cursebound. (Earinor & Akira)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• "Maybe you should... you should find a place to lock me in... seal me away. Once the curse has taken ahold of my whole body I won't need any food anymore. If I can't get out, I won't hurt anybody anymore...", he voiced and he didn't want any more than that. If the curse took control of him, he wouldn't notice time passing anymore either. It seemed like the best option and everything he wanted, he just didn't find anyone who would help him with that yet, or he tried to escape anyway. Otoha could keep him there couldn't she? They' just need to find a suitable sturdy place, one that sealed magic as well, something he could never escape from. The tears he cried right now were for all the souls he reaped, for everyone he ever met, even those who lived, because chances were high, he killed someone they knew, but today his tears were also for himself for once. For how fait treated him, but then again, could he complain when he got Otoha back by poor chance? He just came here to seek help, not find her.

He didn't know what to tell her or how to get out of this situation. For the years he lived, he'd needed to cry hundreds more to ever have it be enough, but that he couldn't do. He tried to eventually calm down, yet he didn't let go of Otoha, of his wife, that was what she was eventually, was she not? He couldn't imagine himself living such a relatively normal life, to marry someone and commit to children while knowing who and what he was. He wished he was what Otoha wanted him to be and who he remembered. "I'm not the same anymore Otoha, I am sorry...", he eventually mumbled, his tears drying down, but he still held Otoha close. He even pulled her up a bit more, so she could sit between his legs and he could embrace her even better. The water softly swayed around them and it grew silent. The darkness in this room was somewhat comfortable, now that he thought about it. "I'm sorry I forgot you..."
    • Not only was it not the time to cry, Otoha also felt incredibly bad for Genji - she could only soothe his dying, withering soul that was meant to continue forevermore, but she couldn’t free him, despite all those powers she had attained. It was much like a curse to her; she’d attained what she desired but had gained little to nothing from it, as she found herself unable to even give one man what he desired. Freedom. It was a barebones concept at the indomitable horizon of her expanded mind, but it was what humans like Genji yearned for with every step of the way. For a goddess, just like her, it made little to no sense and grew over her head in mere seconds as she comforted the one and only person she desired to share her life with. “It pains me to hear you talk like that. Do you truly wish to be nothing more than a vessel for a being that has no right to exist? You are stronger than that, but I fear much more exhausted, too.”, she uttered, looking at all those tears she failed to dry. Stupid was, what it was - an idiotic move from a world beyond her own, from the life of a goddess.

Her figure, if not as defined, was feeble enough to be pulled up by two strong arms - she let Genji do as he pleased and cuddled with him as she should. Even if they had no connection anymore, after all these years, they were still connected somehow. “Genji, I won’t ever hurt you and ask for you to be locked away - I will keep you in check, how’s that sound?”, she offered. Otoha cuddled up to him and nuzzled close to his chest, even in a body that never belonged to her, or anyone else, really - Genji could have it if he wished to, and she’d gladly give him every last piece of it. Mikuni would, too, if he heard about this situation - at least that was what Otoha believed more than anything else. “I’m just glad to have you back. You needn’t apologize, forgetting is human after all. I’m happy you remember bits and pieces of me.”, she mumbled as she finally leaned forward to kiss Genji - he deserved more than that, but like this, he probably was exhausted enough. Otoha caressed his cheek, now that the floodgates had closed. “Let us get you cleaned up and then we should hurry to bed, and I’ll be there for you when we wake up, my dear.” Her husband still lived, didn’t he?
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • Genji shook his head, he was serious about what he said. "I've lived longer than any human ever should... I had a childhood and after years, according to you, also a life as an adult. I had love and a family, even though maybe by that time I shouldn't have disregarded the curse like I did. However, I lived, that is enough. Why would I be allowed to live eternally while others are not? Whether I am dead or just captured by the curse doesn't matter to me. All I want is to stop killing...", he told her. "Sorry for being selfish..." Maybe she wanted a life with him and wanted him to be who he was when she knew him. Maybe she wanted to travel the world and feed the curse with those who deserved it, but Genji didn't want that. No more death, he killed enough. He killed more than anyone ever did before of that he was sure. No human, no grod, no demon, no one came close to him. He was undeserving of life, being locked up suited him just fine.

