bloodbound. (earinor & akira)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• What was he sitting around for, though? Nobody was going to come back like this, but alas, the past stayed in the past and if he was frank, this was just what the gods had in store for him for not believing in them, right? Rain was gone, his children were gone and none of that was going to change, even though he was allowed to keep one single person - the one that loathed his own existence so much, it seemed, that he changed from one day to the other. Could Nayantai even do anything about that? He should get out of here, try to regain a feeling in his stupid hand and not let himself be confined to this hut, therefore, he just went and once he came back, there still was no sign of Richard - there rarely was. Sure, he seemingly had a disdain for him to, for existing, for saving him, for not doing anything but what was one wolf going to be able to do when all the fingers were pointed at him for being too close to Rain anyway? Nayantai knew nothing about that, only knew that the person he loved so much never wanted to be king and yet he was, until his dying breath. He grumbled something to himself, wondered why it was that he was the one that survived them all, that always did just that and then wondered where he could go, only for the door to creep open and Richard to show up. Nayantai would have asked what was wrong with his face, but it was painfully obvious that his apology had been taken ... a different way. "An eye for an eye, I take it. Or well, a nose for an eye", he simply said and then moved onto the things that he had wanted to tell Richard in all actuality. "Your best bet is leaving it inside the hut, close to your fireplace. Don't get it wet, that includes wet clothes to clean it, when you leave it outside", he said toward his son - sure, he didn't fancy swords, had no fucking idea how to wield them properly, but Caelan had made efforts to at least get him to be able to use them. Yet, he was still barbaric about any ways of fighting - but he wasn't the one that was skewered by a multitude of spears and still standing like some sort of scary monsters. "It's stupid, but maybe it serves as some sort of motivation: If you can get past me, I'll let you go back home. That means, beat me in a fight - if you can." Richard wouldn't be able to, that was the thing on his mind, so ... that meant that he couldn't go anywhere, either.

Yujin had other plans, in the end, what was he to do at home? Scour the library for some stories, try to beat either of is parents in some game or just prove to someone that he wasn't as stupid as he sometimes acted like? All in all, he had some options but none of them were great or to his liking. Rather than that, actually, he wanted to enjoy himself for a second, think about all the stuff that he couldn't really put into words and then, he just went off, like that, without telling anyone where he was going, when he was coming back - none of this meant anything and all of this was something that made no definite sense. Decisions weren't his to make and the world wasn't what he believed it would be. Sure, there was nothing much to think about and all in all, some things just seemed nonsensical and stupid as was, but what for, really? He spent some time outside, figured he could pick up his coat at some point and when he didn't, he just postponed it to the next day like it wasn't a big deal. Was it, though? Or was all of this just something stupid that he made up, an excuse that wasn't even his to make because he wanted his clothes back but then again, he also wanted to annoy Richard? On his way there, to actually meet the blonde and probably piss him off once more, he took a detour, just for fun, to see some things and as he walked around a bit, who did he find? Richard. Well, at least one of them was trying to be diligent about his worth ethic and Yujin wondered if it wasn't boring to lash out at thin air or something along those lines, but ... why not approach him, then? "You good?", he suddenly asked the blonde that seemingly was trying to catch his breath. "Or do you need some help?"
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • There he was, having a possibility to get back home, to not have to hide the fact he wanted to and sneak away, Nayantai would let him take ship or he would help Richard get past the icy desert back to Adrestia. Then again was it really? Richard didn't even try to attack Nayantai right away, to have a fight with him outside, because he knew, that if he couldn't even beat someone like Yujin, he couldn't begin to dream about beating Nayantai. So he took off to do what he did now, train, as if his life dependet on it. Did Nayantai know what Richard wanted back in Adrestia? That he didn't want the throne he was supposed to have and only wanted to inflict the same pain on those who had taken him everything? Nayantai should have been the one doing that in the first place, yet he was here, keeping Richard prisoner and give him a glimmer of hope that actually wasn't one. He'd beat him though, somehow, even if it took weeks or months to get to that point but Richard would eventually. As if knowing Richard wasn't able to right away anyway, Nayantai had left this morning and told Richard he'd be out a while longer, to find a bear or something, he needed more fur, a bigger piece of it than that of a rabbit. A bear! Richard wasn't sure if he'd survive a fight with a fucking bear, how would he beat Nayantai then? What he told Richard about the sword didn't help either, what if he needed to go somewhere? He couldn't always leave it at home and it was getting wet a lot due to the constant snow. Well, he'd figure something out, for now his sowrd training was always up first, then he had no problem.

