bloodbound. (earinor & akira)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• It almost was as if two different worlds collided and neither of them had an ounce of understanding for the other. Surely, he'd understand Richard after he'd gotten to know him, but when would that be? And would that ever happen to begin with? Yujin had a hunch that the blonde didn't want to be friends, not with someone like him and to be honest, he couldn't blame him, not here and not now, not for something that neither of them had control over and not because of the past that was bothering them so much - or at least one of them. "Do you know any of the dialects or just the traditional one?", he asked, but it appeared to be the latter case. Richard wouldn't have any difficulty if he did, in fact understand all of it and somehow, that was something that pipqued his interest even more. Nayantai spoke their tongue just fine, so why wouldn't he teach his son the same? Why was it that, in the end, the two of them were conversing in more than one language, just because the blonde refused to let the wolves language leave his lips? "So it isn't all that different from me, huh?", Yujin expressed, but he wasn't the one that was clinging to the silver lining that his life was connected to, he wasn't the one that had lost his father and his siblings and was somewhere where he didn't want to be. That, in turn, also meant that they weren't as alike as he wanted them to be, or claimed they were.

"No, that wasn't what I was insinuating. I couldn't care less about your heritage, I'm just curious - just because you have blonde hair doesn't mean that you're worth less than I am." People would stare, gossip would spread and rumors would take root if they got to see the blonde, but all in all, why were wolves like that? Over the past few years, they kind of had adapted to their adrestian counterparts and while their primitive descriptions of one another - wolves and sheeps - were merely considered insults by now, a relic of the past, a lot of people used them, still. Remnants of the war, so to speak and while Yujin should know better, he grew up among them. "I don't know what's going on between the two of you, or what happened and I can't speak for any of you, but ... are you sure?", the wolf asked once more. Nayantai was someone that he maybe heard a few stories about, that people either hated or adored and that few of them actually knew - he'd forfeited his title and land to be in Adrestia, to be with whom, exactly? Not, that Yujin cared, but if he came back like this, with someone in tow, that had to mean that something hadn't gone as it should, wasn't that it? "No one said anything about dresses, I'm talking about my coat, you dork", he clarified as he looked over to the blonde who, actually, seemed to be getting cold and yet, he was out here, sulking and talking to him, watching the crashing waves and the flickering lights beyond the sea. "Sometimes, people are just a means to an end, you know? But did you never want to meet her, even if you could have?"
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "I... I don't know.", he was pretty sure he didn't understand the question and that was due to the fact that he had no idea what differences between languages there were in Thria. Actually he didn't care much too. Fis father and Nayantai had taught him what he knew from time to time, but he never had been someone who was able to listen for very long and among another language he needed to learn a lot of other things too. After all he was supposed to be king at some point, though he wanted to be free just as his brother was. Well now he was and it sucked. "It is different. We're nothing alike.", Richard replied grumbling. This gue had no clue at all. Even though things seemed to go well before everything went downhill, it wasn't. Adrestians weren't ready to accept two man that loved each other and thus Nayantai always had been a secret. He was in the castle but as an ambassedor and nothing more. The fact that Rain didn't marry didn't make any of this easier, in fact Richard was nothing more than a bastard in the eyes of his people, a bastard of the man that forced himself onto the throne without having any ties to the previous king. All of this was reason to kill Richard and his siblings and he blamed his father for being a short sighted romantic.

"You'd not stick to me like that if I was just any wolf.", Richard pointed out, there was no us ein denying that and all of a sudden he grew tired of being with Yujin. The blonde wanted to be alone and sulk here while watching the waves and the flickering lights of the town. What did he need to do to get rid of him? Push him down the cliff? "I am. He's not my father, the wrong brother died, but you wouldn't understand any of it, so will you leave me alone already? If you want to hear a story ask him.", he snapped back at the wolf, while averting his gaze even more, eventually pulling one leg up to rest his had on his knee. Whatever he did, if he was alone or not, there was only one topic and he couldn't escape it. But he'd rather deal with it on his own, instead of talking to a complete stranger about things he'd never understand. "I don't need your ugly coat.", he refused once more. Even if he'd been about to freeze to death, he wouldn't have taken it, what was he? Some princess that needed saving? He wasn't his father. "No. She's just a woman that delivered me, that's all." Richard sighed deeply, all of this was exhausting, talking was, thinking was too and all of these questions were annoying. "What do I need to do to have you leave me the hell alone?"
    • "Hm, so, you want to try? I mean, I don't know all of the dialects myself, but we could at least pinpoint what you do know - how's that sound?", he asked, as if he was waiting for an affirmation. Right now, he was the one blabbering like this, not even trying to hide his heavy, disgusting accent - but all of this was farce, something that he used to play and Richard probably assumed that he was an idiot, some country bumpkin that knew nothing and maybe, in some ways, he was right. Yujin, on the other hand, just enjoyed games, no matter their nature, no matter the reason. "You think it is? We have some things in common, not all of them I admit, but maybe you're just thinking too much about it all", he declared, knowing fully well that he probably was annoying the fuck out of the blonde already. What else could he be doing out here, if not that and why else would he try doing something different if he didn't have to? Yujin wanted Richard to stop sulking, even though he barely knew him and crawled out of a window for him, followed him all the way up here and still questioned if he was sane, but as long as he didn't push him off this godforsaken cliff and killed him, this was nothing to worry about, was it now? Someone like him wouldn't be as stupid and if anything, he could find a shore somehow, he could swim, the cold water wasn't going to kill him immediately, right?

