cursebound. (Earinor & Akira)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Genji wasn't sure if Mikuni was worried about him because he didn't want to be alone, or if Otohas feelings for him somehow spilled over. He shook his head and spread his arms a little to show the boy that there was not a single scratch on him. "I am fine and no one died.", he reported to him and took a look at his bags. "We'll have about double the time to leave this place then. They will come back, but they'll have to reach a town first and gather more men." Maybe he shouldn't send them to a quest to kill Noroichi, how many people would actually pay money if the beast got slain? It was the best way to avoid bloodshed however, at least he thought it was. "No need to rush, we have time to think about what we want to take on the journey. It's getting dark soon, we'll leave tomorrow morning. You should get some rest tonight." Dragging Mikuni through the dark was probably not a good idea. He wasn't used to traveling, much less in the dark.

He too wasn't used to a travel companion. They'd need food, maybe a tent, a sleeping bag or at least a warm blanket and pillows for Mikuni. A horse would be good, but then again, Genji didn't even know where to go. He had no goal and Mikuni didn't have one either. He also didn't believe he could live somewhere in peace, that they would always find him. Genji didn't know if that was true, but at least he should learn how to defend himself and until he didn't, Genji would keep him save. After all, he ruined his home and took everything from him, that was the least he could do. Mikuni looked devastated though. "Are you hungry? Should I get you something?" It was an attempt to cheer him up, a fruitless one probably, but Genji didn't know what else to do. He wasn't used to company, not at all and he didn't know how to help a young priest like Mikuni, who was about to loose everything he got left.
    • Mikuni still couldn't pry his eyes away from Genji - he looked for blemishes, for cuts, for anything that indicated that the older man had gotten hurt, that gave him a right to be upset at him, that allowed him to chastise him for being an idiot, or for lashing out like that and acting like the selfless man he could be. But there was nothing, zero, zilch - even if there had been anything, he knew that it might have healed by now, that it was futile to get angry over, that it was an idiotic attempt to make amends to tempt someone like Genji to just stay here and not even make some sort of effort. "You are fine? In one piece? That is ... good to hear. I'm glad.", Mikuni finally answered, crawling out from his hiding spot. His heart was thumbing rather fast and his mind had gone places that he himself wouldn't have allowed it to. What if Genji had been killed, right then and there? Otoha only had this body to work with, if she wanted to or not, and Mikuni wasn't the best vessel in the first place. Once more, he found himself wincing at the thought of being left alone, abandoned, all alone - just like he was now, sort of. "Huh? But shouldn't we be out of here as soon as possible?", he questioned the sanity of Genjis choice.

The blonde knew better, he told himself, and he was much more aware of their surroundings than he was - Mikuni knew that, even without questioning it, and he also knew that, despite everything that had happened so far, maybe Genji was specifically trying to keep him safe, not just the goddess he harbored. A big, relieved sigh spilled from his lips as he approached the older man and just hugged him tightly, burying his face in his shoulder - he wasn't going to cry, he just simply needed something to hold onto. "I'm not hungry, just ... stay like this for a bit, please.", he murmured into the strangers flesh. Physical affection was rare and Mikuni was used to not being hugged back, to giving but not receiving, and yet, he just forced it onto someone that was trying his earnest, in his own way. For now, he stood there, not once whimpering, just lightly crying. Everything he had held somewhat dear, he lost, in such a short span of time and anything he could have used as a foundation up here was going to be pried from his hands as well - fate willed him to live, and yet, it had to be a quite painful one it seemed; there only was one person to comfort him, one that simply couldn't, that had robbed him of things as well. "Life isn't fair at all ...", he sniffled.
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "I'm not as weak as I look...", Genji replied. After all he survived for this long and lots of people tried to kill him, of that he was sure. He knew how important it was to stay alive, how important it was to keep fighting, he probably had more to fight for than most others, which gave him an edge in battle, undoubtedly. "I don't think you'd appreciate a travel through the woods at night when you can barely see anything? And we better pick what we take with us carefully and not hastily. One of them is injured and even if either of the others ran into town, they and possible backup will not arrive here by tomorrow." Mikuni should rest, otherwise he'd probably only hurt himself in the woods. It didn't matter if Genji used magic, he was fine in the dark, but Mikuni was different. Maybe Otoha would keep any corruptness from him, but until he learned how to actually use magic, they would run out of time anyway. Genji was very sure of his current plan.

