sinbound. [Akira & Earinor] [ENG]

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Caelan chuckled slightly. "You#re like a child when you get something you wanted." And sometimes he turned and twisted reality just so he could say that. Caelan didn't mind, it made Ronan feel better and he wanted him to feel as good as possible. Again he slowly brushed over his cheek with one finger, smiling while doing so. The blonde tilted his hand. "Isn't it bothering you then? Ronan... I know you know I love and cherish you, but I like reminding you, yet if you don't want to hear it all the time, I'll stop. But you are worthy of every single word I say. I don't care what others think, I don't even care what you think, I'm not lying to you. I just wanted to make that clear.", Caelan spoke. There was no reason for Ronan to talk himself down, or to feel less than he was. He was worthy of so much more and he deserved a home he felt save in, one that Caelan couldn't provide just yet, not with seventeen years old, not without being a duke himself and just living by his fathers will more or less. It bothered the blonde, but he'd do what he could for now, like giving him a vacation like this, away from his family, or rather his father. Finally Ronan agreed to cuddling too though, as he leaned his hand back and finally relaxed hopefully. "You'll always have a place here."

Caelan had to truly laugh though, not his held back laugh or chuckle to keep this as relaxing as possible, no a full blown laugh because Ronan was being so ridiculous. "Touching you? I merely hugged you!", he defended himself but was stopped laughing when his nose was stopped and he merely was grinning at Ronan. He tilted his head afterwards. "If you want to, we kind hide somewhere all winter. I don't want to be locked up in Fhaergus and my father won't miss me. We can also borrow a boat if you so want? But steering one alone with just the two of us might be a bit hard, especially if you got no experience." Cameron had lots and Caelan learned something spending time with him too, but even then, taking a ship alone with just the two of them was tricky and exhausting. It involved a lot of labor sometimes. "I'm also not sure if you'd like the places in Stenz, especially in winter. Wouldn't you want to go somewhere warmer? Maybe in Lavern or Olette? Orlandos family owns a little beach cottage actually and I think Ethans family has their winyard. No one is there during the winter. If I tell them I want to spend some time with someone, they'll lend it to me." He didn't need to disclose who it was and they'd have much to guess after that masquerade ball. Ronan came even closer, so now it was okay to cuddle apparently. Caelan kept smiling at him and he watched his expression change and his face hide when he gave him the praise he had asked for. What he said probably was too much. "You're all that in my eyes.", Caelan simply responded without any room to argue about it. "I'm glad I do. You make me happy too." Ronan seemed a bit confused and overwhelmed and eventually he pulled away. What the blonde didn't expect was that he just wanted to turn around and kneel between his legs. Caelan looked at him as he came closer and pressed his forehead against the blondes. Silence followed in which Caelan slowly raised his arms and rested his hands on Ronans hip. "Do I... what?", Caelan softly asked after Ronan just took another direction. "I love you and I will protect you, I promise."
    • This was ridiculous. "Am I? I think, it's more like, I'm glad I have someone that gives me everything I could ever ask for.", Ronan remarked, his lips curling into a satisfied smile. Like a child - huh? Caelan suddenly made it sound like, for one reason or the other, not only had he never experienced a normal childhood and only was blossoming now, because he had fun, and couldn't rid himself of his somewhat childish intentions when he thought of something like this. Ronan cherished every little moment they had, as childish as it was. "No, it's ... it's not bothering me! I love you! It's just ... I ... I'm not used to being held in such high regards and hearing it from you makes me feel bad, because it's ... I ... ah ... I just have a hard time believing all of that, you know? You were so mad at me when I showed you my wrists, and so worried when I insisted on fighting in the tournament and then I ... your face ...", the further he got into his sentence, the more he mumbled and sounded almost as if he was hurt right now - his voice was getting thinner and much more silent, all the while he wanted to hide his face again, but it was too late for that. Not only was he not crying, he also had no idea what he was supposed to do - his head felt heavy, burning hot even, and the parts he'd lifted out of the water after previously being sumberged in it, didn't appreciate the cold breeze a whole lot. "And you'll always have a place in my heart, if not anywhere else.", he finally managed to spit out, shivering at the warmth he received when Caelan put his arms on his body.

"Not now! Back then!", Ronan babbled and he wanted out - he didn't care about sex or dirty love like that - he wanted some peace of mind, some physical affection in the form of cuddles and verbal one, mainly all those gentle and loving affirmations that the blonde had made previously and that had singed his fingertips and heart, melted his brain and showed him how lost he truly was. "I've got little to no experience, especially not in potentially stormy sea weather ... I can maneuver a small boat on a lake just fine, but that's hardly the same.", he sighed, shaking his head slightly. Ronan still looked at Caelan and lost himself in the blue hue of his eyes - thought about being out and about with him, maybe even lost at sea, and yet, they were having a fun time, with the new goal of finding their way back home. But what if they shipwrecked somewhere else? Not only was that an idea, it might have been a preferable life as well - and yet, Ronan didn't dare consider it. "Do you even like Lavern and Olette in winter? I'm sure you're more used to cold temperatures, not those warm ones over there. How about we compromise and go to Wezette?", he wondered. Not, that the pea-sized country was any warmer, or had it any better, given that it directly bordered on Thria, but it was a nice place and there seemingly were hundreds of forests to get lost in. "But the beach cottage sounds nice ... or the vineyard, if we want to be away from the waves. But we can't just ask that much of your friends, I don't want to be a freeloader.", he admitted and put his free hand up to Caelans cheek, caressing it and the new, gnarly scar ever so slightly - it was healing, but that didn't mean it looked particularly good. "I'm the apple of your eyes, then?", he wondered. Ronan leaned forward, pressing a soft kiss to Caelans lips and ignoring the scar as his hand slid down from his face, all the while he led his arm hang over Caelans shoulder. "You mean the world to me after all. You're my sun and I'm your moon.", he chuckled, amused by the thought. The moon wouldn't shine without his sun, which meant that Caelan had been needed either way and Ronan was merely reaping the benefits from seeds that he hadn't even sown at this point in time. "I ... this is embarrassing, but ... I never formally asked you out anyway. Would you like to ... date me and love me til the end of our days?", Ronan wondered aloud, averting his gaze downward once more. "I promise to do just that, and while I can't do as much for you as you have done for me already, I want to be there for you, too. Wherever and whenever you need me. I mean it."
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • "Who is the one praising too much now?", Caelan asked chuckling. Ronan painted him in a way too good light whenever he started to actually conolement him and dropped the tough act. It seemed like an act at least. "I'm just a normal guy and thus it is not unheard of for me to like another perfectly normal guy. Well... You know, apart from the two guys part." Caelan spoke a bit less straight forward than he planned to, but Ronan got the point, or did he? He didn't, he started to talk and talk and talk. "Ronan, stop, stop...", Caelan mumbled and he moved one hand up from Ronans hips to stroke his back. "I'm sorry I got mad at you... I just... I searched for a connection like the one we have for years and in all the girls and even my friends I could never find it. When I saw you're hurt I was just... Scared. Scared of losing you, because I never loved someone as much as I love you. I know I don't seem like I'm lonely, but sometimes I am, not with you though and I didn't want to be lonely again. I'm sorry I got mad, it wasn't your fault. I should have just held you and let you talk to me, or not, whatever helps, I know. I'm not perfect either, but I will do better next time." Caelan searched for Ronans gaze all the while softly carassing his back. "As for the tournament... I just don't ever want to see you get hurt. I know you were in pain and it was me who put you up to fighting. But I will support you, whatever you want to do, whether you want to fight again or not." Caelan took a short break, still trying to catch Ronans gaze and he took his fellow nobles hand to lead it towards his own face. "And this... This was an accident and if anything it was my fault, because I was too worried about you instead of paying attention, because I hit your sword too hard, when I should have known better. I hurt you Ronan, I saw that, I hurt you first and lost my concentration. It's not your fault and besides... Once this has healed up a bit more, it'll look pretty badass, right?" Caelan smiled and he wanted to cheer Ronan up. He didn't exactly know how it looked, he didn't take a good glance at it because maybe he was a bit shallow and maybe it would bother him when it shouldn't. It wasn't Ronans fault however. "I'm glad, there is no better place to be."

