, though, he wasn’t sure if a known murderer wasn’t more capable of helping himself, even in an unknown environment. “Or is it more of, I don’t know, maybe a mental blockage? Could that be?”, he curiously inquired.

Mikuni was already strutting through the water, towards the heavy door, when he felt the need to take another glance at what they’d left behind. There was nothing, even though it felt like something in this room had shifted and was therefor glaring at him with the intensity of a thousand suns. “After you’re healed.” Surely, nobody would want a cursed man to help them cut down trees or carry a weapon with him. Who knew, maybe he’d be sent to the orchard, or used for something else. As he pressed his body against the door, to open it up, he motioned for Genji to follow him - they left behind what one would call part of the monastery’s cistern, only to slip past another door, a bit further down the hall. “No. I’m curious to what selfishness would lead if I were able to live a life filled with it. I’ve never done so before.”, Mikuni answered with a slight smile. If the Goddess allowed it, he’d run away and look for a better place - one where people appreciated him as much as he wanted to be; where love wasn’t something that he had to buy with rotten apples. Soon, he raised his eyebrow. “You don’t know?” It didn’t seem like he did, and while Mikuni couldn’t be mad at him for that, he also wondered if there was anything else that he should ask about that this weird guy had forgotten when he’d decided to come here. Then, he scratched the back of his head. “I’m 28. You look younger than that.” Nothing but that blurb it was, while he guided the blonde to the monastery’s bathing room. It, too, was made of stone and while one would be able to enjoy another with many, this one was rather small, void of windows; Mikuni lit one of many candles that sat on little gaps in the wall. “Magic? As long as your use of it is righteous or of a greater benefit, we see no need to condemn it. Why would we? If you’re blessed with magic, you’re blessed by the Goddess, as Father Seimei would say.”, he chastised the newcomer. Soon enough he stepped forward and fumbled with the pipes - they were old, probably leaking somewhere in the endless stone, but they did their deed when some warm water sloshed into the wooden tub. Mikuni grabbed a glass from the single shelf that was in there, and soon enough, unscrewed it, and scattered some of its contents in the tub. “I’ll go get you some clothes to change into. I hope you don’t mind the scent of jasmine?”
    • Genji looked at the young priest as if he should know what would happen were he to die. After all he was the expert, not Genji himself. "The curse would get a hold of my body, I am pretty sure of that.", he answered with utmost certainty and a foreboding sound to his voice. He didn't want to put it to a test. There was more, but this priest would dub him crazy, wouldn't he? Genji didn't trust him enough to say more than that, instead he simply followed him outside of the fountain room. "How would one know where ones senses are halted from being received? I don't know whether my tongue can sense the sweetness of your fruits, or if I lost the ability to tell one from the other. In the end, what I feel is nothing more but wet mud in my mouth." It could be mental, it could be the curse, or it could be the fact that his body did change after all. How would he know? Maybe it was important to find the curse that befell him, but other than that it didn't even matter.

After he was healed he should help around here? He had no problem with that. Maybe he'd be finally able to lay down his weapons and instead he'd carry water or fruit up the hill, until his body stopped working naturally. "Then I have plenty time to eat until then, yet I will try my best and help before that.", he offered, but the young priest said he needed to rest and prepare his soul, or something like that. Genji wasn't sure how, but not being around people would probably help him relax a bit. "I don't know anything about your faith, but isn't selflessness what you strive for here? I've been selfish for years, before the curse and after and it led me here. I am tired and filled with guilt. It wasn't worth it." This man shouldn't try to be like that. Genji paid the price. Of course many didn't, but some did and when thinking back, nobody felt good about themselves for doing things only for themselves and no one else. "I don't remember." His age that was and he looked at his gloved hand for a moment, then to the priest again. "I believe this body is about 21 or 22 years old...", he muttered. Had he aged a bit? He wouldn't even know if he would have grown more if not for this fate. He looked up when they arrived something that didn't look like his room, but a place that was dedicated to taking baths. Genji was able to see most of the details before the priest lit a small candle in the room. "But magic corrupts its wielder, or are you able to heal even that?", he asked, slowly entering the small room. There were some kinds of contraptions. Wooden handles, holes above a little wooden tub and strings that connected to something. The priest fumbled with it and water started pouring down, just enough to fill the tub, before the flood stopped on its own again. There was steam filling the room and the temperature in the little room rose as well. "It's warm...?", he uttered rather confused and maybe a little bit amazed. Was there a fire burning somewhere? Was the sun enough to heat the water up? But then how did it get up the mountain? The priest opened a bottle that stood in this room before and put its content in the tub as well. A scent of flowers felt the room, a scent lost on someone like Genji. "I rather have my own clothes.", he mumbled though, before the priest could run off. They covered all they needed to.
    • Of his dead body. What was Mikuni to do with said information? Tell Seimei, seek him out and request this dangerous thing should be dealt with posthaste? No, it was ridiculous to think about. For now, he was content with shutting the door to the bathroom behind him as he leaned against it - something was up with Genji, probably brought about by his curse, and while Mikuni would try his best to help him sift through it, there was no way he’d ever set a foot into another one of Seimeis rooms by himself. The voice in his head rung uncomfortably as he pictured what it must feel like to be somebody that had little to no experience when it came to living a normal, selfless life - he’d rather not trade a blessing for a curse, and yet, in hindsight, they were both rather similar and not at all of any use in either capacity. Was Genji profiting from his enchantment? No. Mikuni wasn’t either. They were even, one way or the other. As he finally forced himself away from the door, he left the building and recalled what Genji had said - he preferred his own, and though he wanted him to feel comfortable, he gained next to nothing from having him run around in dirty clothes. One detour to his room was all he needed, to slip into his other clothes - in robes more fit for a priest - and then he grabbed another set of them.