Before he could argue further though, the priest suddenly came closer and wrapped his arms around Genji tightly. He didn't know what to do. He wasn't Otoha who made him feel like he knew her and he'd done it before and that she loved him. For Mikuni he was a monster that took away his family and his home, yet he hugged him and didn't want to let go. All the while Genji felt the curse starting to get active, possibly because of the smell of fresh blood or the intent to shed it, if necessary. It wasn't anything close to make him lose control, but he also felt like he was simply too dangerous to be around. "It's... I... you don't have to be sad...? I'll find a new home for you and tonight I'll keep you save. You don't have to worry about those people.", he tried to reassure the priest, who started to silently cry into his shoulder. He softly tried to pat his back two times in the hopes it would help him somehow.
    • Gently, he pulled Genji closer and then hugged him tightly. No matter what, he would always be like this, he figured, stuck in his own mind, in need of comfort, unwilling to change. For one, he was happy that his only companion wasn't insane yet, hadn't gotten hurt just now, but it wouldn't last long, he figured. Eventually, things would change and Genji would be right. The two of them couldn't stay together, not forever, but even still, Mikuni wished that he'd have Genji by his side earlier, someone that simply extended a helping hand toward him, in a time of need, after taking everything that he'd ever liked. "I never said that.", he absconded. The priest finally let go, finally dried his tears and found himself enamoured by the thought of a knight in shining armor, existing simply to help him through whatever crisis that had laid claim to his mind. "I- still, we should leave as soon as we possibly can? Please, just wake me up whenever. I don't need a lot of sleep. It suffices if you wake me in the early hours of the morning."

Silently, he stood there and wasn't sure what he wanted. The backpats had felt nice, yes - Genji seemed to have no idea how to deal with him, tried his earnest to make do with whatever he could do, but Mikuni was the one that, in the end, had to come up with someone. He bit his tongue. "That's ... not it, it's about memories, about a life that I'm losing right now. I'll not have the chance to forget, Genji, and it's all so sudden. But that's fine. In the end, you know, you tried." A small chuckle trailed his words and Mikuni-no-Homare was sure that he could have had worse. The blonde could have hated him, but he did not, for reasons that were mainly unknown to him. Oh, how he wished he could be Otoha so that Genji was equally pleased, and yet, he couldn't be, in no way, shape, or form. Crestfallen as he was, any option was worth considering - any moment of his existence was worth noting, and the realization, that maybe, just maybe, the two of them stood a chance together, especially if Mikuni could rely on the older man, was one worth entertaining. "You should try crying ... if you can?"
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • Genji was pulled even closer and Mikuni held onto him tightly. He felt bad for being the only living being he could turn to in miles. There had to be a place for him somewhere, even if Genji had no clue where to go from here on out. Their general direction would be away from the closest city but that was the closest he had to a plan. "You should rest up well tonight. You're not used to walking the whole day, are you? We'll have plenty of walking to do.", Genji reminded the priest, who seemed eager to get out of here all of a sudden. There truly was no need to hurry too much. They'd keep off the roads however, for the start and Genji suspected Mikuni to not have an easy time tracking through the wilderness down a mountain. For the first few days the nights would be cold as well, Genji was sure making a fire was too dangerous, someone could spot their location. He was sure all of this wasn't fair to Mikuni, but he couldn't leave him here either and defending this place was out of question.

"I'm sorry Mikuni...", Genji mumbled. There wasn't more he could do, he knew all of this was his fault. There were no actual words for this situation, none at all. Now Mikuni was stuck with his tormentor who might just fall into a frenzy again. The curse wasn't gone, it never would be and right now Genji felt it grow after those days of silence. Sometimes he just wished to talk to Otoha sometimes, because she was actually someone he felt comfortable with. He wondered why she wasn't able to take Mikunis pain, to control this body instead to let him rest, but it didn't seem to be that easy, in fact she seemed rather silent today. He looked at Mikuni a bit confused when he suggested Genji should cry as well. He shook his head in confusion and because he was sure that he couldn't anyway. Around Otoha it was different, but Mikuni had enough baggage on his shoulders, he didn't need Genjis as well.
    • Who else could he hold onto, who else could he rely on? Mikuni only had Genji and it was sad to consider. The two of them knew little about one another, and even worse, little about themselves - they had no chance of just figuring it out together, and they also had to admit that, despite everything, their only form of comfort came from the past. Was Genji still hung up about Otoha and the way she existed despite being dead, in a sense? He hoped not, but maybe the sadness in his eyes was telling. Either way, he had to let go already, had to be strong, for the two of them, for himself and for others, escape, what he had trapped himself in. There was no other way, was there now? "I'm not. It'll be a hassle, I know as much, but at least we can try running away. It would be worse if I was used to no walking at all.", he tried to joke, even though he knew that it led nowhere. Mikuni wasn't really adept at acting like this and it showed - he was rather awkward when it came to interacting with strangers, maybe even just a bit too nosy - but he couldn't help it. He wanted to know, despite everything, he wanted to know all the time, no matter what, no matter how.