Richard coughed, his throat was dry but eventually he looked up to suddenly find Yujin next to him. "I'm... fine...", Richard panted and forced his body to stand up straight again. Another cough while he was still trying to catch his breath. The air felt as if there was no moisture in it and it was so terribly cold, but Yujin didn't need to know that right? "I was just... well I don't have to explain anything to you!", he blurted out, stopping his explanation midway as he realized that he could just go on with his business, without bothering with Yujins presence. Richard turned his head to find the landmark he had used as his starting point, to determine how far he had run this time around and he wasn't pleased. Everything hurt, almost every muscle since he had done nothing but train the last few days. Even getting out of his shirt at night was painful, but that only meant it worked right? It was weird that he was able to sweat out here, but still he wiped some of it from his forehead and got rid of some strands of hair that were bothering him. The ribbon Yujin had put in his hair was gone already. "I'm... kinda busy... what do you want?", he asked and still couldn't form a sentence without a pause in it, but he at least had to run back. As far as he could and then back, that was his routine.
    • He'd come all the way here to see this marvelous display of someone being ready to cough up his fucking innards and if he'd been a bit more sadistic than he was, he'd thrown Richard down and made his life even worse than it seemed to be right now - but who could withstand the urge to rearranges someones face if they already looked pathetic enough? Who cared, though - he had no need to, not an ounce of desperation in his body to truly give a damn about the things that were going on right now, instead, he let the blonde catch a breath and just watched him as he went on and on and had stuff pour out of his mouth. "You just look out of breath, that's all", he suddenly commented, scratching the back of his head. Anyone would be, especially if they forced their body to do things that weren't even necessary. Sure, Yujin had done his fair share of that, but he still looked completely average. "Are you a masochist or something?", he blurted out, looking at the blonde that willingly seemed to go to lengths that his body didn't necessarily approve of, especially now that Yujin brought up one of his hands to Richards forehead. "Man, you're scalding hot", he suddenly expressed, while he let the other hand touch his own forehead and eventually took both of them away. Blondie was sick, wasn't he?

"So much for ice prince, that forehead of yours could probably cook an egg", Yujin informed Richard as if he didn't know himself. Whether this dude was really sick or not, though, was none of his business and the fact that he had just come out here to seemingly announce all of that in one swift go, well, was he insane or something? The wolves eyes followed Richards gaze - so he was running around like a madman, with a possible fever and therefore - most likely - a cold and wondering why his lungs were acting up like they were full of sand or dust all of a sudden. "I didn't ask for an explanation, no need to get mad." Wasn't this bastard ever going to get tired of picking himself apart or was all of this in vain, possibly because the two of them were nothing but two idiots that didn't share a care in the world? Whatever came for them seemingly didn't matter, but the fact that someone as unaccustomed to silessian weather as Richard was going to lengths like these, well, it only served as an example of stupidity and unwavering determination that, one way or the other, was going to bite one of them in the ass. For now, it was Richard that seemed like he was going to fall flat on his face and pass out in the snow, though. "Came to pick up my coat, actually. I thought I'd take a detour and who do I find? A melting ice prince."
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "I... am, I was training...", Richard still panted, he'd be fine in a minute, it was normal to get out of breath like that, he wasn't his father who only needed to take a step outside to look like this. "I'm not. Just training... nothing much is coming from doing it only half... heatedly.", he explained, his gaze firm and in disapproval as Yujin reached out his hand all of a sudden, to randomly touch Richards face. What was it with him always being like that? Why did he even do that just now? Yujin was a pain in the ass, wasn't he? "I'm not.", Richard hissed and pushed away Yujins hand from his forhead, he had no business there, actually why was he even here and why couldn't he leave Richard alone? It must have been hard to not annoy im for multiple days, but now he stood here didn't he? "My body just got heated up while I was running.", the blonde explained, no need to worry about, if he had a fever after all he'd know it himself, right? And even if he did, it was none of Yujins business.

"Just go get it then... the door isn't locked, it's Thria after all...", Richard mumbled and took another deep breath, he needed to run back and if he was lucky Yujin was slow and wouldn't catch him. He wore those stupid clothes, so they at least would hinder him, right? Probably tangled up his feet and fell. Maybe he'd break more than his nose this time, which still looked awful, much as Richards face and the black eye he had received. Richard made an effort to start running again, but instead he suddenly got dizzy, his world was spinning and he was the one landing in the snow, not Yujin. He landed on his knees, wanted to catch the rest of his body with his hands but slipped and landed face flat on the icy surface. As he tried to look up his field of vision was still narrow and he let his hand move to his forhead himself now, trying to see if he really did have a fever. Wasn't he an idiot? Yujin probably was about to laugh at him...
    • "Torturing yourself, got it", Yujin answered. For some reason, he felt like just putting his hands on Richard and helping him breath somehow, telling him that it was fine if he sat down for a bit, caught up with his lungs and then moved on - all of them did stupid stuff, all of them tried weird shit from time to time, so it was only logival that at some point, they'd fuck up somewhere along the way and it would be naught to try and punch in so much more time into things that made no sense at all. "And yet you're exhausted, take a break - you won't be doing it half-assedly just because you need a breather", the wolf reminded him, but it probably was going to fall on deaf ears, especially when Richard seemed to be overtaken by his very own frustration. Nothing much happened after that, though. "I think I know the difference between a fever and a warmed up body from extensive training and trust me, in your case, it's not the latter." Yujin was chastising the blonde to one degree or the other, but really, why shouldn't and why wouldn't he? It made no sense to just play pretend, as much as it made no sense to come up with odd things to prolong this situation. Was Richard ever going to admit that he felt bad, that he needed some rest too, or was it all up to Yujin and just grab him, drag him away from his own stupid decisions?

