[2er RPG] The Shepherd [ENG]

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Andrew nodded. He wasn't Marcus' psychiatrist, he was his friend. The man learned how to separate work and private life.
      "Well, I think he's going to surprise you", Andrew said, "being a parent can do marvelous things and bring forth sides of a person, not even they knew they had."

Marcus was in his own world. Some peiple call it a mind palace, but Marcus didn't have such a thing. For him it was more like the computer interface from Minority Report. He pushed information from side to side, looked through his mental archives, piecing together a puzzle with no clue how many pieces he needed and who the picture would end up looking. But he did it anyways because he had to.
      He reached into his pocket and pulled a gum. The small things kept him occupied, let him think straight.
      He slept through the flight to New Orleans, which was an hour worth. Better than nothing. Outside the airport, Marcus put on his sunglasses, pulled another gum and shouldered his bag. It was hot and hummid, but he wore his black jeans, sneaker and his leather jacket, like he always did.
      "We're not gonna do the big set up. Tomorrow we drive to that adress, in and out, back home. Ackerman will give us, what we wanna know, no matter what", Marcus explained the plan.
      He was no stranger to violence. He didn't use it often, he didn't like it. If he did, he would just be like the monsters they hunted. Just like his brother. But he was good at obtaining information simply because people couldn't hide anything from his all seeing, all hearing mind.
    • Logan didn't know is Marcus would surprise him, but he certainly hoped so. He was insanely worried about him, but he tried to hide that. There was no room for this now. He read a book on the flight and ever so often looked to his side. Marcus was asleep, he was glad about that.

It was pretty hot in New Orleans and Logan wondered how Marcus was able to leave his jacket on. Also he looked really tough in this, he always wore this. Logan found it hot and funny at the same time. The sunglasses made the picture perfect. He himself wore a normal T-Shirt and wide pants with lots of pockets. He wore his sunglasses on his head, holding back his curly blond hair. He more looked like a tourist. And Andrew didn't fit to either of them, he looked like he was on a business trip.
      "Roger that!", Logan smiled after Marcus explained the plan, Andrew nodded. "How is it you two are not melting? It's damn hot here.", Logan then pointed out and took a step back to look at them. "So what's the plan today then? Checking in at the hotel and do some research? Maybe eating together in the evening?" He tried to make it not all about work and tried to spread a better mood.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Earinor ()

• Marcus nodded. Usually thet used the first day to set everything up but there was nothing to set up this time.
      "I don't know how long this thing will take, so we need to get that souvenir for Dylan today. And the postcard."
      Marcus massaged his nose. As soon as he mixed work and family, his head started to hur. There was more information than he could process, more thoughts than he could think. He needed to finish the one thing to be able to concentrate on the other.
      "Guess the best place to look is Bourbon Street. Some Mardi Gras pearls or something", he thought aloud.
    • Logan smiled and grabbed Marcus by his shoulder. "Yeah shopping!", he laughed and started walking, dragging Marcus with him. "Never had time for this at a job, I guess there is a first for everything." Andrew followed them, sighing a little. "Logan, do you even know where we are going?", he asked, Logan turned around. "Well...."
      "You don't."
      "Right. Do you?"
      "Yes."
      "Then lead the way chef."
      "What's with our luggage, we should check in first, so we don't have to carry it around."
      "Ah right right." Logan smiled, his bag wasn't all too big and he had dragged it around with them, but he could see Andrews point.
      "Where is your head Logan... Marcus? How can you live with someone like that?", he laughed, shaking his head.
    • "I constantly ask the same question", Marcus answered and tightened the grip in his bag.
      He led them outside and to the parking lot for rental cars. They already had their paperwork, de keys were inside the car. Marcus sat behind the wheel this time.
      They were staying at a hotel right outside the french quater. The only thing Marcus did after checking in was to throw his bag on the bed. Then he checked his gun, took some painkillers and a gum. He did not check the hotel room for cameras or mics or anything. He didn't care about that sort of stuff. But he did memorize the hotels layout and knew what rooms were occupied and by whom.
      "Here", he said, standing outside chewing his gum, while handing Andrew a business card.
      "What's that?", the blonde man asked.
      "The restaurant. For dinner."
      "So I guess I'll drive?"
      Marcus nodded. Since Logan seemed to have no idea how to get around unlike Andrew, his boyfriend was banned to the back seat.
      "And where are we going to shop?", Andrew asked.
      Marcus shrugged.
      "It's a tourist attraction. We'll find something."
    • "I don't want to sit in the back... I feel like I'm a child...", Logan complained back there and leaned forward to place his head inbetween the two.
      "I was sitting in the back too.", Andrew stated but Logan only shrugged his shoulders, instead talkin as if Andrew didn't say anything.
      "I can't hear a thing back there, you need to talk louder.", he further complained, earning a strict look from Andrew. It probably meant 'Sit back again and put your seatbelt on'. Logan did silently. He always was an adult when Dylan or hia siblings were around, even when he was much younger. But being away like that had this effect of childishness on him. Also Marcus and Andrew were always concentrated on work although Andrew was calmer and not as tense as Marcus. He also was best with people and overall was a kind person. Nevertheless, Logan felt as if he had to spread some fun around here. He didn't play it though it just felt natural to him. And he probably also did it to calm himself down a little. He was constantly worried about this mission almost a week now.
      "Music!", he demanded, leaning back and making himself comfortable back there. He looked outside the window, watching the buildings flying by, he never was in New Orleans before.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Earinor ()