Eventually, he had to admit that the hug was enough - that he could let go now and be on his merry way to both of their beds, rest a bit and let Genji do what he needed to do. Unfortunately, all that adrenaline that had swept through his body wasn't subsiding just yet and he wasn't the least bit tired - stress be damned. As he tried his earnest to hide the fact from himself, to force a yawn out of his mouth, he stood there, rather dumbfounded, considering his options. "You needn't be, you are atoning for all of your sins anyway by having to live to see another day.", the priest sighed. That was the truth, one that neither of them could really deny. Genji was trying his best, Mikuni could tell - and he could understand, at least to a small degree, that the two of them were nothing more than strangers, helping out one another. What else would they be doing, if not that? They had little options, so to speak and the ones they were entertaining now, well, they really were their only ones, weren't they? "We should pack up, or do you want to do that on your own?"
    • "I... that is not what I meant!", Genji was quick to answer. He didn't mean to hurt Mikunis feelings at all. "I don't mind you being around... I mean I do, I... no." Genji paused and took a deep breath. He tried to collect his thoughts before he spoke. "I mean, I am not used to having company and I think it is unsafe for you and Otoha, but that is the only reason I rather find a place for you to stay quickly. You are not a hassle or a burdon... I don't mind accommodating to your needs and for that I think it is best for you to rest tonight." That was all. He truly didn't mind taking more breaks or taking saver routes. Mikuni wasn't used to this and it was fine. He could sleep in if possible, he could complain, Genji did all of this to him, so he'd just take it. He'd take his wreath even, his anger, if that helped. Whatever it was Genji was alright with it and he'd find a save place. "Do you... still have family? Maybe we could go there."

Maybe it was a silly idea. People might look for him there, if they looked at all, but either way, a direction to go to would probably help ease Mikunis mind. He wasn't used to wander for all eternity, unlike Genji. Mikunis next words hurt somehow though and Genji didn't know what to answer. Mikuni was right and it was right that his life was like this. His sins, huh? Yes it were his, he didn't want to blame it on a curse. Genji lowered his gaze, then took a step back. He was truly sorry for his actions. "You should rest. I've already slept, so go ahead. I'll take care of everything." With those words he quickly grabbed Mikunis bag and left with it to see what's inside and add to it. They'd need rations, a blanket or two, clothing, maybe something warmer too and a few things like bowls and knives, if only for cooking. Genji knew were to find all of that and he got a second bag somewhere too. All the heavy stuff came in his and the things with lighter weight in Mikunis. If need be Genji could also carry both.
    • "Is it not?", Mikuni asked, rather suspiciously. Now, surely, Genji was a bit rust and his people skills weren't the best - he couldn't blame him for that, in fact, probably should not, and yet, he also couldn't help himself but annoy this man, more than he should. What would he gain from this, he wondered, and what would he lose, he questioned? "It's fine. You need time, Genji. We all do. Both Otoha and me are stubborn, there's no way around it.", he declared. The two of them fit each other like a glove in that regard, at least that was what he thought - in a way. Why wouldn't they? It didn't make sense any other way and, to be somewhat frank, they also had to admit that they were the same thing, just in different ways, sharing one damned body. Wasn't it just like that? Oh, what would he give for it to be somewhat different. "I do, but I'm ... not sure if they still exist? Well, in that case I might. We can go there, but I'm not so sure about how that'll go, honestly." Mikuni shook his head. In the end, maybe it was better not to go there, for a few simple reasons that just about anyone could guess anyway.

