bloodbound. (earinor & akira)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• How long until they got to the ladder and how long until he gave up on trying to be nice, trying to act like an idiot and just showed the blonde that he was made of anything but the worst? Playing nice had always been his strong point, he wasn't like his father, who found so much enjoyment in others pain, he sometimes inflicted it on those who deserved it for fun, but all that was ... well, that wasn't worth his time, so why should he and what did it even get him, if anything at all? Yujin shook his head, apparently only to himself rather than at the blonde, but all in all, this wasn't what he wanted and this wasn't what he'd end up getting anyway. So, where was all of this going and why was it happening? It was dark as hell out here and no matter what he did, or at least tried to do, it seemed like it would only lead him further down to hell. "No, I know no strangers, though. What I'm saying is, if that helps you with your frustrations, who am I to decline? You said you'd push me off of a cliff if I continued to talk this much bullshit and so I let you, I mean, I'm fine." Not that it seemed to help, simply for the fact that Richard was the one that was wet and pissed off now, but at least he wasn't thinking about whatever had plagued him before, or did he?

"Bandages don't fix mental pain, though", he suddenly blurted out. They didn't even help in a case like this and they never would, so what kind of purpose did all of this serve? Was it just to appease the sheep that had been dragged all the way down here by his father against his will or was it all in vain and he was just doing something to feel better about himself rather than help Richard with anything. God, he didn't know and Yujin wasn't about to test his luck, not when they got close to where they were supposed to be going and he already spotted the wooden ladder that led up from the ground, all the way back onto the hills. "I wouldn't be, I'm used to it - but you aren't and that's alright." He couldn't do much except reassure Richard that this here was fine, even now, when they were both soaked, close to freezing and wouldn't be able to stay out here for long. So, where was all of this going to lead and why was there nothing that either of them could do about it? Up the ladder and then, where exactly? "Arikin? I could tell you, but I'm sure that your father would rather explain that. I mean, it fits you, no doubt about it, but ... well, I guess that's eastern wolf names for you." In the end, Arikin sounded nothing like his name, or that of his siblings, but it felt in line with Nayantais own who, despite being raised in Silesse and born here, had a name of different origin, so it all fell in line. "Look, I don't know how much you know about your wolf heritage, but your wolf name fits with Nayantais - they're of eastern origin and are more common around the borders to Adrestia and in the middle of Thria. My name is, well, from Silesse, therefor of western origin, and both of my parents were born and raised down here. The name isn't bad, that's not what I'm insinuating, I'm just saying that if you don't feel like using it, you shouldn't. Different part of Thria, different traditions."
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "You're crazy...", Richard pointed out with a sigh, but for some reason who grew tired of being angry at Yujin, there was no point anyway, since he didn't care, or didn't notice in the first place. Maybe he also saw trough Richard and knew that he just didn't know what else to do than being an asshole. At the very least he did that because he didn't want any friends for multiple reasons. He didn't want to lose anyone anymore and every fricking wolf reminded him of Duyan, yet no one would be able to be like his brother. He didn't want to be here so making friends would only want to make him stay and deem it better here than it was and on top of that, being angry helped with not being sad all the time. Pushing this guy away however didn't work and so Richard was about to give up and let this man do what he wanted with him, what else could he do, lest he actually killed him? "Not many visitors here, huh...?", he asked with a deep sigh this time. That would only mean that everyone would stare at him for multiple reasons, didn't it?

"You can't fix that anyway and don't try to make me forget, I don't want that.", he replied, maybe if he was more honest to himself and to Yujin, he got rid off him and kept him from ticking him off even more. Wouldn't Dayan have acted the same way? He wasn't as stupid and crazy as this specimen, but he had been a nice guy, always wanting to help and he never had left Richard behind. Whatever it was he wanted to do, or was allowed to, he didn't do it if Richard couldn't come. He had only ran after him and now he was alone and needed to figure out his own way, how was he supposed to do that? Richard lost interest in talking all of a sudden, he rather sulked in his thoughts and besides, he didn't know what to say anymore anyway. "I don't want to ask him.", he replied as Yujin told him he wouldn't tell him the meaning of his own name, first he called it cheesy and now he left Richard guessing. "I don't know which one I want to use. If I call myself Richard everyone here will find it strange, if I call myself Arikin I might seem like trying to hard...", he mumbled. "Well whatever, it's not like I want anyone to be friends with me anyway." Still he didn't want to look more pathetic than he already was. Richard stopped as they reached the ladder and coughed once more. Maybe it wasn't so much that he gave up talking to Yujin because he was annoyingly persistent, but more like his body grew tired because of the cold and rather used its remaining energy to keep going. "I'll climb first.", he decided, since he feared that the longer he waited the weaker he got and even a ladder might have been too much for him. He slipped past Yujin and grabbed the wooden ladder to start ascending it, his body shaking, his hands numb, but somehow he made it to the top, but needed a short break first. He kept sitting on the ground until Yujin had followed him up here. The town now was definetly closer than Richards home, but he didn't fancy the thought of meeting anyone, especially not looking like this.
    • "You can thank my father for that", he chuckled. In the end, all that came from him was a product of his upbringing and if his father decided that his dearest son was supposed to be a certain way, who was he to deny the old man and not accept the values that he was raised with? Sure, there were better ways to communicate all of this, as there were better ways to figure things out for himself, but alas, this was him and he'd never been thinking about being worth more than he had always claimed himself to be. As a prince of Silesse he could be conceited, obsessed and selfabsorbed, but he fancied neither of those things if he didn't have to and yet, he was called crazy, he actually was - and what did he care? Not a single bit, there was no damn to give about and there was no reason to assume that any of this was going to lead to something if he didn't actually put his heart into it or at least wholeheartedly wanted it. "No, unfortunately. If any Adrestians arrive in Thria, they sure as hell don't want to come down here and freeze their asses off. But from what I've heard, not a lot of them are able to survive down here anyway, so they generally avoid the whole area." Richard was different, in every sense of the word - and if Yujin was honest, he did with with neither his own brethren nor the wolves.

