bloodbound. (earinor & akira)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• "No need to", he replied, then just watched the blonde. God, he should have left when he still had the chance to and not just decided he'd stay where he was and was going to do whatever he wanted, simply because he felt like it was the right thing to do. Should he have told the blonde that he fainly noticed his father coming home at some point during the night? Nah, why would he? It was pretty comfortable to just loaf around in this makeshift bed and yet, he couldn't help but wonder if this was enough to tip Richard off once he felt better - which he seemingly did. Was he confused, or just, uh, maybe a bit taken aback? Yujin didn't dare ask, instead, he soon found out what it was and even though he didn't want to admit it, he kind of felt a bit sore about the topic at hand - he had expected the blonde to stay where he was, just a little while longer, because all of this wasn't bad, was it now? But in the end, maybe he had taken Richard for the wrong kind of guy and all he could do was watch on as he pushed himself away, crawled out of his own bed and then said something, waltzing away. "Just take care, alright?", he called after him, as if he had to wander god knew where to actually just relief himself, but in the end that was ... whatever. The wolf sighed, yawned, then stretched himself and got up, got to the task at hand and made the blondes bed before walking over to the closet and pick out the piece of clothing he'd left.

Richard, on the other hand, probably was the one that was met with a much more unfortunate scene - well, the sight of his father was something he'd consider unfortunate to begin with. Nayantai had come home, but from the looks of it, he'd just hung up his coat - dripping wet and covered in red splotches - by the door, his boots strewn around the floor and if one were to take a glance in the next room, Nayantais remaining clothes looked a bit worse. The old man himself just sat there, almost silently at the table, and was busy drinking some sort of tea, all the while he sat there in a new set of clothes and looked a bit rugged - tired, maybe. "Did you sleep well?", the old man asked, once he saw Richard resurfacing in clothes - or at least a coat - that he'd ever think he'd see him in. Well, he was still an old man and his own son wasn't much less stubborn that he'd been in his youth, at a time where he thought that not only Thria was going to be all he wanted, but also that the throne was the most important thing in his life. "Also, do I need to know why he's in your bed and you two left the door open?"
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • Why would Richard need to take care when he was just going for a piss? Yujin was weird to say the least and Richard didn't even know what to replay, so he didn't, just rolled his eyes and knitted his brows, though nobody was able to see that. He still felt a little hot, but he wouldn't just faint, he was able to take care of himself from this point forward. Goind outside there was another problem and Richard needed a while to take everything in, but first he kind of felt like he was caught doing something he shouldn't have, but actually there was no reason to, was there? He felt like when he had taken a peasant girl back home for a night and was cought the next day, but... this wasn't anything like that anyway! While he still looked around and tried to make sense of what he saw he answered Nayantai with a stern look on his face. "Not really.", he said and eventually looked at his old man and wondered if he got even more grey hair. "He has a name and actually you don't, but it's not what you think anyway. I've cought a fever, he picked me up outside and brought me home and since you weren't here, he insisted on staying, apparently he got tired of waiting and slept a bit too. I didn't ask him to stay or aynthing though..." That was a good enough explanation, wasn't it? There was nothing more Nayantai needed to know and for what it was worth, that was what Richard wanted the story to be too.

"What the hell have you been up to though?!", he finally asked after looking at the rugged coat and the shoes that just got left where Nayantai got rid of them once more. He actually took a few steps towards the door to inspect the dripping wet coat. "Is that blood?", he asked, again not sure what he was supposed to think right now. Should he be relieved that his father wasn't just old and weak, or should he complain that he shouldn't do anything reckless, after all he was the last person remaining in Richards live. Anyway he should have focused his strength on the people who took away their family and not take it out on some bear or whatever the hell he killed or... "It's not your blood, is it?", he asked almost angry, as if Nayantai was the child and Richard the father that scolded him for doing something reckless and be so nonchalant about it.
    • He sat there, had waited, had slept earlier and still, he felt somewhat tired, miserable even - not that he was actually sleepy, or even sick, but rather, his body wasn't used to doing the things it once had spent days doing and as stupid as it sounded, defeating a bear wasn't just as easy as catching a duck. Tough, both of that required some sort of expertise and Nayantai felt like he had neither, like he'd traded all of those useful skills that he spent years teaching himself throughout his youth for some knowledge, for battle prowess and for diplomatic ideals, but none of that was useful in peaceful times or when one lost their title and was nothing more than a speck of dirt on the rest of the world. "Thought as much", he simply replied with a sigh - and he wasn't able to make Richards dreams better. Frankly, Rain sometimes helped him calm down, sometimes he didn't, but usually his mere presence was enough to at least achieve something, but now, Rain of Fhaergus was nowhere to be found and actually nothing more than a memory that he could hold onto for a little while, until even that faded and he'd have no idea how the blonde sounded anymore, or how his face looked. But alas, all of that would happen to his dead children, like it had happened to Tei and Khasar, to his brothers and his mother, and, eventually, his deceased father, too. "Oh, right. He has a name. Yujin of Silesse, no? Anyways, I'm just saying, close the door."