Again Genji shook his head and even grabbed Otohas wrist to keep her hand away for the time being. "No. If you could, all of those priest would still be alive. Otoha... You are the only one I can ask this from." Genji looked up into her eyes, or at least the one that clearly belonged to her. "You are the only one I can trust, the only one who would keep me there and the only one who wouldn't kill me and set the curse free." Even though he barely remembered her, he felt like this was the truth. That she'd not ruin the world, that she'd protect his body and keep him locked up for as long as she lived. She'd pass the knowledge on to a new following, she was a goddess now after all. Genji didn't expect a kiss and once Otoha made the foreign body lean forward to press its lips against Genjis, he was stunned and immedietly let go of her wrist. He forgot how to breathe for as long as it took and when she pulled away again the air that had been stuck in his lungs finally shot out. All words left his brain and he knew that his request hurt Otoha. He didn't ask her again, he simple nodded and agreed with her.
    • Alive or not, it was an astute assumption of Genji that she could use her powers for good; not only for the good of the world, but also for him. There was no way that she wasn't confident enough to seal a man within a barrier for thousands of years, to keep him away from the wonders of the world, but while was was content with doing but little more than severing all of his earthly tethers, she also had to admit that no matter what, it was a stupid idea of him to assume that everything she did came without a price. Not once did she consider to seal the curse with Genji, not in a hundred years, but even then, she had spent the time she lay dormant with nothing more than caring about herself. Times, customs and even spells had changed over the years, while a notorious demon roamed the lands and cleansed them of any human soul, and his former wife lay dormant, in the minds of few, awaiting the day she'd be worshipped as a reborn goddess. "I understand, but do you truly remember any of that? Those are the things I recall, not the ones you truly can remember. It would be shameful to rob you of a chance to live a normal, modest life for a bit, before you do what you deem your duty. How about it?" There were enough crops in the orchard that they could move up here; they could take apart the entire monastery and build it back up, just to play pretend with one another, and if memory served right - if this body ever decayed - Otoha could get another, could gift Genji a child once more.

Otohas heart barely fluttered at her idea. It was outlandish and stupid; neither of them were young pioneers in a world filled with nothing but things they despised, with families to spite. There was no need for either of them to go the extra mile, to plague a few children with the legacy of their rotten parents - they had already bestowed the gift of life upon mortal lands - there was no need to do it yet another time. "Genji, you flatter me - you put a bit too much confidence in me and nobody else, and I'm happy to hear that, but ... like I said, it pains me to even hear that request. I sadly understand where it stems from, but until I can agree with that, I want to see you live your life. Now is not the time.", she murmured. As she was let go, she chuckled, however, and couldn't help but take the dumbfounded expression on that mans face in. It was a foreign one, yet it was cute and somewhat lovable; it stemmed from the sudden touch he'd received, had it not? "Does it feel any different?", she asked. Mikuni would not want his lips anywhere near the blond, she was sure, but in a way, she was merely using her mouth to appraise what was and always would be hers. "I have something you must do for me before I shall seal you, if that is what you truly wish for.", Otoha told him. "Will you grant me that request?"
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "I will always forget. I might have had many lives, other wives, other children from which I know nothing. When will it stop Otoha? I've lived at least once, isn't that enough?", he asked her. He could no longer justify being selfish. He might have been able to before, because he told himself killing whoever he killed for Otoha was right and they deserved a fate worse than death. Demons deserved it, monsters deserved it and corrupted souls should not be reborn, but the curse wasn't picky. He took everyone in sight, everyone too close when it broke out. Butchering this new, immortal body wouldn't help, the act didn't matter, it was the souls the curse wanted, not to kill, or shed blood. If it was smarter, poisoning someone would be enough as well, but it was driven by carnal desire and Genji was sick of it. "I cannot live without killing Otoha... a month, at best, before I will hurt you, or someone stupid enough to come close to me... And the stronger I let it get, the harder it is to get back control over my own body."

There was no way for him to live. Enough have died and the day a week ago, when he reaped so many souls at once, it shall be the last. Otoha was able to save him and the world, why wouldn't she? They only found eachother, but Genji didn't want to put the world in danger for his selfish needs and also not for hers. But he knew, she would always do whatever she thought was right and she would force Genji to keep on living, with her, for as long as she could, wasn't it that? For a short moment he looked at her, before averting his gaze again. "I don't know...", he answered mumbling once more. He didn't remember how her lips felt on his own. He looked up again when she gave in, seemingly, at least a little bit. "What is it...? I'd do anything for you..." Anything but living another life with her and then another and another. She was immortal, just like he was himself. She would never want him gone if he agreed to one life. There would always be a next, wouldn't there be?
    • "There was none.", she blurted out, sounding frank an unapologetic. "I was your sole wife, the sole mother of your children - your one and only. You told me, back then, when you remembered, still. Your mind is probably foggy, lost in itself, isn't that it?", she inquired. Little did it matter, however. Genji was plagued by the world, by his own words, was barely alive as things stood, and could hardly make sense of anything. As long as everyone else prevailed, Otoha thought, it wouldn't matter if she slew the husk of the man she once so dearly loved - it didn't matter if he just closed his eyes and she set all those souls free, dooming this world she cared so little about, as soon as her one and only link to it was gone. But on the other hand, at least as far as she knew, Genji cared enough about all those frivolous idiots to let them live. "It won't ever stop, that's the worst part. I believe you are tired, done and over with pretending to be fine, assuming to be human. You are, in my eyes, worth more than an untimely end, and yet, like this, you won't even get to live out your sunset years in peace." The goddess was afraid of it all; of someone like Genji not only eventually ending it because he'd lost it, but also because he'd simply no interest in keeping himself alive, or stable. "You never laid your hand upon ... no, what does it matter? They have long since passed from old age." Their children had lived beloved, prosperous lives; it was wishful thinking, but somehow she knew.