They were long and flowy, ugly in most cases, and while they would obscure all that Genji wanted to hide, Mikuni felt like a formless ghost with little to no personal notes on his body. If he wanted to, he wouldn’t need the eyepatch, and yet, he wanted to stand out from the rest of the priests out of spite, which is why he wore it even now; even if the hierophants would not feel inclined to allow it, what were they going to do? Tear it from his face? As he thought about the ridiculousness of the imaginary scenario, he went back to the baths, to the musty old hallways that lay mostly barren, aside from the mosaics on those windows casting their own shadows on the grey walls. Would someone like Genji even wish to stay in a boring place like this? Mikuni was curious, wanted to hear any and all stories that he was willing to share - he wanted to share his freedom in some way, even if it meant to be selfish. Wasn’t that a good thing, though? For now, he chuckled. Like this, he wandered back to the door and softly knocked on it - there was no reason to barge in. “Genji? Are you done? I brought clothes!”, he yelled, but there was no need to hurry up. Why would there be? “If you need a bit longer, I can wait here. Oh, also, would you mind showing me your arm?”, Mikuni wondered through the door, but he was rather silent and polite about it. He’d fix that curse before Seimei did.
    • The priest simply vanished rather quickly and closed the door to the bath, leaving Genji all by himself. He stepped towards the door, hearing that the young priest hasn't left as of yet and he waited for his steps to carry him away, before he checked if there was a way to lock this door. There was a key sticking out and he slowly turned it. He felt more save like that and the calmness and quietness of the room felt nice. He took it in for a moment, then he slowly got out of his clothes. He took off the gloves, his robe, then jacket, shirt and pants. Maybe he just wore too much for a climate like this. Either way, he checked the marks on his body and how far the curse has spread as of now, it was as he believed it to be, maybe a bit worse, as it slowly reached for his lower arm too. There was nothing he could do, instead he stepped forward to the wooden tub with the warm water and slowly stepped in. He glided in, sat down and had to admit that this felt good. The dark windowless room with only one candle lit was to his liking as well.