Caelan wanted to shift the mood in a better direction again and so he laughed a bit. "Did I? I can't remember, but I mean... You could have just held back your horny a bit. Don't tell me you didn't enjoy me touching you.", he answered grinning to make Ronan concentrate on being a bit mad at him. "If we don't sail far and keep an eye on the weather, we can try and sail somewhere, though Stenz mostly has cliffs on their coasts and the water is especially cold in winter.", Caelan explained. It wasn't that he didn't want to, he just wanted Ronan to be comfortable too. "Well it'll be winter, so it shouldn't be as unbearably hot there then, right?", Caelan asked anf in fact he didn't know. He always spent winter in Fhaergus and he couldn't go anywhere else once the snow settled on the mountains. "Also don't worry about my friends. It's me who's asking and I will compensate them with something.", he smiled and wondered if it was settled then. "What even is in Wezette?", he asked laughing. "In winter it's snowing there too, right? So I doubt you wanted to hike through the woods." Hunting was fun there. The woods were large and there were a lot of animals to hunt down, but that would get boring at some point too. Caelan smiled at Ronan when he started to softly caress his cheek and put his hand back on Ronans hip. The skin around the nee scar felt a bit numb and he wasn't sure about how uneven it was, but he was happy Ronan came to terms with it. "You are...", he mumbled into the sudden but welcome kiss. He smiled afterwards as Ronan started to be poetic. Caelan didn't have it in him to find words like that. "Asked... Me out?", Caelan asked chuckling. "You sound like you want to marry me instead. But of course I want to, I thought we already agreed to that back in Lavern after we woke up in the same bed." Caelan liked thinking back to that time, it wasn't that far gone either. "It was exciting to prance around each other... I just wanted to spend time with you. That poor girl Cameron brought... I was mean to her, but it was you I wanted back then...", he whispered still smiling about it. "Ronan you've already done more for me than you think and more than enough. I know I can confide in you... I appreciate that very very much."
    • “You deserve every ounce of praise that leaves my lips.”, Ronan clarified. It wasn’t that he was holding Caelan in too high regards - maybe it was - but all things considered, he was simply making an attempt at giving back what he’d received. If anything, the young noble deserved the world and a thousand, no, tens of thousands of stars - he deserved more than Ronan, who could do nothing but watch on as literally anyone outmatched him. Maybe he felt bad, for not being enough, for only being a source of hurt, and yet, those thoughts shouldn’t even be there in the first place - the water was uncomfortable, felt like it was clinging to his skin and Caelans touches burned more than anything. Ronan shook his head and closed his eyes for a second - all of these were silly thoughts he didn’t need to feed into; he was fine, this was more than fine. No longer did he listen, even if he wanted to, and no longer did he comprehend - the hand on his back made him jolt for a second, the same one as battered breath left his mouth in steep motions, as if he was close to losing it. He didn’t feel like easing back into the water, yet, he didn’t want to disturb Caelans well-deserved and well-earned peace; something he couldn’t give him after all. “But you fixed it.”, he simply mumbled before he showed Caelan the scar he’d received to prove his survival - to prove that a heated blade was enough to stop a bleeding wound that, for one reason or the other, had failed to take his life. He felt unbelievably tense, almost as if all those nice words that were flung his way were suddenly like poison arrows, hitting his skin and eating away at his strength, if he had had any to start with. Ronan sank down and leaned against Caelan, both for support and comfort. “Whatever or not it’ll look badass, you’ll have something to remember me by and I have something to remember you by.”, he agreed, snaking his arms around the blondes shoulders and grasping at his own fingers behind them.

“I enjoy anything you tell me and I enjoy hearing that I’m important to you, as much as I enjoy some good skinship and a bit of touching. I’m just in awe at how much you love me and I feel like … not unworthy, but I can’t return all of that in such an intense way. I’m sorry, Caelan. I love you, but … it’s alright if I’m still hurting and need some time to heal, right?” All of a sudden, it wasn’t his body that was the problem - Ronans mind and soul hurt, it always had and at this point, it most likely always would. How could he force the blonde to endure all of that? It wasn’t fair to him and it never would be, but even then, Ronan felt powerless and doubted himself, wondered what he’d be to the blonde if he was normal, just like Caelan had described him. Instead, he fled into his arms for comfort - his mind was exhausted. “I want to cuddle with you and be close, though, and I don’t want you to make sacrifices just for me. We can go wherever you want, and if you’re excited for winter, I can stay with you in Fhaergus and we’ll work on my resistance to the cold weather. How does that sound?”, he suggested. Something like that sounded preferable, even if he’d like the idea of going to Lavern or Olette instead - they were nice places, even if their nobles were all up their own asses - but the beautiful coastline and the lakes, as well as the warm weather were all reasons to enjoy a stay there. “Lots of forest an opportunity to be with you. That’s what’s in Wezette … and a border to Thria that we could cross?”, he seemingly threw in, sounding all innocent. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to go there, but Ronan failed to come up with anything else before he remembered something. There was one more place devoid of life at that time of year - and it wasn’t too far away anyway. “My mother has a summer residence far up, all the way to the border to Stenz. It’s empty in winter - do you want to go there?” Ronan came closer again, brushed off the uneasy feeling that had settled in his head and tried to push forward. Caelan would probably notice regardless, but he was neither crying nor feeling like it - he wanted to go on. “I was jealous of that girl, maybe the slightest bit … but I’d like to marry you, I wouldn’t mind playing pretend for the rest of my life just to be at your side.”, he mumbled coyly. Then, he finally stole himself a second kiss while thinking about it - maybe the dresses would be annoying, or the fact that he constantly had to change his voice, but … that wouldn’t matter, no. “And I’m glad to simply have you, to have someone that cares for me and washes away all my worries. Someone that tells me I matter, that I’m not a waste of space but rather loved so much more than I could ever fathom. I love you too - but even then, isn’t it a bit early for marriage? I’m glad to have you as my boyfriend and fiancé eventually …”, he giggled. Then, to maybe lighten his own mood, he lifted a wet hand up to Caelans hair and ruined the blonde strands. “I should stop being all gloomy and accept all the appreciation you give me, don’t I?”
      Looking back, it maybe is like the toy carts you rode when you were a kid. But those toy carts could never go beyond the walls of the lawn. We want to follow the rugged concrete road beyond the wall. As we've grown, we've decided to leave behind the toy cart.
    • Caelan noticed how Ronans expression changed as well as his breathing while he tried to hide again and while he tried to elude Caelans hands. "Ronan it's alright... I'm sorry if I said something that upset you.", the blonde spoke softly and slowly moved his hands away from him. It seemed like his try to calm Ronan down did quite the opposite and he was sorry about that. It wasn't Ronans fault though, it was Caelans for being an insensitive brute. Ronan clawed himself back out and lifted his arm with the burnscar Caelan left, because Ronan asked him too. "It was a dirty fix.", he mumbled. Maybe it would leave Ronan with a stiff wrist, or at least it would be less flexible than it would be if it had just be sewn shut and he would have rested and not fought. Ronan was stubborn and Caelan was stupid, because he couldn't stand his ground around him and at that point he already had felt incredibly bad for yelling at him. Caelans heart fell to his stomach when he looked at the scar and was thinking about the possibility that Ronan would do something like that again. He told him it was alright, even though Caelan couldn't say it was for him. He still thought it was rather selfish and he himself was selfish by thinking that he had a right to demand that Ronan stayed with him. Telling Caelan that Ronan had a scar now that reminded him of him didn't make Caelan feel any better, but at least Ronan put his arms around him again.