Nayantai wasn't one for jokes, or the one asking for actual explanations, instead, he just looked at his son and felt confused, to say the least. Sure, he could maybe try to help him cope with his pain, but that was all there was - in the end, neither of them would really understand what it was like to be, or what it tended to be like if they weren't. "Killing and skinning a bear, I told you", he replied, as if that was quite the normal thing to do. An old, stubborn man whose black hair was slowly turning gray and who definitely had had an easier time when he still could see with both of his eyes, but alas, it wasn't worth complaining about - it had been more than twenty years. "It's blood, and water, and melted snow." Nayantai stretched himself, as if he was trying to signal that he was completely fine, just tired, but then again, did he, really? "It's not mine, don't worry about it - if it were, I wouldn't be sitting here, not like this anyway." What was he? Some kid answering his enraged parent? Somehow, this entire scenario had a strong feeling of dejavu to it, but Nayantai couldn't quite put his fingers onto it. "Actually, why did you come out of your room dressed like that?", he suddenly asked. "That's not your coat, is it?"
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • Even though Richard didn't want his father to know about his nightmares, he did. How could he not? After all he dragged him out here and for quite some while Richard didn't exactly have a room of his own, rather he slept in a tent next to his father until they reached Silesse and got presented with this hut. Richard was glad he had some place that was his and Nayantai wouldn't intrude, if he were to still live with his father in a tent, he would have gone mad by now. "Yujin of Silesse, yes. You could have told me your friends are the... kings... or whatever of this place before you sent me to their fucking castle made out of pure ice by the way.", he answered, apparently he was feeling good enough to revert to his old ways, able to push Nayantai away when he'd gotten too close again. "Why would I close the door? There was nothing going on. Besides, I kind of passed out yesterday so that is actually something you should lecture Yujin about, not me." He had nothing to hide after all, they'd just happen to sleep in the same bed, so what? Why would he close the door on something like that if there was nothing to be seen to begin with? Nayantai made all the wrong assumptions didn't he?

"And wher eis it then? The skin.", Richard asked almost annoyed by the fact his father did something like that. He either was about to use the fur himself or Richard, or he'd sell it for... whatever. They still lacked a lot of things probably, so having something to trade with was probably a good idea, still... couldn't he just sell meat or fish or something like that? Actually now Richard felt bad, because he did nothing to support them, did he now? What could he even do? "You know, I can go hunt too if you need a break.", he finally said, crossing his arms in front of his body, that he was able to. Probably. He did go hunt in Adrestia at least. "Well but maybe you should have washed the blood out before it dried... when did you come back? Must have been late, went something wrong?" Why did Richard even care? Ugh, this was tiring and that even though he still had a little fever and on top of that he stood there barefooted. Then Richard looked down on himself as if he needed to check what he actually wore. "It's... it was just the first thing in my grasp.", he blurted out and then let out a sigh. "You sound like you're lecturing me. As I said, I kinda passed out yesterday, before I could change into different clothes and Yujin obviously didn't sleep in his coat, so I just grabbed it. Any more questions?"
    • Nayantai wouldn't be his father if he just ignored all of what happened to either of them and just wished that all the pain would end soon, wouldn't he? In the end, he was the one that had seen the world itself hurt and that had noticed, more often than enough, that nothing was going to change if they weren't, but all of that was for another day and not for now, when he watched all of this happen and unfold, when he tried to figure out how himself fared against all of those other people that were already tugging at him and his clothes, urging him to finally join them below the earth. "Oh, Shuren? Well, I thought they'd formally introduce themselves, but they didn't. Though, they do own Silesse ... and have a castle crafted out of ice. Nothing has changed since I left, really", he sighed. Sure, the castle had been smaller, but Shurens father hadn't been as insane as his son and he also wasn't the one that had killed most of his family, just because they annoyed him. Sometimes, Shuren was a mystery to him and he wondered how Muhan got along with him that well, but in the end, they had all grown up together, hadn't they? Time just changed people, that was all there was. "Not because of what you're thinking that I'm thinking. I'd just like to spare you the sight of me being covered in blood and looking like, well ..." Was he supposed to finish that sentence? No.