"Why wouldn't it be locked? Don't be silly", he sighed all of a sudden. Even though crime was rare and almost nonexistent, Silesse wasn't an exception and despite everyone knowing almost everybody, it just was a farfetched assumption that nothing could happen out here, especially just because of something silly like that. Why wouldn't people hold back when they had the opportunity to do whatever they wanted? "You're hopeless", he expressed as Richard trtied to put some distance between them and found himself falling down, his body giving in to sickness and in the end, all Yujin could do was walk over and crouch next to the blonde. "You do have a fever, I told you." And with that, he scooped the fallen body up from the snowy ground, held him in his arms and stood up - well, Richard wasn't exactly a lightweight, but he'd make do somehow and that, very much, meant that he'd have to bring them both back to his hut because he couldn't just kidnap someone sick like that. Yujin just made his way through the snow, carrying the blonde like that - he wasn't going to accept any protesting, neither from Richard or his own body, so he better hurried up and brought both of them home. "You're stubborn."
    • There was nothing Richard could do but let himself be picked up by Yujin. He never wanted to be like his father yet he couldn't do another step without the help of a wild wolf. Yujin seemed genuenly worried, for whatever reason, told Richard he was sick and that he needed a break, but all the blonde wanted was to go home to Adrestia, to ensure justice was served for what had happened. He couldn't do that while lying in bed. Richard let himself be helped, though he didn't have much of a choice, but at least he didn't let himself be carried as a whole, rather he leaned onto Yujin who wouldn't let go of him anyway. "He said... he'd let me go home if...", he mumbled, again wondering why he even enclosed any inforamtion, why didn't he just shut up when Yujin was around as had been his plan from the beginning? "I can... walk on my own.", he then said, coughed again, but didn't try to break free, he just tried to get more of his weight on his own two feet instead of Yujins shoulder. Maybe going home and laying down didn't sound so bad and tomorrow when he was better he could continue with his training. Though what was it that had him become sick? The icy water or rather the cold that had surrounded him the days after? He couldn't live here and never go out, he was supposed to deal with the cold better than this, right?

His vision was somewhat blurry, but he would have found his way home on his own, still Yujin insisted as it seemed and in the end the little hut came closer and closer, Richard hadn't gone too far from it anyway. He let himself be helped without saying another word, because he felt like it was no use anyway and he needed his breath to keep going. The cold air still burned like fie in his lungs, something that wasn't supposed to happen, he had the right genes after all, didnt he? Richard wondered how high his fever was and he also wondered if this had happened because he had been stupid once, or if he was about to be sick for the rest of his miserable life here. He hoped this was a one time thing, in the end maybe he just cought something from Yujin his body wasn't used to yet, some sickness only spreading in SIlesse. At least Nayantai wasn't home right now only to treat him like a little child, or like his dead husband who had been sick so many times and almost always on the brink of death.
    • Why not help somebody in need when he could? Wasn't a king supposed to take care of those around him, supposed to care for his vassals and people and then make them feel at home? To be frank, though, Yujin was no king and Richard was no pupil of his, so even thinking about that was wrong, one way or the other. What made it even worse was the fact that he could think about this all he wanted and the only answer he'd be able to procure was the fact that, while he gave a damn about Richard, he really didn't want him to be closer than he needed to be and that was something that he himself kind of didn't actually understand. Did he want to know something, or really anything about Richard or was all of this just the nagging curiosity in the back of his head? "He? Your father? Why would he let you go home?" Yujin was confused, but maybe Richard had pestered his old man so much that he finally caved in and had told him that he could go wherever he wanted if he did something, whatever that was, really. In the end, he had no idea and the mere thought about it was strange. Where would Nayantai let him go and why would he let him go anywhere to begin with? "You can't, if you could, you'd not have fallen flat onto your face right then and there, you dork", he scoffed, knowing that Richard was trying, but no one ever got anything from trying too hard.

In the end, Yujin was happy to see the hut that the blonde called his home right then and there and he was also happy to bring the two of them over there. The blonde had been right, nobody had made efforts to even lock the door, it just was closed shut and so, Yujin just pushed it open and wondered if that meant anything to anyone or if he could be silly enough to think that all of this was, without a doubt, just his own stupidity taking root in his thoughts again. The wolf formed a beeline to Richards room, to the blondes bed and once he arrived there - having shut the door they came in with his leg - he placed the blonde on said bed. Again, he put his hand against Richards forehead, trying to figure out how bad the fever was, but alas, this could be anything - so he had to get the fever down somehow. "Do yourself a favor and get out of those stuffy clothes - where's your sleepwear?", he suddenly asked. Not, that this was going to be a problem or going to kill Richard, but it wouldn't feel nice to wear dresspants and a shirt to bed when he was clearly not feeling like himself, or at least not well enough to spout enough nonsense. "I'm going to get you a cold cloth for the fever, anythign else you want or need?"
    • "He thinks... I won't be able to...", Richard explained mumbling, his throat was dry so it got even more annoying to speak. In any case, this wasn't something Yujin had to know anyway and he didn't understand all of it, because Richard hadn't told him all. Why was he so often thinking out loud with not enough context for Yujin to understand? Maybe deep down he did need someone to talk to, but he wasn't ready to let anyone too close, in the end they'd just vanish again, or Richard did. Why would he start a life here if he wasn't about to stay? "I just slipped...", Richard gave back but they both knew it was a lie. His head hurt like hell actually, now that he was forced to take a break he noticed and he didn't fancy it. Maybe some sleep would help, sleeping it away was the best thing he could do, right? But it annoyed him that he got sick in the first place and proved therefor that he wasn't fit to live here... it was only summer, how would the winter get?