There were no noises, no sounds, just Genji alone with his thoughts, but the water was soothing and he kept himself in check. He didn't allow any thoughts about bloodshed or fighting and maybe having given his weapons away helped with that. He wouldn't need them to kill someone, but they still represented a life he didn't want to live anymore. He slid down and listened to the soft drips he heard every now and then. With closed eyes he sat there, until he heard a set of footsteps approaching. The young priest was back and Genji sat up and did what he came here for. He rubbed the dirt off his skin as best he could, then stood up, realizing that he lacked a towel. His dirty clothes lay on the floor and he pondered about putting them on. The gloves at least? Even though he didn't have to hide the curse on his hands right now. He unlocked the door and opened it a tiny bit, to peer out from within the shadows and mostly hidden by the door. "My arm...? What for?", he asked even though he probably knew the answer. "If it helps you help me... I suppose it is alright." He still stretched out his left arm for now, to ask for the clothes that had been brought for him. He at least wanted to put on pants before he let the priest in.
    • The door opened and he met a pair of eyes that, on any account, were glaring daggers at him. Mikuni viewed it that way, and even if it was a happy mistake he was making, it was almost intimidating. For now, he smiled back and gave that little rascal some time - who knew if he was telling the truth, and even if he was, who knew how inclined he was on someone actually seeing the manifestation of his curse? Maybe he’d grow horns next, something he couldn’t hide as easy as blemished skin, and something he’d hate himself for even more - Mikuni felt almost sorry for him, if only a little. After all, they sat in the same boat - even if they didn’t know or recognize it, Mikuni was nobody to discriminate others based on their past, and he felt as if this bonafide murderer was, even if he were armed, not much of a threat to him. His father had taught him things back in the day - when he’d still been a choir boy, he also knew how to pack a punch, so that wasn’t so bad! “Here, your clothes.”, he told the dripping wet person at the door. Didn’t he bring out any towels for him? That was a shame. He had to do better! “The towels are in the same shelf that I got the jasmine petals from. Feel free to take on to dry yourself off first - you’ll catch a cold.”

Up here, the seasons weren’t exactly kind, in the worst way possible - it usually was cold up here and he was surprised that Genji hadn’t caught a cold while he slept at the foot of their little hill, so high up and close to a mountain range that even the bravest of soldiers had a hard time navigating around. The door shut again, as expected, but Mikuni was fine with that - they had time, and he’d wait around as long as it need be, if only it meant that he’d gain something from that; something that they both would benefit from when it came to expelling a curse. “I’m curious to see how bad the corruption is, that’s all. My clothing should cover your worries, and I’m sure I can find you fitting gloves if you need them. Later, I’ll show you where you can wash and dry your own, but for now, rest is in order.” That poor thing had wandered for days, it not weeks, he was sure - he needed a proper place to rest at for now, and for that, he’d be happy to hear that the guest wing was available to him and him alone, in all its unrivaled glory. Why did they even bother with maintaining it? For cases like these? What a lame excuse. “Also, as for your question from before … magic may corrupt, but it’s not like we aren’t praying to a Goddess that wasn’t a known wielder of it. As long as you don’t abuse your powers, there’s no harm in it.”
    • Genji was told where to find towels and after closing the door he walked towards the mentioned cupboard and got one for himself. He quickly dried his skin, checking if the curse rubbed off in any way. He didn't know if that was possible, but sometimes it seemed like smoke was emerging for it, or it reached for something. Maybe it was only his imagination. He folded the towel again and hung it over the tub for now. Then he put on the clothes he had been given, clothes that barely felt right for him, but he did it nonetheless. he didn't put on the robe yet, since the priest wanted to take a look at his arm and he wondered why the older one didn't want to do that. Genji sighed looking at it himself. In this light it was barely visible. The curse spread from his right shoulder, maybe because it was the arm he killed with. It was dark splotches, darker than a color should ever be. Sometimes it pulsated and Genji was sure one could see it. It was especially strong when he took a sword in his hand, as if the curse wanted to get ahold of it to make it do what it wanted it to do - kill.

It grew rather slowly, not visibly by just looking at it for a few minutes but over the span of a few days or weeks, one could see the differences. It wouldn't be long until it climbed up his neck completely and started to be visible on his face, but the growth on his arm was usually much faster. He took another moment before he approached the door again and opened it a tiny bit. he hid mostly behind it while talking to the priest. "Come in then.", he told him, making it possible for him to open the door far enough to get in. Maybe he'd need to light more than this one candle though, but it wasn't of Genjis concern. Once the priest stepped in, Genji closed the door again and stood in front of it, blocking the only way out, or more like, blocking anyone else from coming in. "You might want to take that candle a bit closer...", he mumbled averting his gaze. He rarely showed this curse to anyone and he didn't feel good about it.
    • Mikuni was led back into the room, which was still as dimly-lit as he had left it, allowed to see for himself what it was that was ailing a man most foul, and yet appreciative of what was yet to come. He mustered a smile, tried to tell himself that all was well, and that someone like Genji couldn't have bad intentions, and yet, he wasn't so sure if he should trust the weird atmosphere that persisted. Before long, he walked over to the shelf and grabbed another candle - he couldn't see shit. Without a second thought, he used the fire of the first one to light this one ablaze, only to approach the blonde not much later. "Are you scared of someone barging in? Or do you want me to stay where I am?", he questioned. The intentions of this guy were unclear, and yet, he knew that the Goddess was much more afraid of him than he himself was - a mere mortal, that had simply shirked at the thought of being alone with a murderer. How bad would it get? A whole lot worse than this? No, that couldn't be. For now, he brought the candle closer and smiled at the man that was willing to reveal his secret to him.