"You're new and in a shitty mood - of course I'd want to know why. That's what makes you interesting, not that blonde hair of yours." Why else would he care? Because he himself was a stupid bastard that wanted nothing more than the recognition of others and knowledge of those that found themselves in his homeland? Somehow, it was stupid to sit here, talk with an angry boy that merely had eyes for himself and yet, he did, somehow swallowed the bitter medicine he handed himself and didn't give much of a fuck about it. "Alright, alright - this isn't my place to pry, I'm not going to ask either of you and I'll stop meddling with your business." In the end, this situation seemed like it was escalating for no coherent reason, because all of this was being stupid and because Yujin couldn't shut his stupid trap, not for once. Instead, he still sat there, watched Richard and how he seemed to just sit there, enjoy the fact that he was this close to death if the ice gave in, but maybe he was just wrong. "The offer still stands if you're shivering anytime soon, you don't have to like how it looks, it will at least keep you from freezing to death", he suddenly explained, as if Richard was going to give a damn about him or this coat just because of an explanation like that, but what else was he supposed to do anyway? "And the one that gave you your eyes, then, I suppose, among other things that is", he summarized out loud, even though he hadn't intended to do that - but in the end, who cared? Only the howling wind and the crashing waves could hear them and they all absorbed any noises they could potentially make. "No idea. I won't make you smile or laugh, so I'm guessing you're stuck with me for a while."
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "No.", was Richards simple answer, why would he do something stupid like that? He wasn't going to speak any dialect anywhere and if he could help it he wouldn't listen to the wolves tongue either. Instead he listened to Yujin trying to force Adrestian words out of his throat that just sounded so completely wrong. Richard was with everything here reminded of what he had lost. No one spoke his language, no one looked like him and it was freaking cold all the time, so very different from Myriad. If he'd just be able to go back, travel east to his home, but he didn't know what to do there in the first place. His hand wandered once more to his neck, feeling the wound underneath his neckerchief and pressing it slighty until he felt a sharp sting rush all over his body, stopping in his feet. He never wanted to be as weak again, even though there was nothing left to protect. Maybe he should pick up his sword training again, the tapier was hanging on his hip all the time, also now. "Maybe you're thinking too little, you don't know the first thing about me or my home. You've grown up locked away in this shithole, away from civilization and different rules, etiquette. You don't even know a thing about Nayantai, if you did you wouldn't ask stupid questions, but I don't know why I expected some form of intelligent life out here." Richard knew very well that his anger was misplaced and that he had no reason to hate this place, Thria, or the wolves. He'd always been raised to accept them, he did, his brother had been a wolf through and through and yet he hated the fact that this place, his prison, was even existing.

The urge to just push this guy down the steep cliff grew, but Richard didn't. Instead maybe a few well placed words would have the opposite effect. Richard wasn't sure what he wanted, if he wanted to fall off here or if the close proximity to death was enough, because it made him feel closer to his family. Whatever it was, right now he wanted to punch something, or someone, but refrained from it. For some reason however, he wanted the wolf to throw the first punch, to give him a reason to just channel his anger and let it explode in a stupid wolfs face that thought of him as weak just because of the way he looked. But instead of annoying him even more Yujin decided to stop asking, as if he was a nice guy, which Richard didn't want him to be. "I do not need it.", Richard hissed once more, he didn't need his help. "And who gave you your eyes, huh? Are you annoying the heck out of me because you don't have any other friends? Do they mock you? Call you a sheep? Do they cling to you to pry out any interesting facts they can brag about later on to their friends?" Again he knew this was harsh deep down, but if this guy wasn't going away on his own, he needed to be pushed as it seems and maybe Richard also wanted a reason to make someone else feel bad for a change.
    • "Anything else then, except maybe wanting me gone? Or is that really what you want? Sitting out here, all alone, won't make you happy, trust me", he retaliated. No, Yujin wasn't mad, but he was done being friendly with someone that didn't seem to have enough respect in that body of his and that only sought to maybe, just maybe, help himself to something if he felt like it. In the end, they weren't so different from one another, just like he had said, but this time, there was no need to apologize, instead, why wasn't he beating the guy that was already, seemingly, confined to the floor, at least emotionally? "As much as you hate it here, you still can't just leave, don't you? I don't care for details, or for your father, or whatever - call me and my people stupid, in the end, you're just wasting your breath and anger because it feels like it's the right thing to do and you don't have any other outlet for your frustration, do you?" People were often granted many facettes, but not all of them were able to keep themselves in one piece or even do things that made any sense, instead, Yujin was chuckling about it. Silesse was nothing more than a brick of ice, worth nothing because it had as much and that, in turn, meant that Richard wasn't wrong, but why should he care? Insults about his land, his tradition and the fact that he was apparently pea-brained, well, not that he gave a damn - he was used to stupid comments, to idiotic questions and all in all, he just shrugged his shoulders at the blonde.