"Ronan you don't have to prove to me that you love me, I know that.", Caelan answered unsure if he should put his hands back onto Ronans body or just leave him alone. "I like doing things for you and I'm bad at watching you do stuff for me. You don't have to carry me around or cook for me, only because I carry you around and cook for you. I enjoy bringing you gifts or giving you my coat, or lighting a fire, or go hunt some food on my own while you wait here and read, or draw, or do whatever you enjoy doing. I don't expect you to treat me the same, in fact I don't want that. Having you bring me food all the time when I couldn't stand up, feeding me, I appreciate it, but it's nothing you have to do, especially not now that I am better again. It also has nothing to do with me thinking you can't do it yourself. I know you can, but I also know you enjoy some warmth, so why not stay by a warm fireplace and let me do the work?", Caelan asked and refrained from brushing over Ronans cheek. "I'm not making sacrifices, I want to do all those things and I want to spend time with you." Caelan ran out of ways to explain his feelings to Ronan. He wasn't as good with words as the Alster sprout was and maybe Ronan would struggle less if he was. "Until winter comes it'll take a while. You can choose what you want to do and if you want to cross the border, I am in as well. It sounds like an adventure. As long as you're comfortable." He didn't want Ronan freezing in a tent or on his horse. "Mhm... can Ronan of Alster just go missing?", he asked and closed his eyes as he received a kiss after all. Caelan raised his arms again and put them softly around Ronans body. "You were talking about the rest of our days and fiances.", Caelan reminded Ronan and once he ruined Caelans blonde hair and it got wet he smiled, let go of Ronan a bit and wormed out of his grasp. He still held him up, so Ronan wouldn't topple over while Caelan slid further into the tub until his head was fully under water. Shortly after he emerged again, resuming his previous position with a smile and wet hair he had to swipe out of his face first.
    • Being outright about his feelings was right, but Ronan also knew that they could be like a weapon - a knife that made its way into Caelans heart and remained there, simply to remind him of the fact that he’d fallen for someone that, for the lack of a better word, was nothing more than a wolf in sheep’s clothing. “You didn’t do or say anything wrong.”, he assured Caelan. There was comfort to be found in the little touches they shared, in the amount of time they dedicated to one another - he soaked it all up, as if they were rays of his own personal sun, but even then, when he was robbed of those little touches that made him burn and comfortable in his own skin alike, he wasn’t sure if he’d not prefer to have them back or if he loathed every second of them. A shiver ran across his spine and his eyes rested on Caelan in an attempt to decipher his words, his gaze and his actions that didn’t feel all that natural - had he made him shy away? “Dirty? It was a quick solution to an apparent problem. Maybe it wasn’t the cleanest or best one, but it’s not your fault.”, he made clear. Ronan didn’t think that he had any say in all of this, that he had spoken words that Caelan needed to hear because they were the truth - and the truth was, that Ronan trusted him, despite not knowing him for long. “I don’t regret taking your help, in fact, I’m glad.” Maybe he’d finally died then and there, or out in the arena, under the scorching sun that burned itself into his skin and left him with an everlasting impression of what could have been. But then again, he’d feel sorry for Caelan, whom he’d promised to fight and had won against - even if he’d done a fair share of damage to his face.

“I’m not proving anything. I’m simply telling you.” And that he was, even if he held Caelan in too high regards and made it painfully apparent that his head wasn’t where his heart was, the one that made his mouth move at present. “Let you do all of the work? Maybe … I’d like that. But you deserve to be pampered too! And what’s more important, even if you can care for yourself, who am I to deny you some physical love?” It sounded dreamlike to he huddled up in a bunch of blankets next to a fireplace, all the while he studied a new book who’s pages still reeked of fresh ink, with Caelan cuddling close and holding him, offering him all he could ask for, while teasing him with the authors choice of words. There was nothing cozier he could think of, and while he was no stranger to enjoying himself around Caelan, he wasn’t sure if he could let go entirely. “I want to spend time with you as well, damnit. I don’t want to he all that sappy and what’s worse, I don’t want to make you feel bad about something you’re not even responsible for! Sometimes, it’s just, my mind wanders in impossible directions and I can’t shake those stupid feelings off …”, Ronan grumbled, his words carrying an air of annoyance about them as he, again, shook his head and squinted his eyes. “I’m as comfortable as can he right now, don’t worry. I wouldn’t mind spending my winter up here either, if the weather was as nice, but I doubt it is … does the snow up here ever melt?”, he wanted to know, but even then, he couldn’t fathom surviving a day-long snowstorm up here, hell, he wasn’t even sure how arduous a journey for some grub would be up here. What a pain in the ass … and winter wasn’t that close either. “Ronan of Alster could have simply ended his life and Caelan of Fhaergus saw it, tried to stop him, and failed. Or not been there at the right time. We don’t need a corpse, maybe wild animals got to it first.”, he proposed, but before he could look back at the blonde, whom he’d just spun an extensive and unbelievable story for, he already delved under water, breaking some of the remaining contact their skin shared. Once he’d fully submerged himself, Ronan looked at him befuddled, and yet, jokingly gasped as he felt those broad, calloused hands back on his hips and smiled as he saw Caelans wet face. “Did I? Maybe I was trying to plant ideas in your head. You’re the more straightforward one.”, he giggled. Ronan brushed some wet strands of hair out of Caelans face, made sure they framed it, before he leaned in and gave him a kiss - a long and loving one, maybe even a bit languid - something the blonde deserved. “You’re beautiful. And … you care so much for me, I … Caelan, you’re insane.”
    • "You can tell me if I did. You look... a bit upset.", Caelan mumbled and probably looked like he was already sure that he was the cause of that. "I'm stupid, you know? Sometimes I need you to spell it out for me, tell me what I should change, or what I can do to help you." It was hard for him to know, after all he didn't know Ronan that well to begin with. He simply wanted him to feel as good as possible, but he didn't know how to make that happen. He didn't even know how they ended up with this situation here. He refrained from complementing him, Ronan asked for it anyway, Caelan delivered and it seemed like he shouldn't have. "Shouldn't I have told you not to fight? Why did you? You didn't have to prove anything to me, I know you're strong and capable..." It was not Caelans place of course, Ronan was his own person and was able to make his own decisions. Maybe the blonde needed to stop trying to make him do whatever he felt was right, maybe he shouldn't have teasted him about fighting in a tournament in the first place. Caelan was too rash and mostly not thinking about what he was doing or saying.

