sinbound. [Akira & Earinor] [ENG]

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Caelan made his way through the crowd to get a bottle of water. He found one pretty quick and also noticed that food was ready to be served at a big buffet fairly soon. He made sure to remember that, but for now walked back to their own little place, sat next to Orlando on the ground and put the bottle next to him. "Drink up.", he said, Orlando just mumbling something, not wanting to get up. "I said drink up, you'll thank me later and eat some of those nuts." Caelan grabbed the bowl he nibbled from before and sat it next to Orlando on the ground. "No...more... drink...", the young noble whined and Caelan just grinned at him, pulling him up and forcing the bottle in his hands. "Drink. Up.", he once again said, before getting on his feet again and joining Ronan - and Isabella - again on the pillow fort. Instead of to the girl however, he turned to Ronan, looked at Ethan grabbing the cards and shuffling them again.

"Who won?", Caelan asked, he actually wanted to see the game but it was over more quickly than he had thought. "I won.", Ethan announced, looking at Caelan, then to Ronan again. "Wanna play once more? You almost had me, it was fun.", he said, Caelan started to grin. "That's a huge compliment coming from him, just so you know.", he hummed, taking a sip of his own glass and keeping his attention of the two of them. "Maybe we could try beating him together, though I'm not sure how much of help I'll be.", he laughed, he certainly wouldn't try to sabotage Ronan, but if he was able to help was another question. Ethan beat him with ease after all, as well as Orlando and Cameron. Four eyes however saw more than two, so maybe combined they could beat him, even though Caelan didn't expect to get involved all too much, yet he wanted to spend time on this side, rather than the other housing Cameron and the two girls.
    • Ronan wouldn't argue over a game played fair, nor would he try and talk himself out of his loss - this was, what had happened and it was just fine that way. After all, a loss in card game wouldn't predict the outcome of todays tournament and it sure as hell wouldn't tell him whether or not he was to actually find time to beat Caelan - if all went like he wanted it, he wouldn't actually have to join the tournament, but this was merely a wish that nobody was willing to fulfill, not even he himself, unwilling to insult himself and his own honor to begin with. As the blonde returned, with water in tow, he watched him pester Orlando for a while so that the fellow noble wouldn't die from his headache later on, let alone have to deal with it tomorrow in horrible conditions when he actually should be doing something else - someone like Orlando wouldn't be fighting in the tournament, would he? Except for Caelan and maybe Cameron, Ronan didn't think that any of them were really interested in raising their weapon of choice and trying to beat their opponent, but also unlike those two, Ronan was the one that got coaxed into it by Caelan's incredibly sweet words and his voice, that probably could sound like honey if he wanted it to.

"He won", Ronan admitted, not even sour about the outcome, though, the smile had disappeared and was replaced with a bit of confusion, as Caelan had decided that he was going to give his attention to him instead of his date - why would he? "Good to know - I feel honored", he responded. Compliments felt nice, even if they came from someone he barely knew and made him realize what exactly he had missed all these past years - and, of course, he couldn't decline now, could he? "I'd love to try and beat you again and put up a fight while I go down!" Ronan wasn't believing in the fact that he'd manage to beat Ethan, but at least he had his fair share of fun while losing, even more so now that Caelan had returned and was offering him ... a hand? "Hm, if you actually put your mind to it and don't halfass it, I don't see why we shouldn't try", he responded to Caelan, before he faced Ethan again. Was this against the rules? No, after all, Ethan was the one that had helped him in the earlier rounds and he could still use the excuse that he was a beginner himself, still yearning to learn more. "Is that alright with you?", Ronan asked, having found some more confidence under the heap of trash he called his emotions. "Oh, also - is there anything you wanna bet on?" Why was he doing this? Did he actually need the thrill?
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "No need to thank me...", Ethan mumbled, he was not used to give out comoliments not to speak about getting thanks for it. Caelan was just glad they got along and Ronan seemed to have fun. The stuttering was gone and he seemed genuinely happy to play another game and not just faking it because he felt he needed to be polite. "You working together is fine by me.", Ethan responded shuffling the cards. "I'll try putting my mind to it then and if it's only to see Ethan sweat a bit.", Caelan laughed. Ethan stopped dealing the cards when Ronan suddenly proposed another bet, he was all ears. "Didn't I tell you not to?", Caelan laughed, but Ronan got himself into that mess. "How about another bottle of wine?", Ethan asked fairly confident, Caelan raising an eyebrow, Ethan wasn't the one to drink a lot. "You are sure you'd win right?", Caelan asked, "So one bottle for a bottle, what do you think Ronan?" "No.", Ethan interrupted with a cunning look on his face. "Actually it's two of you, one bottle for me and two for you, but you may distribute however you like, but two empty bottles at the end." Caelan didn't even think about it, instead he just looked at Ronan, he should make that decision.