"No I can't, but I can at least try my best, can't I?", he asked, laughed about it actually and that was it. Sure, he could have come up with something else, contested the words that came out of Richards mouth, but he didn't feel like it - he was playing with fire to begin with, with an explosive powder keg and Yujin wanted nothing more than to keep Richards mind off of the more awful things and just have him focus on the situation at hand. This was nothing more than the situation that he got them both into and that meant, for better or for worse, that the two of them had to deal with themselves on their own. "So you want to hear it out of my mouth? Do you, really?", he asked again. Sure, normally one would know what their name meant, but from what Yujin was able to guess, Richard had either never asked or Nayantai just hadn't felt like imparting the knowledge onto his son. In the end, what did it matter? Arikin or not, he could still be himself and yet, he voiced valid concerns. "You are you, I can't make that decision for you - but I do get your concerns to some degree. You don't want to stick out like a sore thumb, you don't want to seem weird and yet, you don't have any idea if you really want to be someone you aren't, isn't it that?", he yelled after Richard, who was already brushing past him and climbing up the ladder, while he watched from down there. It took him a while to follow suit, but when he did and caught up to the blonde, he sat there, in the snow. "You wanna go home? I mean, from here on out the distance to either one of our homes is the same, but we'd have to waltz through town to my home."
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "I doubt he'd approve if you wanted to jump down a cliff.", Richard answered and actually wondered which of those two men he had meant just now. Well one certainly looked stranger than the other, the other actually looked much like Nayantai, only less... sad? His child and long life partner didn't die though, so that made sense, but Nayantai always had some sort of gloomy aura around him, even though he mostly hadn't been. Richard knew about his past, not everything but what history wrote at least it again made sense. His life never had been easy and now he was stuck with the wrong son who didn't know how to act around him anymore. If he thought about it, he actually wondered if he was too harsh and if he seemed like a racist. He never had anything against any wolf, his father was one and also his brother, he himself was half a wolf, but he hated it here and thus acted out towards the wrong people. He knew all that and yet he wasn't going to change his ways. "My grandfather came here from Adrestia... almost died, even though half a wolf.", Richard suddenly mumbled, that information probably meant nothing to Yujin and it was directed more at Richard himself anyway.

"No one asked you to though. It's no use anyway, don't waste your breath." How was he supposed to make this wolf understand that? There probably was no use and Richard doubted he'd get rid of him after this night. God, he knew where he lived, that was bad enough, wasn't it? "I do.", he said once more but it had to wait until he was up the ladder. Yujin couldn't even shut up then, yelling after him, Richard however waited up there before he engaged in any more conversation, rubbing the scar on his neck that felt odd since he had landed in the water. No blood, that had to be good enough, how long would it take to heal completely? The scar would remain however and he hated it. Yujins head soon popped up and Richard stayed on the ground for another moment, resting his arm on his knee and mentally preparing once more to crawl back home, only a few more minutes out in the cold... "I don't want to walk through town like this.", Richard answered averting his gaze once more, he knew he was a mess and very much on the brink to being worried he'd die out here. It was fine for now, but if he didn't know it were just a few more walking minutes he would have gotten scared. "I doubt you can take a bath at my place though." If that was even what he wanted, anyway it took a while and then only one of them fit, which wasn't ideal. Yujins parents probably dragged him home before that, after he borrowed some clothes from Nayantai that probably were way too big for him. Fow now Richard stood up again and tried t make out where his home was. "Tell me now, what name do you prefer?"
    • "It's not like he cares - as long as I get back in one piece, it's fine. If I actually hurt myself, he'd get mad." Shuren had always been like that, obsessed with miniscule things, with beauty and upset about the fact that Muhan didn't care, didn't give a damn about it. He didn't know much about his parents youth, about his grandparents on either side or his aunts and uncles, or whatever there was - up until now, his own little world consisted of him, his siblings and his fathers, he hadn't needed more. True, he was the one that was having enough of all of this and sure, the world wasn't going to end if he pried secrets from either of his parents hands, but alas, neither Shuren or Muhan were divulging information if they needn't and that was somethign he had grown to respect. "You mean the former king? Well, considering his roots, that isn't surprising." Was that man even alive? If yes, he'd be quite old now and Yujin couldn't imagine that he was still back there, with his daughter and grandchildren, watching over the nation that he'd only halfheartedly called his own. A king that never wanted to be one, wasn't that what his father had told him? Though, their former queen had lost her life in the war, as two of her children did, any other details were a blur and all of the information that was carried from wolf to wolf got mangled in the process.

"I won't waste it, trust me." Was cheering someone up a waste of time, of air or something else? He didn't know, but now that he was up here, he was just happy that some of the people of Silesse put some thoughts into the structures of their land and actually installed wooden ladders here and there, either because someone wanted to get down there or up from there though. "Don't tell me I didn't warn you though. Arikin basically means, the eternal kings son - it is really cheesy, but I think your father put some thought into it", he explained, but there was nothing more to do here. Shuren had named him Yujin, at least he thought he did and that was about all that was worth - in the end, no one cared for the information he could or should provide, or how their princes were called. After all, who needed that information to begin with, if not they themselves? "That's fine, I figured as much and less commotion is always good. If we crawled back home to my place, I think we'd attract much more attention than just that of your father and mine. So, of to your place we go!", he declared, making sure that Richard was back on his feet once he started walking away in a definite direction, as if he knew where to go. "I've had worse, I don't think I need a bath, so that's alright. A towel or a piece of cloth to dry my hair with would be nice, not asking for more." In the end, he'd not cram himself into a tub with Richard and just contemplate why the fuck he'd gotten into that, just like a little kid. "Hm, names don't make people, do they? Do I need to choose?"
    • "You could have hurt yourself very much.", Richard replied. Why did Yujin act like nothing happened? As if this had been dangerous? Well, he was the one who wanted to get thrown off in the first place, was he trying to die, or was he just stupid and didn't think ahead? It hadn't helped Richard if he did and if he had pushed him, or not tried to grab him, what would he do now? Sit on top of the cliff to try and see if he was still alive? Call for their parents to help him, or run down to the shore to find him? Either way being soaked and cold was better than had Yujin fallen off alone. "Your king, yes.", Richard replied, so Yujin had listened and yet he seemed to didn't care. When he said the words king however and also the words former, Richard more thought of his own father, the former king of Adrestia that was now dead and his legacy ruined. Why did Nayantai let this happen? His thoughts always circled back to this didn't they? No matter what the topic or if he was swimming after a wolf in icy waters that were able to kill him. "My sheep grandfather was here too, he was fine though.", he added. Wasn't it strange? The king of the wolves almost died here while a mere sheep had surprised anyone who met him here.