"Look, I'm not trying to piss you off or get under your skin, I'm just trying to understand you, for whatever it's worth. If you want to tell me something, you will and if you don't, you won't. It's as simple as that." It always had been, even if he wasn't having a conversation like this with someone like Richard, deep down, everyone was very much the same and that meant, to a certain degree at least, that the world that he found before him was, without much of a doubt, the one that he was supposed to be a part of, no? "If you say so", he answered, just shaking his head and listening to whatever came from the blonde that, all of a sudden, was even more pissed off than he had been before. Who knew, maybe he should actually take a dive in the cold waters down below, in the end, maybe it would cool him down - but who knew, he probably got sick, lost or actually died down there in the pitch black water, lest he hit a stray piece of ice. "No idea, why should I care? I don't like my eyes all that much, maybe because they earn me weird stares, but I'm not saying that yours are bad. As for friends, I have a few, not that I need more and what should I care for insults? In the end, they only waste their breath on me and at the end of the day, I know who I am - and that isn't who they think I am. So, why do you automatically assume that I just tagged along and kept asking you questions for my personal gain? Why would I? If I wanted to, I could just ask someone that knew, not you yourself, you know?"
    • "I'm not trying to be happy.", Richard responded through clenched teeth. All of this was annoying and even if it wasn't, as he just said, he didn't try to get happy, or better, or feel good about himself and the life he should have lost. He wanted to sulk, to be angry and to be alone, being alone actually was his topmost priority right now. This guy didn't know the first thing about Richard, or life for that matter. Nothing was going on here except the constant struggle of survival, that frankly wasn't much of this guys concern. People knew how to live here, how to fish, hunt and trade, so what the hell did he know about death? Nothing and thus it wasn't his place to talk to Richard in the first place. "Just shut up and get off your high horse, will you? If you don't like what I have to say then fuck the hell off already. Oh I wished you didn't have a clue about my fucking language, at least I wouldn't know what you're rambling on about then! Is there anything else you love more than your own fricking voice? If you don't want to fly down this cliff, then leave me alone already." Richard had enough of this, mostly because all of this hurt, all those thoughts he wanted to embrace, but instead had to fight down, because he couldn't start loosing himself in them when a stranger was with him. Why couldn't he just leave him alone?

If this was supposed to calm Richard down, or be in any form an apology for being a nosy bitch, it sure didn't work, not at all actually. Yujin was towering on his high horse, telling himself that his new found mission was to befriend a stranger, because he looked sad. Seemingly he just tried to pick up something broken to fix it, maybe he felt better about himself then, but he would have been better off just shutting his trap, because all he did was causing more damage in the end. There was no room for Richard to breath, even if he was alone, he didn't need a nosy wolf to cut him off even more, to force him into a corner and admit to what he had become. Anger was just a facade that tried to hide what lay underneath and Richard wasn't even able to see that himself, nor would he have been able to describe what he truly felt. Instead he actually had to bite back some tears and stood up in the end, still standing probably way too close at the edge with the wind being caught under his coat. Then he just raised his voice even more, to put Yujin back in his place. "Shut up. You're not trying to? Well you do a very bad job then. I told you a million times that I don't want to talk to you, yet you keep asking. Don't tell me I have a choice not to tell you shit, from the first moment on you try to pry out information. Would you leave me alone if I told you all of it, huh? How my life became this shitty mess? How Nayantai is a fucking coward with no sense of loyalty whatsoever? How I am supposed to be king of Adrestia right now but instead am stuck here, with a bunch of annoying idiots? With nothing to call my own anymore and my family dead? Is that the juicy news you wanted to hear out of my mouth? Are you trying to mock me by making me admit to being nobody anymore? Look at Adrestias fallen prince, isn't it funny how he tries to live out here with us now?"
    • "No one's forcing you to be either." Speaking to Richard felt like talking to a fucking wall, but instead, the wall had something to say and it rarely was anything good or enjoyable. Sure, this was fun while it lasted, but by now, he got the feeling that he should have never followed him out here, that he actually wanted to be alone and gave not one single damn about the situation or the fact that just one of them had to be tipped off and push the other over the edge to have all of this result in a disaster with at least, most likely, one injured or drowning person. Factually, would that help? No, but it was at least worth a try, now that the blonde had chosen to raise his voice at him once more and direct his anger towards him as well. Not that he did mind, in fact, he had had worse and therefore, all of this wasn't so bad, in the end, words spoken out of anger would mean nothing and especially like this, it didn't matter to Yujin. "If you throw me off this cliff, will that make you feel any better?", he suddenly asked, looking up at the blonde that no longer could stand to sit beside him and for one, Yujin wondered if he'd pried too much, asked too much or just assumed too much about someone he barely even knew. Truth be told, he had no clue about most of the things he blabbered, but Richard himself didn't seem like he was the smartest person he'd met, either.

In the end, he got up as well and it felt like this world had slowed down to a crawl, now that he was actually being yelled at. Was it the world that loathed him so much or was it the fact that Richard himself couldn't stand being alive like this that led to all of these things happening? Truthfully, Yujin knew no answer, at least no definite one and had to disappoint himself and the blonde, even though he just let him ramble on, lend him his ear and accepted what he was saying for the time being. Arguing with someone that was sad, angry and very much just on the verge of doing something stupid was an even worse idea than taking a fall off of this cliff, but instead, now that he stood on both of his legs, he looked at Richard and wondered why he suddenly was divulging all of this information to him - because it needed to leave his system, because he actually wanted to have someone to lend him a shoulder? Or just because he'd annoyed him enough to actually open his mouth? "Look, I didn't even know who you were until a few hours ago and the oonly thing I do know now is your name and some other minor details. I don't care if you are a prince or not and I have no reason to laugh in your face for losing what you've lost, or even making fun of you." Yujin grabbed one of Richards hands, pulled the blonde into his direction, only to switch places with him and stand there, at the edge of the cliff, before pressing the blondes hand against his chest and letting go off it. "Push me off the cliff, you'll feel better, trust me."
    • Richard was hellbent on ignoring any further words exchanged with Yujin, though they should have tipped him off. Hoewever the answer to his monologue was not what he had expected and probably also not what he had wished for. He didn't know what he wanted to hear, but he got even more pisssed of by the fact that Yujin was phrasing his sentence with the words 'minor details'. His family, his life and legacy were not 'minor details', his brothers and sister were not something out of a story, a detail that explained Richards situation, they had been his life which was now lost and the fact that there was no form of pity, no form of apology for dragging all of this to the surface made him even more mad. On the other hand, had he heared an apology he probably had felt like it was half heartedly and therfor would have become more mad as well. Even the fact that he didn't care if the crown prince of Adrestia stood before him, crown or no crown, made him mad, but mostly confused. He had been the one this shitdown country with this tiny village would have needed to work with, to keep the piece his father built. His very own father saved Yujins family, his whole race and he called all of this a 'minor detail'?