The tournament was the next day, but only some day afternoon and it was only the first few rounds, Caelan was sure whatever happened, at that time he would be fit enough to properly fight, so if Ronan really wanted a bet, he'd be with him. Looking at Orlando it wasn't exactly nice to ex a whole bottle, but Caelan wasn't going to back out and after all he haf a reason to really put his mind to it now, maybe that made their chances of winning even better?
    • Caelan had been the one that had told him not to do something as stupid as to bet something when playing with Ethan, but Ronan was the one that was hellbound on making this game more interesting and not wasting away the rest of this day by being stuck up and prude, seemingly unwilling to engage in anything but pleasantries that only scratched the surface. "Good, then it's settled!", the black haired noble announced, full of vigor and some excitement, unwilling to let himself be shaken by the new revelation. If they were going to play this, then it would be fun and if it wasn't, they still had some wine to keep them company. Of course, nobody provided it so some younglings could drink their hearts out, or play silly little games, but that was what it was going to be used for, if one liked it or not barely ever mattered. "You did, but I'm going to ignore your warnings and see how this will turn out", he said, emptying out his glass of wine and shoving it off of their mountain of pillows, after making sure not one droplet remained - and so that nobody could offer him any more. "Two bottles for us and one for you is perfectly fine for me, so if Caelan agrees, and those are your conditions, I'm happy to play with those!"

Ronan took it upon himself to get his hands back on the cards and try his hand at shuffling them. Was he going to win, just because he had a big, strong, kind of dumb man by his side or was he going to get beaten by Ethan again and forced to drink at least one bottle of wine? Whatever it was, he was fairly certain that he'd be able to deal with it - there wasn't anything in Lavern that remotely tasted as horrible as some alcohol in Alster or Fhaergus did, so a singular bottle wouldn't kill him or Caelan, yes? Once he was sure that he had shuffled them throughoutly, his gaze went back to Ethan, before he gave both him and himself some cards, just to get this whole mess finally started with. "Well, we both picked this - so you either help me win, Caelan, or we will both suffer because we dared to place a bet with Ethan!", Ronan chimed, almost anticipating that he might lose, but instead it was just that this whole situation had gone from not that enjoyable to actually kind of funny. Now, he only had to win or lose and who knew, maybe, just maybe, if he got Caelan drunk somehow, some way, he could drag him back to his room and en-. No, absolutely not. This was out of question, they had to win. No matter how much he wanted to rest his head on Caelans soon to-be exposed chest, this wasn't going to happen.
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • Caelan laughed, Ronan was willing to bet with such high stakes, although Ethan had beaten him before. Caelan wasn't sure if he wanted to have an excuse to make both of them drunk, or if he really thought he could win after one game and with Caelans help this time. He really wouldn't say he was dumb, but he also wasn't very good at this game, what he was maybe good at was noticing when Ethan bluffed. "I'm fine with it.", he announced, ready to take whatever bet was actually. It was fun and he didn't mind loosing at all. Ronan was the one proposing a bet after he had been warned and so Caelan wouldn't even feel bad about dragging him into something stupid he probably never did before. Maybe he did it only because of that, because he never had a group of stupid friends to do stupid things with which he could regret or not on the next day. In the end what matters was that he had fun and while Caelan seriously wasn't after making him drunk, he now did that to himself if they lost.

While Ronan dealt the cards Cselan watched, asking himself if he should be going to get some water for the looser right away, but the game already began, so he didn't. Instead he let Ronan take the cards and calling the shots, just giving a little advice or rather offered his thoughts about what he would do. To do that he layed one arm around the noble and leaned forwars to have a good look at the cards. In fact he even bedded his chin on Ronans shoulder, while his arm lyied leisurely around his shoulder. "You seem to enjoy yourself after all .", he smiled right before they started and afterwards watched how the game unfolded. His hand moved just a little bit, pointing at the cards sometimes to tell Ronan what he would do, before dropping down again and keep hanging around hia shoulder and after a back and forth between them and Ethan it still was open who'd win. If they'd manage to win two mpre rounds, they still were able to beat him. "Ethans sweating... I never saw him like this!", he laughed quietly, before lowering his voice even more, to only have Ronan hear him whispering in his ear. "I think he's bluffing, look at his hands clinging to the cards...", he chuckled,resting his heas back on Ronans shoulder to just watch again after his short offering of advice.
    • The best mistake one could make, so to speak, was sometimes fucking himself over to have some fun and if that meant sabotaging not only him, but also Caelan, Ronan would be willing to do whatever - but he wouldn't go down without putting up a fight so that it at least looked like he wasn't doing any of this on purpose. Although, he wasn't even trying to lose - this was nothing more than a combination of wits, luck and maybe some fate - the outcome would be whatever he set his mind on. Did he need Caelan to be drunk? Not necessarily. Should Ronan himself be drunk? Maybe, to get rid of the stiffness and his own mental restraints, holding him back. In the end, however, it was him, Caelan and some cards in his hands, sitting across from Ethan and trying to read his face, though, Caelan was a great help at that - while Ronan himself could just guess what was true and what wasn't, Caelan seemed to know his friend quite well, for the most part anyway. Not only was this an advantage but also something he had anticipated from the start; good for him, after all. What was he actually trying, though? Caelan came so close that he could feel his hot breath on his clothed skin yet again and the arm, resting on him as well, felt uncomfortably warm and somewhat pleasant, but also like it was burning itself into his skin as a reminder that all of this was wrong and that his ulterior motive, in the end, was nothing more than this.