"I shall provide you with what the curse needs, in small dosages at the very least. To keep it at bay. I shall help you slay, if you wish. It is the least I can do for someone that loathes it all." Lest Mikuni would eventually run from a man that he was supposed to stick with, that his body needed close by. Otoha wondered if she could comfort the priest somehow, coax him into enduring the pain for them all - for the greater good of mankind - or simply get him addicted to something that only Genji could provide him with. Nothing came to mind as she absentmindedly ran her thumb across her beloveds bottom lip - she smiled, still. "Remember these, then. You said Mikuni is similar to me, have you not?" Silent laughter escaped from her lips as she enjoyed the position she found herself in. Wasn't he getting tired of keeping her so close? Or was he truly missing her as well? Whatever the case, she could hardly not give him positive affirmations. "Anything for me? You are still quite charmer. My love, listen.", Otoha cooed, excited about what was to happen. "Find my ashes, find your answers. If you find one, you find the other - I shall be free if you do, and you will be with me, freed from life, from pain, from constant worry. All you need is Mikuni to show you the path, all you need to find are my mortal remains. The offspring of those we loved the most possess them." So much for instructions; but little did it matter, as she kissed the man of her dreams once more. Their fate was sealed, just like that.
    • "It's been 400 years I don't remember since I last saw you...", he answered. he didn't know if he found another life, or if he lived with their children until they too died of old age. He didn't know anything and he couldn't promise her what she thought was true, even if at some point he had promised her. He couldn't tell her what she wanted to here and he was tired of discussing his life with her and with Mikuni. There was nothing to save left. Trying to find a cure was wishful thinking and if they did, Genji would gladly die. If they didn't he just wanted to be locked away. Otoha could send her followers on a wild search, but Genji was tired. he didn't want to fight this curse anymore, he didn't want to hurt anyone, even if it meant hurting the only person he meant something to. "What sunset years...? I am over 400 and probably also over 500 years old... I've seen most part of this world. I've seen it change. Otoha... knowing I once actually lived amongst humans, as one of them, that is enough."

Why wasn't it for her? She was the one dying, she was the one leaving him alone, sneaking off without him, without giving him a chance to protect her, that is what she told him. Why was she allowed to decide when her end has come and he was not? "Are you sure I didn't...?", he asked her, he himself was not. She hadn't been there to contain the curse. "You are not listening to me... I don't want anyone else to die... and if it's not me that does the killing, then the curse won't be appeased." He furthermore didn't want Otoha to kill for him, to put that on her conscious. Why was she so cold about this? As if the lives of others were worth less than Genjis. It was the other way around. There was another kiss, one that cursed Genji to stay alive and free. One that sent him on a quest to find otohas remains, to set her free and disregard the consequences of his own death. Otoha couldn't save him, her powers were too weak, all she could do was seal him away, but she refused. Genji wasn't able to win this argument. He let go of her and nodded, resigning from his stance, once their kiss ended. He was tired and since he was relatively clean now, he stood up with Otohas new body in his arms. He stepped out of the tub and brought them over to the towels to wrap her into one. "Let's go to sleep..."
    • "It's been too long, there's no use lamenting what once was when we know what's ahead of us.", she reminded Genji, in a rather rash way. Otoha was nothing more than her own prisoner, in the body of another, and she was doing her utmost to make everything seem the way it should be. Happiness was nothing that she attained from merely watching somebody do something; her happiness was Genjis and vice versa. If it still applied for the broken man, she could not tell, but she reminded herself that his feelings were but lost to the inescapable vortex of time, one that they both were trying to defy with their very existences, albeit in different ways. "Is it truly enough for you? Are you not curious about what this place will become in a millenia? I would like to, and I'd prefer you as my companion, but I understand. If that is your wish, it is my duty to honor it.", she decided. Otoha wanted nothing more than to have Genji by her side for the forseeable future, but as he wanted it, there was none of that. Like the water was slowly turning cold, her gaze was, and she peeled back her smile to study the immortal mans features. Whatever had become of her husband was this, and in truth, he was lost in his own dreams, his own misery. She couldn't and wouldn't believe herself - if this went on, she might as well need a new one. Or rid him of his memories.