Richard almost stumbled when he was forced to switch places all of a sudden. He looked at his hand and then in Yujins face not sure what to make of all this. He was angry, but he didn't actually think of pushing the wolf down there. There were people that deserved just that, but Yujin was just an idiot who didn't know when to shut up. Still his lack of empathy and resepect made Richard clenche his teeth and burry his fingers in the fabric of Yujins clothes, while he tried to maintain a clear head. "Are you crazy?!", he asked yelling over the wind and the waves down below. There was no chance of surviving this, what was Yujins play? Did he want to prove something to Richard? That he was caring about this strange wolf after all and wouldn't push him because of that? If he didn't do it it was because it would cause unnecessary trouble. "Don't... push me...", he grumbled, simply because he was so angry he actually needed a moment to think instead of just straight up refusing to do this. In the end he grabbed Yujins clothes even tighter for a second, before finally letting go. He didn't push him, or at least he didn't mean to, but either the missing grip, a slight unintentional push towards the edge or the strong wind seemed to make Yujin loose his balance and made Richard reach for him again as soon as he noticed.
    • "Might be, just a tad bit, but considering who raised me, that isn't anything to worry about", he proclaimed with a smile on his face, even. His parents weren't bad at what they were doing or intentionally guiding their kids to become who they were, but Yujin was, in fact, often just judged by some odd glances, be it for his eyes, for his heritage or the things he did or said, all of it wasn't any different than the situation they were going through right now and that meant it barely mattered what all of this would lead to, as long as Richard found himself feeling better in the end, no? Wallowing in self-pity was something that brought no one anyhwere and thinking about all the things that had happened tied one to the past, the things that weren't changeable and came with a bunch of selfhatred. Yes, sure, they all were doing there best to be understood as who they were, they were trying to help themselves to many more things than the ones they, in the end, perceived as their duties, but all in all, none of it amounted to anything when all that history had to offer were dead faces of people that had moved on, that had no longer a story of their own to tell and like this, what did it matter if he just got thrown off of a cliff, hit his head on some ice and that was it? Naturally, that sounded gruesome and the tugging on his fabric told a story, but all of this was how life went, no?

"I'm not pushing you, you're supposed to be pushing me, dork", he calmly explained, as if there wasn't a good chance that this was his last moment of being alive, but he knew that he either wouldn't be pushed, just berated by the blonde for being a fucking idiot and setting him up like that, or it was going to get really fucking cold really fucking soon - whatever came first, well, he'd figure that out soon enough. Before Yujin could do anything however, he was let go off, not with a definite push, but it was enough to make him stumble backwards and fall off of the little cliff that he stood on. His heart stopped in his chest, just for a second and he, among other things, wondered how that would feel, now that he ... god, Richard was the stupid one, wasn't he? Of course he didn't want to do this, was regretting his actions and reaching after him, but even that was in vain, he pretty much was out of his grasp already, or so he thought, once he extended his hand towards the blonde and actually grabbed a few of his fingers - and thus, gravity did to the rest for them and he was the one pulling the blonde down with him. "Why would you do that!", he yelled, almost immediately before being swallowed by the big, dark waves that had been crashing into the ice earlier. Being in the water right now, having the fucking cold fill his body like that, felt almost gruesome - and the moment he came up, gasping for air, he was looking for the blondie that had fallen in here with him and, very much, used him as a landing platform. Eugh, they had to get out of here, at least onto one of the floes - this was going swimmingly.
    • He even made jokes about the possibility to be killed right in this instance and though Richard didn't intent to actually push him and was pretty sure he didn't, Yujin stumbled backwards. What was this clumsy idiot doing? Richard didn't think about his own actions, just tried to reach for the wolfs hand, that was something he didn't think he'd do in his current state, but alas he didn't want him to die. He'd tell himself it was because he didn't know hot to explain all of this to Nayantai and Yujins parents, but in the end he wasn't ready to kill a stranger that was very much crazy and didn't know when to shut up. His hand actually found parts of Yujins body, but gravity was apparently stronger than Richard had anticipated. He tried to just pull him back, but he had no chance, instead he himself slipped on the ice underneath his feet and was swept off of them, only to fall right behind Yujin. The fall took so long the wolf had actually still time to say something, though Richard had other problems than to decipher whatever left his mouth, it was probably something along the lines 'shit'. At least that was what Richard was thinking as he prepared for the impact.