That he wanted Caelan for himself, to not share him again for the rest of the day but that meant that he'd - probably - have to be smart and come up with something equally smart, instead of stupid like he tended to be. "Oh, trust me - I am", the black haired noble responded. It felt nice, despite the fact that it wasn't exactly cold right now and he was wearing a coat anyway, to have Caelan around to warm him up yet again. All of this was great, the game was fun and the extra advice he got wasn't something he would say no to when Caelan offered it and in the end, it got them this far - only to see Ethan seemingly out of luck. "Then this is a rare sight to behold, huh?", Ronan asked, as he looked down at his own cards - and immediately tensed up as the blonde decided to get a little closer, a little more ... friendly with him, as he'd put it. His heart was pounding all of a sudden and his eyes wavered, instead glued onto the arm over his shoulder, before he caught himself and looked at Ethan. "You think he is?" Honestly, he probably was, by the way this looked - sadly, that wasn't the case and Caelan was - for the first time - actually wrong about the behavior of his friend. This, however, also meant they had just lost - and Ronan gritted his teeth for a second, before snorting and laughing almost silently. "Well, I guess he wasn't - but hey, we almost had you!"
    • After Ethan lay down his cards he let out a relieved sigh and smiled. "Yeah, I admit I was scared of loosing there.", he said, which probably explained his tense attitude, but after all, Caelan made a mistake and he was going to own up to it. "Sorry, I guess that wasn't a good advice at all.", he smiled an apologetic smile, while Ethan already stood up. "It was a good game. Thanks. I'll get your wine then, don't try to run.", he said, going on his way to find two more bottles of wine, or maybe more for later on. "And some water please?", Caelan called after him, Ethan just raised his hand as a sign he heard him and soon vanished in the crowd. Caelan took his arm off of Ronan an leaned back, looking at him, he had completely forgot about his actual date if he was honest, which still was trying to get into the discussion between Cameron and her friend. "I'm sorry, that was my fault. I'll drink your bottle too, if you want.", he smiled, offering Ronan a way out of this, though he was the one betting on it. Caelan didn't mind drinking, he was sure that the alcohol would get to his head, but he'd not be out cold if he drank not one, but two bottles, at least he hoped that was the case. Laverns wine wasn't as strong anyway, they liked it light and fresh, drinking it all over the day sometimes, not like the alcohol Alster, Fhaergus or Stenz served, which seemingly only was used to numb ones brain and make him into a complete idiot, because no one could say it tasted good. Still it was fun drinking it, forcing it down ones throat and feeling it burn everywhere. The next day mostly was a nightmare, but Caelan was already kind of used to it. Now he had had three months of drinking no alcohol at all, because he wasn't drinking alone in Fhaergus and he didn't exactly have someone to share a drink with except maybe his uncle. Hopefully that wouldn't bring his demise.

"Why ever have you bet on something like this?", Caelan asked Ronan laughing, he warned him twice and still... "Now you are making us both drunk, after calling me out for giving you one single glass of wine!" He shook his head, had nothing against it and Ethan was already back, with two bottles of wine and one bottle of water. He handed the wine to each of the two, already opened and ready and Caelan looked at Ronan one more time. "Drink as much as you can, I'll take care of the rest.", he smiled, after all he felt somehow responsible for Ronan, for bringing him here and making him play a game, though his bet was his own. He wouldn't want to be known for corrupting the young Alster sprout, or having to deal with his father, next time they saw him, explaining to him why his son got drunk on an important event. If he was going to be, Caelan set out his goal to at least keep him from trouble, to do that, maybe it wasn't the smartest idea to do what he had to and put the bottle on his lips to drink it in one go and swallowing the red liquid until the very last drop. When he put down the bottle he felt fine still, but maybe it just needed some time to get to his head. He looked at Ronan to help him out if needed, reading the bottle of water to give it to his friend, as soon as he was finished.
    • "Only scared, huh?", Ronan asked, as he watched this entire situation unfold - fate wasn't something he was bound to believe in, but he did anyway and in the end, that was what had formed their opinions and their misinterpretations of various situatios, causing them to blow all of this out of proportion and eventually losing. "It's fine, I could have just not trusted you and we've had won - this wasn't something easy, so, that means, we'll beat Ethan soon enough, don't worry", he reassured the blonde noble, just before their supposed enemy got onto his feet to find them some wine and water. Ronan wasn't a lightweight, he just didn't indulge in the simple things but rather wanted some of schnapps or other alsterian beverages to burn the back of his throat, just to numb himself in the end - there wasn't anything else. "Don't worry, I can handle myself", Ronan retaliated. When was the last time he actually drank alcohol for fun and not to lock out the pain and have a good nights sleep? It all culminated in the fact that he was depressed anyway and that he needed to clear out his head of unnecessary thoughts from time to time, so this was something new, but not something he despised.