"i just mean you don't have to hunt for me, only because I hunted for you once. It doesn't mean you love me less, or I love you more. We're different and that's okay. If you want to read me a book instead, or if you allow me to hold you for an hour or two, that's all I need." This wasn't a competition. Ronan didn't need to be as strong, as quick or as resilient as Caelan, after all Caelan wasn't as smart as Ronan either. "I... I see. So what should I do to help you then?", Caelan asked once Ronan had explained the situation. He himself simply didn't know. "You are? I'm glad...", Caelan smiled. "Uhm... the snow up here? No, it's always there, but we can spend the winter here. If you want a easy journey we probably should come here a bit early though. I can stack up enough firewood until winter comes, maybe fix some holes and bring some supplies. I can hunt for us too, if the weather is playing nice. The hut won't fly away during a storm though, we might just not be able to go outside, which should be fine. I can get us some firewood still. It's cold, but you don't need to go out. If you want to do something you can just cook what I bring home, or prepare me a hot bath. Even I might get cold when I spend a few hours outside.", he suggested smiling. He never spent the winter in this hut, once the pass was closed there was no save way to get up here. "Wouldn't that be rather harsh to hear for your family?", he then wondered. Ronan didn't mean that seriously, right? He laughed a bit once he emerged form the water again. "I won't ask you to marry me just yet, sorry.", he smiled and received another kiss. This discussion was weird. Ronan wanted kisses, then he didn't want them and now it was alright again. Caelan was confused, but he returned the kiss, he even pulled Ronan a bit closer. "Am I? Actually... I wanted to prepare something, I should probably go before the water gets too cold. You stay here and relax a bit, is that alright? I'll call you when I'm done."
    • Giving and taking was part of ones life, more so giving than taking, but even then, Ronan enjoyed taking whatever Caelan offered him and while he could not replicate the same thing, he still felt inclined to give him comfort, if only that, and make him realize that no matter what, not only was he loved, he also was well-cared for and wanted. "I just thought a bit too much about not being worth all of this.", he answered, his throat dry and his gaze cast aside, as if looking at Caelan was a taboo, but even then, he looked up soon enough - he wasn't going to ruin this evening for either of them - to hell with that! Not only did Ronan want to punch himself for something like that, for the thought alone, he also loathed knowing that, no matter what, he'd be dooming himself if he didn't give it a rest at some point. "You're not stupid and I will spell it out for you if possible, but I have nothing right now.", he made clear, even if the assumption that he, for one reason or another, had lost his mind as well, was an awful one. Ronan belonged in Caelans arms, as much as the blonde belonged in his and like that, they'd be stuck with one another for years to come, living through the little moments they could share when they were able to embark on a journey like this. "You told me to back down multiple times, stop blaming yourself. I enjoyed it, apart from my wrist, but ... look, I hurt you, and that's what I can't come to terms with. None of this is your fault, it's mine, for being stubborn and almost fucking up not only your face but also your eye.", he sighed, annoyed, and then slightly rubbed over the scar, as if it were chalk or paint that would come off if he tried.

There was no such thing, though, and Ronan simply stroked over the possibly agitated and wet skin - it wasn't infested, it wasn't too hot, but it definitely was still healing underneath, somewhere no one could see anything of it and was simply left in the dark. "I like going out with you, doing stuff with and for you, though - I feel like I can be confident and like myself, as if ... you'd support me in my endeavors and not shut me down because my footing is wrong or I'm having my twelfth attempt at something silly. Caelan, I do these things for both you and me, but ... I could dial it down a bit. Would you like to cuddle me while I read, then?", he suggested, a tiny smile springing forth from his lips. Not only did Ronan enjoy being the center of Caelans attention, it also instilled some sort of confidence in him and he told himself that, no matter what, Caelan would be there for him. "What about tickling me until I'm out of breath?", he suggested, but he didn't put it to practice - yet. Instead he listened and followed Caelans train of thought, imagining something akin to many romantic evenings with a picturesque backdrop during their time up here; in fact, he wouldn't mind playing the housewife and he chuckled. "If you help me bring my painting tools up here and let me help you fix up the hut, I think it would make for a great retreat. We'll just have to be careful about the amount of food we bring, we should carefully plan that ... but all that aside, you'll get a nice and warm bath and a steaming hot and tasty meal, if you'll play my husband?", again, Ronan laughed at the mere thought. Caelan would be a burly hunter and his husband, going out every other day to support their livelihood and Ronan would be the anxious housewife, gazing through the window and awaiting her husbands return, while she ignored her cleaning duties - that sounded fun. "For my mother and Declan, possibly. For my father? I think he'd fake the sadness if he really needs to. I'd rather be your wife, really." Now that he thought about it, it would probably mean he'd have to face Caelans parents, though, and Allard seemed sharp enough to uncover their rouse without much effort. What if they moved far away and became something like margraves? "I can wait, we have all the time in the world! And if you do, you better make it romantic!" Ronan hugged Caelan tight and enjoyed the warmth his body gave off, especially as he nuzzled against his chest and pressed a kiss to any of the scars. "Maybe, but I'm the same ... and, hm. Can we cuddle like, ten more minutes? You're so nice, and warm, and your chest is so soft, and those scars suit you so well and ... and ..." He blushed, then brought his fingers up to Caelans throat and started tickling him. "We ought to have fun!"
    • "Ronan you are, I'm not sure how to make you believe me. It's not like you're lying to me or not showing your true self, right? I can't change how I feel about you, so it is simply the truth.", Caelan told Ronan who looned like he wanted to get out and run away. Maybe Caelan said too much again, maybe he should have told him something different. "Just take any time you need to get to terms with it.", he added. "I know how it feels to feel useless and unwanted. It took me years to get past it, I'm not sure how I would have taken compliments from an idiot whos hopelessly in love with me either. I get it though." If only Caelan could show Ronan how beautiful he was, how he little ideas and dreams made him smile every single time and how he needed someone who understood Caelans past. "Ronan my eye is fine, you weren't even close to it and the rest heals up just fine too. It doesn't even hurt.", he smiled when Ronan rubbed over it. All he felt was a numb feeling spreading on his cheek. Ronan didn't need to worry so much, sure it could have ended worse, but it didn't. Caelan took a step back, a bit too slow, but he did. He was alive and his jaw hadn't been shattered, all there was was a scar that would get smaller with time.