Yujin was the one hitting the water hard, opening the surface for Richard to land right after him, or rather on him. His body had been cold before, but now Richard felt like his body instantly stopped working at the same time he lost contact to the wolf and didn't know where he was anymore. He kept himself from grasping for air, because here was none, only water that would drown him. He didn't exactly know where up and down was anymore and it didn't help that is was already dark outside, so he found himself in a balck watery mess. Panic was the last thing that would help him, he rather tried his best to get to the surface and in the end his head popped up from under water and he grasped for air, this time allowing his body to. The waves didn't back down, instead just a few feet from Richard, they crashed into the ice with a loud noise and the blonde knew, that he absolutely didn't want to get swiped away back there. Where was Yujin though? It was so damn dark! "Yujin?!", he called his name, though most of it was swallowed either by the sound of the waves or due to the fact that his chest tightened and didn't quite let him talk, let alone breath. He needed to get out of the water and thus he was looking for the next best piece of ice that was floating around. The rather light clothes he wore did him almost good this time around, at least they didn't pull him down, though he got rid of his soaked coat before attempting to swim somewhere else. He probably should have gotten rid of his sword too, but that he couldn't and so tried his best to keep his head out of the water while the current tried to pull him closer to the deadly cliff. Finally he reached some ice and dragged himself out of the water onto a floe, coughing heavily. His body was shaking so much, he couldn't force himself to another attempt to call out for the wolf, instead he dragged himself a little bit further as to not slip down the ice and back into the water again.
    • Now, that wasn't how he wanted to spend an afternoon, but it seemingly made Richard take his mind off of things and focus on the tasks at hand, so it couldn't be so bad, could it now? In the end, he was the one that tried his best, that tried to keep the blonde engaged, but all that had brought them was falling face first into ... whatever this puddle of water was and it also netted them nothing but the wanning realization that throwing one another into the open sea, in the dead of the night, wasn't a fun game to begin with. Was it even night yet? For all he knew, it could be three in the afternoon, but who gave a damn about that? After this, he'd be tired enough to warrant a good nights sleep. Eventually, he heard his name being called out, all the while he frantically searched around him for the blonde, but he couldn't find him anywhere - moving was especially annoying with his clothes, but that wasn't really an obstacle he'd let himself held back by now, he just pushed past any wave that was surging before he'd be slammed headfirst into a piece of stubborn ice. "Richard!?", he called out, looking around, until he eventually saw at least something that wasn't an icefloe or water move - god, they shouldn't have done this, but now they already had committed to it and the regret that was welling up inside either of them had to wait until all of this was over.

Yujin was either too prideful to discard some of his clothing or just straight up insane, but whatever it was, he just swam towards where he thought that Richard was, which wouldn't be such a big deal if the goddamn waves weren't holding him back, though, he was used to this is all that he had to tell himself, he knew that this was what he'd wanted and therefore, he had not a single right to complain. Instead, he moved closer and closer, piece by piece and let some icefloes guide him along the way - how the hell did they even get as far apart from one another? Though, all of this felt like a crawl, he eventually reached the blonde on his little safe haven, but he made no attempts to crawl onto it himself, only hanging onto the edge. "Let's get out of here, I'll gladly lend you a hand", he said, extending it towards the blonde, but what would he do once he didn't want to get back in here, just because it was cold and gross? Well, Yujin would have to force him, but that wasn't what he wanted either, was it now? They actually had to devise some sort of plan and suddenly, he started looking for the shore - or at least a place where they could climb back up without much trouble, but all he found in the distance was endless white and ... it was too dark to see more than that, but there seemed to be some platforms over there, no? "You see that ice over there?", he asked, pointing in its direction. "I think that's our safest bet to get out of here."
    • Richard was still coughing while his body tried his best to just stop whatever he was doing to keep alive. His hair had already turned to icy clumps that stuck to his head, which he turned when he heard his name in the distance. He couldn't answer, not yet at least, his throat felt like it was freezing shut from the inside and eventually Richard ripped the piece of fabric from his neck, revealing the scar that haunted him. It was too dark to see it and Yujin had a whole bunch of different problems to begin with. Besides the fabric had stuck to him, froze stiff and would have made life much harder for him anyway. Where was the wolf anyway? Richard turned his head to look for him, it almost was a relief to here his voice calling Richards name, because he couldn't have him drown here, how would he explain any of this? Richard wondered, his wolf genes must have been strong, after all he wasn't dead, not yet at leat, although his body felt like it wanted to give up. His fingers were numb, almost his whole hand and he had no idea what to do, once he found Yujin. At the very least he didn't crack his head open on some ice, that was... something. Richard wouldn't have found him if he had slowly drowned.

Eventually Yujins head popped up at the side of the floe Richard kneeled on. "I don't... need your help...", he grumbled shaking, it was cold inside and out of the water and he couldn't stay here, but Richard wasn't sure if he was able to keep himself from sinking down like a stone. Well, he had to, because he needed to prove to Yujin and himself that he wasn't weak and very much able to survive out here, yet Yujin seemed like he felt just a little chilly. For now he followed where the wolfs finger was pointing, asking himself how they'd come back home. Maybe it was better to just stop by Yujins place, wherever that was, but at least there were no icy cliffs directly at the town. The town however also was a good ten minutes from here if they walked, which they didn't. Whatever, Yujin seemed to have a plan and so Richard nodded and eventually let himself back into the water, he left his neckerchief on the floe though. He had enough of those and it was just some silk, he'd be able to buy more, right? "Swim ahead.", he said, clinging to the floe. It was dark and they needed to stay close, lest he'd probably lose sight of Yujin again, but the wolf was the one with a plan and so Richard simply followed. "What the... actual hell... did you fall off for?", he grumbled though, shivering, his voice trembling but being angry at Yujin for being a clumsy idiot seemed to be a good distraction from the cold that enveloped his whole body and made it difficult to breath.
    • They both were stupid, weren't they? Insisting on one thing, doing the other, but in the end, this somehow was fun - much more funny than he thought it would be, to be fair. Yujin was, without a doubt, still amazed by the fact that the blonde didn't drop dead and that he seemingly was fine, just like that, even though he froze quite a bit - at least his shivering form told him as much. Getting rid of all their clothes wasn't an option, in fact, it never had been, but he considered it, though, that wouldn't help them one bit, not like this, not right now and especially not when drowning was still a valid option. Though, Yujin was just happy that neither of them had been injured, that they both were as fine as they could be and yet, they weren't out of harms way or anywhere remotely safe. Instead, he was being growled at again - so Richard wasn't even easily appeased with a nice, cold shower against his hot and almost bursting temper, what a shame. "Whatever you say", he answered, gifted the blonde a smile and that was it - if he didn't want his hand, he'd keep it to himself and that was about all there was to it. Sure, he could have done something else and sure, there was no need for him to act like this, fancy what was happening or the way he was treated, but by god, he didn't mind, not one bit.