When they finally reached the hut Richard let himself be helped inside and eventually on his bed, if one was to call it that. In the end it was just a huge pile of fur and so many pillows, Richard asked himself if there were any left in Silesse, or if he owned every one of them. Nayantai probably wanted to make up for the lack of a real bed and a matress, all the fur just lay on the floor, though it was soft enough. Richard looked up when he got touched again, his eyes teary as he looked into Yujins. He wanted to say no just becaue, but in the end that sounded like too much of a hessle, so he nodded and started to unbutton his shirt. He also pointed at the closet with all his stuff in it, Yujins clothes were in there too for the time being, so they wouldn't get dusty after Nayantai took the effort to wash them and the cold finally let them dry. "You don't have to do this...", Richard said while he wrestled himself out of his shirt. His muscles hurt due to his way too harsh training and his bones did, because the fever wasn't just something he could shake off. The shirt just stayed on the bed with him, it would wrinkle soon enouh but Richard didn't want to move. "Just bring me some water and I'll be fine for the rest of the day... I won't go outside again... promise..."
    • "Then you've got to prove him wrong, but you can take your time with that." Nayantai didn't seem like the type to act like that, but what did Yujin know? From the outside, both of his parents seemed calm and not like who they were beneath, so maybe it was just normal for people to have a nice facade on the outside and the more one peeled those layers of, the more rotten the core was. Wasn't he the same? The only person that came to mind that wasn't like that was his older brother, who was just best described as timid and soft and not fit for the role he had been born into, even though, maybe he was and just no one was willing to admit that because they knew that it was stupid to think about. "If you insist", he mumbled as a response, but soon enough, Richard didn't seem willing to fight him anymore, he just sat there and did as he was told - he could take orders without biting back, which shouldn't be much of a surprise, but Yujin was, in fact, surprised. Who cared, though? The blonde was sick and once he recovered, he'd go back to being the asshole he'd been before, at least that was most likely - a fever changed people for a while, not always but sometimes and then they'd go back to their insufferable selves soon enough. "I don't but I want to. I told you, if you need help, I'm willing to offer it."

And yet, the blonde seemingly complied - Yujin smiled at him, maybe that was going to make it more bearable, but something told him that it wouldn't and any and all effort that either of them made in that regard was going to be in vain. Surely, there was a time for everything, but right now, it just would be good if he got Richard to lay down and sleep a bit. "I'll take your word for it", he answered, walked to Richards closet and picked out his clothing, just to hand it over and take that shirt from him, he'd have to wash that, after all, it had soaked up most of the sweat and that meant that someone had to wash it out. "I'll be back in no time", he replied, shut the door to Richards room behind him and then tried to find a piece of cloth and anything that Nayantai could have used to bring water into his hut, which turned out to be a wooden bucket that neatly sat in some corner around the kitchen. Well, where the hell were their cups? Now, he felt dumbfounded, only to find some made of what looked like clay stashed away in the kitchen, grab it, fill it up with water and then he shoved the cloth he'd found in there, let it soak up the water and wrung it out to some degree, before bringing both of those back to Richard. Yujin just barged in, didn't care if the blonde was in the middle of changing or not and then just asked. "Anything else?"
    • "I... I'm trying to...", Richard answered, but that had been painly obvious, wasn't it? If he was completely honest to himself he knew that he overdid it and he probably should have noticed himself that his body had reached its limit, but he simply didn't want that. He wanted to be able to be strong and not some meak little noble from Adrestia who had no place anywhere. "I still don't understand... anyway... Nayantai wil come back eventually and... take care... of me..." Richard got tired and was sure he was able to fall asleep any second now. His head hurt and burned, his cheeks were probably red and he generally felt like crap. Somehow he was sure Yujin wasn't going to leave anytime soon, but for now he took the clothes Yujin had gathered and watched him leave the room. Richard fought himself out of his boots and pants somehow, while Yujin was an awfully long time away, not that Richard would have minded. Once he finally managed to get rid of all his clothes but his underwear, he just wanted to take a short break and let himself fall to the side and onto the mountain of fur. Without even noticing he fell asleep in a few seconds, not even waking up when Yujin barged into his room again to bring him the water he had asked for. Richard was tired for many reasons and at first it seemed like he was finally having a good nights rest.

But there it was again, the scene that haunted him, his family dying, his brother reaching out for him and the eyes of the man who wanted to kill Richard. Only this time he didn't wake up, maybe because his body wasn't ready to flee back into reality. The sword hit him, though missing the most vital points. It still hurt and knocked him off his feet. It felt like forever until he hit the floor to lie next to his siblings who've been killed by now. He heared the door opening, or rather it was forced open and the wood smashed against the wall as it swung open. Whoever had attacked Richard was fleeing out of his sight and in his stead Nayantai appeared. Richard almost couldn't see him, his eyes were filled with tears as he wanted to speak, to ask about Dayan and about what was going on, but when he opened his mouth blood was the only thing pouring from his lips, so much in fact that he almost choked on it. A hand was grabbing his own and moving it towards his neck. A distant voice told him to press his hands on the wound and he did. Nayantai vanished and Richard frantically searched for him in his narrow field of view, he didn't want to die alone. In retrospect he knew that Nayantai had checked on the others, on his own son and the twins. Richard wondered if Dayan had lived if Nayantai only would have looked after him first.