"No. You never touched your lifeblood, you didn't even consider it. Back then, you still killed ample of men and women alike, but even when you did not, I must say, the curse never reaped your own, but it also had not been transferred to them." Back then, she was but mortal, and despite some run-ins with that thing, she'd never succumbed to it. Their children had not, either, as far as she could remember, which meant, in a way, that they should be safe, even generations later. "I am listening, beloved. The thing is, I am merely providing you with options to keep you from going haywire once more, even if they pain you. Love isn't always easy, I must admit - I'd rather not have you stain your hands, but if it is what the curse needs, I am not opposed to help provide for it, to simply keep it at bay. It is rather cruel, I must admit.", she murmured. Was that really their only chance? If so, it would fall upon her and Mikuni to gather the lost souls, or rather onto the priests willingness to commit a variety of crimes, ranging from kidnapping to murder. In her opinion, he was too soft for such crass ideas, but at the same time, she was not the sole resident of this body, and therefore unable to keep herself at the forefront of all the time. As Genji let go, her gaze softened, but as he lifted her up, her eyes widened - it was much like back then, even if it was all different now. Otoha wanted to dry herself off, but her husband left her no choice and was already dressing her semi-appropriately. "That sounds lovely. Where do you want to sleep? The infirmary? Or in the master bedroom?" Father Seimeis room was bound to be spacious, but rather tacky.
    • Otoha was angry at him, angry for giving up, angry for not wanting to live with her anymore. If it was just immortality and the fact that his memory failed him, maybe he would consider it, but when he killed, that person not only died. Their soul was trapped in some place tha could very much be described as hell. As long as he lived those souls remained there too. They would never come free if it were up to him, but either way, tormenting more was nothing he was willing to do. Otoha murdering someone herself and smearing their blood in Genjis face was nothing that would help, that wasn't how it worked. He was neither a bloodgod, nor a bloodthirsty demon, the curse was after souls, nothing more and nothing less. And no, he was not curious, the world ran in circles, in fact it was less easy than in his youth. Technology changed and magic did too, but what was it worth? Genji couldn't say how Otoha was before all this. He could not say if she'd been more compassionate, but killing never seemed to be a problem for her, from what she told him.

He too had killed plenty, seemingly without regards of what that meant. She wanted that man back, maybe even a new family in another life in which she possessed a woman again. Maybe Genji didn't understand her love, because he couldn't quite remember his for her. There were feelings, but only little memories to go by. She rather hurt Genji, made him do what he didn't want to, than let him go. Love did hurt yes, and he was the one she decided had to pay the price. Genji let himself be commanded by her. He couldn't force her to seal him away somewhere and if she didn't want to do that, then he had no other choice but to continue his life as he always did. If she kept close, he had to kill others and if he didn't want to go mad he had to do it more frequent. Genji didn't want to look at her anymore and he didn't want to argue anymore either. "I don't care, but as soon as you've fallen asleep, I will leave Mikuni-no-Homare alone. That's what he would want. There are plenty of beds to choose from."
    • The mood between them had suddenly soured, Otoha could not only fear but also feel it through the underlying venom in her beloveds voice. No pretty words helped with what she was trying to do right now, and seemingly, as much as she wanted it to be something else, it all turned to shit - Genji was his own person, that much was apparent, but Otoha wanted him to be nothing more than hers, and nobody elses. To think for himself was a bad idea, and while they were at it, they could also stop him from acting for himself. Her husband had become nothing more than a shadow of his former self, and as much as she loathed to hear it from herself, she let herself be carried, swayed in his still oh-so-strong arms. Whatever she wanted of him mattered little at this point - he would not listen, for she had cursed him with yet another kiss and told him to live forevermore, as he seemingly deserved. Did he? In her opinion, not necessarily, but in reality, maybe it wasn't so dumb to clearly give him some sort of ultimatum. "Why care about him?" Her eyes widened and she sounded offended. She'd promised him to be there when he arose from his slumber, so why on earth would he care more for a man he never met before than her?

"I will be here when you wake up, and for all that has happened, I'd like you to be there as well when I rise. This body needs rest, my soul does not." If one could call her few parts something like that. Did it matter that she thought of herself of a stronger being than any human ever would be? No. There was her and nothing else. Mikuni was her brat to care about, her vessel to eventually rip apart and use for her own nefarious purposes, but for now, he was none of Genjis concern and absolutely not something of priority. "Beloved, if you wish, we can use the infirmary, but really, you needn't adhere to his wishes like that. Why care all of a sudden? You are mine and I am yours, we never cared about anyone before we gave a damn about one another. Sometimes you make little sense.", she mumbled as she watched her former husband walk back to where she'd come from. All of this was so stupid, she didn't even want him to carry her anymore - but she wouldn't protest, not for now, when she knew that every little wrong move could upset Genji and thwart whatever she had had in mind for their little rendezvous after this. He'd do her a solid favor, that should be enough, but suddenly, she felt jealous of the very body she possessed.
    • Genji was fine with the infirmary, or whatever Mikuni made of it. He started to carry Otoha there, since that was a room he knew the way to. He also knew where to find Mikunis own, but in that one was only a small, single bed, nothing Otoha would want. They haven't brought any different clothes, so Genji put Otoha in the still slightly damp ones she wore before, while he left his own shirt near the tub. It was ruined and he didn't need one right now. Maybe he'd get it tomorrow so he could continue his work without ruining another. He wore the dirtied pants however, but no boots. His naked feet carried them silently towards their chosen room. "Should I not care about your vessel? Last time he woke up, he hit me.", he told her, but apparently she always listened, so she had to know already. He shot her a short glance, before looking at the dark corridor again. He knew he loved her, the feelings were still there, but was she always like this? Was he truly who she descried?