"You sure? I don't want you to get swept up by the waves, carried away and then I have to explain why I let you drown", Yujin said, but instead of waiting for a reply, he got going and just hoped that all of this was going to be over soon. The water was going to get to him, but not anytime soon - as for Richard, however, he didn't know. Wolf genes were useful, but he still wasn't used to the climate he was in and not any wolf would survive out here, either, especially not in this water and especially not without the suns influence to begin with. Truth be told, he figured out by himself that this idea was stupid, that neither of them should have done this, but it was fine, at least for the time being, at least to him. "I don't know, I lost my footing when you let go of me - but you really shouldn't have reached after me, I thought that would quell your anger, you know?" In the end, it was all for naught and now he was the one that the blonde directed his anger at, but ... Yujin didn't care, instead, he just checked back a few times, swam ahead, wanted to make sure that the blonde wasn't falling behind - and once they caught up to the shore, he was relieved to be out of the water and have somewhat hard footing under his feet. "Well, that was quite the adventure - you want to go back home now?"
    • How was Yujin still smiling? How was he acting like he wasn't cold at all, just like he just took a dip in the east, in Olette or Lavern were it was actually almost too hot for Richard? Was this what it meant to be half sheep? That he'd not be a strong as this random guy that let himself be pushed off a cliff, crash into icy waters and swim back to shore as if it was nothing? For a moment there he reminded him of Dayan, swimming ahead, doing something stupid and checking that Richard was still able to keep up, checking if he didn't... Richards eyes got almost fixated on the head with long black hair in front of him, even in a situation like this his demons followed him and reminded him of what had happened. He again clenched his teeth, also to keep them from chattering because of the cold. There was something else he should put his mind to, namely swimming after the wolf after he told him once more he was sure. Richard soon didn't feel his hands anymore as he swam a few meters to then cling to some ice again, pulling himself further and to the next. The waves were crashing over them, getting water all over Richards face time and time again, but he managed to follow Yujin with the same speed.

"If you'd died I... I'd have a lot of... explaining to do and that's... that's annoying...", he answered shivering but his eyes told the same story as before, were sharp and unapproachable, though for now he rather stuck to Yujin than crawl back home alone. He didn't even know how they'd start to get back somewhere warm. When they finally reached the shore, Richard crawled back onto solid ground, still coughing and shivering, but mostly annoyed by the fact that Yujin was acting like this had been a fun trip and nothing to worry about at all. "How are you so...?", Richard stopped his sentence for another cough and for now turned around to sit on his butt and take a breather for a few moments. He let his head fall back, but his eyes wandered over to the wolf. "Aren't you... cold? What about your back? You've hit the water from... pretty high..." If he seemed like he cared if Yujin was alright, the only reason was that he needed to know he got him back home safe, that was all! Well whatever, he looked up and behind himself to the steep wall they found there way to. If he needed to climb that, he could just give up right here right now, right? As if he did he let himself fall onto his back and mentally prepared for the worst night of his fucking life, then again he should probably keep moving his body to not let it cool off even more.
    • Keeping calm and not letting things get to him, that had always been the only thing that he gave a definite damn about, no? Yujin wanted nothing more than a ferw happy memories, things to enjoy, nothing more than that, but his life itself was kind of not considering that, in the end, he was a prince of Silesse and should act accordingly, so why was he so damn pressed about having people around him that liked him, that gave a damn about him and not just about the fact that they all had to like him anyway, regardless of their opinions? Or was it that he just couldn't stand seeing someone who had a worse time than him? Yujin wouldn't call himself good-natured or even slightly interested in strangers problems, but alas, what else was he supposed to do or think of himself like this, especially when he didn't even have the time to consider other things? All in all, it only mattered that they got back to the shore, that he felt the ice and snow under his feet - and ass, now that he was sitting there - but it was better than being afloat and not knowing if they were going to make it to begin with. This idea had been stupid, yes, but when wasn't he an idiot and when didn't he try to come up with good solutions for horrible things? The world was, albeit not his own to shape, still something that he should be wary of, as much as he loathed to do just that sometimes.

"Explaining something like that can't be fun, thanks for looking out for me", he chuckled, amused by the fact that for some reason, this little ice prince cared about him some more than he let on. He wasn't complaining, nto one bit, and he'd keep it that way, mainly for the sake of his own sanity and because he had nothing to gain from acting like a stubborn idiot that could only come up with the simplest of things for entertainment, so to speak. "What? Idiotic? Cheerful? Annoying?", he asked, now that Richard hadn't finished his sentence - he woul do that, just for him, because in the end, why wouldn't he? "I don't know, I'm just trying to help." That was all the explanations that Yujin had for his behavior and truth be told, he didn't need any more than those to make all of this worth his while, did he now? In the end, he was merely being played with, just like a fiddle, by himself and what did he care? Not one bit, because in the end, it was fun - as much fun as it could be. "I'm used to the cold, as for my back, doesn't exactly hurt, my clothes are pretty patted out, you know? I'm more worried about you and the way you're grasping for air. But I expected something like this, you're not used to any of this yet, so ... take it easy, alright?", Yujin implored Richard, before he got off of his own ass - his clothes were soaked and Richards belongings, cloak and silk, were gone and to be swept away by the waves. A shame, if he thought about it, but nothing that either of them needed to cry about. Instead, he looked at the icy walls above them and the fact that they had to climb these without slipping, falling and breaking their skulls open. "Hm, you know, we have two options. Either climb up from here, or we'll walk a bit until we reach that part over there, there should at least be a ladder or something. But we'd be pretty close to town that way, so it would be easier to go to my home than yours ... I really don't want you to turn into an icicle."
    • "I... I didn't...! Forget it!", Richard replied, no he was not looking out for Yujin, if anything he was looking out for himself, because he rather not have someone killed. That would probably cause a lot of troubles and besides, Those people were Nayantais friends so it would have been even worse. After a shocked glance was shot at the wolf, Richard averted his gaze again, looking anywhere else. No he wasn't his friend or anything, just because he didn't want him fall off a cliff and crack his head open. They both had been lucky, they could have ended up on a piece of ice and if that hadn't killed them, or at least Yujin, then probably having some broken bones while getting pushed around by the waves would have. Richard was lucky his body was filled with his mothers genes and allowed him to not die from the cold in an instant. There were people in Adrestia who fell into a cold puddle and died of a stroke, this here was way more extreme. But as he had followed around his brother, he'd also be able to follow around this guy for now, until he had warmed up again.