The air was damp and his heart was beating faster - the cool wetness of the stones clung to the fabric of his clothing, but the flickering flame of his little candle illuminated just enough so that he could get a proper view of something that he wasn't supposed to see. Would Genji gut him? Mikuni was doubtful, he lacked his weapons and those nails of his seemed trimmed - he'd not claw his eyes out, which was good enough for him. Darkness was, what he saw, however - it spread across this poor mans arm, and if he looked closer, he thought that he saw more than pitch-black. Mesmerized, he rubbed his eyes, to make sure he was actually looking at something that was real, that wasn't just a thieves illusion or something that a proper mage could cook up. "That ... it looks pretty bad if you ask me.", he blurted out and suddenly placed his own hand on the curse - it made him shiver, the skin was cool to the touch, and at the same time, it burnt his fingers; at least it felt that way as he pulled his hand away and tried to soothe the burnt spots - only to find that there was nothing. "This isn't the first place that you've come to to seek help, isn't it? What did the others tell you?"
    • Genji was able to see the struggle in the priests eyes. He smiled and seemed friendly, but he felt that he was also at least a little scared, now that he was alone with a murderer and monster, in a dark room no less. Still he got himself another candle, not saying much about the situation at first. "The less people see this, the better.", he mumbled as an explanation. He didn't want to show his curse to anyone and he didn't want people talking about him. They'd kick him out if enough people were scared, but this particular priest seemed different and actually interested in helping Genji. The old priest didn't ask to see it and Genji was pretty sure he knew what that meant. The man before him seemed like the only one truly interested in Genjis ailment. Maybe the old priest expected, that when someone came here, they'd happily spill everything about their lives, but that wasn't how life usually worked, right? A experienced priest should know better and probably ask more questions. He wanted to find answers until tomorrow? Genji didn't get his hopes up.

Genji stood absolutely still when the priest and his candle came closer. Only his eyes followed his movements to see what he was up to. The flickering light reflected from his pale skin, but the patches with the curse seemed to swallow it completely. He looked at it quite some while and Genji shifted his attention to his own arm as well. It looked probably worse than Genji thought, when the priest even blurted it out. While he looked at it himself, he didn't pay attention and the boy actually touched the dark skin that looked like it was a hole with no end. Though the priest quickly pulled his fingers away again, Genji too took a step back, the door now in his back. Surprised by it being so close he hit it with more force than intended. "You shouldn't touch it...", he mumbled under his breath, then nodded towards his clothing on the floor. Amongst it were some old bandages he had worn around his shoulder. Once white they now were of darker color and it seemed like black smoke evaporated from it. He didn't want to ruin the priests robes, but now that he'd seen it, Genji squeezed himself past him and the wall to get to them. He quickly put them on to have his skin hidden away again. His back turned to the man, he picked up his dirty clothes, since he was sure they'd leave now. "Nothing much. Once they know too much, they usually send me away. I've never been to a bunch of priests however." He paused for a second, hiding the used bandages between the rest of his clothing. "I won't stay here. I've already said too much and father Seimei will send me on my way by tomorrow, isn't that so?"
    • He did what nobody else wanted to do - touch the person that obviously was passing his curse onto other things with prolonged exposure. But why? It seemed more like an infection then, a contagious one, but that didn't fit the picture. Why would anyone structure a curse like that? To keep its owner away from seeking help? Mikuni raised his hands as Genji backed off, much like a scared deerling that had seen and felt enough - that didn't want any more human contact. Obviously, he should have asked before curiously touching it. "Your ailment is safe with me.", he assured the blonde. Not like he had anyone to spill the beans to, and even if he had, this felt much too delicate for it to be gossiped about. For now, this was a secret, as long as the hierophants didn't take note of it; even the goddess would shut her imaginary mouth and pray for this kind, yet cursed soul - there were only a few things they could do right around now and many of them weren't good for someone that was supposed to rest for the remainder of the day. His eyes darted to the bandages however and he sighed - the curse had spilled, like a bottle of perfume or in this case, ink - it looked like a whole mess that would eventually spread to someones fingertips, and then it'd be too late.