"I think you do all the time.", Richard replied before listening to what his name was supposed to stand for. He let out a big sigh and didn't know if he wanted to be named after his father. He was a prince yes, but he had nothing, he lost everything his father fought for. Wasn't the dead king in the same position once? But Richard wasn't him and he didn't want to beg people for an army that just stood by and watched what happened unfold. Fhaergus and Stenz could go to hell as well as the wolves. Yujin didn't seem to noticee what the death of Richards father could mean for his people. The war could break out all over again, but as long as he lived out here he didn't need to care, did he? In the end Richard believed that he was too stupid to actually know what Richard had told him before. "Attention is the last thing I want.", he nodded instead of getting angry again, he couldn't stop thinking about all that happened and what it meant though. He missed his family and his life and maybe he would have been better of drowning. "I have that... What are we going to tell our parents?", he asked not sure what to actually do. He feared Nayantai would never let him out of sight anymore, he lost his son, loosing another one was probably the last thing he wanted and besides, he endangered his friends son as well. "Yes you do, as someone who lives here."
    • "That I know, but sometimes, ignorance can be bliss. Ever considered that?", he asked all of a sudden, acting like he had a lot more on his plate than he actually let on, but there was nothing. Yujin of Silesse was a free man, a man of his people and never meant to be king, hell, he didn't even want to be and if he was fair, he was just happy with his brother having taken that role. However, if he went with how things had been years prior to his birth, he still wouldn't even been second in line to the throne and to be frank, why would he care about that, either? It wasn't like he was making any decisions now or that he'd make them anytime in the future, either. "Like I said, Thria is full of different people, different tribes and different beliefs. Neither you or I know where your grandfather was from, or his wolf parent, so it's save to assume that they weren't from here, no?" All of this was just hypothetical nonsense, but in the end, none of it mattered - they both were gravitating back towards a topic that the blonde didn't seem happy about and in the end, Yujin had a hunch that he either despised his family a tad bit too much or that there was something else going on, that neither made sense to him or ever should do that, in fact, he should leave it there. "Did anyone ever teach you manners?", he suddenly asked, chuckling. "Are you still using wolf and sheep in Adrestia? Aren't those considered insults?"

There was silence after that, but there was no tension, just a big sigh that broke the ice between them once more. He got Richard to a point where he was willing to lead a normal conversation and not lash out at him, so why not try and ... "Oh, and why is that?", he asked, all of a sudden, unwilling to reply to Richard in his own language anymore. Two could play this game and if he was the former kings grandson, Nayantais son and overall supposed to rule his country one day, he should know thrian tongue, no? Sure, Yujin could have used a more informal approach, could have just not stopped blabbering in his language first things first, but that would have led nowhere and the two of them would have just hit a dead end. "Then back off to the hut we go!", he decided, already going ahead of Richard and yet, he was the one that made sure he was being followed, made sure that Richard wasn't trailing behind or getting lost out here. While the town was a great way to orient himself with, it often enough was also enough to confuse people, to lead them astray because a flickering light in the distance resembled those in town - so it wasn't any good if he left the blonde out here to fend for himself. "If they ask, uh, that I'm an idiot and dragged you into something? If they don't, no need to explain." That was all he could muster and after a short while of walking, he could actually spot the hut where they'd left it - now they just had to crawl back in. "Both is fine, I'd say. Whether it's Richard or Arikin, you're both, no?"
    • "I never could afford being ignorant. I was about to get king, you know?", he asked, getting back some of his bad attitude, the topic wasn't his favorite and frankly he didn't understand Yujins carefree attitude. All of what happened to Richard did also affect any wolf in the long run, probably. He doubted someone that liked to maintain peace with the wolves had tried to kill the prince as soon as his father had died. Maybe in the end he had been too ignorant though, not thinking about what could happen, not making enough friends and contacts with the right people and therfor not only he was sufferin, but his family died, all except one, Nayantai. He wondered if his father had felt the same back when he was young and forced to flee his own home. Now Richard was here with wolves that knew a lot more than back when his father fled. If they knew every little detail he was sure even Yujin hated Richard, it was easy to hate a controversial figure as himself. He was half wolf half sheep, his father killed the old king and took the throne for himself. He had snatched away the king of Thria after using his men to start his own war which his father, Richards grandfather, helped starting. Nayantai and his father helped, because of sheep they loved, not thinking about their own people first probably. In the end it had worked out but if it had not many wolves would have died for a man their king fell in love with, a sheep nontheless, an enemy. Even now a lot of wolves lost their life in the war, people who came from parts of Thria like this one, who never had been touched by war, yet Nayantai had brought them with him to Adrestia to fight in the war that would have never crossed their borders. "You're one to talk. You barged into my room and followed me since.", Richard grumbled. Wolve wasnt even that big of an insult, was it? Wolves were strong, one had to be fearful, sheep were only food for wolves, yet the sheep had killed so many wolves.