"Haven't we ignored his wishes enough?" How would she feel if he ran around and let himself be touche by a stranger Otoha didn't know? It was their shared body after all. "I am not the same person." He told her before. He didn't only think of himself and he wondered how he did ever. He had been selfish when he was still human, that was the reason he was cursed, that was the reason he was suffering. The more he killed, the heavier the burden and that he himself, for a while, didn't care was inacceptable. He did care now. He didn't want to kill and couldn't be killed. It felt wrong to deny Otoha, to not believe her, to distrust her or call her love something else. He let it happen, either by ignoring the truth, or by not seeing it. She was selfish. She forced Genji to keep going and she forced her wishes onto Mikuni as well. She would never accept a no and with that knowledge it also felt odd, that he let all those sacrifices happen, when she could have told Mikuni to stop them somehow. Genji didn't ask himself all those questions but the bitter taste remained. He didn't say anything however, he told himself it was his fault, it was because he was different and didn't understand anything at all. In one moment he loved this foreign woman and in the next he felt trapped, maybe even used. Once at the infirmary, Genji put Otoha down on the untouched bed, which was probably supposed to be his. He left her side again to close the window, to keep the storm out and have it a bit more quiet. The floor around there was already wet. Only afterwards he returned to her.
    • Otoha could simply call it quits. She could admit to being nothing more than a jealous sham, interested in little more than pleasing Genji - she wanted nothing more than his attention for herself, and often times would rather admit that she wanted little more than his affection, especially back in the day. Things had changed and while blood didn't automatically make one a blood god, she had become more of a vile being that she could ever have been when she was alive. Maybe she should be rather glad Genji did not remember her for a second, or she should try to keep those memories away from her, every chance of the way - rather, she helped him remember and used, no, abused him to do her bidding once more. How many had he killed for her out of his own volition, and how many had he killed, simply because she'd told him that she wanted to see them dead for fictional crimes they'd committed? As little sense as it made, she was glad that her husband was a gullible man and continued to see nothing but love for her, though with a spittle of cynism this time around. What good were her powers when she couldn't even use them on him all that well? "Give him some time to warm up to you, he's shy and rather prude. The life of a priest entails little physical contact, especially between two people. Though, I admit, maybe I was a bit rash myself.", she mumbled. Had she been? No, not necessarily.

"We could have ignored all of them. He hasn't complained to me once since we switched, and I'm quite sure he notices many of those things too, even if only as some sort of ridiculous dream.", Otoha explained to Genji. Soon enough she sighed. "Maybe you aren't, but to me, you're still my beloved, one way or the other. Old habits are hard to break, dear." That sounded an awful lot like an excuse, and it definitely was one. What was worse, or maybe better, was the fact that she finally found herself back in a soft bed - she suddenly rid herself of the wet clothing and instead grabbed a thin blanket in which she wrapped her body in. That gaze of hers still lay on Genji, but it had definitly evened out and softened up, in a way. She wanted something - she'd get it, even if she had to play a good girl to even get close to it. Why wouldn't she be capable of something so ridiculous anyway? That's how she got around in life, usually. "You look like I kicked you.", she told him as she got up and looked out for the fireplace, which she fed some more gruel - firewood - as it deserved, to keep them both cozy and warm, and eventually get the cold, wet rain out of that tepid patch on their floor. "Get out of your clothes, or else the wash will be for naught. You've always been this stubborn, and you're tired, too. I know you hardly sleep, but you should at least rest your body. Why do you think Mikuni prepared you a bed?", she explained as she grabbed Genjis hand, brought it up to her lips and pressed a smile against them. "You have a journey ahead of you, and I'd rather be you well rested than cranky. A sound mind is what you need, do you remember?"
    • "I'm trying to give him time. You won't let me...", Genji reminded her. He told her he didn't want to get too close, he told her he wanted to sleep in his own bed, alone, but she insisted on sharing a bath, kissing him and now sharing a bed. He wasn't sure what Mikuni would think of it. It didn't seem like he'd be alright with it. He was a nice boy, that was true, he offered Genji tea and a bed in the same room as him, but that didn't mean that he should do whatever he liked with his body when his mind was asleep. "It must be hard to share a body with someone else...", he admitted however. Otoha wanted one thing and Mikuni another. They would never be the same person, even if their goals might align at some point in time. Mikuni was only partly right when he said he and Genji were the same. The curse had a will of its own, he could move his body, but it was different. It didn't talk to Genji, it only acted and sometimes instilled its own feelings. The want and need to kill, mostly, rarely anything else.