"I hung it up outside, no need to carry warm bear skin with some meat attached to it inside, especially if it's already darker than I wanted it to be." Sometimes, he cursed his homeland, as the cold had eaten itself through his heart, his head and his eyes - his fingers sometimes felt numb, at least in one of his hands and he wondered if that was, what Rain talked about when he said he was cold. Nayantai was blaming it on getting old, but frankly, it might have been because he'd treated his body like shit for years, just because he could and it wasn't dying, it was doing what he wanted it to do and that, frankly, was a miracle in itself. "A break? I'm not o- forget it. If you want to hunt, I'll show you some spots, how's that sound?" Complaining was going to get old, wasn't it? Besides, Richard was kind of right, he was running himself ragged to some degree and if he ever gave out under his own weight, his sole son had to carry on by himself somehow - even though Nayantai wanted to avoid that. "The blood already was dry when I got here, that's why the coat's all wet, too. And no, I'm fine, it went alright, it just took longer to find a lone bear than I thought it would. What about you, though? You look ... tired and exhausted, is everything okay?" Why wouldn't he care for Richard? Why shouldn't he, actually? "Alright, I understand. And I have one more question - are you hungry? Or do you want some tea?"
    • "Maybe they're used to the fact that everyone recognizes them, but hey, if I'm not to point it out no one knows who I am either, though... I guess I'm nobody anymore.", Richard grumbled and let out a sigh again. Why did he even say that just now? Sometimes his mouth just did its own thing and didnt listen to Richards brain. Anyway, it wasn't like it wasn't true, Richard was no one and even Nayantai wasn't recognized by a lot of people. Even if he would Silesse seemed like no one gave a damn about Adrestia therefor no one knew who he was with the last few years. "Err..." Richard didn't expect that and now he had all those assuptions when Nayantai thought about something completely different. Richard was at a loss for words as a moment and let his gaze wonder through the room as if to showthat he didn't care. "Looking like you're about to die on me too? I can't see the entrance from my bed and if I were waiting for you, I'd come outside closed door or not. Especially if you come home well past sundown. As long as its not your blood it's fine I guess..." The last bit was more some mumbling than anything else. Truth be told he had been worried for a bit, right? And if he was honest, he didn't want Nayantai to die too.

"I bet I can figure it out on my own, but if you insist...", Richard replied, well it would be easier to be shown where he could hunt, the rest should be easy enough and at some point he'd kill a bear too and when he'd done that, maybe he could fight Nayantai too. Nayantai wasn't that old maybe, but he sat in a castle the last few years and thus he sure was rusty, even though he brought Richard here. Anyway, his old man needed some help, lest they'd both starve eventually, right? Now Richard put his hand to his forehead and sighed. "Still got a fever, but nothing to worry about, I'll be fine in a few days.", he reported, assuring Nayantai that he wasn't going to die immedietly, he knew that sometimes he saw Rain in him and when Richards father got sick there always had been reason for concern. "Well I probably should eat, I didn't have anything since yesterdays lunch. I probably should ask Yujin if he wants something too, right? But actually I was about to go pee, so if you'll excuse me for a sec..." With that Richard left for a few minutes to do what he was actually going to. At least Yujin could go home now and if Richard was lucky he refused a breakfast, or did he want him to stay? No what would he even do here?
    • "You're you, even if that might not be worth much to you", Nayantai answered. Sure, they had no luxurious castle, no servants that were trying to please them and bring them anything they could have even asked for, but those times were over and while he had taken years to grow accustomed to just that, he somehow was happy about being able to be more like himself again. He loved Rain, yes, but he didn't care for those titles that Rain didn't want to have and if he was honest, he actually would have liked to run off to the south with him, to be someone completely else and never look back onto the things that he never thought were going to be his. In the end, he had forfeited his title as king to not only be with Rain, but also because he wanted nothing more than to be freed of his schackles, because he'd been told he should be dead and now he sat here, in good old Silesse, a speck of dust on a map that nobody could read. "Not quite, but if you're fine with it, I have no need to reprimand you, then", the old wolf said, knowing fully well that he might have prefered it to be different, but they were living in a small, crummy hut and who even cared at this point? Richard hadn't seen him at his worst, but Nayantai was fairly sure that he'd never have to, those years had gone by and he'd mellowed out, hadn't he?

"I know, you're about as stubborn as I am, but you're also incredibly smart. Still, I don't want you to get accidentally mauled by a bear." He should get up and cook something, put some of that bear meat to good use before it went bad, but he'd still manage to sell most of it - nobody cared if it was frozen stiff, actually, it would be surprising if it weren't, but then again, leaving all of that outside for too long wasn't good either, especially if it attracted hungry carnivores. "I'll trust your judgement, but if you need anything, do tell." And yet, he was a worryward, not because he thought of Richard as weak, but because he still was - very much - Rains son, despite having the eyes and temper of a wolf, the blonde hair was a dead giveaway, as much as his sons tendency to get sick was, at least sometimes. "Should I ask him then?", Nayantai wanted to know, but he'd not bother Richard any longer, instead he got up and mulled over what he'd cook - bear meat? Maybe some sort of stew? Soup? They had no leftovers, but he'd figure something out, now that he got his ass up, right? Factually, he only needed a knife and some fresh water, which, in theory, wouldn't be hard to find - he had dried herbs hanging from some strings on the ceiling, so this wouldn't be that hard. And yet, he didn't want to admit it, but being in Adrestia had its benefits.
    • Yeah I don't know...", Richard simply said as if he didn't care at all, like a teenager should. But in the end he wasn't even sure if he was himself anymore, he had changed and Nayantai probably saw that cleary. Richard had never acted out like that, wasn't angry and wouldn't have punched a stranger. Whereas he might have climbed outside his window and done something stupid, all the other things were new to both of them and Richard couldn't help it. "I won't be attacked by a bear, but if you feel better we go together the first few times. Might I remind you though, there are also bears in Adrestia and none ever attacked me." They looked different but were the same, right? But there was a difference, in Adrestia there had been woods, here... nothing really grew. "I'll ask him, don't worry.", Richard finally said, then left to actually finally relieve himself. It didn't take all too long and when he came back he went straight for his room. He noticed that for some reason he felt kind of happier than usual, even though his head still felt a little bit mushy, but he didn't quite know what to make of it. In any case his step was maybe a little bit faster than usual.