Richard woke up, tears in his eyes and sweat all over his body, either from his nightmare or from the fever he still had, but needed some time remembering. At the first moment he didn't know where he was, what time it was and what was going on. He felt like just waking up after the assasination, somewhere completely different on the way to god knew where and alone all of a sudden. Richard wanted to sit up, but his body gave way, his heart still racing as if he was dying right here and now and his whole body aching.
    • There was no arguing with Richard, huh? In the end, he seemed to always want to have the last word and once he didn't, he just made something up that would let him have it. No wonder that that got tiring at some point and soon enough, Yujin found himself standing in a doorway and found Richard unmoving on his bed, having fallen asleep right then and there in the few minutes that he was gone. He sighed and still put the cloth on his forehead, but he put the cup aside - and mainly because he didn't want to spook Richard, whose clothes he just took with him to ask Nayantai where to put them once he came home, put a blanket over the blonde and then sat himself down at the kitchen table and waited for what felt like and endlessly long time. Richards father wasn't coming home, no matter how much the weather or the time changed as it seemed and eventually, he was just pacing around between one room and the other, sporadically checking on Richard and changing the cloth, or at least washing it out and putting some more water on it to help fight the fever, but he couldn't do more than watch the blonde in his restless sleep and wonder what it was that he dreamed of, what it was that he found himself fighting against, even while resting.

In the meantime, it actually had started snowing outside and Yujin wondered if he actually could consider this something akin to summer or if it was all in vain and applying adrestian logic to thrian weather was insane, but alas, he left it at that, wondered if he was trying diligently enough to make all of this work - and yet, there was no sign of Nayantai showing up or Richard waking up. Was that stupid? Was he just trying too hard, or should he just stay put? Whatever, he'd be at ease if- ... well, why was he feeling uneasy in the first place? Those two could care for themselves, he didn't have to be here and yet he was, yet he endured his stay and frankly wondered where this was going to take him. "Are you feeling any better?", he asked after a while of just looking at Richard as he eventually moved over to him and put his hand onto his head. God, why was he suddenly acting like a mother hen that was scared of losing someone that had never been dear to her to begin with? "Do you need anything?", he whispered, but alas, Richard was sweating and ... crying? Yujin crouched down, brought one of his hands to the blondes eyes and wiped the tears away. "Everything's fine."
    • Suddenly Richard saw himself confronted with a dark figure and long dark hair that showed up beside him. Too small for Nayantai, though he for some reason was caring for Richard and he reached out his hand to grap the wrist that was coming awfully close, actually wiping over his face. Apparently he had been crying without noticing it. "Dayan...?", he asked still a little bit confused and imbued with sleep. But slowly he remembered where he was and what his live had become to. He wasn't in Adrestia anymore and although what he had lived through just seconds before had been a dream, it was also reality. Dayan was dead, as were the twins, his father and even other people that died a long time ago. He was alone in a god forsaken country, only for this random stranger to still be here, although it was dark. Richard let go of the strangers hand only to notice that he was trembling and among other things almost naked. Almost panicaly he reached for his neck, but the fabric was still there, covering up what hshould have killed him. Slowly everything came back to him and he dived more and more back into reality and away from his feverish dreams.

The words that stemmed from Yujins lips didn't reach Richard, he needed a good amount of minutes to remember how he got here and who Yujin was in the first place. Then he asked himself why he was still here when it was already dark outside, shouldn't he go home? Whatever, it didn't matter, Richards head still hurt, his throat was dry and aching and he was terribly cold, even though he at least had a blanket wrapped around him. On top of that he couldn't stop crying, at least tears still ran down his cheeks, without him sobbing or anything, this was strange, but Yujin who he still looked at kind of surprised wasn't supposed to see him like that, so he wiped away the tears with his arm and averted his gaze. "I... I'm fine...", he let out, his voice scratchy and dim. "You should go... home...", he mumbled and once more wiped over his face with his arm, but that didn't help. Eventually he simply covered his face, buried it away from any prying eyes. What was Yujin supposed to think about him now? Richard who wanted nothing else but being strong and yet he fainted in the cold and couldn't stop crying.
    • As expected, Richard wanted to stop him in his tracks, but Yujin had other ideas and therefore found himself stuck in hell itself - at least that was what he liked to call it. He had been called by a name he didn't know, at least not one that actually was his and he wondered what it was that built itself up in the blondes head, if it was the fever or just him talking complete nonsense, that led him to all of this. "No Dayan here, sorry", he mumbled and shook his head, but continued to wipe the tears out of Richards face. As it stood, the blonde was sick and unsettled by the dream he had been dreaming - there was no need to tell him that his father still wasn't home, or that he had no idea where he was, or that it was just the two of them stuck in this hut because the wind carried around so much snow outside. What was he supposed to do, who was he supposed to impress? God, he didn't know and for one reason or the other, he really didn't want to think about it. Silence was the last thing he needed, but Richard might have been the one that would have needed at least a little glimpse of hope, that found himself doing things far out of the ordinary for him, now that he was sick and calling out for the dead, at least Yujin assumed he was.