There was silence, at least for a while. Suddenly though Yujin started to talk in his own tongue again. Richard was able to understand him and at least he didn't have to deal with his terrible pronounciation, but in the end it was only a trick to make Richard talk in Yujins language, wasn't it? "You're still talking to me, aren't you?", he asked and let out another sigh. Now that he thought about it... "Why do you speak Adrestian anyway? Although what you say sounds like shit, at least it s mostly correct. How come?" Both of his parents were Thrians, weren't they and he couldn't be farther away from Adrestia than he was, so why...? All of a sudden he had more questions about this guy than he wanted to, all the while he folowed him through the dark, trying not to stumble over his own feet. He was still tired and cold and he had loved his coat back, though wet as it was it wouldn't have helped him anyway. Eventually he saw the flickering light that marked his home too and it was gradually coming closer, that was good. Richard didn't have anything against was Yujin was saying, so he kept his mouth shut, should he explain if somebody asked. "But I asked you to choose. Will you now?"
    • "It's not like you won't ever be, so it's better to stay on your guard and keep yourself up to date on things", he blurted out, as if he knew something that he couldn't possibly know to begin with. Whether Richard was going to be Adrestias king wasn't his to choose, but knowing the stories about the people he shared his blood with, knowing who Nayantai was, this was just a strategical retreat and Yujin doubted that he'd see a lot of Richard for a long time, rather, he was going to be on the move soon enough, at least that was the impression that he had. "I knocked, isn't that what good manners are? We were living in tents like, thirty or twenty years ago, this is an improvement from back then", Yujin said, but Richard probably knew if he had been thought anything about history. Thria was a nomads land, or had been and still, to this day, there were people that were unwilling to accept that, unwilling to keep to themselves and unwilling to settle down. They still moved around the barren land in their tents, settled where they liked and once they had used up all of their resources, all that the earth and mother nature was willing to gift them, they moved on to another place, just to keep prospering. Meanwhile, he was the one that lived in a palace made of ice and snow, something that not even the Adrestians had - so why on earth did he?

"I am, and I was trying to see if I could get you to speak thrian to me, but alas, I'm all out of luck." Richard had caught him on this one, which meant he needed to distract him some more before he could get him to gargle something up, spit something out that sounded like thrian, but he was a sharp one and not letting anything slip past him, huh? "Why?", Yujin laughed, then gave the blonde a big grin. What was he supposed to say. "One of my fathers is obsessed with knowing it all, with understanding just about anything he can get his grubby hands on. That also means that, while he doesn't speak a lick of adrestian, me and my siblings do and serve as his personal translators, which is also why", he paused for a second, cleared his throat and then stopped in his tracks to turn back to Richard. "I theoretically could speak like this, but no one would buy the dumb act if I did", which didn't sound like shit, as Richard had described it, but actually like an adrestian person was letting those words roll over his lips. Sure, Yujin was starting to play with open cards now, but he'd been asked somewhat nicely, so he wasn't one to refuse. "I also enjoy learning languages and dialects, but I'd rather focus on my adrestian than figuring out the difference between silessian, daein and jehannian dialect when everyone talks in weird ways anyway." Sure, Thria had some more places than Silesse, Daein and Jehanna, but not that he cared - or that anyone referred to those places with their sheep-given names. "Richard is fine as long as I pronounce it right, right, Arikins?", he asked, just as the hut came closer and he figured that the window they came from was the best bet to get back inside without getting noticed.
    • He still wondered how Yujin could stand in front of him and not ask him anything about the fact that he was driven away from his land, about his plans, or why that happened. He didn't exactly know himself, but for someone who talked so much he did ask all the wrong questions. He was weird and it confused Richard, he didnt know how to act towards him, what this guy thought and who he was. Was he stupid or too self-absorbed to think of anything other than shallow questions whichs answers didn't help him with anything? Or was he thoughtful and didn't ask any questions to not upset Richard any further than he already was? "I'm pretty sure you know what a door is since you were born.", Richard replied. Yujin wasn't 20 or 30 years old, Richard didn't know how old he was, but not that old, therfor he probably grew up with doors. Especially Silesse had always been on the same piece of land, hasn't it? At least that's what Richard was told, if he remembered correctly his grandfather told him they had huts here when he was here. Thrians tents were no excuse therfor.

"Why would you want that?", Richard wanted to know, all of what Yujin was doing made no fucking sense to him. Richard probably spoke thrian well enough for a normal conversation, but he simply didn't want to. He also didn't know if his accent was terrible or not, at least he spelled hiw own fucking name correctly, right? "Why doesn't he learn it himself?", Richard asked another questions, Yujins father didn't make much sense either. "I guess it's the one with the fan in the coldest fucking place on earth.", he added, that was odd, wasn't it? Richard wasn't to excited by the lack of accent all of a sudden, instead he just kept walking past Yujin and towards the hut he wanted to finally get into. "Why do you call me with both names then? Anyway, I can't guarantee I'll be turning my head if you call me Arikin, I'm not used to that name.", he said and didn't want to ask his actual questions once more, in the end he was bound to be ignored once again. All he wanted to know is how he should introduce himself to anyone asking if someone asked. "You want to crawl back through the window again?", he asked following Yujin to the back of the hut. That was fine by him, but he doubted their hair would dry before Yujins parents wanted to leave. What were they talking about anyway? Richard wondered if Nayantai was enjoying himself. Well anyway, for now he climbed back through the window into his room that wasnt all too warm since he had left it open. At least his fire was still burning and after Yujin had crawled in as well, he closed the window so the room would warm up. Then he immedietly started to shed his clothes which were almost frozen stiff, stopped in his tracks pretty soon however and moved towards his closet with only his pants still on. He searched for a towel and threw it in Yujins direction and while he was picking it out of his face, Richard was grabbing one of his neckerchiefs and put it back on. Only after that he was getting rid of his pants which he left someplace on the floor and instead got himself a blanket he wrapped around himself. With that he moved to his fireplace to sit down right in front of it, trying to shake off the cold. His hands were still numb, his body still shaking but he tried to not show it too much, showing any form of weakness or that Yujin was right and he wasn't used to it was the last thing he wanted.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Earinor ()

• People were different, had different ideologies, hoped for different things and then, here he was, he’d always be and he’s always ask questions that no one wanted to hear, but had to, simply because he - Yujin of Silesse - let them slip over his lips and considered it all a necessity because of one reason or the other. What was it that he really wanted and what was it, that he wanted because someone else did? Well, who knew, he didn’t and he never had - so there was no need to think about any of this twice, no? “Yeah, but I’m still exhibiting good manners, no? There’s still people that brush past your door and stand in your house unannounced because it’s never been anything like that in the past.” Thria was changing, all of it, maybe for better or worse, but who knew? None of them would be granted eternal life just to see it all through and while his father would have very much liked that, Yujin himself would be fine with leading a normal life, void of any interesting events or the occasional heartbreak, actually. Richard on the other hand didn’t strike him as someone that was hellbound on knowing it all, either - maybe they’d get along, just like that, because they were at the same place at the wrong time, but just who was going to help them find that out? There was only the two of them and therefore only two brains to think with. “I just want to test your ability, that’s all. You can’t expect all wolves you run into to know adrestian language.” Why would they?