Richard didn't knock, after all this was his room, he simply opened the door and closed it again after stepping in. Maybe because he still needed to dress and didn't want his father to watch him do that. "Nayantai is home. Do you want some food or tea? Or do you want to go straight home?", Richard asked, although he mostly was angry for some reason he found his manners today. But Yujin helped him, a lot actually, though some of it rather stayed hidden and they'd never speak of it again. Richard didn't want to become his fiend necessarily, but at least for today he felt like he could be nice to him. "I see you found your stuff.", he pointed out and eventually opened up the coat he was given to give that back too. Then he turned to his closet to find something of his own to wear. He also thought about changing the neckerchief, but he didn't felt like risking showing that to Yujin, so he didn't. At least it stayed on during the night, he usually didn't sleep with that thing.
    • Richard took an awful long time to come back, didn't he? Yujin wasn't sure what those two were talking about out there, but they were having some sort of pretty civil conversation that he didn't feel like barging into. Was leaving through the window going to be appropriate, now that Nayantai knew that he was there and had shared a bed with his son? Somehow, this felt even more awkward than being found by his girlfriends parents and having to listen to a triade of bullshit about how he'd better be an upstanding young man and mean it, lest they'd fear for their daughters safety when she was with him. Now, however, Richard wasn't like his girlfriend at all and if he was honest, he didn't mind that - even though sometimes, only sometimes, all of that anger seemed to get ahead of the blonde and let him become someone he theoretically wasn't, no? "Oh, I ... should have told you. I heard him coming home last night and closing the door to your room, didn't see him though", he said, almost as if this was some sort of apology - but was it, really? Yujin could say whatever he wanted to Richard, but in the end, none of that was going to make any of this better, despite him seemingly being in a better mood, which cause the wolf to bubble up, too.

"You told me where it was so I helped myself - unless you want to keep it." Yujin had no reason to not part with his clothes, felt no need to not give them to Richard, not because he thought that this poor idiot had no clothes, but rather because ... "Don't get me wrong, but even if you don't want to wear any of this, it'll at least keep you warm as a blanket", he chuckled. Was he insane? Did he lose his mind and think a bit too much about things that made no sense to begin with? Whatever, Richard probably believed he was nuts anyway, so he didn't need to think too hard about all the other rumors surrounding him, at least that's what he thought. "I don't want to be a bother, but if you'd have me, I wouldn't say no to some food - I haven't had any since yesterday." Just like Richard, right? Not that this changed anything, he could go home and ask some of his servants to cook for him, but who was going to decline an invitation? Wasn't that going to be seen as rude? And yet, Yujin hoped there'd be no awkward silence once he sat at the table with both Richard and his father because for one reason, or the other, he felt like it would go into a direction like that. "Hmm, what do you even want to do after eating? Resting up?" That would probably be the best idea.
    • "It's fine, why would you have told me? I haven't asked.", Richard replied somewhat confused. Sure he had been worried there for a second, but he didn't express that, so why would Yujin say something. Or did he mean in order to avoid some weird situation? It was fine, nothing happened and Yujin was the one leaving the door open, though Richard didn't tell Nayantai the whole truth. He told the truth he wanted to have, Yujin got tired and fell asleep, that's all, nothing about him hugging Richard throughout the night, because he couldn't stop cryiing, that wasn't an image he wanted to have. For some reason Richard felt like he was in a better mood than Yujin, but he didn't know why exactly. Well, maybe Yujin regretted what happened and he rather forgot it too, which was just what Richard wanted as well, so even better. The blonde would just never speak of that topic again once Yujin left to go back home. He wondered if somebody missed him? Though he seemed like a person who went off on his own more often than not.