"It's fine to say you aren't", he said, as he had to take his hands off of the blonde and instead moved one of them to his back, softly stroking over it in an attempt to provide some sort of comfort. Richard had been right, he was not willing to let go, to move on, not like this - and all of that was just fine, at least in Yujins book. Truth be told, he could try as he might, all of this had to happen one way or the other, didn't it? The wolf didn't care, instead, he just listened to Richard for a while and then he shook his head, despite not being able to be seen by anyone. "I think I'll stay here a little longer, just in case." What else was he supposed to do? Get up, run off? No, instead, he just watched and eventually moved himself up, toward the bed and put his arms around the blonde, hugging him in silence for a while. Yujin didn't want to invade his privacy, wasn't willing to force him to do anything for or with him, instead, he just sat there for a good amount of time before he finally opened his mouth again. "Do you need something else? What about the water you wanted earlier? Or do you ... just want me to keep sitting here with you?"
    • He didn't let go of him, the stranger that called himself Yujin, that had followed him around even though Richard told him to stop over and over again. Why was that? Why was he so focused on the blonde and seemingly his well being? He didn't know him, since he first saw him not wven a week had passed and now he sat here, stayed in this hut to care for Richard because he had gotten sick and Nayantai was nowhere to be found, out there somewhere to do something dangerous and probably to be alone himself for a bit, to think and grief. After all there hadn't been much time, there hadn't even been enough time to get over Rains death. Richard was stupid wasn't he? He hated all the wrong people for all the wrong reasons, including himself. In the end, either because he fell into the sea and hadn't taken Yujins coat when he had offered it, or because he had pushed himself too hard and refused to wear clothes fit for this weather. What he had from this was a fever that felt like cracking his head open and a stranger at his home that saw him in a state never should have ever seen him. He wasn't immune to his nightmares and his weakened state right now only made it worse and it made it harder to maintain his attitude, his cool and anger. He was too tired to fight. Yujins words were nothing new but true, Dayan wasn't here, no one was anymore and for some reason saying something like that that was so obvious made it worse.

He wasn't fine, hadn't been since he woke up somewhere in the middle of nowhere, with a hole in his neck and not knowing what would happen in the next days, weeks and months. But he didn't know Yujin, didn't know what he would do with all the vulnerabilities he just showed him, what he would use it for and next to it Richard didn't want to be like this, weak, crying over things he couldn't change and all of that in front of a stranger. He hadn't even been sobbing before, but now it felt like he was cracking. He couldn't do anything else but sit here and hide his face, hoping all of this was still part of his nightmare. He felt Yujins hand on his back and it somehow felt... Nice. Maybe he removed hinself too far and now even that comforted him somehow and it came from a men he didn't even know. Somehow he was glad Nayantai wasn't here, he thought Richard was weak anyway. That he needed protection and could do nothing against his old men, he saw his father in Richard. In the end Richard felt Yujin come closer and he didn't know why he let him hug him in the first place. His head felt hot, he war tired, tired of everything. Maybe he just needed to admit that he wasn't as strong as he wsnted to look and Yujin had seen right trough him from the start. Richard let him do what he wanted, he had no chance anyway and it was too late to try and pretend. "I just want to sleep...", he mumbled, not remembering when the last time was he didn't sit straight up after he woke up.
    • Richard was hopeless, wasn't he? There was no way to protect him from things that had already transpired and the only thing that time could do for him was trying to let him heal, even if he didn't want to. Maybe the entire assumption that this world moved on without them was stupid, or maybe it was just idiotic to believe that all of this could happen without any of them interfering, but it had. As the world went, it had changed and as people changed with it, situations changed. Yujin couldn't help but pity the blonde, not because he was weak or even unable to push his body further, but because there was no way for him to pretend that all of this was fine, there was no chance for him to even come up with something that didn't sound incredibly nonsensical. Silence was out for the two of them and the whole reason any of them were pretending anything was, most likely, because they didn't want anyone else to see. What was Yujin to do with someone like Richard, someone who had been swallowed whole by the entirety of his nightmares? Gods, he had no idea, so he just sat there, hugged him and rubbed his back, as if any of those actions were going to change something - as if the world wasn't rotten, wasn't torn apart and they weren't sitting in a snowy little hut, somewhere outside of Silesse and waiting for something, for someone to come and just clear their mood.

"Sleep?", he suddenly asked and he wasn't sure if he could provide Richard with that. Sure, he could try and get him to lay back down, bring him some more blankets and clothes to keep him warm, but that was all that he could do - Yujin wasn't able to magically put the blonde to sleep, to force him to fall for cheap tricks and then just pass out, he could just do what felt right and then give it all up. "I mean, you ... we could try? Do you want me to stay here?", Yujin wanted to know, but before he even could take no for an answer, he mentally hated himself for even asking. What was he doing? Richard was no child and he was going to catch whatever he had if this went on, wasn't he? But he couldn't just run off and leave the blonde all alone in this hut, lest he got some sort of stupid ideas - which meant he didn't need to wait for that answer anyway. Yujin kicked off his shoes, now that he still sat at the bedside and then moved himself into the makeshift bed, pulled the blanket over both of them with one hand and used the other to gently press Richard down, to stop him from having to sit up, crouch over like that and hide his face from him, just because he was crying. The one thing that the wolf didn't do, though, was let go of him, he was still hugging him like this and it felt almost embarrassing. "Are you still cold?"
    • Richard felt worse the longer he sat there, not only because of all the chaos inside of him, but also because his head hurt as if his brain was pressing against his skull. His throat was dry and scratchy, he couldn't breath through his nose and to sum it up, he was a mess, inside and out. Yujin wasnt supposed to see this, he would have been better off not coming by Richard only to scratch him from the floor and care for him. The blonde wondered why he didn't just go home, met his friends, or his girlfriend, or whatever he did to pass the time. Now he was here, hugging a complete stranger that was nothing but mean to him, staying at his side until it got dark in case something happened or Richard needed help. Generally the blonde always mistrusted those who were overly nice, that hadn't changed. There had been a lot of people who simply wanted a piece of the crown prince of Adrestia, that wanted power, or money. In the end he probably needen't fear that anymore, after all he got nothing left, no castle, no crown and definetly no power. Yujin was a prince himself, one that hadn't fallen, that still had all of his belongings and his riches, so there was no reason for him to be nice to Richard in order to gain something only he had, right? He had nothing after all. Still he wasn't sure what this guy was about, on the other hand now they sat here and Richard couldn't do much about it anymore.