Hastily, his subject packed up and Mikuni rubbed the back of his head. That wasn't what he had been asking about, but he probably was tired and interested in a real bed. "Does it spread to humans? Or just fabric?", he inquired, ignoring the warning, simply to get more out of the stranger. If Seimei wouldn't do this job properly, someone had to - there were still people that trusted in them, as priests, and that meant he'd be selfless enough to actually commit a selfish act like this, even if it was only to spite the rest of his congregation. "They send you away? People are idiots. I'm sorry you had those experiences.", Mikuni apologized. Even then, he rarely met people like this - he rarely left this mountain fortress and he hardly ever saw anyone that he didn't know for years. It was disgusting. Genji, on the other hand, was an egghead - and not the good kind. "Calm down. You mustn't leave, and I don't know about what kind of ideas Father has, but we'll figure it out tomorrow, or in the next few days. Rash decisions rarely lead to anything good!" Was it feasible to try and get through to whatever piece of normalcy existed within this guys head? No. "I'll show you your room, and I'll get you some new bandages. May I have the old ones? I could use them to study your curse. I promise to wear gloves when touching them?" Sweaty, dirty bandages couldn't be comfortable, but even so, he came closer to Genji once again and motioned to the door. "Are you alright?"
    • "I'm not sure.", Genji answered the priest who asked more about the curse. "I'm staying away from others." That he did, for multiple reasons, not necessarily this one. The truth was, he didn't want to hurt anybody and the urge to snap someones neck grew weaker if no one was around in the first place. Right now it was alright to talk, he managed to keep himself and his thoughts in check, but it would get worse again. "It's possible to wash it out and it vanishes after a while...", he explained to the priest. If the bandages just sat there, the smoke would vanish, even though the dirt remained, but it didn't seem harmful to Genji. Of course he couldn't be sure and he usually didn't wash his things in a river, or lake, or any other body of whatever that could bring parts of the curse to someone else. Still, he didn't believe it to be contagious, he never met or heard of anybody else who suffered the same fate as he did, but that didn't mean it wasn't harmful in some capacity.

"For someone trying to help me, he didn't ask a lot of questions, especially after I told him I am a murderer. Unlike you. You ask me about the curse. You want to help me, right?", he asked, not really expecting an answer. "You should be careful with those...", Genji mumbled, meaning the bandages, but if it help, he could have them. "You should burn these...", he added, pulling on the new clothes he got. New bandages wouldn't save much now that he already wore them. Then he nodded towards the tub with the water. "And I wouldn't reuse that..." Genji didn't know if anything would happen if someone else stepped into the tub after him, but he didn't want to hurt anyone, as he stated before. It was better he was alone and secluded. Maybe he should have taken the offer with the locked door. He was more than ready to be led to his own room, away from anyone he could hurt. With his clothes under his arm he slowly opened the door to the hallway again.
    • Once Genji had secured his goods, Mikuni was happy to lead him elsewhere. They left behind the damp bathroom and he was glad that it disappeared behind them like that - he enjoyed the soft glow of a late morning sun, and he liked the way that those windows framed the otherwise lifeless buildings. They slipped out one door and back in at the next possible stop, ascending another staircase, and then going down a second. All of this was made with someones great memory in mind, and yet, Mikuni only knew his way around the place because he'd been living here for a tad bit too long. "Isn't it lonely, living like that? All by your lonesome, away from the others?", he questioned. Now, he was one to talk, but even then, this was hardly about him and more about a stranger that would unleash a cursed plague upon them, as it seemed. As fun as it was, those mistakes would come back to bite him in the ass - he was sure about it every single day that he thought about it. Genji was just another piece for his ill-fitting puzzle, but he didn't hold any grudges against him, no - it wasn't like he wanted to be here either. He was unfortunate, much like him.