"Why would I keep it?", Richard immedietly asked genuenly confused. That stuff didn't even fit him and actually he had some Silessian clothes around here that were more his size, he just didn't want to wear it. He'd just need to be more careful about falling into the sea that was all. "I think I'm fine.", the blonde pointed out after he was given a better explanation, but he had enough blankets and furs and all sort of things to keep him warm at least in the hut. Nayantai worried too much after all. "You've stayed here and you've carried me home, I guess I do have some manners and if I hadn't asked Nayantai would invite you anyway, so if you're hungry, stay. He's not the best cook in the world though, avergae I'd say." In the end however better than Richard. Hunting was fine, he could do that, but what then? He had no odea how to prepare meat. Well maybe he was able to cook it on a stick over a fire, but that was about it and if the Animal was too big, like a bear, he wouldn't even know how to start. "I think I'm still having a fever, so yes. You can leave though, I won't drag myself outside again and Nayantai won't let me anyway, so you don't need to waste your time here.", Richard answered and after he was fully dressed again he turned for the door. "Want to go outside then?"
    • "True that, but I thought it might be something you could benefit from knowing, that's all." In the end, he just didn't want Richard to worry or think some weird shit that turned out to be wrong, all because some wolf had told him something that he now had to think about more often than not. Was he even able to do that to someone like Richard, though, or was all of that just plain imagination? This had happened because the blonde was sick, no other reason, just because he'd pitied him - and Yujin wouldn't spell that out loud, simply because he didn't want to piss him off, because he didn't want to give the impression that he thought that he was weak when that wasn't the case at all. Pain came in many different ways and right now, all Yujin could do was marble at all those ways that Richard was hurting in, mainly because he didn't understand many of them and also because a lot of them felt like they were here to stick around, not like empty promises. "If you want to give it back, you can, I'm just not going to take it from you, that's all", he elaborated in relation to the coat. In the end, if Richard only asked, Yujin was sure he'd give him whatever he wanted - but why? This was getting absurd and he was sure that his head hadn't been as swampy as this before - he definitely caught a fever, didn't he?

"I can deal with average food, but I'll see for myself - it was pretty tasty the last time, that I have to admit", Yujin suddenly declared. What had gotten into him? It hadn't been bad, but it wasn't as spicy as he was used to and if he thought about it, all of that just meant that - one way or the other - he'd figure something out for himself, or find an excuse to add more spices if he needed, right? In the end, he didn't want to disappoint Nayantai or Richard, not after being invited and not after being told that he was being served a homemade meal - that was reason enough to just accept all of it as it was, right? "Makes me wonder though, how can you stand thrian food? Isn't it too spicy?", he suddenly threw in, as if he was trying to get the topic to change, to get his mind off of things and stop it from being so fucking awkward. Wow, he really wasn't helping anyone with whatever he was doing, was he now? What a shame, though, he felt like he was frozen in place. Just for a moment, though, before he tailed Richard. "Outside outside or just out of your room?" Gods, his hair probably was a mess, actually. "If I want food, I can't hide myself away, can I now?", he chuckled.
    • Yujin was acting kind of weird, didn't he? Well maybe he tiptoed around Richard because for once he hadn't screamed at him and actually was in a good mood. That was rare and maybe Yujin didn't want to ruin that, which made sense. Richard was not feable and weak though, now he felt like sometimes people acted very careful around him, or was that just his imagination? "I... as I said, I don't need it, if it's too much to carry home we can find you a bag of some sorts.", Richard replied, wondering why this still was a topic, he already said that he had no use for it. Why would he keep it? He still didn't understand, he didn't need to steal a coat to have a new blanket, even though it was warm. If he needed anything, Nayantai would probably try to get it for him and maybe Richard could start earning some stuff himself, however that went on here. Maybe he could carry some boxes at the harbor? Then again he didn't want to be around town very much. "Are you alright? You look kind of pale.", Richard finally asked after gifting Yujin another glance. Maybe he hadn't slept well?

"Good then.", Richard said, Yujin was a prince after all, but Richard wasn't into all too fancy food either, he dealt with whatever Nayantai gave him and it was fine, he wasn't picky. All that stuff that was possible to make out here was more his taste anyway, he'd been used to it whenever his grandfather or Nayantai took him and Dayan for a trip. For now he finally opened the door of his room to step outside and lead Yujin to the table he knew anyway. Richard sat down on his usual spot. He remembered that he still couldn't eat with those things... maybe Nayantai just made a soup then it was probably fine. "Too spicy?", he asked already in Nayantais presence who still was occupied preparing something for them. He shot him a short glance and asked himself if he sometimes was unfair to him and at this very moment he wondered if he could be happy here. But his nightmares would haunt him again eventually and made all of this bleak and lonely again. "I mean Nayantai always cooked like he does? I've eaten his food before, so I'm used to it.", Richard replied, not knowing that he probably got somethign else than actual Thrian food. "And I meant outside to the living room, or whatever we call this. I told you I won't go outside outside as long as I've not shaking odd whatever I've cought."
    • Maybe the warmth had gotten to him, after all, he lived in a castle made of endless ice and he didn't exactly know what warmth meant, especially when he could feel it and was huddling up around some fire. This, however, was different. He had pressed another body against his own all night and he'd made sure that Richard was warm, had slept in all of his own clothes and then again, he wondered what it meant to be who he was, what he was supposed to do, now that he wished he felt feverish himself. It didn't work that way, he was sure, but somehow he still felt a little bit odd, didn't he? His heart was beating in his chest, his skin was warm and all of that felt odd at best. "Oh, no, I can carry it just fine, don't worry. I'm just saying, but if you don't want it, I'll just take it back home, no hard feelings", he laughed, joking about it. Did it hurt? He didn't know, but he'd been declined, like he was some sort of trickster that couldn't do anything but make all of this worse for everyone. Yujin didn't want to think about it for too long, he only shook his head. "I'm fine, just a bit hungry, that's all." But was it? God, this was going to be hard to explain, wasn't it? But in the end, he kind of had doomed himself, especially if he considered that he was the one that had offered his help.