"I thought it'd be fun", he answered, earnestly, and kind of anticipated what would come after this. They both were lost souls in a sea of people, but that didn't mean that they couldn't have fun - and Ronan, who claimed to be nothing more than someone inherently shy and misunderstood, finally found time to indulge in carnal desires without needing a justification for it, other than having fun. "If you can't handle a bottle of wine, you shouldn't have agreed!", Ronan said, a faint but mocking smile on his thin, soft lips. Why, exactly, did he do this, though? Wasn't his ulterior motive to get Caelan drunk and drag him back to his room? Wasn't that just a scummy idea altogether? Why should he, of all people, need to lay his hands on an intoxicated friend? Ronan sighed, as Ethan returned with the two bottles of wine, the cork already gone and ready to be drunken in one go. Ronan sighed. "I'm not a little kid, Caelan", he sighed, as he put the bottle up to his lips and started to take one big gulp after the other - this was, in the end, childsplay. The red liquid tasted everything but good in the back of his throat, but he didn't care enough to stop and after he had downed it - made sure every last drop was gone - he set the empty bottle aside. "Well, I've had worse - what about you, Caelan?"
    • "Oh, so you want this to happen again? Very well...", Caelan smiled, he was good at noticing those little subtle things right away whereas another person would have just said 'Yeah, We'll do it' and left it at that, he was more focusing on the part where Ronan had fun and wanted to spend time with Caelan and his friends, or at least Ethan, again. At that, he even wanted to have Caelan back as his partner in crime in trying to beat Ethan in this game which was so very much his thing. Reassurance coming from Ronan felt almost weird, after all he usually was only seeing the negative in so many things. "Fine then, but don't complain afterwards.", Caelan smiled. He wasn't exactly sure if Ronan knew what he was getting himself into, or rather if he ever drank alcohol before. Wasn't he the good son, not doing something stupid like drinking until he couldn't stay on his feet anymore? Well, whatever it was his decision, Caelan wasn't his father and wouldn't stop him from doing stupid things.

"It'll be fun.", Caelan grinned, oh ye, Ronan was already warming up, having fun and talking without a single stutter to all these new people. It went worse than Caelan had expected first, especially after what Ronan had told him and now? Now it didn't seem to be a problem at all, maybe the few glasses of wine Caelan had poured Ronan did help somewhat, but after all he seemed to be better with people than he thought. Ethan was also a silent guy, probably having fun with similar things like Ronan, maybe that helped too. "Don't worry about me! I can handle this.", he laughed, pouring the liquid down and watching Ronan do the same. He still was a little bit worried, but at the same time enjoying him doing what he had promised after a loss. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry.", he said, after Ronan told him he wasn't a kid, so he wouldn't help him with that bottle apparently. After he was finished, Caelan looked at him, assessing if he was still fine and handing him some water. "I'm feeling good.", Caelan wasn't about to drop down like Orlando did, though he knew he had drank much more than Ronan overall until now. "Wanna find something to eat? I think we should get something in our stomachs now.", he grinned, standing up and then noticing a slight problem with his balance at first, but he was still fine, holding a hand out to Ronan to help him out of the pillows. Okay, he admitted it at least to himself, he was slightly drunk, but still himself.
    • "I don't want to lose to him again, but I sure as hell want to try and beat him again", he announced, while looking at Ethan and deciding for himself that, maybe, next time he'd do everything to have his opponent lose, except for, maybe, cheating. Other than that, Ronan was fine doing whatever Caelan would propose and just - maybe almost brainlessly - listening to him, just because he liked the smooth voice of his newfound friend and maybe also because he had a crush that was literally impossible to deny. Shame upon him, that was for sure, but he didn't necessarily mind if he were the one to receive the blame, this was - after all - nothing more than a game and nobody blamed anyone. "I won't, trust me", Ronan said - and he very much didn't. Wine was wine and whereas he might have complained, this was just fine to him - all in all, why not enjoy the night and try to make Caelans friends his own? Mainly because it felt wrong, because he didn't actually care all that much for them - except for Caelan - and whatever he needed to do to get closer to him, he would do, no questions asked, ever.