Thria was, in a way, the land of the free and yet they spend so much time shackling themselves to the ground that any and all of that slipped to the ground and stayed down there. Sure, properly thinking about it all was the key to some things, but Yujin wasn’t going to give everything that popped into his mind another thought, was he now? “No idea. Either he complains about being old, too stubborn or just straight up unwilling - he says it takes the fun out of things but also complains when he can’t understand a sheep, so what do I know?”, he replied as honestly as he could. Shuren was weird, but when wasn’t he? Instead, Richard was the one that had him bite back some laughter. Sure, that was about it, no? “The fan is there to hit people with, nothing else - he fights dirty, if at all.” Shuren of Silesse wasn’t someone that liked all his cards out in the open, ready for the enemy to see and in that regard, his children and husband were quite different, even though Yujin came after him in most ways. “Dunno, we’ll see what I stick to. Maybe you’ll just end up with a nickname, ice prince.” Now that he had resumed talking with an accent, intentionally even, he himself heard how ridiculous it sounded but how in line it was with the things that he normally let fall from his lips. Wasn’t that all he wanted to try out from the getgo? Was there any need to do anything else? No, he was just fine once he forced himself through the window, back into Richards room. Upon receiving the towel, he started getting rid of his clothes - first the coat he was wearing, then the other layer of his clothing and so on. The lower layers were sticking to his skin and once he’d almost torn them off of his body, he was standing there, in what still appeared to be a variety of garments that covered his body. How many layers did a man need? Well, Yujin didn’t have an answer for that, but he started undoing any braids that he had in his hair and then tried drying that black mess off, as well as his body - well, that would work better if ... “You cold?”, he asked Richard, all the while wrestling himself out of his undershirt. God, who made this fabric? He didn’t know, didn’t care and just threw it to the rest of his belongings on the floor, all the while his pale skin was adorned by a single nasty scar, right across his abdomen, but that was it - instead, he stood there and still dried himself off, before crouching next to Richard and extending his hands towards the fire. “Sooo, anything else you wanna do?”
    • "I'll remember to lock my door then.", Richard simply replied and didn't comment on Yujins manners. Only because somebody else was worse didn't mean that what he was doing himself was any better, but Richard doubted this blockhead would understand that, up until now he didn't understand a single word Richard said and he doubted if he really spoke his language. 'Leave me alone' and 'no' didn't seem part of Yujins vocabulary and it probably didn't help to tell him in Thrian. "Maybe I don't want to speak to anybody anyway, so it's fine.", he replied a little grumpy. He didn't even want to talk to this wolf, he didn't need to speak with any more and if he acted as if he had no clue what they were saying, maybe he got along without having to talk to anyone. Why would he go into that town anyway? Nayantai was providing him with food and at some point maybe Richard would learn how to hunt and cook himself, though hunting wasn't really an issue, he knew how to use a bow and arrows and out here there was nothing much animals could hide behind so it was even easier to find them. He'd make do and it wasn't like he never had a camping night outside with either Nayantai, or his grandfather.

Richard was always thinking since he was here, wasn't he? And all the time his mind circled back to his family that wasn't anymore, though his grandfather had died some year ago and not recently. Still, he missed him and though he was pretty much done with fighting even when the war his father led started, he wouldn't have let what had happened to Richard and his siblings happen. of that he was sure, yet Nayantai was the only one left an ran away. There, again, all his thoughts did was repeating the same things over and over again and almost making Yujin laugh didn't make it better at all. "Did they set you up? To follow me around?", Richard suddenly asked, maybe Nayantai wanted him to have some friend, so why not use the child of his friends that was around the same age? The blonde wasn't sure if this was for better or for worse. If Yujin just had a job to do however, maybe he got rid of him at some point. "Ice prince...?", he repeated Yujins word and wondered if it fit him. Would this wolf have believed if someone told him how Richard was as a person only a few months back? Probably not, right now his heart seemed just like the world of Silesse itself, cold and frozen. His body was too right now and actually that should have been his main priority now, instead he was thinking about so many things and also wondering how many clothes one person needed. Yujin was still occupied with shedding all those layers, how didn't he drown with that much clothes? Richard only shot him a short glance, before looking into the fire again he sat before already. "Aren't you?", Richard asked who basically tried to absorb all the warmth the flames could give him. If it would have helped he would have thrown himself into the flames, but that was nonsense. Instead his body felt like warming up but the shaking wouldn't stop, on top of that his fingers started to hurt when the feeling came back slowly. "Nothing much to do here.", he replied mumbling and maybe a little bit tired. It was true, there wasn't much in his rooms, because he didn't own much anymore, no books or other things, just a bunch of clothes not fit for the weather here and yet he wore them. The only thing to do right now was watching the flames in his fireplace and letting his thoughts travel the same ways they always took, while the red light reflected in his eyes and colored his skkin and hair in a different shade.
    • "It's not like I can't get in through your window", he let the blonde know, as if it was a thread - why would it be, though and why should he threaten him to begin with? None of that made sense in the slightest of ways and yet, he was the one that had taken it upon himself to care for himself and the man that he'd just declared as his new friend, albeit only for himself. Richard didn't need to know that yet, he'd find out eventually when Yujin wouldn't leave him alone but rather glued himself onto him like some sort of parasite that was leeching off of him and his energy, if he even had any to begin with. "Aren't you going to be lonely then, though? Besides, I don't think I'm nobody." Yujin didn't feel like making much of a scene out of this and he also wasn't keen on making the blonde be angry at him once more, but in the end, neither of them seemed to care all that much what their respective pain was about - if he even felt any. After all, he had everything he could ever ask for and the mere assumption that he was unhappy would be wrong, but then there was Richard - who, of all people - seemed like he'd been gifted the worst kind of luck that he could have ever asked for, though, Yujin himself was sure that the blonde hadn't even asked for any of that to begin with.