"Well that's fine too. I know you can hunt and fight and probably ride faster than me. We can do all you want, I just don't want you trying to prove something to me or trying to repay any favors. What I do for you aren't favors, they are gifts, free of charge." Well maybe not completely, sometimes Caelab wanted a kiss as payment. "Of course I want to cuddle while you read!", he then laughed as if it was funny to think otherwise. "Tickle you? You'll just get mad at me!" That sounded like a bad idea and Ronan was incredibly ticklish too, sometimes Caelan didn't even intend to ticke him and Ronan still started screaming. "I'll carry whatever you want up here and you can help me fix the hut, but it's just minor repairs, really.", he smiled and leaned forward a bit to stil himself a kiss. "I'll gladly play your husband... Does that also come with... Other duties...?", he asked coily and with a smile on his lips. "That only leaves the problem that my father won't approve a wedding to someone without a name.", he then sighed in all seriousness. Allard wouldn't let his son marry without gaining any from it. Ronan seemed to be past what had bothered him though and as he cuddled closer, Caelan also put his arms tighter around him." Sure we can. Then hop on... ", he smiled mumbling and slid down the tub a bit so Ronan could sit on him instead of awkwardly kneeling between his legs.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Earinor ()

• "I know! You'd never lie to me, I appreciate that. And ... it ... no buts, I should stop doubting everything I hear.", he found himself cussing. Ronan didn't want to be dragged along by strings like a marionette, forced to do things that he had never intended on partaking on - those times were over, he was his own person and Caelan was, while trying to soothe him, also right about the fact that he was to be trusted and not someone that would take imediate advantage of him, once he let his guard down; no, he wasn't like that and frankly, he'd never be like that either. "I will, thank you." That was what one ought to do - to better himself, to care for himself and frankly, to blossom into oneself - Ronan was anything but that, he knew as much, after all, he was the black sheep of his family, the ugly duckling among the normal, cute looking ones and atop of it all, he was desiring something he shouldn't even think about; shouldn#t crave as much as he did, and yet he yearned for the love of another man, someone that shouldn't return his sinful feelings and indulge him in his weakest moments. "You're not an idiot, even if you've hopelessly fallen for me. Maybe it's my charms ...?", he tried to joke, but Ronan didn't chuckle and his smile was tiny, barely noticeable. Was that what Caelan had meant when he'd said his jokes didn't come across like they were just that back then? "I know, but I'm still worried ... I can worry for you, you're reckless and rash and ... and ... what would I do without you?"

There was no place for melancholy in this old hut, yet they devolved all the way down a well full of it, with Ronan almost drowning in the process of doing so - and now, Caelan was the one that had to pull him out of there, sacrificing much of his own life in the process and wasting precious time that he'd rather have spent different, Ronan was sure of that and he felt sorry about it. "So the cuddles are your prefered form of payment despite claiming you won't take any? Luckily, you're not just a hypocrite, but also a cute one. I think we can arrange that.", he smiled and wondered if that would apply to all of their situations - maybe a kiss sufficed as a payment as well? What about something more than that? His face felt hotter again and it wasn't because of the warm, steaming water that filled the cold, silent air around them when they didn't speak for a second; which hardly happened, too. "Pah, I won't!" He would, he definitely would, and maybe he'd even try biting off Caelans finger for a chance if that just meant that the blonde would leave him be. Whatever the case, Ronan was the one that kept suggesting things that, not only, made no sense, but also would only obstruct him in his own sadness. "I can carry something too, but that's a deal then! We'll be cozy up here all winter!" He was ecstatic at the mere thought of it - he'd get away from home, he could bring as many books and canvases as he wanted, and he should bring plenty of ink and paint and coal as well! There truly was no limit to his own ignorance and imagination. "Other duties? What is my husband thinking about? Nothing dirty, I assume?", he teased and stuck his tongue out the slightest bit - he got him. Who was the horny one, huh!? Ronan found that bit so funny, he couldn't help but grin for a second. "We'll make up a story, or I will ... he might not gain anything from it immediately, but maybe we can fool him for long enough until it no longer matters?" Right now, he wasn't even convinced of his own words and getting someone on Allard onboard with an idea like this, especially when they showed him all their cards from the getgo, would be nigh impossible. They had to be clever about it, Ronan knew as much, and that meant, he#d rather do it himself and get Caelans approval for it. "Hop ... on?", he laughed, his eyes widening with confusion, before he realized what Caelan had meant. Before long, he did as he was told, but he refused to face his back towards him and instead just inched closer, making himself comfortable on parts of the blondes lap, but it was more of his knees and thighs if anything. Ronans face felt like it burned, with the intensity of a thousand suns no less. "Happy now?" Ronan asked, pouting and averting his gaze.
    • "I've fallen for everything about you...", Caelan replied to Ronans attempt of a joke, not joking himself at all. He smiled at him, but he also knew, that it was probably too much again and that he should shut his mouth. "You worry about something that's in the past and didn't even happen. My eyes are fine and besides from being reckless and rash, I am also stubborn and sturdy. I won't die, don't worry. I'll stay right here where I am, with you." Caelan never attempted to die and even if he did something dangerous and stupid, he never did it because he hoped something would happen. He just liked to push himself to his limits and test them. Besides that, there had been some much closer calls than a sword landing in his face. The boar for example, Caelan told Ronan about it, he felt like his guts had spilled on the floor and Cameron was barely able to carry Caelan home in time. Home meaning Camerons home, Allard never knew about it and he didn't have to, he probably would have yelled and told Caelan that he should stop running off and that he should stop seeing Cameron.

"I never said cuddling would be a payment or demanded.", Caelan smiled and looked at Ronan with a somewhat puzzled expression. "Why is your face getting red?", he wondered aloud as he looked at the red color on Ronans cheeks. He didn't even say or do aynthing right now. "So next time I tickle you, I have a free pass?", he then asked grinning, but he doubted that was the case. Ronan was complicated, especially for someone like Caelan. He didn't possess such complicated emotions, he was rather simple. "Alright, I will fit in fixing the hut up a bit then.", he nodded and he probably wouldn't let Ronan do any work. He rather spent his time with him with something more fun and while he waited to see him again, he had nothing to do anyway. "Dirty? What's dirty about two people loving each other?", Caelan asked smiling. "You always sound so offended when I talk about touching eachother, it almost feels like you don't want that." Ronans reaction to anything was usually a big No at first, until he managed to agree, that that wasn't what he truly wanted, yet Caelan didn't want to feel like he forced Ronan to do something. "If you were to carry my child, I assume I'd have to marry you. Though I'm way too young for children.", Caelan suggested jokingly. They couldn't just steal one and he wasn't ready to raise a little human. Then Caelan laughed. "Not quite. Are you afraid to touch me? Relax and just lie down...", he spoke chuckling and patted his own chest so Ronan would place his head there. They could hug eachother tightly while being naked, without anything happening. Ronan was the horny one.
    • “You’ve lost yourself, haven’t you?”, he chuckled. Ronan liked to think about the fact that he’d made Caelan fall for him without much effort, but even he knew that they both seemed to be hard at work with that. Was it too much to ask for someone one could genuinely love? No, not at all. “With me? I like the sound of that. Then let’s stay here, away from home, just the two of us, able to care for ourselves and one another. Do you think we can build a shed and a little coop up here? Are Fhaergus chickens as fluffy as your coat?” There were plenty of questions and none of them were something Ronan knew about - he’d never set foot in Fhaergus, at the very least in recent years, and not once had he made an attempt at surviving his own idiocy. Now, everything was different. Living up here, having their own little place, it didn’t sound so bad - and if the animals were able to survive the harsh conditions, there were even less reasons to climb down this mountain. “You look like you’d be good at plowing fields and tending to cattle … maybe that’s more your thing, just like hunting? And I can do anything else. And help you pet some chickens.”, Ronan proposed, amused at the thought that they had to get some sheep or cows up here - sheep were preferable, but cow milk tasted better, at least in his opinion.