Richard wanted to sleep, yes, but falling asleep wasn't the issue, not today when his head felt like burning and it was hard to open his eyes because of all the tears anyway. He was tired, but falling asleep didn't necessarily mean that he'd rest. There had been no night without a nightmare, no day passed without Richard being painfully reminded of what had happened, no wonder he couldn't get better like this and no wonder he constantly was on edge when he didn't sleep for weeks. Even after falling into the icy sea or pushin his body to its limits nothing changed. He fell into bed and had to relive that moment over and over and over again, all the while he tried to hide it, hide the fact that he couldn't get a good nights rest. Would it help if someone was with him? Someone in this case bein Yujin? Richard didn't know but actually he didn't want him to do all that for him, he still didn't want anyone to come near him, but he also was way too tired to argue. Yujin didn't wait for an answer anyway, just got rid of his shoes and softly pushed Richard back to have him lie down again. He was still hiding his face and clenched his teeth as if that would help him stop crying. It got better though, still his eyelids felt heavy and his eyes were still teary, not fit to be seen by Yujin. The question almost pushed Richard out of the loop, just because he wasn't sure how he'd answer without sounding like a sick child. He was cold and still shivering, though he wasn't sure if it had helped when he had dressed, or when he got another blanket. He was pretty sure the fever caused this feeling and let him shake a little as well as it made his body ache. He shook his head, not making a sound, because he didn't want to find out what would have happened if he had. He also didn't want to get up again, to find a shirt or anything of that sorts.
    • What was he going to do with the likes of Richard? The blonde was obviously sick, seemed to have other things on his mind and yet he drifted back to where the two of them were, found himself caught up in a loop of things, or so it seemed - and Yujin could only watch and offer some support, not knowing what to do with the rest. Maybe it was foolish of him to think that Richard cared, or that the blonde even knew himself at this point, but Yujin didn't know either, did he now? In the end, the two of them found themselves at a crossroads, at some point where anything that usually was familiar wasn't and where all of the things he thought would be good for him weren't. What was this, if not torture and what would it be, if not his own downfall? All he could offer were his condolences, his empty words that weren't meant for anyone and that would only fall onto deaf ears, but he wanted to hear none of that, frankly, he only cared about making all of this a bit more endurable for someone that just woke up and couldn't stop crying, that seemingly didn't know what to do with himself and all of that was fine, wasn't it. "It's alright, you're not alone", he whispered at the blonde, as if loud sounds could hurt him, or disrupt the weird moment they were having. What was this, really?

He'd have to leave at some point, someone would start to worry, especially when all he had said about this was something along the lines of, he'd pick up a piece of clothing he'd left, then he'd come home - and had not specified where he was going. Sure, there was going to be someone that wanted to know what the fuck was going on, where their prince was, or why he was craddling someone in his arms that had lost so much, but soon enough, Yujin took his hands off of Richard, just for a second, and slipped out of his own coat - if one could call it that - to pull it around the blonde and secure it with his own arms, lest it would fall off. Now they were back to him hugging Richard and he wasn't sure if he was still shivering or if that was just his imagination - even though he was terribly hot. "I'm not going anywhere", he suddenly declared, as if that was of any importance. "You can fall asleep whenever you want and I'll still be here holding you when you wake up, alright?", Yujin mumbled, he'd lost his marbles for sure now, but else was he supposed to do, now that both of them lay under the same blanket and he was the one that felt responsible for the sick, crying guy in his arms? Whoever would laugh at him, he didn't care - nobody had to know about this and if he was honest, as long as Richard felt better somehow, he wouldn't mind doing this.
    • All of this was ridicolous and Richard never intended to be in a situation like this. If anyone was to care about him when he was sick, it should have been Nayantai, but Richards body had decided to crack as soon as he was away for once. Maybe the reason was that he didn't allow himself to be weak if someone was able to see it and his body took the opportunity that he was alone, only for Yujin to randomly come by and pick him up. Richard was too tired to argue, too sick to send Yujin on his way, because he wouldn't let him alone in this hut when nobody else was looking out for him. He probably also feared that Richard would just get up and do something stupid, like picking up his training, though at the moment Richard didn't want to get up at all. Yujin even talked to him and tried to comfort Richard, though he wasn't sure if that worked. He wanted to disagree, he was alone, at least he felt that way and it was better being that than having to loose someone again. Richard was almost an adult, he would have been king by now and yet he was still a child in fact, too young to be forced to endure what he did, too young to see his family ripped out of his life and almost be killed himself. He couldn't deal with it and when he thought about his grandfather, who had been not much older when he lost sight of the love of his life, he didn't deal with it any good either. Maybe his family was just bound to loose everything they had at some point in life, didn't his father too?