Genji was a strong contender for an overbearing mom, he figured, but he didn't dare say that. Helping Genji wasn't allowed, it seemed, and Mikuni-no-Homare felt so very alone at this moment, he didn't even know what to do. Frankly, he could sleep, could rest for today, but something irked him and even lying down on his bed hadn't helped the slightest bit. No matter what position he assumed, he couldn't sleep, not yet anyway. Why did that make him so uncomfortable? What could he say, he didn't know, couldn't tell, wouldn't accept - it was inhumane to rip him out of his own life, of the place that he'd lived at for years and years, and yet, he couldn't stay here for the rest of his life; couldn't slip away to other places, couldn't accept that he, of all people, was going to out there, somewhere. "Genji ...", he mumbled, but he was long gone, and therefore, Mikuni eventually had to turn over and force himself to sleep, somehow. Whenever he did, he didn't know, but he dreamt of nothing - forgot what he wanted to dream, what he wanted to believe. Life wasn't always easy, it surely wasn't, but Mikuni had a stomachache, just thinking about what tomorrow would bring.
    • Genji knew that Mikuni wanted to help and that he probably couldn't sleep well today, but it was better for him. Genji was more or less awake anyway and thus he left him alone, after their awkward conversation ended. They could figure out where to go on the way, for now they just needed to leave. Once everything was packed up, Genji cursed the fact that he didn't have more time to bury all the people he killed, but he figured he'd try to rest a bit too, so he could keep Mikuni save. It was hard to sleep though. Maybe it was the blood that was shed, but Genji felt a familiar thumb in his shoulder, almost like a heartbeat. All the while his skin felt like stretching and breaking. All night he was busy trying to fight the curse back to sleep. His eyes closed and his teeth and fist clenched, he wondered how long Mikuni would be save around him. Not long probably and Genji knew it was hard for him to be around people the more it grew. He honestly didn't know what to do.

The next morning Genji left his bed early. He left once the first bird was up and singing and he grabbed both their bags. Then he grabbed some breakfast and with that in tow he went to wake Mikuni up. He slowly, very slowly and very carefully approached him. "Mikuni...?", he whispered from afar, but there was no reaction. He crept a bit closer. "Mikuni-no-Homare...?" Still nothing. He crept even closer, putting the breakfast on the nightstand next to him. "Mikuni..." He seemed deep asleep. Genji stood there for a while, puzzled, until he made up his mind and made a tiny step forward. He softly put his hand on Mikunis shoulder and - ouch! It was a tiny electrical shock that traveled up his arm. Genji looked at his fingers bewildered. The curse? Otoha? It didn't matter, because the second time around there was no spark and he softly touched Mikuni and once he looked like he was waking up, Genji took two steps back again.
    • Once more, he slept like a rock, swept away by the endless sea and dragged to rugged cliffs, where the soft hands of a woman were extended toward him - he was unsure, even when the salty water filled his mouth and lungs, made it hard to breathe and to escape her clutches, so much so, that he eventually stopped resisting and gave up. Almost willingly, he grabbed her and tried to get himself out of the water. This time, however, she fell inside with him and the waves swallowed them both, let endless darkness reign over them. At first, a voice called his name and the hot, sandy underground felt familiar - it was a shy one, a sweet voice, definitely that of the girl he'd clung to, but as he slowly raised his head and looked up, she looked nothing like her. Why did she ... huh? Her face twisted and moved, there was a grin, then there was nothing, her hair was blonde, then it was his own, and all in all, none of this made sense, not when he was desperately trying to figure out if this was a good or a bad night. Silence, then more of his name - fuck, how was he supposed to ... was that Genji?

For a moment, he blinked into the vast unfamiliarity of the convent that he awoke in. Mikuni rubbed his eyes and looked at the blonde, that suddenly stopped calling out for him and inched back. "It's fine, it's fine ... I'm wide awake, I just slept pretty good. I think?", he exclaimed, weirded out by nothing but his own statement. As he proceeded in his assumptions and movements, he couldn't help but yawn a whole bunch and then get up, out of bed. Something was off about all of this, especially right this instant, as he was desperately trying to gain full control over his ... what, sand? Mikuni was weirded out for a second, before darkness swallowed him whole - he knew where this was going. "Gen~ji~!", a rather chipper voice suddenly forced out between those foreign lips she now had to call her own. Immediately, she was all over this guy, only to feel a spark of her own when she touched him. Then, she let go, rather disappointed at that. "Are you trying to ward me off? I'm a goddess, not some sort of damnable demon!", she proclaimed, quite annoyed at that. "Are you happy to see me? I know I am!"
    • Mikunis answer was rather weird and Genji didn't know if he truly slept well, or if something was wrong. Well, it could be many things and nightmares were normal, now that he lost his home, his family and his friends. Additionally he had to leave this place, with his tormentor no less and he was scared, that much was clear. "You don't have to act for my sake...", Genji mumbled carefully and watched Mikuni yawn and jump out of bed. "I'm sorry if I woke you, but we should be leaving..." It was early morning and even though there was no immediate danger, it was probably best they'd hurry along. Mikunis expression changed however, suddenly at that and he seemed to stumble, while his voice changed the slightest bit. Suddenly he was jumping at Genji, no, not Mikuni was, Otoha was, but as soon as she touched him, there was another spark. It didn't hurt, not much at least, but it felt off nonetheless. Otoha seemed to feel it too and stopped touching him again right away, while Genji was still puzzled.