• Andrew reached for the radio, glancing at Marcus. The man didn't react so he put a local channel on. Jazz. Who would have suspected that?
      "You know, Logan", he said, "you behave like a child by saying you feel like it in the way you just did. Just for your general information."
      Andrew wasn't bothered by Logans behavior. In fact, he kinda enjoyed it. Logan was a fighter, yes, but he was also the one, loosening up the work they had to do. Even from his position as a profiler he could see the benfits of that. Because no matter how they introduced themselves or how good they planned everything out, in the end they were just hunters and therefore not much better than the monsters they'd hunt. That alone could take a huge toll on someone. But being the most effective team of the organization meant, that they got their targets and that was only possible in one way: showing no mercy. Andrew knwe how to use a gun, but he never had to. Logan and Marcus on the other hand... especially Marcus seemed to always get into situations where he specifically had to use violence to get nnot only the job dine, but to save his own life. It was as if the universe itself wanted to kill him but he was too good at surviving. More often than he would like to Andrew found himself asking, how much a man could take before turning into a monster. Francis Ackermann made it through eleven years before he was completely broken, and he was child and his father operated on his brain. Without the latter he'd maybe not a killer. Broken, but not monstrous. Marcus on the other hand... Andrew knew that if something happend to the boy, Dylan, the would loose Marcus. Marcus would loose himself. Not even Logan could help then.