"I don't see why I shouldn't help you. Seimei talks big, but ... yeah, that's about it. But he's the only high priest out of all of them that talks to us.", he sighed. The others were even worse, but even still, he couldn't believe how much trust he had put into this guy in the first place. For now, he had to gather his thoughts and relax, just a bit. "I'll take care of them, no problem. If you need any more clothing or something like that, just let me know, okay?" They had limited linen and other fabrics, and while their clothing was rather basic and not worth mentioning, he still didn't want Genji to feel like someone had stripped something from him, taken it and whisked it away, only for him to never get it back. That was anything but his intention - he wasn't another one of many misguided sheep, and he most definitely wasn't here to be toyed around with, simply because he bore a curse, ancient and hurtful. "I'll get rid of the water entirely. Have you ever tried watering plants with it? Is it safe?" If not, he'd dump it elsewhere. For now, they made their way toward the guest wing, candle firmly placed in his hand as he slipped past the priests chambers and the lone, stray gawkers that were only getting up now. As he entered the small foyer, he was greeted by four equal doors and picked one at random - the room inside was rather simple; there was a piece of carpet on the floor and a cozy bed leaned against one of the walls. A window followed, and the mountain of pillows scattered all over the room, including the lone chair and table, as well as the fireplace, gave the whole thing a weird vibe. The only window, which had been carved directly into the bedrock, was rather small and round, and the colors of its mosaic danced vividly on the opposing wall. "Now then, this is your room! I hope you like it!" And as for his hand ... "Does the curse impact movement?"
    • "I've been lonely all my life, I am used to it...", Genji answered slowly and finally they left the little bathing room to find his own, one he could hopefully hide away in. before the curse Genji did have acquaintances, but no real friends. His master hadn't been a friend either and he didn't know his family. He talked to people more frequently back then, now he only talked if he had to and he didn't even get near of a town if he could help it. He wouldn't say he was lonely, then again he also didn't know how he'd know he was. People made him tired though, because he had to remind himself to keep his thoughts in check and his body too. It was exhausting and scary to be around people like now. The locked door seemed like a better option once again, but he knew, if he urge won him over, he'd be able to pick the lock and get out. Like this, at least he had it easier to leave, if he had to for some reason.

The assassin memorized the way to his chambers, no matter how complicated the priests home was. He was used to complicated routes, because there were locked doors in palaces and mansions. He'd find out again if he had to, yet all of that happened subconsciously anyway. "So the priests who could help me don't want to and you are not experienced enough?", Genji summarized. Well, he didn't have high hopes for this place from the beginning. In fact he doubted he'd ever get rid of the curse. "I'd still prefer to wash my own clothes.", he answered the priest and now he probably also understood why that was. It was safer fro Genji to deal with everything surrounding the curse. The next question left him puzzled however. "Why would I try that...?", he asked, meaning he didn't know if the water would harm plants. The priest asked weird questions sometimes, but he was friendly and helpful. He was nice enough to lead Genji to the room he'd stay in. It was more luxurious than almost every place he slept in the last few... for a very long time. A bad, a window, a fireplace and even pillows. He felt bad knowing that he probably ruined all of it somehow. He stepped inside and put his clothes on a chair. "It's more than I could have asked for.", Genji admitted, lowering his head thankfully, then peered up again only to look at his own hand. "Not like you might think.", he answered, realizing how little that told the priest, but should he say more? "It's taking over my body bit by bit... making it do its bidding."
    • “You shouldn’t be, but neither should I.” They were surrounded by people, the two of them, and yet they seemingly failed to make meaningful connections with any person around them. From the start, they were doomed. Was it too much to ask for one friend that wasn’t going to disappear when one needed them the most? Apparently. A big sigh escaped him. Genji was like him, or rather he was like Genji - whatever the case, they were two peas in a pod and Mikuni could deny it no longer. If he’d whisk him away, should he ask nicely? There was but one way to find out, and yet, he knew the answer already - firm no. Being selfish wouldn’t suit that already ugly mug of his, and being jealous wasn’t exactly a trait many should call their own. All in all, he was making one mistake after the other if he glued himself to Genji, much like a second shadow that a murderer definitely didn’t benefit from. “The priests can and will help you, but they might not be selfless enough. As for me, I’d like to help, I have an ace up my sleeve, but I rarely had the chance to cure a curse this bad. I’m just trying to make things right.” That little bit of magic that resided within his fingertips wasn’t his own - he’d borrowed it from his goddess - but it was useful either way.