For some reason it felt awful having Yujin move away for a second and yet he only offered Richard his coat once more, or rather gave it to him this time without asking much. It was getting warmer a little bit, but Richards head hurt too much to assess any more. Instead he really tried to sleep, not sure if it was helping that Yujin was here or not, but he wasn't going so far as to hope for a night without any more nightmares. He was at least tired enough to fall asleep after he calmed down a little bit more, his body was unable to stay awake for much longer, not in its current state. He didn't fight for his right to be alone, he didn't ask Yujin to leave and he didn't care that his credability was for naught after this, though he could always put the blame on his fever, right? Unintentionally he may have leaned onto Yujin during his sleep, but other than that he barely moved for quite some while and when he did wake up it was only for a few minutes and in the time it took remembering as to what was going on he had falles asleep again. He didn't know how late it was when he finally woke up for more than a few seconds.
    • What was he supposed to do? Just move, leave once Richard fell asleep or watch him like that and contemplate why he was doing it? Yujin had no idea, instead he stayed where he was and kept holding the blonde close, as if the world around them would fall apart if he didn't - as if nothing was going to matter once they gave up on something like that. Sure, they had each other, but really, how well did they even know one another at this point? It was stupid to believe that any of this was for them, or right with them, instead, they just seemingly were there to make life endurable for one another in this moment and if Yujin was honest, he didn't mind, not one bit. Though, it seemingly didn't take long for him to fall asleep from here on out, Yujin needed a while to even comprehend what was happening and if he could just decide on this without even asking anything. Sure, he'd have to come up with something, would have to devise a plan about how he got out of trouble if his parents asked, or if he should get up to close the door, but in the end, none of that was worth it, especially not when someone was sleeping in his arms and had looked like he was going to give out or give up any second, everytime he just had shot him a single glance. Was this what it meant to be miserable beyond recognition, or was all of that just in his head?

He fell asleep eventually, once he felt like Richard was resting easy and there was no need for him to go anywhere any longer, simply because silence was all he knew for a while and even when the door creaked open, Yujin didn't even care. Sure, a piercing gaze met the back of his body, but from the likes of it and the faint way it shut the door to Richards room, it was Nayantai, who most likely had more questions than answers to what was happening right here and right now. Though, the wolf wasn't as tired as the person he held in his arms, still, yet, he dreamt of entirely different things and once the sun made its way through the blanket of clouds above, he was wide awake - who wouldn't be if a raging ball of light was shining in their face from the heavens above? Apparently Richard, who'd come closer and seemingly nuzzled up to him and now he was the one that had to play the waiting game, so much in fact, that Yujin actually took the time to shove some blonde strands of hair out of Richards face and yet, he still went back to hugging him eventually. Was this supposed to work like that? Was he imagining things? Making up weird shit as he went on and on in his head about how this was perfectly normal, that nobody was flipping out about his absence and that he wasn't doing something that friends wouldn't do for each other? "Oh, look who's awake!", he almost breathlessly chuckled as Richard slowly but surely woke up. "Are you feeling any better?"
    • Richard was met with Yujins shining attitude as soon as he woke up and he blinked a few times to see where he was and what was going on. The sun was shining into his window, so apparently he had made it through the night without another nightmare, at least he didn't have one he remembered. Yujin had been no dream apparently, he was still somehow hugging him and Richard thought back to what had happened when his fever had been higher than it was now and his mental state wasn't nearly as composed as he had wanted it to be. Otherwise he wouldn't have let this happen and now he wasn't sure how to deal with this situation. It would have been rude to not thank him, after all somehow he did help without wanting anything in exchange, but Richard rather forgot this ever happened and it would be best if Yujin did too. Richard wasn't even sure what he was supposed to think about this now. "Y...Yeah. Thanks...", he mumbled and pushed himself from Yujin . Now he remembered that he had been to tired to dress again and only now he saw Yujins coat draped around him too. Damn why was this idiot so nice to him?

"I... need to pee...", he pointed out, that was the only thing Yujin wouldn't offer his help with... hopefully. It gave Richard a reason to fight the coat and the blanket off of him And crawl out of the makeshift bed at the footend, so he didn't have to crawl over Yujin. He didn't particulary care if Yujin saw him in his underwear, but it was cold, as always and because there was nothing else around Richard grabbed Yujins coat to drape it around himself like a gown. "Where is... ? Why...?", Richard wasn't sure why Yujin was still here and were the hell Nayantai was, he should have just brought him home and then go about his way to let Nayantai deal with his son. Instead he was still here, did that mean Nayantai didn't come home? "Nevermind... I'll be right back...", he mumbled obviously a little bit flustered and unsure as to how he should deal with this situation. For now he removed himself out of the room, still a little shaky maybe, but better than before. Richard was also worried a little bit, if Nayantai didn't come home, where was he? Sure Richard didn't want to be close to him right now, but if he were to be eaten by a bear, Richard would have probably cursed his own stubbornness, besides what would he do then? Yujin probably would beg Shuren to adopt Richard right away as his new brother, but... that wasn't really an option. Richard closed the door behind himself after he had left the room and Yujin in his bed - that sounded weird - to actually go pee, but he also wanted to see if Nayantai was home or not.