"I thought he is asleep.", he told her. It sounded like yet another excuse. If Genji were to ask Mikuni if he was alright with this, would he truly say yes? He doubted it and he doubted he realized what his body did while he didn't pay attention. This whole situation was odd and complicated. A Goddess with a crush, a man without memories and a young priest who didn't deserve to be put in the middle of all this. "You don't owe me anything. I realize I am different. You have no obligation to care about me." Maybe it just needed time once she realized that the only thing he had in common with the man she knew was his looks and the curse they carried. "No, I am fine.", he lied. What was he supposed to say? He told her what he wanted and yet she wouldn't give it to him. He didn't want to argue, after all, he loved her and thus he should do what he could for her, right? Otoha got up to care about the fire and Genji nodded when she told him to undress. He cast the wet and dirty clothes aside, before crawing into his bed and under his blanket. It felt good to lie down, he truly overdid it today.
    • They had shared a bed before, had spoken their minds to one another - all in all, it was an idiotic move to consider that, of all things, someone like Mikuni mattered. Otoha couldn't care less about her vessel at that very moment, but in her own defense - in Genjis opinionated defense - she could see why that sorry sap would care about those who couldn't fend for themselves; it had been the same with their children, and if he'd been around for longer than she had, he probably was fiercefully protective of his grandchildren as well. "Would you rather I lock myself in his head and give you two the time until you've gotten closer?", she asked, somewhat peeved, yet, content with the idea she was hatching. If Genji expected that kind of treatment, maybe it would be easier to just poof and disappear in a puff of smoke for the next year or so, just to see if her beloved truly held onto what she had asked of him. She didn't doubt him, but he was currently being way too caring about a person that hadn't given a damn about either of them until they learned of their existence. "I'd like another.", she officially declared soon enough, then laughed. "He's rather tame, those before him had quite the temper. It's fine, truly, even if you must hurt me like this.", she decided to admit. Was it the truth? Hardly.

"He is, but that does not mean that the reality of things will not seep through him in his very dreams. It's only natural." And eventually, he'd never truly leave them alone if he lived for long enough. He'd be a real nuisance if he did, and possibly someone that Genji gave too much of a damn about. How could she get rid of this soul within her body? Now, that was an erratic and ugly thought - one that a nice goddess wasn't supposed to have and didn't need to commit to. "But I do care, I will never not care and while you might not remember it fully, I would rather get to know the you now than have you be someone that recognizes me but hates himself more than anything. If you're deadset on your current path, it is not within my rights to deny you that.", she admitted, truthfully this time, even if she loathed it. Then again, someone like the Genji from before this time was nothing more than a bloodletting pervert, and even between then and now, he had killed a myriad of people, made them undying souls and imprisoned them alongside a demon that was doing nothing more than torturing them. It was sad, maybe disgusting, but was she any better? She rather smiled at Genji, who eventually got into his bed, even when he was lying right into her face. Otoha watched, then ruffled through his hair a bit. "Sleep well, and don't tell me you're fine when you're not. That hurts.", the goddess proclaimed as she made her way to her own bed, on the other side of the room. "Good night, Genji.", she murmured before she closed her eyes. Her eyes were resting, and that was that.
    • Genji once more didn't know what to say. Otoha acted like she was alright with what he said, but her eye told a different story. What was he supposed to do? "I don't know... I guess that should be his decision.", he answered. If Mikuni wanted time alone with him, so e it, but he doubted it. Either way, Genji huddled with his blanket and turned to his side. Was she really okay with his path? Would she help him to never kill again? It didn't feel like it. "Good night...", he merely mumbled. He didn't want to argue and he was tired. He closed his eyes in the hopes of finding sleep, but he rarely could. Still he tried, while his mind was racing. He thought about Otoha, about Mikuni and about the man he supposedly was. The man he hated for what he had done. If it was to protect, if it was the only choice to kill someone, maybe that was a reason, but even then he'd like to avoid it. Too many had lost their souls already, too many faces haunted him even now. What changed in those 400 years and when?