They both headed out of Richards room and while the blonde plopped himself down on one side, Yujin avoided the spot that Nayantai had sat at the last time - he didn't want to take something like that from the old man that currently was trying to cook something up for them. Sure, a kitchen wasn't exactly a foreign concept to Yujin, but it was to some older thrians and all of them just tried to make do with what they had, even if their stove was basically a fireplace that had some sort of pot hanging over it. What else could they do, though? There was no need to try and attempt something outrageous and there also wasn't any need for them to have the fanciest of cuisine - they never did. "Well, thrian food is - at least in comparison to adrestian dishes - considered to be really spicy", Yujin said, but for all he knew, he could be talking out of his ass right now, especially since he never did have any adrestian food to begin with. This was all he had, right? Everything that he could deal with and would deal with. "Oh, well, you're right about that. Well, your father would know what he cooks, right?" This was getting awkward, now that he thought about it. Was Richards dad purposefully feeding him watered down version to spare him the coughing fit? Or was that all in his head? "True, I'm just a bit confused it seems."
    • Did Yujins laughter seem weird and out of place? Maybe a little bit, Richard wouldn't know, after all he wasn't sure he was able to laugh himself anymore. In the end there was nothing to laugh about right? There wasn't much entertainment in his life maybe except his newly found... whatever he was, he was following him around at least. Richard didn't want to go as far as to call him a friend just yet, even though Yujin probably would call Richard one. Or did he? He had punched him in the face quite hard and it still showed, on both of their faces actually. Yet he also made Richards hair look ridicolous - though he meant it in a nice way - had picked him up outside and stood watch over him while he slept. He even comforted him and saw him at his very lowest, which wasn't really something Richard wanted to be remembered of. "Nayantai how long will it take?", Richard eventually asked, since Yujin had expressed his hunger. Maybe he could give him something else while they waited? There sure was something somewhere.

"I don't know, I had stuff which was cooked in the castle and stuff Nayantai cooked. It's different I guess.", Richard answered, but he grew up with both of it and didn't necessarily miss either. "I miss sweets... a little bit. Though I never ate much, but I know I won't get them here so... " Why was Richard blabbering anyway? Didn't he want to stop that around Yujin? His expression grew darker, but mostly because he was angry for himself to be an actual nice guy right now. He actually still wasn't comfortable to being that but apparently Yujin was good at digging this side of him up. "Didn't you sleep well?", Richard asked, inspecting Yujins face, he seemed a little more through the roof than usual, right? Though usual was a strong word for someone he had met twice in his life. "Anyway, do you want some tea?" Richard stood up again and didn't wait for an answer, instead he joined Nayantai in the so called kitchen for a brief moment and took the can of tea and two cups he prepared. With that he came back, sat it on the table and poured each of them some.
    • Was he getting nervous or was all of that just in his head? Yujin had no idea, but whatever it was, it threw him out of loop and knowing himself, he'd usually give a damn about his hair, about his appearance, but now most of his clothes - except the outerwear he took from Richards closet - was wrinkled and crooked and he was sure that, aside from his still swollen nose, there were dents from the fur and fabric he'd slept on for a bit too long and pressed his face against in said face. Wasn't that somewhat sad? Instead, he let his eyes wander and then he figured that it wasn't the best move to make, especially if he was just making do with what he had before him - if Richard had been a prince, a crown prince even, wouldn't he feel better in that castle made of ice? Still, there was no need to argue now, instead, he sat there and heard the old wolf sighing, once the man had heard his name being uttered. "A while", the gruff sounding voice just responded, seemingly being occupied with cutting the meat that he found before him and not even granting the two of them a glance. Was this what Richards life was like all the time? Whatever, none of his business, right?

"Well, we'll see - I don't even know that much about adrestian food, actually", he admitted. He'd read about it and sometimes, he'd been served something along those lines, but alas, that had been about it, especially now that he thought about it - and incidentally, he'd never asked for any of it to be on his platter, he'd just gotten what was there at whatever time and he complied to that. "Oh, like chocolate? Or do you mean a whole cake?", Yujin suddenly asked. Actually, if he remembered correctly, he'd had some of those, but only because someone had brought some gifts, or asked them to try certain things - not that they were customary in Thria, instead, the only thing they had akin to sweets was hard candy, that actually didn't have that many flavors, but it was easy enough to make out of some honey ... if you could find any in this frigid wasteland, that was. "I slept just fine, no need to worry about me in that regard. No idea, maybe I'm still half asleep - I'll wake up eventually, though." Why wouldn't he anyway? There was no need for him to, there was no reason to think twice about it all and then, when it all boiled down to nothing, he'd find out about something, wasn't he? Now, it was silent again, but Yujin didn't like that - at least Richard seemed to have the same idea. "Yes, please!" But the blonde already was pouring him a cup - how thirsty could he be? A lot, actually.
    • Well that had been a short answer by Nayantai. Well anyway, that meant that Richard had to entertain Yujin for a while as it seemed and that after he actually wanted back to bed eventually. Sitting here wouldn't make him any better, but at least he'd get something to eat soon. Afterwards he'd just sleep this off, whatever it was and then maybe got a little bit more careful with his training. After all having to lay down all the time didn't help building up stamina either. Richard sighed though, at least he wasn't the only one not talking much and he wondered if he sometimes reminded Nayantai too much of Rain, or maybe of the fact that the wrong son had lived. Well whatever, the weird glancce he shot him didn't change anything and Yujin would just ask a lot of stupid questions again, so Richard decided not to bother with Nayantai too much. "There is more variety in Adrestia. But mainly meat and fish is fine by me.", Richard explained. Fruit was seldom here, maybe some specially grown vegetables that were able to survive out here or that were nurtured near a warm place, but there wee not apples or grapes, no nothing actually.