They reached the french quater and were immediately surrounded by tourists, fakers and musicians.
      Marcus head still hurt. He hated New Orleans, that much he knew by now.
    • Logan shrugged his shoulders again and didn't bothef to answer Andrew. It didn't take long until they reached there destination. Logan jumped out of the car and was amazed by the lifeliness of this part of town. He looked around while Marcus led the way, searching for a shop that suited him to buy a souvenir for Dylan. Logan often had to run over to them again when he stopped to listen to a musician or something similar. They actually went into a shop finally and Logan looked around. There was all sorts of cheesy stuff that was far to expensive, but they wouldn't find something cheap here. After some looking around Logan stood beside Marcus. "This town seems so lively and happy... I like it! I took some pictures for Dylan with my phone." He smiled, Marcus had his headache face on and it was probably too noisy and colorful for him. He always liked some peace and quiet. "Did you find something for him yet?"
    • The shop they were in wouldn't help them. Marcus just fled in here. It was quieter, both noise wise and color wise.
      "No", he answered Logan.
      He looked at a guitar. Nothing special, just a normal.acoustic guitar. But he liked the shape and color.
      "You know, father is a great musician. I can't stand the sound of a guitar."
      Marcus stopped himself from touching the instrument. Logan may be right about finding a hobby, but Marcus most certainly wouldn't do anything his father liked.
      "We"ll just get him some Mardi Gras stuff. A mask. Some pearls. A colorful postcard."
      He left the shop, suddenly feeling even more uncomfortable in there than outside.
      "Oh... son, you need to look out. There is a dark cloud surrounding you. Bad things will happen."
      An semi-old lady approached him. She didn't look like one of those fakers but for Marcus something like witchcraft didn't exist.
      "You don't say", he answered, "I would be worried, if there wasn't one."
    • Logan stood beside Marcus, looking at his face and was even more worried. Marcus didn't seem to think of anything else and Logan gave up and followed his boyfriend outside. The woman who then approached him left Logan even more worried as he was. He didn't believe in something like that, but it was the final bit pushing him. He shoved Marcus on the street again and kept quiet this time. They walked for another 10 minutes until Marcus found and bought something for Dylan, then they left for the restaurant Marcus had picked.
      Inside it was quiet and they got to sit in a corner for themselves. Logan read the menu, while he ignored the worried looks Andrew gave them.
      "You know what you pick yet?", he asked smiling to say at least something. Logan nodded, he could go for some alcohol now, but he didn't, "Steak.", Logan answered and put the menu away. "Andrew we didn't even ask how you are, sorry. What have you been up to lately?" Logan started a conversation which was not about Marcus or his life.
    • "Ah well, the usual. Reading books, annoy people with my anecdotes. We won the school cup, I have to add. That was quite remarkable."
      Andrew trained a elementary school basketball team. Nobody knew how he got the job or why he did it. He always said, he didn't want kids. Well, with his past... He'd also help the kids as the schools counselor. And all that on a voluntary basis. This man was a freakin saint!
      Marcus listened in, trying not to zone out again. At least while eating he wanted to be present.
      "How's Dylan doing?", Andrew asked, "Lacross was it, right? Pretty physical sport."
      "He's okay. Still has problems fitting into the team. But he got there in the middle of the season, so their priorities are different", answered Marcus.
      "Pretty competitive for an elementary school. We just let the run around and have fun."
      Marcus shrugged.
      "Dylan likes it and wants to play first row next season. And he's good. Saw a couple of games and I think he can make it."
    • He listened to Andrew, he asked himself how he fit all his voluntary work inbetween working. Logan mostly came home, helped Dylan with his homework and then he was going to bed already. Leaving Logan with only silent stuff in the house. And most of the time he spent the rest of the evening with Marcus, helping him with things in the house, or just talk and watch TV.
      Marcus told Andrew about Dylan and they all ordered inbetween. Logan looked at Marcus who wasn't half as enthusiastic about his son as he used to be. He probably had too much stuff on his mind.
      "Hey Marcus, tell him about the picture!", Logan smiled, he took a look at it and he was immensely proud to be on it too. Also it showed how much better the boy was and Logan also thought it was very artistic for a seven year old. Maybe he was just fatherly excited about it though. Andrew looked at Marcus interested and it was not a 'okay tell me about your son if you must' look. Andrew was really interested, he always was.
    • "Uh... okay."
      Marcus was amazed how excited Logan was about the picture still. So he pulled out his phone and showed Andrew instead of just telling.
      "They were asked to paint what makes them happy and Dylan drew this."
      Andrew took a closer look, his specially trained brain working. Then he smiled.
      "I guess you are now stuck. The only thing missing in this picture is a dog."
      "We're not getting a dog", Marcus intercepted before Logan could get all excited about that idea.
      Andrew laughed.
      "Just an ide", he said, "but this is great. He's making big progress. And he's a talented artist. Wings are hard to draw, but they look good. And he managed to get the ringa under your eyes right."
      Marcus threw a look in Andrews direction.
    • Logan wanted to state that a dog was a good idea, but he was cut off immediately and swallowed what he wanted to say again. But Logan had to laugh when Andrew managed the rings under Marcus eyes. "I have none, which proves again, that I am the attractive of us two.", he grinned and took some bread that was standing on the tables. He was hungry. "See, Andrew also thinks Dylan is talented. And he has to know it for sure. Maybe he's going to be an artist someday... or into sports? Maybe an Arts and Sports Teacher..."
      They talked a little while longer about Dylan. The food was served too and they began to eat and kept talking. They talked about all sorts of 'normal' things and Logan had eaten up in a few minutes. He had 5 siblings, he learned to eat fast. So he waited for the others to finish too.
      Afterwards they went back to the hotel, there Logan let himself fall on the bed. "Ahh... I'm so full... I think I'll explode...", he sighed and opened one eye to look at Marcus. "You think you can sleep tonight?"
    • "Have you ever seen me sleep on a job?", Marcus answered.
      He took his phone and facetimed his old phone he gave Dylan. He layed down next to Logan and held the device above them. It was about Dylans bedtime and Marcus promised him, to check in and check the room with him via facetime and with Logans sister together.
      "Dad!", the boy greated.
      He still needed to put on his pjs shirt.
      "Hey buddy. You okay?"
      "Jup. I'm almost done with my school project and tomorrow, Kyle comes over."
      "Cool. But first yo u finish it, right."
      "Juo."
      They talked for a while and then Dylan looked into every corner with the phone in his hand.
      "Sleep thight, little one."
      "You too."
      Marcus hang up and threw the phone onto his bag. For a moment there was quiet.
      "I miss him", he finally said and got up again. He took off his shirt, then his pants and went to the bathroom. A moment later, the sound of a running shower was audible.
      "You commin?", Marcus asked from the other room, "you really need one, skunk."
    • Logan was glad to see Dylan and his sister and also said good night. Marcus was in his typical work mode, except the 'missing his son' part, which was something new. Logan stared at the ceiling, thinking about Marcus and his grandfather... and thinking about himself, until Marcus voice got him back on track. Logan stood up, went in the bathroom and sighed. "Jokes don't suit you, especially not in work mode. Or do you want to zone out a little? But I demand cuddling afterwards and I want you to lie in bed, even if you cannot sleep.", he smiled and took his shirt and his pants off. For now he threw everything on the ground and then joined Marcus under the shower. "So hot it almost hurts a little, that's like you.", he whispered and wrapped his arms around Marcus, giving him a short kiss on his neck.
    • "Joke? Have you taken a sniff of yourself recently? I'm not gonna share a bed with you like this."
      Marcus reached out and a second later the water was ice cold. He bit his tongue to not react to that. To ease Logans 'pain', he made it warmer again, before turning around and leaning agains the wall.
      "I don't wanna zone out. I need to focus. But I can't. It's frustrating."
      He sighed and reached for the shampoo. It was weird to work again, knowing that there was someone waiting for him. At home. He didn't know what to with this knowledge, with these feelings. I was one thing to have Logan. The thing with Dylan was completely different.
      He started shampooing Logans chest, while staring into the distance that was his mind.
    • "Ah..!", Logan coughed when the water turned ice cold for a moment. "Are you punishing me for something?", he asked, the water got warmer again. While Marcus was working on Logans chest he himself grabbed the shampoo to wash his hair. "I know you don't wanna hear this, but... you should relax a little. As you said, no set up, no mission, we're just going there to talk to him. Why make a fuss about it now? We will see how we manage when we actually meet him, you can't do anything right now, you're no psychic." Logan smiled, washing the foam off of his hands. "It would be better to try to sleep today, so you're awake and running tomorrow. How about taking a sleeping pill tonight? We should rest, all three of us." Though Andrew had never trouble sleeping even in the most curious of places... Logan grabbed the shower head to wash off the shampoo , then putting it back.
    • Marcus grunted in agreement. He wasn't a fan of this idea, but he knew that it was his best option right now. He needed a clear head. He needed to be in good shape.
      He quickly finished the well needed shower and put on some boxer briefs, before looking through his bag for the pills. For a moment, he stared at the translucent orange cylinder with the small white pills in it. When Dr Rosemary prescribed them to him, he asked himself what his life had become. With a sigh he opened the little bottle. He swallowed the pill without any liquid.
      "Guess I'm out for today", he said and sat on the hotel bed.
      Ten to twenty minutes untill the pill would kick in, flooding his body with chemicals he couldn't resist, shutting it down for six to eight hours. Marcus hated the moment when it happened. He felt drowsy, his thoughts slowed down. It was not a nice feeling and it always came in combination with the hatred of depending on pills to get something so simple as sleep.
      With another sigh, Marcus robbed to his side of the bed and layed down, legs crossed, staring at the ceiling.