Eventually Genji fell asleep. He was exhausted and his body needed rest. He couldn't rest for long though. The dead haunted him, they showed him what they would make of this world if he was to died as they always did. He didn't remember ever not having those dreams, he even had them when he still wasn't aware of this curse. He disregarded them back then and there weren't many souls yet. Now it were too many to count. Even if he only killed one person every other month, it would have been quite the army already, but that wasn't what had happened. He killed far more, just like he killed every single priest in this monastery. There was no regard for any life. He killed children too, mothers, fathers, whoever was at the wrong place during the wrong time. When he woke up it was still dark outside, but the rain had stopped. He coughed as if his dream had een choking him. Stil, he tried to be quiet and for Otoha he tried to fall asleep once more. He did, for maybe another hour or two, but when he noticed the sun was rising, he deemed it time to get up for good. First he needed to dress, then maybe he should eat, but he figured he could get something while he was outside to continue his work. The earth was wet from the rain, the storm. No, what he actually did after getting up and realizing that the weather was still not on his side, was to search for fresh clothes in some rooms and afterwards he searched for that library.
    • Otoha didn't sleep, not one bit, not a really - Mikuni slept, fronted their shared body as she dallied around in their mind and kept track of things, just as her vessel was starting to be blissfully unaware of all that had happened. Why was she like this? She had been trying to distance herself from Genji for the longest time, but eventually, she found out she still loved that man, no matter what she did, she couldn't just give him up, not when he was still alive and breathing, killing her with every step that he took into a false direction. Her thoughts were harrowing, hurt her more than Genji would probably ever manage to do. Mikuni, on the other hand, was a maliable little man, one that acted as if she was his goddess and nothing else - someone he was made to serve, no matter what he wanted to do; he wasn't free, he was her vessel, if she wanted him to be or not. They both had their differences, in more than one way, and as it stood right now, they were not made for one another - Mikuni was the unfortunate kid that picked up the wrong box on the side of the road and his father had to pay the price for that, had to throw his kid to the vultures, simply to appease her - and then, Genji came along and ruined most of it, after twenty grueling years, some of which she hardly cared about.

By the time morning crawled about, she had lost track of time, control of the body, and was unable to force Mikuni back into his corner - he slept, peacefully, and only eventually rose from his slumber, when he deemed himself to be rested enough. To him, he had simply passed out when he had tried to get up and look for Genji, who had either put him back into bed or was still missing. Whatever the case was, Mikuni lifted his blanket once more and was fiddling with letting it fall back down once more soon enough. No matter what he tried, for some odd reason this was the second time he woke up in close proximity to this man and the second time he found himself naked, wrapped into his blankets, and with somewhat aching limbs. Thousands of words coursed through his brain at that very moment, but he could not form a single one as the appalling wounds directed his attention back to them, before he started coughing like a mad man. As he finished, there she was again, Otohas sweet, reassuring voice, and her plea to get up already, to do whatever his daily activities included, lest she'd be forgotten by everyone around her. Silence followed suit as he forced himself up and noticed the somewhat muddy footprints around the room - he sighed. Genji was prone to leaving a mess, was he not? Whatever the case, Mikuni got up, was doing much better than yesterday already, and put on whatever clothing he could find in the room - it wasn't much, but enough to actually cover him until he dared to brave the stairs up to his room - he mainly closed his eyes, as to not upset the man that had urged him not to take a look at anything yesterday, and as soon as he arrived there, he put all that on that he could find. Another coughing fit sealed the deal - he'd be going back to the infirmary, but before he could, he did spot Genji aimlessly wandering the halls. "Genji, good morning!", he exclaimed, rather happy to spot him. His voice sounded better. "Can I help you?"
    • Genji had in fact just found his own clothes which he washed and hung to try, before he found a random robe in a random room he could wear until it was dry. The stench of blood and gore was gone mostly, in the parts he had cleaned at least and the fire outside had stopped as well. There were still bodies left to bury, but with the ground being so wet and soaked it seemed like a stupid idea to do it now. It would dry eventually too, then he could continue his work there. Otoha wanted to stay here anyway, there was no rush. He didn't exactly know where the library was, so he wondered around and checked the bigger parts of the monastery. He assumed it to be a big library, with plenty of shelves and even more books. Old and new, handwritten and painted by the priests here. He wanted to find out their names for their graves and he wanted to read about Otoha. Mikuni had mentioned there was plenty of information about her to be found. Maybe it would tell him more about her and himself.

It was unlike him not to notice footsteps approaching him, but maybe it was due to the fact that he knew these specific ones and also knew there was no danger. Stil he was startled when he saw their body in front of him. "Otoha?", he asked then shook his head. "No, Mikuni-no-Homare, is it not?" How he stood, how he walked, everything was different. How he talked too. So cheery and oblivious and so very helpful. Not only that, Otoha and Genji alike tended to use words and phrases long lost to time, Mikuni did not. "What are you doing up?", he asked, but he told him before that he didn't want to be locked in. "The way to the baths is free now. The on to your room too. I am not done everywhere yet however. Hm... Would you mind telling me where your library is?" He looked at the boy, but actually he looked through him, tried to get a glimpse of Otoha. She listened, did she not? She probably didn't tell Mikuni anything...
    • Was he expecting her? Apparently so - he looked at him with a glimmer of hope in his tired eyes, only to apparently be disappointed by what he found. Mikuni-no-Homare could not blame him, not even once, as he tried to still smile at Genji all the same. Little did it matter to him, little should it matter to the blonde, after all, they were both expecting something else, but neither of them received what they desired. “Yes, were you expecting her?”, he desired to know as he caught up to the old man that stood there, amidst the hallowed, empty halls. Would it suffice if he gave them a sweep? Or did he have to mop the floors? It would take all day and he currently didn’t feel like he was in the condition to do that all by his lonesome. Genji didn’t need to help, he still was a guest, maybe a less esteemed one than before, but he still carried an air of mysticism and knowledge about him - one that made him so interesting to Mikuni in the first place. Soon enough, he felt trapped, caught off-guard by the same man - he sighed. True, he should give himself some rest, but he already felt better than yesterday, even if his muscles ached; everywhere, actually. Just what on earth had happened while he was passed out?