"Mh... chocolate would suffice. Or some cookies maybe.", Richard mused, why was he even thinking of that? He'd never eaten much sweets anyway but he kinda missed them now, that was odd. Maybe he also just wanted something else than meat and fish, as contrary to wait he had said earlier. "You shouldn't have mothered me that much. What can go wrong when sleeping?", he chastised Yujin all of a sudden, but had it been necessary to stay awake and watch over him? No not really. Richard wasn't sure when his nightmare woke him, but up until then Yujin had been awake right? "No need to get so excited about some tea.", he eventually let out after pouring the liquid. Yujin was always weird though, right? But aside from his still swollen nose he looked actually a little bit more than tired, though of course Richard wouldn't know how he normally looked after waking up. Still he reached out his hand like Yujin did yesterday and felt the temperature on their forheads in comparison. "You idiot...", he finally grumbled and rolled his eyes while taking his hand back to himself. "Don't tell me you are getting sick now too."
    • Even to Yujin it didn't appear as if Richards father was a man of many words, that had been quite evident when he spoke with his parents - Shuren was the one that had talked mostly, Muhan had occassionally thrown some commentary in there and the one that barely talked about anything but rather confined himself to some sort of short answers or not really elaborate explanations had been Nayantai. In the end, now that he considered what kind of strain both the old man and Richard had put on their relationship, the wolf wondered if there even were any redeeming qualities within those two or if all of that was just in vain. Then, there was silence, at least for a little while and Yujin himself felt oddly comforted by the fact that the table was right in front of him, that nobody was calling out for him and that it, somehow, was snuggly warm in this hut. He'd caught something, hadn't he? Gods, he was pathetic. "Adrestia does have different climate, though. The only places that can actually grow something useful is Daein at Wezettes border and whatever is bordering Alster. Jehanna is too close to the south to produce anything useful, or something that would survive the way down here and anything else pretty much grows in Silesse with a bit of effort ... and insanity."

Silesse was barren, like an empty canvas, complied emptied out and full of ice and snow. Sometimes, people had the bright idea to accept shipments of soil, to try and sow something that would be native to this area, a warmer one or something like Fhaergus, but that was about it. In the end, all of it just got assimilated - Thria became what it didn't need to be, just because and most farming efforts in Silesse were, frankly, in vain. Was this what it meant to be without the option of free choice or was this all that had been there, in their little world, to keep them save? "I could ask someone to snag you a shipment, you know?", he suddenly blurted out. Cookies would be hard and their consistency that of a brick until they got down here, but everything else was going to be fine - especially chocolate, which wasn't going to melt anyway. "Me, mothering you? I just was watching out for you, that's all. I slept well, thank you very much", Yujin resisted, but he didn't actually get the chance to dodge Richards stupid hand and now he sat there, sighed and grabbed his teacup. "I'm not sick, I'm just not used to the warmth", he argued, just as he gently shoved Richards hand from his forehead. Though, that conversation didn't go past a certain someones ears - and the old man put aside the knife, rid himself of his gloves and put one hand on Richards forehead and the other on Yujins, only to sigh, pretty much exasperated, once he touched his own. "Go back to bed, both of you. Now."
    • "Well my father made plans to build some kind of houses in Fhaergus, for plants to live through the winter...", Richard suddenly mused, after all his dad had been the Duke of Fhaergus as well as the king and he was smarter than most other people in Adrestia or Thria. Once he had the confidence to do things on his own and the power to try some stuff he had some ideas over the years. He probably didn''t even only think about Fhaergus, but also Nayantais home, but the wolves probably weren't that much into something like that, after all they'd just started to build houses for themselves. In any case, Richard wasn't even sure if the materials would survive the long way up here, but what was still possible were some flowers in the house, right? Though... how to get them here. Did seeds die in cold weather? He didn't know and actually he didn't want to plant anything, did he now? "That reminds me... my father imported a plant from the south with red fruits once... even Nayyantai found them very spicy." Why was he thinking about the past so much all of a sudden. He sighed again and his expression grew darker, that was annoying and he blamed the fever. Besides, everytime he found a good memory his heart literally started to hurt and he was about to cry because he also was remembered that everyone except Nayantai was dead.