"Oh, it will be." What else except fun was there to be had? Ronan knew that it wasn't good to let himself go and just enjoy all of these festives, but here, away from the crowd and huddled up with a few strangers, it didn't feel so bad - in fact, he even felt like he didn't have to hide himself and the idea of bringing a book, to spend the night quietly in a corner, was a stupid one to begin with. What else, except Caelans attention, did he even want? "Alright", was all he had sad, but except for apologies and a glass of water, there was nothing more to this conversation. Downing the transparent liquid, Ronan set all of it aside after making sure that Caelan didn't want some himself. "That's good to hear", was all he had said, before the drunkyard next to him tried to get on his feet and looked like he struggled for the frist time - Ronan found it quite endearing. "Sure, I could use something, I think", the young noble said, before he grabbed Caelans hand and helped himself up to his feet, only to grab him by the wrist and leave with him, so that they'd at least have a somewhat quick walk and wouldn't lose one another in the crowd. "And you're really alright?", he asked, as soon as they were out of hearing proximity for the others. He himself wasn't drunk yet and not dizzy at all, just hungry.
    • "Well then do it again, maybe not today though, I doubt I'm of much help now.", Caelan grinned, feeling his cheeks warmen up a bit, though he was pretty sure he was still at his senses. He didn't lie when he said he could handle the bottle of wine, though he noticed that Ronan could too, very well at that. He didn't seem to feel a thing yet, maybe he wasn't drinking the first time, Caelan was pretty sure actually. Who knew, maybe that was another thing the Alster people were proud of, their alcohol and drinking it. Either way, he watsched Ronan drink the water and shook his head, he rather had him drink all of it to prevent any headaches on the next day. The plan to get something in his stomach was set already, so he could grab some water on the way too, after all servants moved a long the crowd almost everywhere, having also water in stock, not just wine.

After pulling Ronan to his feet, he was the one grabbed at his wrist and pulled away by Ronan, back to the crowd he hated so much to find a table with some food on it. "Hey, why are you touching me again?", he asked grinning, repeating the exact same words Ronan used just an hour or so before, only with less, or actually no surprise in his words, he just liked to remind Ronan that he was the one kind of complaining about Caelan doing that. First he asked him why he brought him a glass of wine, one single one and then asking him why he pulled him through the crowd on his wrist. Nor Ronan was the one having Caelan drink a whole bottle of wine in one go and dragging him to the buffet. "Don't worry, I may be a little bit drunk, but I won't puke anywhere, nor will I just fall over. As soon as I have eaten something the slight dizziness I won't deny will go away too.", he assured Ronan, still letting himself be dragged after him, not really caring about where exactly or whom they passed by. "Why? Are you worried about me again? That's sweet."
    • "No one said we're playing any more today, so don't worry your pretty, little head about it", Ronan laughed. On one hand, he was having fun and enjoying the calm air between him and Caelan, on the other it somewhat felt like he was not going to grasp anything anytime soon - they both were doing their best to keep the other on edge, as it seemed, but Ronan knew that all they were doing was purely platonic and he finally should stop talking himself into how it was okay to want to put his hands on Caelan and how it was perfectly fine to be himself for now, to actually allow himself to feel something for the young heir of Fhaergus. After all, even if their feelings were mutual - which they'd never be - they had countries to rule and duties to fulfill, so it was almost impossible to even think about a liaison with the fellow noble, no matter how much he wanted it. "But you did well, we both worked really well together, if I'm honest." Them fighting against one another at the tournament was something Ronan was, in fact, something that Ronan anticipated, but knowing himself and his luck, he'd probably be the one that lost again, even if it was just because Caelan distracted him too much.

"Because I can, you dork", was his short answer and as he peered into the face of the noble, he saw his grin - it was almost infectious and sickening. "If you want to touch me, by all means, you are welcome to hold my hand so I don't lose you in the crowd", this was a purely platonic proposal that wouldn't look weird at all, or would it? Ronan wasn't trying more than to keep the conversation between them going, no matter what direction it took and no matter how fast and far the alcohol could infect his system. "If food will fix the problem, eat however much you like, but make sure you can still move after that - I doubt that I can carry you back to your room", he sighed, but to be honest, he himself was quite hungry already and he'd die for just a bit of meat, if he was entirely honest. "I'm just worried that I'll be blamed for your misery tomorrow, that's all", he added, before he had finally found a pretty much deserted table - or, well, unused one - that still had some platters of food on it. Yes, Ronan of Alster could - in fact - die for food, just about now. "After all, I want to beat you in a fair fight."
    • "Calling me pretty now, aren't you?", Caelan noticed again grinning and Ronan was the one that actually laughed. Didn't it seem so hard yesterday to only smile? Now Caelan looked at him, all happy and enjoying himself, maybe he was beating himself up way too much, in the end he did seem to enjoy the evening and the following days wouldn't be less fun, if he stuck around. "Yeah we were a good team. Didn't expect that, huh? After all I'm maybe not as useless as I look." Caelan laughed and already noticed the smell of food coming from somewhere in front of them, behind the crowd. Some people already held plates in their hands and ate, there seemed to be a variety of food, no one would starve today. Caelan wanted meat, a lot of it and maybe some potatoes so it's not all that boring. "What are you going to eat?", he suddenly asked, though he would see it soon enough. Ronan seemed like a guy that could have strange taste, but maybe he was just as normal.