"Nobody set me up, I just felt like not sitting at that table and considered that maybe, just maybe, you'd be able to provide me some more fun that three old geezers talking about their younger years in three to four different dialects when they don't want me to know something", he sighed. His parents and Nayantai both seemingly didn't want to talk about any of that, didn't want him to know and were seemingly unwilling to let him know vertain things about themselves. Sure, they should keep their secrets lest he pried them out of their cold, dead hands but it was quite the uneventful evening otherwise - and if he hadn't known that blondie was here, too, he'd never have joined his parents to begin with, so in the end, he had won, hadn't he? "You're pretty cold, don't want to open up and you were pretty angry at me just for existing a few minutes ago, so I'm sure ice prince is a nice nickname for you", he explained, cackling about it soon thereafter. Was he taking it too far, now that he crouched opposite of a fireplace, almost naked and felt the sting of the flames and the cold of the water sink into that scar of his own? Yujin should have been more careful, but children were bound to do some sort of stupid shit, so of course he was left with whatever this was and only watching the flickering flames from where he sat, mindlessly combing through his wet hair with his fingers - he should wring it out. "I think it depends. Parts of me, yes, other areas, not so much - you grow used to the cold that clings to you or the one that is inside of you. Whatever is first ... forget about that", Yujin suddenly said and instead turned to watch the grim shadows falling onto the blondes face, now that he had covered his body with a blanket. How'd he look under all of that? Who knew. "Except warming up and hoping to dry soon, huh?" Silence was about to befall them, nothing uncommon, but instead, Yujin yawned. Actually, he was tired - and courteous enough to cover his mouth with one of his hands. "Makes me wonder though, how do you look under that blanket?"
    • "I know apparently this is new technology to you, but you can also lock windows.", Richard answered with a grim look on his face. If he wasn't even safe from this guy in his own room, where would he go then? Well if he just wandered off somewhere Yujin wouldn't know how to find him, right? Then he needed to hide from him most of the time as it seemed, Richard was constanly exploring outside anyway, since he didn't want to stay in here as long as Nayantai was around too. "Lonely is what I want.", Richard replied, but he doubted this would get into Yujins head. As if giving up Richard rested his arms and head on his knees, all of his body tugged into the blanket in the hopes of finally warming up. His body still seemed kind of stiff and maybe a little bit wet. His hait that was a mess of frozen icy clumps slowly started to melt, only to have icy water run down Richards body again. From time to time he wiped some of it away. "I think I made it clear that I also don't want to talk to you.", he added, but this was also a lost cause with this one, he wouldn't take no as an answer and Richard wondered what would come next. Jumping down the next cliff?

"You probably had been better off staying with them. We both would have...", Richard pointed out, after all no one would have fallen into the icy waters then and they wouldn't freeze now. Well Richard froze, Yujin seemed just fine, that was kind of annoying. "It seems kind of not rolling off the tongue well to be honest." Richard wondered if there was a Thrian name that meant just that, ice prince, Yujin was right, it was fitting, better than whatever Nayantai came up with. His father, the king was dead and he didn't even have a long life, nor a long reign and now his legacy was gone as well, after it had only started about 25 years ago. Richards gaze moved up a little bit, away from the fire and towards Yujin that almost seemed like he stared at him with his oddly blue eyes. What was he talking about? Still about freezing because of the icy water or something else? Richard looked at him confused. "Forget about what?", he asked, somewhat curious now, maybe there was something else but a smiling idot in front of him. "Mhh...", he simply grumbled thereafter, there really wasn't much else to do and in the end silence was still what Richard wanted, but he couldn't have that apparently at the guy that didn't have a blanket like Richard and with a towel that covered nothing, because he didn't use it for that, he just combed his hair with his fingers like a figure on a portrait. Instead of speaking wouldn't it have been better for Yujin to just fall asleep and grant Richard some silence instead of asking another stupid question? "None of your business either.", Richard replied, his eyebrow twitching but instead of letting it rise, he forced himself to maintain the face Yujin was used to. Now however Richard remembered that he was curious about something himself, namely how Yujins back looked and if he wasn't hurt for real. Richard at least expected it to be red from the fall, but he couldn't check... well he didn't care anyway!
    • "Sure, not that I need to ... or that anyone would open their windows out here anyway." Now that they had useless stuff like that, who wanted to rely on old wolf methods and the other stuff? None of them, not a single person gave a damn what their former, older selves thought about or what their ancestors determined to be useful, resourceful or any of that. Yujin didn't want to dwell in the past, didn't want to understand those people that had been there before him, but sooner or later, he'd have to and when the time arose, he'd at least be smarter than he was right now. The world would keep moving and he'd keeping doing stupid stuff, just like it had always been, but then again, they all had gained sentience for a reason, nothing definite, nothing likeable, but in the end, they all were who they'd made themselves out to be and none of that was contested by anyone. "You're going to become one with the landscape of my homeland, then", he answered, truthfully as he could. Sure, maybe he wasn't right and perhaps all of this was a hasty fever dream, but alas, Yujin knew that loneliness led to things that no one had anything to profit from. If they all shut each other out of their hearts, what would any of this lead to, really? Maybe a mess, maybe more than that and yet, he wasn't even sure himself what would happen. "Then you're out of luck, sadly."