“So cuddling is arbitrary? I thought you were alluding to that.”, he threw in. Ronan wasn’t so sure about most, if not all of this. Maybe he’d be able to stomach to care for himself and Caelan, to think about the fact that they could stay together forever as husband and wife, and not be apart for months at a time if they went along with their initial duties, but even then, why was he doubting his own idea? “What were you alluding to, then? Isn’t it a husbands duty to eventually gift his wife a child? And for that he has to, you know …” Have sex with her? Yes, but not even that - Ronan knew that them sleeping together wouldn’t magically grant them a child. That’s not how that worked, they were two men after all. “Yes, yes you do.” That much was for certain, even though Ronan couldn’t promise he wouldn’t act like he was getting accosted and murdered on the spot by Caelan. Getting tickled was a good distraction, but so was the feeling of Caelans skin on his own and the water, that made everything somewhat questionable and dull against his skin; Ronan liked it, still. “Nothing! It’s just, uh, I should probably think about something else, shouldn’t I? This is comfortable, though.”, he remarked, quite happy about what he’d gotten himself into. It was almost as if he’d caught Caelan all by himself, reeled him in and kept him where he was. “I want that! I’m just not used to it. You’ve had plenty of girls, I had you … like, once, for real.”, he whispered, all flustered. Caelan had caught him redhanded, Ronan knew that, but even then, he didn’t shy away and instead buried his face in Caelans chest, right there where the blonde was patting his hand against his skin. “We both are and I can’t even carry a child, no matter how hard you try.”, he admitted, his words having been dulled out by Caelan himself, who kept him in place just like that. Ronan wrapped his arms around him and cuddled close. “Happy now?”
    • "Lost myself? No no, I think I have found where I belong.", Caelan smiled softly. Ronan made everything sound so bleak and gloomy, always, Caelan on the other hand made everything look like a blessing. Ronan was, defiently. "You want to live up here?", Caelan asked laughing, Ronan was full of silly ideas wasn't he? It was possible, in theory, but Caelan knew they wouldn't pull through. "I am very good at building things, just tell me when and where." That too was true, much to his fathers dismay, he hated it about Caelan and always told him that a noble shouldn't do labor like that, he should order someone to do it. "The chickens are fluffy and so are all other animals. Sheep, cows, horses..." Ronan knew Caelans horse anyway, it had long waivy hair, not only on its head, but also around its hooves. It was also a bit broader than Ronans. "Hm, sometimes I tried to help out at our farms, but I mostly just distracted everyone, so I can't say I know much about it. Still, it sounds like fun." In another life Caelan probably was a farmer and he'd be happy doing that.

"Don't act like you don't want to cuddle.", Caelan laughed and continued to grin at Ronan afterwards. "I'd say it's the wifes duty to bear a child and it's the husbands duty to make his wife happy, especially at night, after a long day apart." Yes Caelan was talking about sex, that was a duty too, right? One that was fun, for both of them hopefully. "Noted.", he nodded at the fact that he got a free pass for the next time he tickled Ronan. He thought abput doing it now, but he decided otherwise, now he just wanted to hold Ronan for a few more minutes. He couldn't hold back laughter once more though. "Ronan, sleeping with a bunch of girls didn't prepare me for having sex with you. Besides, we don't have to sleep with each other in the most crudest sense of the word. What we did before that was pretty fun too, wasn't it?" Now that they opened pandoras box, it didn't mean they could never use their hands and mouth anymore. Additionally Ronan yet had to... Caelan was too embarassed to think about that and shoved the thought far away. Caelan put his arms around Ronan once he finally relaxed a bit more and softly stroke his back. Even though they were naked, this was innocent, Caelan didn't have any motives asking for Ronan to hop onto his lap or come closer. "Well I guess I have to keep on trying to get you pregnant then!", Caelan laughed jokingly. It was cute Ronan got all flustered about being close now and about having sex. As long as he was here though, Caelan indeed was happy. "Very...", he purred.
    • "I'm glad you did, because I think I did the same.", Ronan called out. He couldn't see Caelan like this, not when he was hiding his face and making an attempt at cuddling closer and worming himself into Caelans heart even more. Was there a point in that? Ronan couldn't quite tell, but he understood that, for whatever reason, he had dibs on the blonde and wouldn't be able to get out of their little liaison, even if he truly wanted to. "It sounds fun, away from everyone and anyone. I can stay up here on my own while you go visit some friends, though. I know you're more of a people person than I am, there is no need to sacrifice everything for me." He meant it. Caelan had friends, he had a social life and Ronan, atop all of that, wasn't mad if he wouldn't come first all the time, even though he could be quite possesive regardless. There was a life to enjoy, beyond a crummy hut atop a mountain - a life that Ronan had given up on before experiencing it to its fullest. "So we'll fix the hut with the excellent handyman we have here and then we'll bring some fluffy cattle up here?", he joked and wondered if that would be possible. The sheep were probably massive, their fluffy wool all over the place whilst the chickens definitely had to look like little snow fairies. "I think you'll distract me as well, so please keep on your shirt.", he joked. Caelan was always a sight to behold, even with a shirt on, and Ronan was already certain that he'd get distracted by anything the blonde did, even if they simply lived the life of some unknown, nameless farmers.

"I'm ... I like cuddling. I never said I didn't want to.", Ronan grumbled, well aware that he often sounded grumpy and somewhat delusional when it came to the most mundane things. He listened to what Caelan had to say and a dry laugh escaped him. "So you're saying it's the husbands duty to get the wife pregnant in the first place when they want to have some fun at night?", he merely chuckled. The thought was absurd and while sex was fun - while Ronan still owed Caelan a great deal - he also knew that one of those things would be impossible to achieve. Unless they'd magically be blessed with some odd anatomy, which Ronan was sure he didn't possess, and fucked like rabbits would, there probably was no point in making an attempt at any of this - but it was a fun thought. "Sleeping with girls didn't prepare you? I guess, in a sense, that's true, but ... I'm not that much different from all those girls you fucked before. And it was fun, very much so." Nobody could find out, though, and while they had a long way to go from here, maybe it would be better to lay low, just to make sure that nothing would catch up on their little ... agreement. Ronan looked up, gazed at Caelan for a bit too long, and stole himself a kiss, a languid one, one he thought he deserved. Those hands felt nice on his back, making him feel right at home, just like this - he belonged here, in Caelans arms - but it didn't take long for him to blush profusely and stutter. "You ... I ... you ... wha- ... you what? Just how much do you want to fuck me?", he sputtered, with his eyes widening in disbelief. Caelan was the horny one!
    • Caelan smiled at the thought. They found each other, a place where they belonged, someone that understood them, not only because they were unnatural and fell for the wrong kind, but because of their upbringing and their fathers. Given, Caelan would never argue that Allard was as bad as Darragh, notin a million years and yet he too had a father that hated everything he was for no good reason at all. Ronan understood how that felt and even if the blonde dealt with it differently, he too understood how Ronan must be feeling. The blonde let his hands softly run over Ronans body, comforting him and himself too. "We'll see, as of now I am happy by your side and don't want to be anywhere else.", he answered. They needed to use the little time they had together, Caelan could visit his friends when Ronan couldn't meet him and he saw them during festivities, the last one wasn't even that far gone. "I will put fixing up the hut on my todo list, I'll wait with the cattle until we're truly moving in.", he laughed. After all, someone had to feed the animals and protect them too in case some hungry mountain animal found them. Caelan shook his head while laughing. "That's not what I meant. I distract them by being a noble and they don't want me to do labor. One time a cow ran loose on the mountain, I found it and brought ot back and as soon as I got spotted they tried to rip the leash from me! Oh no my Lord, you don't have to my Lord, it's our fault my Lord... " Caelan sighed. "When I tried to help out with a festival once because a cart had fallen over and I wanted to help pull it out of the mud it was the same. Everyone in Fhaergus knows my face too.", he complained. Caelan would love to just help on the fields for a change, or shepherd some sheep, but he couldn't.