"I... Otoha..?" She wasn't happy about the fact that there was some kind of negative reaction. "I didn't do anything...", he mumbled looking at his hand. Was it the curse trying to get her away even more after what had happened? He wasn't sure what was going on. "I'm sorry." He felt bad, even though he didn't know what had happened. Maybe it was Mikunis body instead, no probably not... "I... yeah, I'm happy..." Genji tried to smile, but then pointed at the backpacks he readied for them. "Still, we should leave, to keep you both save... can you walk...?" Of course she could, the restrictions of this body didn't apply to her. "Is that why you're here?", he wondered aloud. Should he ask her about all the strange things they discovered...? Maybe she knew more about it all. "Have you been listening to what Mikuni and I talked about...? Not that it's important right now..."
    • Otoha was rather happy to be out and about again, especially after she sat out an entire day. Sure, she had to, to collect her strength and maybe get a one-up on somebody like Mikuni, who always seemed rather peppy and cheerful, but all in all, maybe she was just asking the slightest bit too much of her host, then. Not having to control a heap of chunky flesh was a rather nice change of pace, sure, but fighting every single time she wated to take ahold of it wasn't exactly how she'd pictured the rest of her life at all. Frankly, it was proving to be a rather annoying practice. "Yes, not in the flesh, but at least in spirit!", she announced rather woefully. There were many things she missed about her body, or the fact that it had been quite the while since she'd had a female host, but alas, there was nothing to get jealous about if her current host didn't even have any assets that she personally disliked - he was missing everything and nothing at the same time. Would Genji find this sort of stuff attractive? Well, she wasn't entirely sure, but before her time, he'd slept with women and men alike, so maybe that was for the best with a bisexual disaster like him.

"You zapped me!", she retaliated, somewhat angry about the happenings around her and the fact that someone - mainly her dearly beloved not husband - was denying her that little inch of truth that she'd found for herself. "No, it's fine, at least you know how to apologize.", Otoha softened up and grinned at him in a body that, despite everything, just felt like the biggest of messes right now. How well-equipped was this guy really? Well, she couldn't exactly say, but first things first - she grabbed Mikunis hair and tied it up, and then, she got rid of that idiotic eyepatch altogether - it was ride or die now, no? "Good, you should be!", she exclaimed. Was that the truth? Well, potentially! "Can I? Pff, please! The mother of your children stands before you ... well, in spirit at least - there's nothing I can't do!" Suddenly, apparently giving birth to one or two critters was enough to make her a superhuman? Who knew. Mikuni was just a weak milquetoast type of guy, so his body would ache all over tomorrow, she was sure of that. "Kind of? Also, I missed you and, uh, Mikunis body is like, extremely useless, and I wanted to save you from constant complaining?", she lied through her teeth as she grabbed one of the backpacks. What did this guy pack - stones!?
    • Genji felt the spark of electricity too. "I... that happened before... I don't know why.", he mumbled, looking at his hand again. He couldn't exactly say if it was him that did that, or if Otoha, or Mikuni tried to keep him away. Maybe it was just coincidence, things like these sometimes happened, didn't they? And in the end, the second time Genji touched Mikuni there was no spark. He turned his shoulder, like he often did when he thought about the curse sitting right there on that spot and slowly dug itself deeper into his flesh and mind. He hated the fact it was growing again and he wasn't sure how long he would be able to keep his sanity around Mikuni and Otoha. Genji sighed relieved when Otoha took it well and took his apology. He wondered if there would be another zap, but there had been times without, so Genji hesitantly stepped forward to carefully grab Otohas hand. No zap, nothing. He softly brushed over the back of her hand and then stepped back again. There was no problem after all, right?

Genji softly smiled at her, taking the heavier backpack and putting it on his shoulders. "I don't want you to overdo it, or Mikuni... I know this body is different to the one you used to have. Just tell me if you need a break." She already looked displeased. "If you want, I can carry both.", he offered, but already turned to the door to get going. It was probably better to keep off the road - the only one that led here - with Otoha it would be easier. It was a mountain after all, they might need to climb a bit, or jump down somewhere, but Genji knew his body well and Otoha - well she wouldn't have much trouble, but even so, hopefully she was careful with Mikunis body. For the start they'd just have to walk downhill, past the orchards, some bushes and then the woods. Hopefully they'd find an easy enough path. "I wanted to ask you... do you know what happened right after your death...?"
    • "That's odd." Was it the curse, telling her to fuck off, or was it just the fact that something was brewing and getting to both of their heads? Otoha couldn't say, she was - after all - in charge of a body that had no endurance, no flesh, nothing. Mikuni-no-Homare was, by definition, a weak and sheltered vessel that she hardly knew how to deal with, even if her beloved Genji was with her, every step of the way. Surely, this might be a time wrought with mistakes, and a time at which she was to shut her gullet, but she simply failed to. Even when they touched now, nothing happened and Otoha had to laugh. Were they doomed to do this, to spend too much time like this, by one anothers side, free of any stupid premonitions and yet wrought by hardships? Oh, if only she knew. "Holding my hand, huh?", she commented with the softest of smiles and the most interested of glances, but that wasn't forever - their union hadn't been, either, and Otoha knew that neglience would only lead to their eventual downfall. Neither of them were packing anything of value, aside from themselves and their long since absconded love for one another.