"All of the above. You could have died and I don't think there is a possibility to get colder than this, yes you smile like an idiot.", he replied sitting up again and finally pushed himself to get back on his feet again. At least there had been no cold wind for as long as they were in the water, but there was now. The wound on Richards neck stung when he lifted up his head to see how far he would have needed to climb and he wondered if something happened when he hit the water, after all not too long ago there had been a big cut in the thin skin there. "You don't have to act all nice and happy, I'd rather see you being honest.", he pointed out while slowly catching his breath again, still he was cold, after all he was still wet and the cold air was filling up his lounges and crawling under his skin. "Used to... the cold? How often are you taking a dip in this icy water?!", Richard wanted to knw, was this guy crazy? How many people had pushed him off a cliff, because he was an annoying asshole? "I'm... fine..." But he wondered how he'd explain all of this and if their parents where looking for them at some point. Well Richard went out a lot, so there was nothing much to worry about, but still, they better didn't know what had happened. Richard looked at the wall again, then the way they'd need to go, all the way to the dancing lights in the distance eventually, or the shortcut up a slippery wall, with numb fingers and legs and a body forced to keeping himself together once more. Richard wasn't sure if he was able to climb that thing, but he'd not tell that to Yujin. "Either way is fine."
    • "Yes, yes, I will", he assured Richard - but he wouldn't, not when he had been working so hard on changing the latters mood or even making him give a damn about anything - this was some sort of victory, wasn't it? Sure, he could try as he might, but in reality, they both were their own people with their own problems and that meant they had to care about something, somehow that was. "This is Silesse, if you think it's cold already, it isn't cold enough just yet. Which also means that we do have some time before we freeze to death, actually. And I'm glad my smile is stupid enough", he chuckled. That meant that Richard was, at least, focusing on something else that wasn't himself or any of the things he had to live with, wasn't that it? Sure, Yujin could have been a bit friendlier when he explained things, but for some reason, that didn't get through that thick skull that the blonde seemed to have - and the fact, that most of his stupidity was played, well, none of it was even remotely obvious to Richard, not that it sounded like it anyway. What now, though? Was he supposed to try and figure the rest out on his own or was it all in vain? "Honest? Oh, I am. Look, I don't mind and I offered you to throw me in there - the one thing that confused me was that you took a dip in there, right after me. So I'm just trying to fix things."

Solemn was anything bust this journey ahead of them, but soon enough, he put his hands on some of the ice before him and tried to pull himself up, gain footing, but all that happened was, that he dug his fingernails into the ice and found himself back on the floor. So there was no way in hell they'd get up there from here, well, that meant walking, no? "Uh, a lot? I mean, we go for a swim when we want to, doesn't matter how cold the water is - it's not like we can choose." Plus, the cold built resistance and while some wolves did get sick, Yujin didn't remember the last time that he actually caught something that was as severe as Richard was making this - and the upcoming after-effects - out to be. So, why should they stand around here like this? It was better to get going and thus, he did, signaling the blonde to just follow after him, all the while he just listened to the ridiculous things that poored out of his mouth, which probably was agape by now. "If you say so, I'll leave you to it - but before you freeze to the floor or can't move, tell me, will you?", he made clear before going on ahead. God, his hair would dry into icy clumbs sometime soon and that wasn't going to feel great, but at least his hair wasn't wet, right? For now, it stuck to his head and any of the strands he tried to get out of his face fell right back into it, how annoying. "Then get a move on, Richard."
    • Richard suddenly wanted to go back home. He didn't fit in here and being told that this wasn't even the coldest that he could get was not a welcome prospect. He also was annoyed by the fact that Yujin didn't care at all, that he just crawled out of this icy water and kept going as if nothing had happened. He was annoyed by the fact that he didn't even have to shed some clothes to not be pulled down into the water and he was annoyed that also his stupid ass long hair didn't bother him, though it had to weigh a ton when it was wet and freezing. All of that just meant that he was weak in the end, that he wasn't as strong as he wanted to be and that he'd never come close to Dayan, or able to leave this place on his own. Yujin probably didn't know, but he made the situation worse yet again. Richard had prefered them both freezing and shivering, he had prefered being yelled at for throwing him down there, although he pretty much didn't. He also didn't wish for Yujin to be hurt in particular, but just taking a fall like that, landing on his back from this height, how was he not? It made no sense, were full grown wolves even human, or was all of this just an act to make Richard worry about himself and not someone else.