"Me? Wanting to touch you? You were the one grabbing me, silly.", he purred, still having his wrist held tight in Ronans hand, so he wasn't exactly able to touch him anyway. Caelan knew himself, he knew that much as Orlando they both got a little... touchy... when being drunk. Orlando was probably cuddling Ethan right now actually, getting on his nerves because he whined about being drunk and won't let him go do anything. Caelan himself wasn't like that, gladly and only to Ronans benefit, who was stuck with him after all, but he knew that a high level of alcohol made him be more offensive with whoever his date was. Though, by all means, Ronan wasn't his date, he was just a friend. What about his actual date? Well whatever, she'd be fine, Caelan had the right amount of wine in his system to probably find her somewhat attractive right now, but he rather searched for food with Ronan by his side. Thinking about his thoughts just now... he sure was drunk, at least he didn't open his mouth for the last one or two minutes to spout any of this nonsense. "Huh? What?", he asked since he wasn't paying attention at all, something about his room... well whatever. "I won't blame you, it was my decision and I can own up to that.", he answered and shook his head - bad idea by the way, but he didn't need to look were he was going anyway, after all Ronan dragged him with him. "I'll be fine for the tournament!"
    • "I can take it back if you want to insist on being ugly, prince charming." Caelan was, by no means, someone that wasn't attractive - he had a nice face, blue eyes one could get lost in and his blonde hair was probably softer than it looked. All in all, Ronan wouldn't turn him down if he was a damsel and the fellow noble his suitor, but he knew well enough that - despite the fact that he was enjoying himself right about now - it would end sooner or later and he, albeit not out of his own free will, would go back to being the moody and brooding person he always was, that Caelan wouldn't even touch with a ten foot pole. They both hid their secrets and that was, well, better than not doing it for sure. "I never said you're useless, but your attention span could use some work, ya know", he suggested, as he could almost feel his own mouth watering, simply because he hadn't had much since they rode from their camp and the wine alone wasn't going to do him in, not now and not before he couldn't at least drag Caelan down with him. "Some meat and some vegetables probably, I'm starving either way", and that way he would eat more than just meat and most likely not stuff himself to the brim.

"And you were the one that grabbed me and dragged me away like a toddler, wanting to show me something - isn't that right?" They both were up for joking and picking at each other as it seemed and eventually, this would become a brainless back and forth until one of them had to give up and call it quits - but for now, this wouldn't stop. At least he wasn't drunk yet and still having fun, knowing himself he'd either get really sleepy in a few bottles - if he drank some more - or horribly depressed, having failed to numb the pain and doing god knows what, just to get rid of the additional one that crept up his throat and crawled out of it while he was wailing like a lost kid in a deep, dark forest. "I said, I can't carry you back to your room so don't keel over or I WILL wake you right back up and if I have to stab you, I will", though, the only thing he could use for that without causing serious damage would be a fork that he could, potentially, ram into one of Caelans thighs. "We both can own up to that, trust me", was, what he ultimately had understood from their little squabble. "Even if you drink another bottle? Not alone, but still."
    • "We both know that ain't true.", Caelan smiled, spotting the buffet only a few more feet away. It felt like an eternity to walk over here and yet it was over pretty damn fast. Time felt weird already and Caelan was pretty sure the wine was getting more to his head than it used to, because he drank on a damn empty stomach. Except those few little nuts he had nibbled before, he hadn't eaten since... well yesterday. Sometimes he didn't even notice that, when he spent time in the Fhaergus mountains, sometimes he wasn't able to hunt something or catch a fish and then he didn't eat, his body got used to it and now it bit him in his own ass, because he was way more drunk than he should have been and the worst part, way more drunk than Ronan was, the little good child beat him to it. "You got my whole attention yesterday night... all night.", he grinned and stopped himself from doing anything but following Ronan the last steps to the food which they both craved for.

"Show you the best place to have fun and it did work.", he chuckled, halting and looking at his wrist. "I'll need my hand now to grab me some food.", he pointed out, waiting for Ronan to let go. After he did that he grabbed a plate, but stayed next to Ronan while they made there way trough all the food and picked whatever they felt like. "I won't, I won't, I can walk, talk and whatever you want me to too." Again a giggle left his throat, he had the feeling he did that way too much the past couple minutes. "What, you wanna drink another bottle? Sharing one? Well, if we're both equally drunk at the tournament, our little bet won't suffer from it, huh?" In other words meaning he would drink another bottle or two with Ronan, if he really wanted to. First however he needed something in his stomach and afterwards he'd feel a lot less drunk... maybe.
    • "Well, no - you have quite the pretty face, not marred with scars and not taken up by a pesky beard", he answered. Caelan was, in fact, quite the handsome fellow - that was something Ronan wouldn't decline, no matter if he had a crush on him or not - it was obvious why most of the ladies had a softspot for him; there was barely anything this puppy wouldn't do for them and then again, they probably also exploited him to hell and back. All of these things could be so easy for Caelan if he only wouldn't spend time with them, but Ronan knew that that was impossible, that he himself should be like him and if he had to force himself to it, so be it - he didn't care, not one damn bit, as long as it brought him enjoyment to continously torture himself by falling for someone that was out of his reach, then he had fun - more, than he was willing to admit. Suddenly, he pulled Caelan forward - only a bit - and stood on the tips of his toes, how annoyingly tall this man was, was beyond him. "Oh, but I want more of it - as much as you're willing to give me, unlike your little date from earlier. Didn't look like you were all that interested", Ronan whispered into the nobles ear, grinning wide.