Molding Genji into the man he had been once, it would be against the rules of nature - completely useless and wrought with hardship, free of life and ideologies, forged into something that, despite it all, was hardly worth prancing about. "No. I am fine, and this body won't learn if we don't let it. I'm just astounded at how weak someone so much taller than me can be." She knew the blonde mans strength, she knew her own, but Mikuni was a hot mess in that regard and even as she shouldered the bag she had been handed, she was scared. Not for herself, or Mikuni, but for the trial that awaited them beyond the borders of those hallowed, old walls. There was no escaping from a world that they hardly understood. "No.", she murmured. Right after her death, huh? She couldn't say, for fucks sake, she had no idea, and Genji was asking her for something that she apparently should have come up with years ago - she never paid it much mind, and even if this was supposed to be reality, she knew that she hardly held any connection to it. "I ... don't really remember. Why? You are a man of mystery, Genji - always have been, always will be."
    • "The curse might be scared of you... It's back. I can feel it, but it took longer than usual.", he told Otoha. Maybe it had always been like this, he didn't touch many people after all. She had given him more time, or she did give it to Mikuni, to rest, heal and get to terms with the fact, that he had to leave his home. Genji felt bad for not remembering his wife, he felt bad for not remembering the mother of his children, or his children. He lived a whole life and it could have been very well that of someone else. How many lives did he live before? How many families did he forget or how many people did he kill without the curse intervening? He couldn't be the man Otoha remembered and he didn't want to be either. This life she talked about, maybe it sounded like someone his human self could have become, but even then did he decide to stop with the killing and to start finding a different life he never could find, not even after more than 800 years.

"Mhm, alright. Can't your powers heal sore muscles?", he wondered and let her carry the bag that wasn't all too heavy. Genji carried the heavy things. He got going, they really should use the time. Those people won't be back today or even tomorrow, but the farther they got before they'd come back the better it was for them. They knew Noroichi was in the area, they'd send more than a few mercenaries, they'd send all the soldiers they didn't need to defend their village. Genji didn't know which stories about him were true and which weren't, but he knew that whole villages were afraid of him. The good thing was that they didn't know much about him and no one would believe he'd travel with a companion. Genji closed the gate behind him and then pointed at the direction on the other side of the path. They'd not take the road. Mikunis body couldn't die, but still... "If you need help, please tell me." He didn't want them to trip and fall and sprain an ankle or worse. He looked over his shoulder when Otoha answered his question and shook his head. "No, nevermind then."
    • "Scared? Of me? Oh my, that's a new one for sure.", Otoha declared, as she proudly puffed out her chest for a short second and smiled. If it was, that meant that her, being here, by Genjis side, definitely wasn't anything bad. Oh, no, it was worse - it meant they were meant to be, and in the end, she was here for a reason, met this man for a reason and shared another moment with him, all for a reason. Whatever this divine calling was, oh, whatever this moment of respite could be, she was mesmerized by the realization of it. Nothing had to happen if neither of them wanted it to, and neither of them had to push forward, though, in this case, their fates were sealed; it had happened, they were leaving this stuffy monastery, even if Mikuni-no-Homare had no interest in it. This had been a prison, a bird cage, and those priests, hm, they were better of dead, in a way. Still, did poor Seimei deserve any of this? Precisely, actually. He had toasted to blood that never belonged to him and therefore, he had been punished, just like any other entitled rat would have been.