"Don't grumble when you say that then!", Caelan reprimanded Ronan with some laughter. At least he cuddled him now, although his face still seemed red. "I'm saying, when I come home after a long day and you missed me, it'll be my duty to kiss and cuddle you and to make you feel as good as possible. If that involves sex, so be it.", Caelan focued the narrative more to the two of them. He'd love to come home from a hunt or from tending to the sheep and then shower Ronan in kisses and massaging his feet. "Ronan... As someone who slept with a man and women before, let me tell you it is different. It feels different, the position is different and besides that I love you and I never loved them.", he explained, not sure if Ronan would take it like that. "Besides... Your books probably prepared you more than those girls prepared me." It had felt different, but everything felt different with Ronan, even a simple kiss did. Like the one he received now, which he returned lovingly. Afterwards he looked into Ronans bright red face and laughed." I'm joking!", he told him. "But it was great and I'd like to repeat it, doesn't need to be anytime soon though." With that he leaned forward and pressed a short kiss to Ronans neck. "And before I'm accused of being a horny dog again, I'm gonna go and prepare a surprise for you." With that he softly pulled Ronan off of himself and stood up to grab a towel. Once he dried himself up, he got into his fresh clothes and smiled. "No peeking until I get you."
    • Ronan couldn’t quite imagine what he’d done to deserve all of this. Not only did Caelan, undoubtedly, belong to him, he also indulged the most secret of his thoughts and tried to play along whenever he found the time to - it wad almost embarrassing to consider how much effort he put into everything and yet, Ronan was the one that - often enough - found himself to be underprepared or not prepared at all. Whatever could he contribute to Caelan, and how could he make him feel good? Surely, this wasn’t a transactional relationship and yet, Ronan couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if the blonde ever tired of him and his wild, almost blasphemous ideas that were bound to get them into trouble one way or the other. “I can’t envision being anywhere else either.”, he spoke with a smile, one that was bound to worm itself into Caelans heart, if only because it was blossoming against his scarred skin. “Can’t have cattle if we aren’t here half of the time … but I think, I want to pet a fluffy Fhaergus cow now. All I have here is a bull without much fur, but he’s cute. Especially like this.”, he teased, seemingly amused by the realization that Caelan could moonlight as almost everything. Was he a beast? No, Ronan was one, but even then, both of them seemed like they were going to some strange metamorphosis thanks to one another. “Oh, my lord, I believe I have fallen and I can’t get up.”, Ronan theatrically mocked, but soon enough, he shook his head. “I can only imagine how frustrating it is. It feels like you’re being babied and coddled in a special way. It’s annoying.” It had to be.

“I knew you were going to call me out on that!”, he defended himself, and yet, he should’ve seen it coming before he grumbled about it. Ronan enjoyed this, more than anything else, and if only time had permitted it, he would have clung as close to Caelan as he could, for the rest of his days in this hut. “Is that truly your duty? Isn’t it mine to help you relax and unwind? Or does thay tie into each other?” Having sex didn’t seem so outlandish anymore and Ronan knew that containing his excitement was, at the very least sometimes, hardly possible. Right now, any attempt he would make in any possible direction, was nothing more than a step down the right path - which also meant that they were waffling about a potential, impossible but idyllic future right now, with one another. “I feel honored to be loved by you, and I can’t imagine loving anyone else, you know? It just seems outlandish to consider. As outlandish as sleeping with a woman, which it shouldn’t be.”, he explained while pressing his face against the broad chest, which soon enough moved and robbed him of all the warmth it had previously provided. Ronan clicked with his tongue as the water levels sunk the slightest bit and Caelan removed his presence from the tub - all he did was pull his legs toward him, hug them and rest his head on his knees. The bathtub was a rather small one, and yet, Ronan had enjoyed it - loved to share, but not claim it for himself. “My books? Caelan!”, he laughed, flicking some water in the blondes direction. That was embarrassing and yet, Ronan had devoured all of them as soon as he got ahold of them - the forbidden library of Alster was something else, full of secrets and disasters that were about to unfold at some point, and now all of that was los to time. “Maybe I’ll fuck you for a change?”, he suggested, looming over the rim of the tub. He sunk further in, wetting his hair in the process, before shortly submerging him fully - he came up for air, nothing else. “Alright, alright you not so horny dog, off you go, unless I complain and wish for you to take me right then and there. I’ll remain in this tub, but please don’t hurt yourself, alright?”, he inquired. What surprise was Caelan even going to prepare? Dinner?
    • Caelan wasn't sure how Ronan thought he could hurt himself, so he just smiled and shrugged his shoulders before leaving the room. Outside he cared for their food. He ripped out the feathers of the bird Ronan shot and rummaged through the tiny kitchen cabinets to see what he had stored up here. There wasn't much he could do up here and besides that, he wasn't the best cook in the world, yet a simple stew seemed not appropriate. There were some roots and potatoes he was able to use as sides at least and also a variety of spices he once stored up here for cooking, since they were dried and wouldn't go bad. He roasted the bird over the fire, hoping the smell didn't ruin the surprise and while the meat was cooking, he searched for fresh plates. The fire in the fireplace was already burning, but Caelan searched the storage for some candles. He didn't want this hut to burn to the ground so he took some more plates and stuck the candles with some wax to them before lighting them and setting them around the fireplace. He also brought some fur over from the bed which he spread out on the floor right before the fireplace so it was comfortable to sit there. He also readied two blankets, because he was sure eventually Ronan would want one.

Once that was done he searched for two glasses. He didn't have anything fancy around here so it ended up to be two regular cups. He also didn't have any wine around here, only some hard Fhaergus liquor. His surprise wasn't perfect he admitted that, he found two more cups and decided he'd offer Ronan some water and alcohol. He didn't plan on getting wasted. He wondered if Ronan would hate eating on the floor for a second, but they could always move to the tiny table, for now he finished up their food. The bird was done with crispy skin around it. He cut it up a bit and placed some of the cooked potatoes on two plates too. Both plates were placed at the fur heap and Caelan decided to add some more pillows too. Only then did he go back to the bathroom in which he left Ronan all alone. He knocked before slowly opening the door and peeking inside. "I'm done. Get dressed and come out.", he smiled, waiting for Ronan to do just that so he could present his surprise with a big "Tadaaa" He would have added rose petals and offered wine in fitting glasses, but this was the best he could do up here.
    • A knife and some overly confident attitude was enough to cause a cut, but even then, Ronan wanted to have faith in Caelan and his abilities. He‘d done this before, all by himself and he wouldn‘t simply walk out on him like this - right? It was Ronans job to mysteriously disappear into the night, never to be seen again, because murky, icy river water clung to his very being and pulled him under until it filled his lungs and finally embraced his soul in a world down below. The thought itself was gloomy, nothing that warranted being in high spirits - and on top of that, not what Caelan deserved. Ronan sunk deeper into the water of their shared bath and wet his hair in the process, before submerging his face once more and closing his eyes - shutting out the world for as long as a singular deep breath would allow him to, before sitting up an gasping for air, casting aside the darkness he had invited into his very body. The traces of the blonde were long gone and while the tub hadn’t gone cold, he very well lacked a warm body to keep him company at the very least. For a moment, Ronan merely listened to any noises he could hear from outside the door, but he felt like he was listening in on a secret not meant for his ears, at the very least not now.