"True. Didn't think I'd have that much fun, especially with people you call your friends - they're pretty decent, but also somewhat nosy", Ronan said, as the grin disappeared from his face again. "Aw, buhu. How sad", the complaint was fake, which was why he let go of Caelans arm in the first place and grabbed a plate of his own, just to get some of the food that looked decent enough. Once the drunkyard opened his mouth again, Ronan felt like he just had said something he shouldn't - and that was obvious. "Don't tell me you can do whatever I want you to, or else I might get the wrong idea - good to know you can still stomach some more alcohol, though", was all he had to offer, before the whole thing continued - should they go back out side or nab one of the tables here so they could actually eat without being watched all the time? "Well, we can drink however much you like - I don't mind, I'm used to drink til I'm numb after all", however would this pan out when he found himself back in his room later? Not good, probably. "Speaking of our bet. I owe you one, because Orlando is pretty nosy. What do you want?"
    • "Well thank you very much!", Caelan grinned like a child and at the same time like he knew Ronan meant it just as he had said it, maybe a little too much. Caelan didn't mind hearing compliments from every side though, he took them, whoever presented them to him. Be it a girl he was dating, or Ronan of Alster, he took the compliment in and cherished it. That was maybe because his father never once said anything good about him and a while Caelan was pretty beat up about it. Soon enough he learned that his father was an idiot though and now he took even jokes as compliments, just for the sake of it and because he did like to annoy people quite a bit. When Ronan suddenly pulled on his arm, Caelans eyes widened for a second, but he managed to not fall on his little friend, having to tip toe to be able to come somehow close to Caelan, though he wasn't exactly sure why he would want that. Caelan even leaned downwards a bit to make it easier for Ronan to whisper something in his ear. What he didn't expect was that his heart seemed to skip a beat.only because Ronan started the same game he did play with him all the time. "I...", he said, still trying to regain his posture, but he found it pretty soon. "Well I had planned to spend the night with you.", he said, only afterwards noticing the sound of that, but he acted like it was intentional. The truth was that his plan was all along to spend the night with Ronan. Dragging him to some strangers and leaving him alone soon after? He didn't want that, but Ronan also was right, he wasn't interested in this girl, not in the slightest.

Caelan laughed again, laughed at how Ronan chose his words and yet again was kind of insulting him, though it didn't sting. "Especially with people I call my friends? You know, I'm calling you a friend too.", he said, getting back his arm and starting to pile some food on his plate. He followed Ronan to the tables he was interested in. "You really like touching me, don't you?", he asked with a grin and asking himself if Ronan in fact was as drunk as he himself was, after all he kind of acted all cocky and demanding all of a sudden, not that Caelan minded. "The wrong idea? Like what?", he asked truly interested. He also knew now that Ronan actually did drink before. "I hadn't thought you are one for alcohol.", he pointed out. He shook his head yet again when Ronan asked what exactly he could do to get rid of the debt he was in. "I don't know yet, or do I have to tell you now?", he smiled, putting some mmore meat on his plate and was finished with that.
    • "Caelan, you're one weird fellow - did anyone ever tell you that?", he asked, not meaning it in a bad way - if he was terribly honest, this was how he was. Honest, but mean - and easy to piss off, but currently his mood was too good to actually even consider what should offend him and what not. "Not that I mind, though", he added. All of this was but an elaborate game that they both were playing, or so he thought, and nothing was supposed to make sense in the slightest - they all had their fair share of problems and currently, they were trying to combat them together as much as they could, even if that meant to eventually give up and hunker down in their rooms again, never to resurface from there. Maybe, that would be how Ronan of Alster would meet his end, so that his father could tell everyone that he was indeed a sickly child that finally succumbed to his own body trying to murder him, only because he was the sole reason that his son was constantly on edge. "You?", he asked, eyeing Caelan. "Don't be silly, what do you gain from spending a night with me? I can't entertain you the same way your fine date can, you know", theoretically, he could - but as if Caelan was interested in Ronan sinking to his knees in front of him.

"Well, I'm quite the annoying person too, so of course I fit in with you, I guess", he said, shrugging his shoulders and taking a moderate amount of food with him - he didn't need more, even if his body could stand to be not as thing as it was. He wasn't unhealthy, but theoretically he was missing all those well-toned muscles that he liked to admire so much, so he had to start somewhere - but maybe not today, on a stomach full of wine. "How did you know?", he asked, a sly smile on his face - Caelan had caught him red-handed, but he could at least claim it was the alcohol that led to all of these things now, to horrible answers for shitty questions. Thankfully, he was fully aware of what he was doing - the alcohol barely was fazing him, but a bottle or two more would do wonders for him, to give him a bit more courage than needed. "Do you wanna know?", he asked, deadset on not telling him unless he wasn't getting something in exchange. "Normally I don't drink. It usually numbs the pain, nothing more, and because Alster only has shitty schnapps and stuff like that, I've grown somewhat tolerant." There wasn't more to that, especially now that he had laid his problems on Caelan, he could just freely talk about whatever. "Take your time, I'll do whatever."
    • "Weird? Why? I mean... yeah heard that one before, but never a reason I was satisfied with.", he answered not hurt in the slightest but actin like it. Yes, a lot of people claimed he was weird, just because he was taking everything as a compliment and generally smiling a lot like an idiot. "As long as it doesn't bother you, it's fine though."It seemed hard to actually hate Caelan, Cameron, Orlando and Ethan were all just talked to by him and now they were a group of friends, because Caelan wouldn't let go if he wanted someone to like him. If the ladies did really like him as well was another question, maybe it was just his looks which seemed to have a certain charme to get all kinds of women all age drawn to him. Yes, he was flirted at by a older lady not only once or twice and all the time he smiled, joked around and got a old lady happy that wanted to joke around on her old days with a handsome young men, willing to keep up the act and charming her a little bit. "Well as for the talking, she wasn't the brightest, so I prefer talking with you.", he laughed. "Though I didn't have planned to have a date tonight, I was going to show you the fun you can have with us and not leave you hanging after sitting you next to Ethan."