"Genji, you're silly. This is a mortal body. Tell me, what's a god going to do in the body of a mortal?", she chuckled. This wasn't the body she was used to, but considering her age, she had had many more than this one, making Genji one of those few constants in her everchanging lives. Was she going to clue in this guy about it all? No, she needn't be ridiculous, this guy had probably figured most of this stuff out already anyway. Or had he? Otoha couldn't say, no, she never could - he was a mystery to her, that young man that no longer was anything but a husk of her husband, even though she wished for it to be different. Had they not died together? Absolutely and most definitely not. What a travesty. "I'll be fine, but if I do need help, I will ask for it. Don't worry." Maybe she wouldn't and this adventure would just turn out to be even more fun for the two of them! Poor Mikuni, though - Otoha didn't quite like human pain and most of the time shirked the opportunity to feel it, especially in this body. And definitely now. "Why such a rugged path, though? To avoid detection?", she inquired as she started moving - away from where it all happened, away from a safe haven that had stopped being one once Genji arrived.
    • "You are a goddess... I am sure many are afraid of your powers." Genji pointed out and maybe he was too. He wasn't sure what Otoha was capable of and even if he remembered her, he wouldn't know what she'd become. He wanted to believe that he didn't need to worry anyway, Otoha was on his side after all, but he also had the feeling that she wouldn't want to leave his side again, whereas he himself was too scared of what he'd do were he to stay. He decided to worry about that later though, much later, once they'd found a place Mikuni could stay at least. Genji had many questions, but no answers and he felt bad for leaving this giant library behind. Not that he found anything but more questions there. Otoha didn't reveal much herself, either because she didn't know, or because she didn't want to. Genji suspected her of doing both, but he believed her when she told him, that she knew nothing about what happened after her mortal body died, up until she awoke as a goddess somewhere and somewhen else.

"Am I...? You healed Mikunis broken bones and possibly missing organs... muscles seem to be a small matter compared." Maybe it was better if she couldn't. Mikunis body would have the chance to get stronger. Otoha herself didn't mind carrying around anyway and Genji didn't think she felt any of this bodys pain. Well, that in turn meant that Genji maybe had to take care of Mikuni while he slept, so his body wouldn't be strained too much. For now they walked across the dry soil o the gardens behind the monastery, then it got steeper and Genji looked back every now and then, checking on Otoha. The earth was still wet and they left plenty of prints, but when they reached the woods, it would be harder to follow them. "There is but one path leading to the monastary and the mercenaries will take it. We'd run right into their arms. Once we're in the woods we'll have an easier time avoiding them and the trees will hide us from even a birds eye... not that magic like that seems to exist anymore. The world has changed so much..." Hopefully or the better. Genji halted when they arrived at a small cliff of some sorts. Looking down it were about three to four meters to the ground below. He looked at Otoha, unsure about what she was able to do and what not in this new body with new powers. He was sure back when he knew her, she wouldn't have needed any assistance, but today...? "Do you need my help?", he asked her, extending a hand.
    • "But a little curse that's defeated countless of people and wants me to be part of his collection is afraid of me now? Oh, come on. I never was of any interest to him when I was mortal - he viewed me as a nuisance, not as a threat, and now he's almost pissing his pants because I'm superior? What a bore!", Otoha answered with a smile on her lips. That sounded almost as if Genji himself was afraid as well, or as if his little curse was getting too tangled up in his emotions, afraid to hurt what this silly little man held dear at some point. Wasn't it that? Oh, what a pity that was! And worse yet, what a pity this body had to be if it barely moved to its own accord, but she could hardly complain about any pain already - Genji was already carrying so much more than just some bags, and frankly, she didn't have to play the damsel in distress to appeal to him at all; she knew as much - she probably was even stronger than him if somebody would already let her escape whatever vessel she was stuck within, there was no way around it for sure. But how would she free herself from flesh she wasn't even trapped within? Crushing her own eye would kill her, or at least remove her influence upon the mortal plane.