The next morning, Andrew knocked on the door, two coffees at hand. He expected to see Marcus. Usually the two of them drank their coffee and talked about the current job until Logan was a person again. But this morning he was greeted by a sleepy Logan and got a peek ar a sleeping Marcus.
      "That's... unusual", he said and handed Logan the coffee imstead, "good thing you two have the same coffee habits. Black, hard, and a lot of it."
    • Logan knew Marcus didn't like the pills, but he was glad he listened to him. He lay down on his side, looking at his boyfriend for a moment, but leaving him alone. He was focused on work and Logan knew that all to well, if he wanted to cuddle, he would come over.
      Logan probably fell asleep before Marcus.

He woke up when he heard a knock on the door. For a moment he thought he was at home and Dylan woke up, then he remembered that they were on a job. When Marcus took his pills Logan mostly woke up from the tiniest noise, as if his body new he had to be the careful one. That's why Andrew only had to knock once and Logan dragged himself to the door. He took the coffee, stepped outside and closed the door behind him. "He took his pills, so that he's fit today.", Logan explained and took a large sip of his coffee. "I hate mornings...", he murmured. "We should let him sleep, we aren't in a hurry right?" Another sip from his coffee, he felt like he was dead. "How can you be so awake and... stuff?" His brain didn't work at all and he looked at Andrew who looked styled as always.
      They sat down and Logan demanded another coffee, resting his head on the table.