"Oh okay, if you say so!", Caelan laughed again, well yes his friends could be a little annoying and Ronan was a handful too. But he behaved so far, he had fun, wasn't complaining and actually talking and playing with Caelans friends, even when hi attention went elsewhere for a while. "How I....?", the question was almost comical and Caelan yet again couldn't hold himself while not even being able to finish to repeat the sentence. "Well you asked me to hold you all night, exhibit one. Exhibit two, you grabbed my wrist and didn't want to let go and exhibit three, when I grabbed your hand you got all red, weren't you?" Caelan stuck out his tounge and waited for a similar reaction, red cheecks on Ronans beautiful face it made him somehow cute and with the amount of alcohol and lack of food in Caelans system, he didn't even mind thinking that. "Yes I wanna know... hm... that's what I use it for. You owe me one, so tell me and we are quit.", he said and was pretty proud that he just thought of that and had Ronan trapped. "Well tonight we drink to have even more fun and not to deal with any pain, that isn't important today!" As if to underline what he just said, he grabbed a bottle of wine he spotted. With it in one hand and the plate in the other he looked at Ronan. "Let's find a place to eat then, we could just go back to the others." Though he wanted to avoid his actual date somehow...
    • "For me it's just unbelievable how well you can hide some things, as well as how nobody ever suspects a thing despite you being in a good mood almost constantly, it seems ... weird, you know? Not, that you are a weird person yourself, but you just seem to cope in a questionable way", was what the young man answered. In the end, they were nothing more than travel companions and to-be friends, heirs to two neighbouring countries and they'd do well to actually get along, so they eventually could drive out the bad blood between them and give one another a chance to breathe, to actually have a nice life beyond their obvious shackles. "It doesn't, it just gets annoying after a while, but I'll learn to deal with it sooner or later, after all, friends stick together. That means I'll probably have to endure you for the next few years." Unless he chose to die - which, currently, not unlikely - he'd be the next Duke of Alster and no longer some pitiful youth that couldn't even best his own father in a simple match. However, he knew that physical strength wasn't everything - he was witty himself, but rather on paper than in combat. "Did you even talk about anything worthwhile? I stopped listening right about when Cameron opened his mouth and the only things I understand were ... well, bullshit." They both saw eye to eye on this, which wasn't rare, but still enjoyable and meant that Caelan didn't have a sponge for a brain like so many others their age did. "Don't worry, you can still go back to her when you feel ... socially obligated to. I had my fun with Ethan."

"What's so funny about that, huh!?", Ronan joked, as he himself laughed a tiny bit, obviously unfazed by the comment and the well meant nature of it. Both of them were idiots, that much he knew, and it was painfully obvious that one of the idiots had a crush on the other, but as long as they were drunk, they had an excuse for all their stupid behavior that was about to ensue. "How you ...? What?", suddenly he was a bit confused, maybe even perplexed, but then Caelan alread opened his mouth and spewed ... straight facts. Actually, Ronan was counting on him talking some weird bullshit, but this was, in fact, nothing more than the truth and - as if Caelan had known - the black haired nobles cheeks flared up, were probably warm to the touch and he had to bite his lower lip. "Okay, fine. For one, I was actually cold yesterday and you were pretty warm, I like that. Secondly, I would have let you go sooner or later and THIRDLY, you caught me red-handed on that one, yes I was", he sighed. Of course this night had to go into that direction and yet, he couldn't command this idiot to anything - not now, or later, especially not if he didn't drink some more wine or he'd be blissfully embarrassed, even more than he already was. "You really want to use it for something like this? Are you completely sure?", Ronan asked and, with a full plate in one hand, he grabbed a bottle of water with the other, just to make sure that their hangover wouldn't be horrible. "Alright, but in moderation - I won't be responsible if you can't stand on your legs tomorrow!" What exactly was he getting the two of them into? Something horrible for sure. "Or we could not go back to your date with the personality of a sheet of paper and just ... look for an empty spot on the balconies? I mean, we also could just go back to my room if you want to sit back and relax."