"Suffering builds character! And those were serious injuries. My power isn't some nilly-willy tool that I'll use for the sake of abusing it, you know? Poor Mikuni would whine all day and be spoiled if he just scraped his knee and I'd heal whatever injury he sustained all the time. I like to coddle my children, but not all the time. He's old enough. And I am, too.", she argued her case, and Otoha was right. There really was no use to alleviate some sore muscles with a healing hand or some sort of loving embrace to offer, as it would only lead to the abuse of her power. Nobody needed that much - sometimes, people were free to suffer, needed to learn that life wasn't all that fun, but Otoha still walked this rugged path that led to ... where, exactly? Genji had his own ideas, not that they were any bad, but she had to admit, sometimes she had to doubt this guy. "Come on, as if. Times have changed and magic is as good as extinct. Sure, some priests still know a spell here and there, and bodies like this one can translate my own spells to reality, but a bunch of knights knowing a possession rite? It's safe to say that seems outlandish now." Otoha shook her head and wondered how much Genji had missed, just how many years he'd toiled and tried his best to fit into a world that wasn't made for him. As she looked down upon Genjis hand, she grabbed it and smiled. "No, but you do.", she informed this guy and tossed them both over the edge. So much for not abusing her godly powers - the air around them warped, almost as if gravity stopped existing for a second, and they landed on their feet, softly at that. "See? And that's why I don't use this to heal sore muscles. He won't ever learn anything."
    • "It is definitely afraid... since after you subdued it." The first time she just dragged it out, made it hungry and angry, but the second had been different. It fought Otoha, but it lost and now he felt scared of touching her, now that the curse was starting to grow back. He knew how to separate his own feelings from that of the course, but that didn't mean his body wouldn't start tingling when he looked into that glowing eye. He felt the curse crawling deeper into his flesh and a shiver ran down his spine that wasn't his own. usually the curse only wanted to kill - nothing more. It filled Genjis body with bloodlust and anger, to the point he'd start shivering only being near other people, in anticipation, not fear. But now it was different, the curse wanted to get away, not kill her. He didn't think that curse was sentient enough to have worries about Genjis path or willpower being affected by her, it was only afraid for its won sake. It wanted to survive, more than anything and it seemed like it thought Otoha could kill it. Maybe she could and Genji just shrugged this opportunity off.

"maybe... but not that kind... He didn't deserve that and he already suffered enough. He still is...", Genji replied remorsefully. He knew what he had done to him and that he not only hurt him physically, but ruined his life. He had nothing left and no one either, only a man that tried to kill him. "I guess the world is better off without magic..." It had been full of demons and monsters, but Genji couldn't help but think that he now was the only one left. When there had been armies of cursed beings and corrupted people, killing might have actually serfd a purpose. He could see himself help Otoha fight if that was what he added to his collection of souls, even though he saw it differently now. They were still a threat if he was to take their lives, for as long as this curse wasn't broken. Nowadays however there were only people and Genji didn't want to hurt anyone. He looked at Otoha when she grabbed his hand and took matters into her own hands. Once Genjis feet touched the ground, he let go of her again. He could have done something similar, but maybe it was better he didn't use any magic. The curse seemed to heal any corruption that might have formed in his body, but Genji wasn't sure if it maybe fed from it a little bit. "He wants to learn how to fight...", Genji reported to Otoha, unsure of what she thought about that. For now however he kept on walking and every now and then held away a big branch so Otoha could pass easily and without a care in the world.
    • Otoha couldn't say he understood any of that - the stupidity that came with being a human being was astounding, and she knew that she wasn't much better, simply because she'd lived thousands of years ... no, it was more in the hundreds, but that didn't change much. Was she loathing her own existence? Very much so, but Genji was here and he deserved her all the same as she'd always been. "Afraid? Color me stoked, that means it has some sort of emotions, right? Makes me wonder what would happen if it became a fully-fledged human ... thing. Emotions, left and right, and a conciousness to boot. But that would probably be worse, because I wouldn't be able to tell when it replaces you. Well, Mikuni wouldn't, I know, by heart." But did she? Sure, it sounded somewhat suspicious if she worded it like that, and in her own terms she wasn't exactly the most relaxed person to be honest, but she loved Genji more than herself and she'd always know when it was him and when someone was ringing up a cheap imitation of her beloved. That had to be a thing, right? A goddess, hopelessly infatuated with a doomed man, cursed by the world itself - that sounded like the perfect plot for a novel! "He's young and he has to learn that the world isn't a buffet table you can pick and choose from. Either sit there and take its entirety, or don't."

Was that harsh? Mikuni could potentially hear, but they'd gone over all of that ages ago. A goddess, ruthless and restless, in the body of a young man, lost in his own stupidity, in his inability to guess what the world could and should be. Did she feel sorry for him? Partially. There was nothing she could do about that, though, and she knew that, hell, Genji had to learn that as well. "In most cases, I'd say. Regardless, it matters little. At some point, someone will want magic to ravage this land again, but until then, I pray that we both left for the astral planes of death.", she proposed. Their oath had been clear and she had only turned into what she was right now because of him anyway. There was nothing to argue about here - it was clearly laid out, but in the end, she was just glad, she didn't have to break two legs to jump down a cliff of that size. Mikuni's body wasn't her favorite, definitely not, but it proved to be quite useful. For one, it rivaled Genjis in height, and for the other, it had everything she needed ... well, certain assets aside. "My Mikuni?", she suddenly laughed. "Fighting? He doesn't know what he's talking about, hell, he's in for a world of hurt!", she chastised the one man that wasn't there yet, trailing after Genji and ducking below the branch as best she could - this guy definitely was tall. "And? Are you going to teach him or no?"