He mulled over it for a mere minute before he begun scrubbing his body and focusing on the soapy water he was left with, on the sounds it made when it trickled down his hair or when a long chain of rivulets hit the still surface below. Not once did he think about changing anything, and yet, all that dirt that barely had clung to his body was washed away in seconds - Ronan looked to the ugly scar, on the dirty fix as Caelan had called it, that marred his wrist; and onto the deep cut, the pink skin that had yet to heal completely. If he had to take a guess, he’d figure that the wound that Caelan had fixed hurt less, yet, seemed much stiffer and the skin itself was less flexible - as if he was being reeled back in once he bent the wrist the wrong or right way. Was that his punishment for trying his utmost to end his very life? A reminder that there was somebody out here that cared enough to still his bleeding wound? Apparently so, but as the door creaked open, Ronan jolted and forced both his hands back underwater - a mix of dried herbs and meat accompanied Caelans voice that beckoned him to leave his self-imposed water prison and as such, Ronan did, carefully drying himself off with one of the towels he was provided with, before slipping back into his clothing. For a moment, he wondered it he should put those treacherous boots of his back on, but he decided against it as he wormed his way out of the bathroom. While it had been bleak initially, a few candles dimly illuminated the rest of the room and some crackling fire wasn’t far from there either - his nose followed the smell, and he couldn’t help but chuckle upon seeing the heaps of fur and Caelans crude but endearing gesture. Ronan waltzed up to him and hugged him from the side, feeling so much smaller but also incredibly welcomed in his arms. “You didn’t have to do all that.”, he whispered, quite content at the display he received. Ronan tiptoed and reached for Caelans collar with both hands, digging his fingers in to pull him down and kiss him - no questions asked. “Thank you.”, he simply spoke once their lips parted. Then, he smiled, expectantly but shy at the same time - his face felt warm again, but this time around, he didn’t tear away his gaze. “We should eat before it gets cold? It smells really nice.”
    • Caelan gave Ronan a view minutes to get ready and while he watched him climb into his own clothes again, he tilted his head. "I think I have some spare clothing around, do you want to borrow a shirt?", he asked. Ronans attire was fit for traveling and also nice enough to meet Caelans parents, but they weren't doing that now, now they would eat, maybe cuddle and sleep eventually. Caelans shirt would be way too big for Ronan, but for being comfortable it probably was enough. Eventually Ronan was done and joined Caelan at the door out of which he led him to present his surprise to him. Caelan carefully watched Ronans face to figure out if he liked it. It seemed so, because he suddenly got hugged right where he stood. He put his arm around Ronan and patted him smiling. "I know, but I wanted to.", he replied and soon after got pulled down to the smaller figure so Ronan could give him a kiss. Caelan was happy that he liked his surprise and that this wasn't too much again. He had planned this for hours if not days.

Ronan kept looking at Caelan with red cheeks and a warm smile. The blonde smiled back and nodded. "Yes, here, I hope it tastes good too.", he smiled softly pulling Ronan over to the fur and around the candles to eventually help him sit down. Once he did Caelan grabbed the plate with the food and handed it to him, only then he sat down himself and got his own share. He also nodded at the cups he found. "I didn't have any fancy plates or glasses, nor do I have any wine up here. That's water and I also found a bottle of liquor if you want some, I think it's something my uncle brew himself. Not exactly what I want to offer to a meal like that, but it's all I have." Caelan smiled apologetically. This was far from perfect but it was what he could manage out here. For now he watched Ronan take a bite before he took one himself. "So? Is it good?", he asked expectantly and maybe a bit nervous. he didn't cook often and when he did, he did outside at a campfire and didn't care much about the taste himself.
    • Having emerged from the tub, his skin still tingled once the much colder air hit parts of it - it wasn’t uncomfortable, quite the opposite in fact, and Ronan cherished the moment he was gifted by Caelan - the sheer bit of silence that had broken apart the moment he’d set his eyes on the grandeur of the display before him. Surely, it wasn’t too fancy and definitely not something many knew how to appreciate, but Ronan was quite different in that regard. Not only did he find it quite romantic, he also wondered if this had taken more than a speck of time out of Caelans day - and Ronan didn’t want to be an asshole about it. “A shirt? After dinner, if possible. I doubt it’s quite the sight to have me eat in nothing but my boyfriends shirt, or would that play right into this scenario?”, he wondered aloud. Maybe it did, but even then, it was too late now and if Ronan was honest, he hadn’t bothered with dressing himself neatly - these clothes would be coming off, one way or the other, and he’d rather not have Caelan pull on them and tear off a button, though, he wasn’t that much of a brute anyway - thankfully.

“I feel … honored.”, he mumbled, smiling back at the blonde that made his heart beat out of control again and let his eyes sparkle with childlike glimmer. Ronan enjoyed this very much, even if he thought of it as a bit much - it was in both of their best interests and out here, where a romantic gesture like that was only shared between the two of them, there was nothing to fear. Even back in Kilead, he had wondered if they’d be found out eventually - but they hadn’t been, which instilled confidence in him, something he’d taken a bit too far in Alster, but Caelan had been no different. “You put so much effort into this, it better tastes good or I’m blaming the bird for being the problem.”, he chuckled and sat down. The fur was soft and felt much better than any chair could - Ronan enjoyed it, just like this, just the two of them and nobody else. There were no discernible noises, aside from crackling fire and their own words, their battered, anticipating breaths and all those words they shared solely with one another. Ronan did as he was told, he cut off a piece of meat, which - while not buttery - seemed soft enough, and then allowed himself to take a bit. He enjoyed it, the herbs were perfect for somewhat dry meat like this and while he knew that Caelan wouldn’t let it slide like this, Ronan happily smiled at him. “Oh come on. I don’t need expensive plates or pompous glasses to drink out of, I want to have fun and share this moment with you, and you’re here, so that’s all that matters.”, he giggled before taking another bite. “It’s very good, I like it! I fear it might be even better than the rabbit we had a while ago. Well done.”, Ronan praised. “Also, moonshine you say?” For a moment he inspected the cups, then he took a swig and couldn’t help but grumble as he sat it aside - that was the water. Before long he grabbed the one with the bitter liquor and drank from it - quick, but not too much. His throat felt warm soon enough and the taste that remained in his mouth reminded him of dried oranges and pinecones - what a strange combination. “Your uncle has a bit of a peculiar taste, but it isn’t bad.”