Richard sipped on his tea, that kept him from spouting nonesense and it also felt good to be warmed up from the inside. His throat felt better too when the warm liquid made it's way down to his stomach. "A shipment? For chocolate? I mean... I'd take it if it were to lie around..." Though he wasn't quite sure how to pay any of this. This was ridicolous, he had everything he was very much rich and now he didn't even know how Silesse worked. Currency wasn't something everyone used here and what was he to trade? He grew grumpy again the longer he stayed awake and had time to think about all sorts of things. He felt pretty pathetic if he was honest. He rather told Yujin that he was an idiot for getting too close and get sick as well. Wasn't he making a similar argument than Richard was yesterday? Before Richard could say anything else though, Nayantai waltzed over to force his hand in Richards face, well and alos Yujins. Nayantai seldomly gave orders like that, at least to Richard and hew raised an eyebrow. It wasn't that bad, was it? "And the food?", he asked, but he'd get it when it was ready, right? Actually lying down sounded quite nice, but... "It isn't that bad I told you. Besides I'm pretty sure Yujin have to go home at some point."
    • "That sounds like a good idea, actually, but I'm not sure if anyone in Silesse or Thria as a whole would appreciate them as much as adrestians", he blurted out. The idea wasn't bad, but that also meant that they'd have to introduce something new to already unwilling people, wasn't it? Yujin couldn't think of a time when the people of Silesse actually took what their ruler had offered them and even when Shuren had assumed power, he, according to Muhan at least, had been met with some resistance. Come to think of it, he'd never met his grandparents or that one uncle everyone kept talking about, but it didn't bother him too much - they most likely perished in the war and there was nothing else to say about that. "But it's nothing my brother or father would say no to. You might as well try and suggest it, how's that sound?", he suddenly said to Richard, but he knew that talking his way out of the situation, especially with that gleeful smile of his, was futile. The talk about things that Thria had or didn't have and the assumption that Nayantai was going to just sit idly by had been wrong, but now he was the one that wondered why the old mans hand was as ice cold as it was, especially when it touched his forehead. "Red fruits? Sounds promising."

Yujin was scared of saying something wrong, of declining a gruff old man that had been nothing but nice with his actions but somehow scary with his words to him, yet, what was this feeling that all of this emitted to begin with? What did he know and why didn't he know any better? Silence was all that remained and happiness was nothing that would soon overtake him. Instead, he sat there, frozen in place and just watched what Richard was doing. "You can eat that in bed when it's done, I'll bring it over", Nayantai said, knowing that eating food in bed was reserved for times when they all were weak, too exhausted and too sickly to go anywhere - and yet, he himself looked pale, not because he was sick, but something else seemed to creep up inside of him. At least Yujin thought that. "He can leave when he feels better. I don't want any of you to wander through the snow, or the house for that matter. You both are still scalding hot and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't exhaust yourselves, so shoo." Yujin got up, just nodding at the fellow wolf. Well, back to bed - but which one? "Uh, I don't want to cause more trouble tha-" "You aren't and now, stop with the excuses and get going. I want neither of you two walking around, actually." He shot Richard a glance, almost helplessly and then just took a few steps - he wasn't feeling too bad, he didn't need to lay in bed, did he?
    • Their conversation was cut short, wasn't it? But oh well it didn't matter anyway. The plans of that invention where lost in Adrestia and now that the king was gone, no one would entertain his silly ideas anymore, would they? No one seemed particulary thankful towards Richards father, not the wolves who got their lives back and not Adrestians who also didnt need to supply the war anymore. There was peace and no one seemed happy about it. Richard hadn't noticed but looking back his father probably had more enemies than friends, didn't he? Why let them live though? Kindness didn't go a long way, that much was certain and yet Rain had always been nothing but. Idiot. But again Richard was thinking about all the wrong things while actually Nayantai was the one still here and looking at him with a somewhat weird expression. Eating in bed was fine and all but Richard got an odd feeling all of a sudden and his remaining father looked somewhat sick himself, didn't he? His hand hoewever was cold, or was it the fever that made it seem that way?

Nayantai hadn't spoken to Richard like that since they came here, not that he was offended but usually he was awfully nice and maybe a little bit sad. Yet now he seemed to really want to get rid of both of them and maybe the reason was that he didn't want to have the kings and his friends son be sick in his own house, because of his own son, after what had transpired last time anyway. Richard couldn't make much sense of it actually, but he felt like he'd better not talk back anymore and just do as he was told. Yujin was weirdly worried about causing trouble though too, Richard would have thought he was cocky towards everyone. All in all that was a very weird morning. Richard would have told Yujin that Nayantai could relay a message, or that he could carry him back home, a place where he probably rather was when he was sick, but something told Richard that Nayantai wasn't going to do that, or at least he wasn't going to ask him to at this very moment. "If you need any help...", Richard mumbled not very friendly, but in the end just unsure what to do with this morning. Then he grabbed the can of tea and his cup and signaled Yujin to follow him back into his room. There he sat all aside, but before getting back into bed he opened his closet again. "Do you want to change out of those clothes?", he asked him, they had kind of the same size, right? Richard already wore somewhat comfortable clothes instead of what he usually wore.