They both felt like they were coliding, like they were of different worlds entirely and yet, the only thing that he could come up with was a foul excuse as to why he did the things he, in fact, wanted to do without any major repercussions. Sure, Yujin of Silesse was a man of his word in the end, but right now, why should he back off and not keep collecting all that information that he wanted? "Or not, we know each other a bit better now", Yujin mused, but he wasn't exactly smiling about that. Sure, he could do whatever he wanted, but in all honesty, why do that when he could just come up with his own things and think about them in an order that suited him and his tastes to begin with. "No idea how to properly translate it into a name though." The wolf shrugged his shoulders as he watched the flickering flames for now instead of the dancing shadows on the blonde and then he wondered how it would feel like to extend his hand, to reach within and just accept the burn, the sting - anything then got under his skin, really, that wasn't this weird feeling of hot and cold, of not knowing if he was feeling anything at all. Sometimes, his heritage and legacy was a curse in itself. "Whatever I was saying, not that it's important how you get cold or got cold, in the end, all of us are very much the same and won't be something else anytime soon", he admitted. Surely, there were different ways to go about it, but instead, he stopped what he was doing, peeked over to Richard and hoped to see some skin, instead, he was met with one of a million excuses. "If you got nothing to hide, you can show me, right?"
    • Well Richard had opened his window and Yujin kept it open so they came back inside through it, so apparently they did open windows out here, but Richard wasn't going to dwell over it. Fact was that he didn't want Yujin barge in here whenever he pleased, but if he didn't let him in, Nayantai probably would, what a pain. He was like a lone puppy that wanted a fire to warm himself in, hopefully he wouldn't stand at the window and stare at him with puppy eyes until Richard let him in. "What's that supposed to mean?", he asked. Whatever Yujin had said just now it sounded poetic but didn't make a lot of sense to be honest. Was he saying Richard would they of loneliness like a rabbit if he stayed here all on his own? He didn't think so and if anything, he didn't get rid of Nayantai anyway, so how alone could he be? It also wasn't any of Yujins business and he didn't get why he so depserately wanted to befriend the blonde, even though he didn't even know him really. Richard didn't respond anymore, maybe the silent treatment worked after all, besides telling the same things over and over again was useless, Yujin wouldn't give him a good reason why he did what he did for the whole evening now and Richard couldn't stop him anyway. What did he need to do to get rid of him? Dig up some dirty secrets in order to hit the wolf with something that hurt him? But how would he even get that information? And didn't he kind of try that when he commented those blue eyes?

"We wouldn't have fallen into the sea.", Richard grumbled and he still wasn't very pleased that it happened. Though his body slowly warmed up, he still felt cold to the bone as if the icy water had soak not only his clothes, but also his body, drifting deep into his flesh. Why would anyone want to live in a colorless, dark and empty place like this? Though in the end it probably fit how Richard felt and reflected who he was now better than any other place in the world. At the very next second he asked himself if Yujin was able to read his mind as he gave such a specific answer, well whatever. Ice Prince... was he even a prince anymore? With no land to call his own what was that title worth? What did it even mean? "You make no sense.", Richard grumbled again, still not knowing what Yujin was actually talking about and doubting that he understand anything regarding Richard, even after what he had told him over the howling wind. Next Richard looked up again into Yujins face who sat there showing off his body and apparently demanding the same. Richard was kind of curious about the scar and about the fact that he landed flat on his back after a fall of about ten meters if not even higher, but if he asked, he needed to give something in return, he would also admit that he didn't give a damn about Yujin at all. "Why would I? I'm cold, so I'd rather stay under the blanket where it's warm...", he replied, refusing once again. Was the wolf hitting on him now? "Besides, why do you want to know?"
    • Yujin would just take what he wanted from anyone that he found, mainly because why wouldn't he and what did he have to gain from not getting any of it? Surely, this meant that while hwas gaining an understanding of the fact that no one really wanted to stick with him in the first place, he could just force his way to it and yet, that didn't seem like the easiest or sweetest option in the book. Wasn't that kind of sad, actually? Sure, he was trying his best and apparently also managing to give a damn, but alas, all of this would be in vain once he figured out other ways to get the things he really, really wanted. "You said it yourself, Thria has nothing, it's boring and if you just keep shutting yourself away from the world, you'll be just that in no time", Yujin elaborated and it sounded harsher than he meant it, really. Richard seemed like someone that he had to touch with the utmost care, lest the blonde would break into pieces again and yet, he wondered if he even had started collecting the ones that fell onto the floor when he seemingly broke into two or more - should he pick up after him to make all of this a tad bit easier? "In the end, we're only as interesting as the stories we have to tell and when we run out of them, we no longer hold value in the eyes of other people." They were nothing more than void of information and void of any things that could be useful to anyone, no?

"I just offered myself, you didn't have to take the opportunity but somehow, I'm glad you did", Yujin said, still watching the flames that lingered in the fireplace, that moved upwards and that was it. Nothing was going to put these out as long as they had wood and air to prosper, but once they lacked one of those components, their lives would be over, as if they were human, just a tad bit more fragile. Though, all of that sounded a bit stupid, didn't it? And why was he the one mulling over flames, sulking over his own inability to even live and still trying to cheer Richard up. "You'll start to notice soon enough that I've never made sense to anyone that ever crossed my path", he blurted out, reaching for the fire and then pulling his hand back in, pressing it against his chest as if he had just burned himself, despite never being touched by any flame to begin with. Warmth like this wasn't anything he liked, but alas, he was a son of Silesse and the people down here liked the cold, almost loved it when it was as frigid as it seemed to be right now - but none of this made sense in the slightest, did it now? Wasn't it just painfully obvious to them all that none of this had to make sense and neither of it would anytime soon? "Just a little peek won't hurt, though - you also won't freeze to death, the fire is warm enough for both of us", he mused. Though, why was nobody looking for them yet or saying it was time to go home? Had they just hit some sort of jackpot as in their parents were too preoccupied with themselves anyway? "I want to know who I'm dealing with, that's all - and since you're pretty naked already, why not show me now?"
    • "Don't you get it? This is who I am and what I want. Silesse is a cold shithole of a place and thus isn't it fitting if I'm a cold hearted asshole myself? I don't want any friends or somebody to cheer me up.", he replied almost getting angry again which only meant that Yujin had hit another weak spot again. He bit back any more comments regarding that topic, although he had to say so much more, Yujin wouldn't understand and frankly it wasn't any of his business anyway. Richards family was dead, just like the land he found himself in all of a sudden. There was nothing to be happy about, nothing to change the fact that he should have died too that day and it wasn't even that long ago. His father had been buried and just days later another big part of his life just vanished, was taken from him by force and left him behind empty and broken. He was sure that he didn't deserve to be happy, to live his life that wasn't his anymore, if anything it belonged to his siblings, that couldn't experience anything anymore and had their last seconds of their life filled with nothing but pain and suffering. wasn't Richard supposed to be the same as them? Richard stared into the flames as if he could simply turn into them if he just tried enough. He followed the flickeing and some sparks that were shot upwards, anything really to distract himself and not look into Yujins face. He hid his own behind some of his long and blond hair that frankly had been shorter at some point, but anyone here wore them especially long, so why wouldn't he? One only needed to look at Yujins hair that probably weren't cut since he had been born. "There are no stories I would want to tell you and you haven't shared any either.", he pointed out and closed his eyes for a second, knitted his brows and clenched his teeth. He needed to calm down, didn't he?