“I’ve heard you, but I’m sure you could wear something else to lunge around and relax for once, like my clothing! It fits you pretty well.”, he proudly announced. There was nothing wrong with simply relaxing and thinking about the better things in life - the easier ones - maybe even fron ones childhood. If he’d be allowed a nap? Who even cared, he’d just go back to his chambers after this and lay down for a bit while skimming over relevant scriptures. As if someone like Seimei truly gave a fuck about Genji. Mikuni would prove them wrong. “Have you not experimented with the residue? To see if it is harmful to your environment?”, he questioned. That offered up bew potential. Like this, he’d never run out of work, even if being someones private curse-remover wouldn’t pay well and it definitely would drive him insane. “No need to thank me. I’m glad you enjoy it, but you really should rest. I’ll take care of the other things in the meantime, and once that’s done, you’ll be like new! Okay, maybe not new, but I’m sure we can get rid of that curse. With or without Fathers guidance.”, Mikuni assured Genji with a proper smile. Why was this guy bowing all the time? It was fine! He wasn’t disrespecting anyone by simply standing his ground! Right now, after the following explanation, he was glad to hear something so … oddly conforming. “So it’s not really you?”
    • "It is easier that way.", Genji retaliated. If he'd like or love someone, he still couldn't be close to that person and all of this would become even harder. He didn't want that and misplaced trust was ones downfall very easily. He would know, how many times had he killed someones supposed friend? They never suspected it and even the person closest to Genji, his master, never really cared about his wellbeing. That was fine, that was how the world went, yet Genji cared for every single person and that was the reason he stayed alive and tried to get rid of this curse. He still looked at the stranger that was way too nice to him and that thought he was a good enough person himself to warrant a helpful hand. "Thank you.", he told him in all honesty. Seldomly was he treated like this. usually people chased him away as soon as they saw parts of the curse, or new more, but the priest didn't know everything yet either. Genji wanted to take it slow, he wanted help, not another place he was banned from going to ever again.

"But I'm ruining it by wearing it...", Genji reminded the priest. he shouldn't put this clothes on again himself. Genji didn't switch his clothes all the time and there was currently no curse sticking to it, as far as he could see, but that didn't mean it wasn't touched by it. Wearing the priests clothes was just a waste of fabric, but so was laying in their bed. "No... I haven't. That idea didn't cross my mind.", he then admitted. He wasn't a priest, or scholar of any other kind. Well, he knew why he was here, those people clearly knew more about curses than he did. he didn't even know if a curse spreading like that was normal. Again Genji nodded when he was told he should relax and everything in here, for now, belonged to him. It was too much, if he thought about it. The bed looked welcoming too and he slowly stepped closer to sit down eventually. He was still incredibly tired and worn out. He'd answer the priests questions first however, after all he wanted his help. "If a curse is able to be alive... this one clearly is."
    • "To live a life of loneliness?", he wondered. That couldn't be. Not once had he considered that a life of loneliness was an easier one, of less questions asked and of more things achieve - of solace being found. Mikuni wasn't hellbent on becoming someone that, for all intends and purposes, was living the lone life of a hermit to reach some sort of ascetic lifestage of immortality - there was no such thing to him, not for mortals, not for immortals; all of them died, be it through the hands of a godslayer or their own. To him, even someone like Genji was no different. "No need to. You are our guest.", he chuckled. That was the life of a selfless man, wasn't it? To give those who didn't have anything, even if one didn't have much themselves. Weird, that's what it was, but alas, why was he going to judge anyone for anything? With a smile, he took another glance around the room - the cell, per se - and wondered if the other guest rooms looked any different. Where did they take the ressources from to maintain places like these? Probably someones magic, someones blood and bones, lit ablaze on a pyre. There was a smile on his lips. All would be fine, one way or the other.

"You aren't. It's just fabric, it's replacable - but you aren't, if you were to stand around in wet, dirty clothes and catch something. Even a cold can be dangerous.", Mikuni warned Genji. That the stranger new, but even then, there was no hard in trying to communicate with him - it was easy to be upset about the waste of ressources, but to him, they weren't wasted on a lone man that, despite it all, was trying his utmost to keep his ailment at bay. What he had done was deserving of punishment, and yet ... "If you don't mind, I'll try it, then. We'll figure something out. Maybe it just flakes off like that? Who knows, it might not be dangerous to others after all." In a way, he helped himself - he had something to occupy both of them with, and he had enough water to test out his thesis; it would take a few tries, sure, and probably a few different plants, but he wasn't going to throw the water out into nature if he knew that the murky, black substance was harmful to any and all that came in contact with it. Again, his eyes rested on the blonde. "Sentient, like, having a mind of its own? I wouldn't doubt it, curses can come in all shapes and forms, much like humans. Hm. I'll bring you some bandages, please rest."