“You see, I woke up in a state of undress and wanted some clothing, so I went to my room, and I was about to head back. I’m surprised I hadn’t noticed you sooner, but I was trying my best not to look.”, he soon confessed. Mikuni couldn’t hell but take a gander, only to find that nothing was wrong - at least up here. It was still dusty and nobody had touched anything, which meant that Genji had no need to be here, either. “I can show you, I actually should grab some prayer books from there now that you mention it.” The priest stood closer to Genji now and looked into his eyes - his cheeks had a slight rosy tint to them and his lips were forming a thin line. He had to tel him, otherwise it would never stop, though, his heart raced at this very second. How was he even going to admit to any of this? It made little sense to just yell it out. “Also, Genji, I’d appreciate it if you’d not undress me before bringing me to bed. It’s embarrassing. Your customs may be different, but, uh, just because you find me passed out on the floor doesn’t mean you have to take all my clothes off … and you don’t need to wash me either. I can do that myself.”, he blurted out and averted the judging gaze he was about to receive, he was sure. But it had to be said, one way or the other.
    • He didn't need an answer to know that it wasn't Otoha using that body now, but he received one nonetheless. "No, not necessarily...", he answered. It seemed like the simply switched day and night, but Otoha was always there, wasn't she? He wondered if she was angry at Genji because of his request, or if she was still angry because he didn't want Mikuni to feel uncomfortable. He explained him what he was doing here and Genji simply nodded. "This part of the monastery should be fine for you to roam. I wouldn't recommend going outside though. If you are hungry, I can get you something.", he told him. There were plenty of fruits and even if not, the curse was so tiny right now, Genji should be able to hunt. Then again, maybe priests didn't eat meat? Who knew, it didn't quite matter, they wouldn't starve up here. The storm probably ripped some of the fruit off the trees, but there should be plenty left as well. The question was how slippery the way down the hill was with the ground muddy and soaked.

"Prayer books?", Genji asked a bit dumbfounded, but why would Mikuni suddenly not see the goddess as that. Why wouldn't he still pray to her? It was odd to think about, when Genji himself just talked to her in such an informal fashion. He didn't believe he was very religious in his life either. Even in those years he didn't remember, he didn't think he found to a god and not even a goddess was willing to help him. Suddenly Genji got shot a weird look and he looked at the priest confused. For a moment he was speechless and furrowed his brows. "That was Otohas doing. She wanted to take a bath and since she'd been out in the rain before, your clothes were wet. She took them off before going to bed.", he told him. Not more than that. He didn't need to know more than that and Genji didn't know how to tell him they shared a tub together anyway.
    • “The disa- no, I’m sorry. I’m assuming things again.”, he meekly replied. Genji was his own person, a very fine one, and Mikuni wasn’t somebody that should have the option to tell him what it was that he wanted from him. All things considered, it was quite idiotic to even wonder if the stranger was wandering around to look for something else, considering Mikuni was the only living being he could find here. Would it do him any good to shoo Genji off of this mountain as well? No. “There’s really no need. I can go and get myself something, you needn’t treat me like a small child, you know? All in all, I’ll have to brave whatever it is that you don’t want to show me.”, he admitted. This was no time to idle around, to act like everything was fine, just because he thought that, no matter what, he was doing the right thing. As it stood, Genji could do whatever he wanted and Mikuni would let him, but at the same time, he didn’t want to be coddled any more than he already was. “But I’ll let you know when I’m going to prepare some food, in case you want to join me? A lone lunch isn’t really going to lift anyones spirits.” Yesterdays grievances were all but forgotten, and any ill sentiment towards Genji was as well.

Whatever or not Otoha had conversed with him mattered little; all he wanted was some sort of revelation, a feeling of belonging, but his goddess refused to talk with him and Mikuni felt so very weird and somewhat naked, once fresh air brushed against the parts of his face that usually was hidden quite well by an eyepatch. “Yes, naturally. I can’t perform all those sermons by my lonesome, so I’m on the lookout for prayers and chants that appease our goddess, even if it is performed by a single man. Her first follower probably wasn’t much different from the way I am now.”, he chuckled somewhat nervously. Mikuni-no-Homare, albeit living proof of Otohas mere existence, was little help to any devoted man or woman outside of this convent. As he listened to whatever preposterous allegations he lay bare at the strangers feet, he blushed and his actions became rather erratic. Soon enough, he hid his face behind his own hands. “I … that is a quite outrageous assumption, but she won’t really tell me her side of the story. I’m sorry for framing you, Genji - it just seems to be the most logical conclusion, all parties considered.”, he stuttered, clutching the robe wrapped around his chest. “Could you forgive me? You wanted to see the library, yes?”