"I didn't push you.", he made clear once more and for a second looked up again in that stupid face. "Why would you be glad about that?" Why did Richard even ask? Yujin was a crazy idiot, maybe he tried to die, what did Richard know? Why would he care? "You sound like it was a lie when you said you do have friends." Maybe that was just it and Richard was someone he could annoy next, because he failed with any other person in Silesse. He watched him reach out his hands for the flames and despite not even touching it, pull it back suddenly. Richard wondered if his body was working properly, sure wolfs were used to the cold and hated the heat, especially those born in Silesse, but Richard would have thought they felt something, they felt still cold and pain when they crashed onto waters surface. "Why would it help you to see me naked? That makes no fucking sense.", Richard blurted out himself now, wondering what this was all about. Actually he didn't really have a problem to show his body, he had nothing to hide, but for some reason he just wanted to refuse Yujins plea, in the end probably also because he didn't understand why he wanted this so bad. He wouldn't get him off his case, unless... "Let's make a bet out of it. If you can hold your hand into the flames longer than me, I'll cast away the blanket, if not, you won't ask me again."
    • "I'll ask again in a few weeks", Yujin mused and there was all there had been to it for him. Sure, they could bet on whatever they wanted, think about whatever they wanted but being led through life by ones depression couldn't be good and wasn't bound to make any sense, was it now? Sure, things could take a turn at some point, but Richard - of all people he knew - didn't seem like someone that was just going to change things about himself because Yujin demanded he did or because he thought it would be fun to have him admit to whatever it was that plagued him. Instead, the two of them were now sitting there, waiting for those small flames to warm them up and dry them before anyone could ask, but Yujin was still the one that had to get back into his wet clothes and waltz all the way home from here with his parents. In the end, he should have just taken Richard through the town and back to the palace - or whatever he wanted to call that monstrosity made out of ice. "In the end, as much as you wallow in your own sadness, it won't help you with moving forward and dwelling in the past is going to eat you up and spit you out", he sighed in the blondes direction, still holding his hand close, as if it truly hurt and the flames had licked his hand, burnt it, whatever it was, but there was nothing to be afraid of. "Then, what do you want to know? I'll tell you anything." Sure, why not?

"You grabbed ahold of me, let go and I lost my balance, my bad", he corrected himself just like that and now, he didn't need anything else, or did he? Yujin wasn't one to push all those things that he loathed onto someone else, reflect on his own issues or even think about the fact he could have done something wrong, no. Instead, he was just trying to tiptoe his way around some of the issues that his new friend seemed to have. "It seemed to calm you down for a second and you weren't getting fed up with everything I was saying. Or at least you made some effort to not have me notice", he chuckled, as if that had been something special or Richard really, truly cared about him for a single minute. "Ask them, then - but you don't want to speak thrian, so you're out of luck." Now, he was making fun of the blonde and in the end, Richard was the one that had deserved that with all the things he'd thrown at his head so far, didn't he? Though, Yujin felt almost bad now that he had let that roll over his lips and maybe he was just stirring this pot until it was going to explode from overheating. "Dunno, I thought it might be funny to see what you have to offer - or what you lack, actually", he snorted. What was that even? In the end, Richard would end up being the one that was built better than him and then he'd stop laughing, probably. Yujin was somewhat childish and nosey, yet, he hadn't been told to scram - at least not like that. "A bet? Do you like those? Sure, I can hold my own. Ready whenever you are", he said, extending his hand towards the flames.
    • "Just don't. I won't change my mind. You don't know me and you wouldn't understand, so just leave me alone. Not every single person has to be a smiling little idiot, desperately trying to make friends. It's almost sad to keep listening to you.", he responded, Yujin was better of not brining the topic to how Richard felt. Even if he did try to explain it, he wouldn' get it. The war hadn't been here and a new one wouldn't come here anytime soon, Yujin didn't understand death or what it meant to loose his family like that, to not be able to save anyone, but the only one to survive for whatever stupid reason. Why did it have to be him? "Stop acting like you know what I think or feel. You dont. You never will. What I do with my life is my decision and not yours and if I want to keep everything the way it is, I can. So for the last time, shut up, or I'll make you." Richard asked himself why he tried to help Yujin back on the cliff, why he didn't just hope he drowned, in the end at least he would have been left alone, at least for a while until he dragged himself back up here. Richard wouldn't have let him in and he wouldn't have explained anything to Nayantai, that would have been much better than Yujin thinking he knew Richard all of a sudden, after only so little time. "I actually don't want to know anything." And that was that he was sick of this conversation. If it had been somewhat pleasant before it wasn't anymore and Richard wanted to be alone. Maybe going outside to their parents would help, at least the fan swinging adult would keep Yujin from blabbering all the time.

"Yes, your bad.", Richard hissed still angry, in the end maybe he was in hrll anyway and doomed to be annoyed by this guy for all eternity. "I was occupied with not freezing to death, that's all. Id rather not have that again, only because you are desperate for a conversation." What was this even? Why was Yujin like that? Why did he want to take Richards mind off of things, make him forgot what he couldn't, never? He didn't want to forget, didn't he get it? How much more would Richard need to tell him that? "If they are only half as annoying as you, I don't want to have anything to do with them." He needed neither Yujin and his imaginary friends, nor anyone else. Yujin just couldn't stop being an idiot, could he? "Are you always asking strangers to strip before you? Is that your kink?", Richard asked snorting and extended his hand then, holding the blanket with the other in place. His finger soon hovered over the flame, absorbing the heat. It started to get hot pretty soon, but Richard left his hand where it was, inspecting Yujins face to read it. Whatever the case, if he was able to do that or not, Richard wasn't going to back down, he rather had the skin on his hand melt before he lost against an idiot like Yujin. Maybe he should have asked him to shut up all together.