"Well I didn't push you, you fell off. Why would you even ask me to do that?", Richard asked and started to wrap his arms around his own body, rubbing himself over cold skin in the hopes it would help freeze less. "You don't need to fix anything. I'm good on my own and you certainly don't have to fix me." Actually this wouldn't have happened if Yujin had just left him alone, but that wasn't the problem. Richard simply didn't want to get fixed, he knew he was broken and not himself anymore, but he refused to be just happy, when so many others couldn't anymore. He didn't want some one to pick him up or help him, that probably was the reason why he seldomly exchanged a word with Nayantai lately. For now he watched Yujin trying to climb up the wall of ice, which didn't work, not one bit. If they went to town, waited for their clothes to dry and then started to walk back to the hut, wouldn't their parents notice anything? Well whatever, maybe Yujin was going to tell them anyway, Richard wasn't sure how to handle this yet. "You can choose not to swim here.", he responded, why would anyone do that? If Richard could help it, he wouldnt even put this icy water on his face, when he could just wate until a fire warmed it up. "Just shut up, I won't die of this.", he said once more, was it possible for this guy to stop caring about a stranger for one minute?! He followed Yujin along the slim coastline, waves on the right and ice on the left, while not trying to slip, since climbing wasn't an option anymore. "It's Richard, you're saying it wrong. Listen, Nayantai gave me some sort of wolf name, at least you won't butcher my real name if I told you you can call me Arikin, right?"
    • They both had their own secrets to keep and the last time Yujin even cared about himself or his health in partifular was when he actually feld blood quell from his body, not now, his adrenaline was still running high and there had been no reason for him to even think about changing anything about that to begin with. Sure, this wasn't easy and he still felt his wet clothes partially dragging along the icy, frozen floor that he was walking over, but what else was he going to do? Take it off, leave it where they were and then hope for something to happen, or was all of this just a thought that he couldn't bear to be his own? "Like I said, I thought you'd feel better if I did and here I am, figuring out that I might have been wrong - but at least I distracted you for a second", he admitted, knowing that none of this was helping either of them. Sure, they both were trying and yes, happiness was't given out like candy to little children, but right now, he felt like either of them deserved at least some of of it, no matter how he thought about it, this wasn't being fair, was it now? In the end, what did he know, really? Yujin could have crashlanded into some ice and found himself sleeping with the fishes, or he was just lucky enough to ignore everything around him. Why not lead either of them back to the hut now, though?

"No one said anything about fixing you, I'm trying to help - bandages don't automatically fix things, you know?", he suggested to his newfound friend, even though Richard didn't seem to be as enthralled by the fact that he was the one that was now annoying the everloving fuck out of him. Sure, they could try as they might, think about it and then give it another thought, but as all of this went, he was sure that none of this was leading either of them anywhere, except closer to the glistening lights that they'd watched from afar not too long ago. "I could, but where'd the fun be? I don't see what I'd gain from that, actually", he let the blonde know, going further and further, as far as his feet were willing to drag him. Actually, this wasn't so bad for a nightly workout, wasn't it? Not that he'd repeat it, but at least he was having fun, not as much as Richard though, who seemed to be ticked off by the slightest of things. What was it with him anyway? "I'm just being cautious, you're not used to anything here, right? How would you know how to behave? I don't blame you, there's time to learn and I don't see why I wouldn't give you that. And now, stop putting words into my mouth." When did he ever insinuate that either of them were going to die of this cold to begin with? In the end, he was the one that grew up here, that knew the ropes and Richard was, for the lack of a better word, someone that didn't need to, not yet. "Arikin? Oh my, your dad's cheesy, isn't he? But ... do you even want to be called that? You wouldn't have introduced yourself as Richard if you'd want me to, would you?"
    • Actully having Yujin walk upfront was kind of annoying. His wet clothes soaked the ground and made the ice even more slippery. Furthermore Richards boots probably weren't exactly made for this underground, but up until now he never had a problem with it. Well, he probably read too much into it, since the waves were spilling water all over the ice as well, but blaming Yujin for something felt better than not to. He still wondered though, if he was acting like everything was fine, or if his back really didn't hurt. How many meters did they fall anyway? It sure were at least ten, maybe more, one was not supposed to land flat on the waters surface, Richard had jumped off cliffs before and failed and therfor knew enough about it. "Are you always asking strangers to push you down a cliff?", Richard asked shaking his head, rolling his eyes and sighing deeply. Was it worrysome that he couldn't even see the little clouds that his breath formet in front of his eyes? It was dark as hell in the shadow of the icy cliff. The short days here sucked, it probably wasn't even late.

"They should, maybe you just used them wrong all the time.", Richard bit back, what Yujin said didn't even make sense in the first place. But whatever Richard also didn't want any help, no matter if it fixed something or not and it kind of ticked him off, that he had told Yujin who he really was and he didn't even mention it anymore. All he did was say something about minor details and pushing him down a cliff, that wasn't a normal reaction, was it? At least he could have told the blonde that he was sorry for what happened to him, but apparently he actually didn't care, yet he nagged and followed him around to 'help' him. Richard didn't understand Yujin one bit who acted like he didn't hear what the blonde has told him. "I... You wouldn't be freezing! Whatever!" There, again, what was Yujin even talking about? He didnt gain anything from not going to swim in the icy water? Well he also didn't gain anything from doing it! Richard was almost taken aback by his stupidity. Again he wanted to bite back, but he actually had no arguments, after all Yujin was acting nice enough and didn't tell him he'd never belong here, just not right now, after only a few weeks. "Why? What does it mean?", Richard immedietly asked after hearing Yujins reaction to the wolf name he was given. "I don't want to be here, thats why I stuck with Richard, but I figured none of you blockheads will get it right. My wolf name doesn't make me fit in either though, I guess it's pretty obvious I'm not from here and if you tell me the name is stupid, I won't use it..." What did Nayantai do?!