[2er RPG] The Shepherd [ENG]

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• "More than one person, hm? Maybe it's his right hand man..."
      Francis thought about that for a second.
      "Oh, I didn't use a persona. This guy is expecting me and a friend of mine. He wants to see me, because I basically ruined one of his businesses. And he's expecting you, because I couldn't possibly do this alone", he shook his head, "No one is believing in my talents until I demonstrate them. That's actually kinda sad concidering my reputation, don't you think?"
      He ordered a shit ton of food. His body needed a lot of protein to function. Eating was such a waste of time. So inefficient. But it was mandatory to survive, so there was no way around it. At least it tasted like something in a restaurant.
      "We're meeting up this evening at King's mansion. I don't know what to expect. I just got 'roughed up' by some suits. They were ex-military as well, so I guess we have to expect at least somewhat of a resistance. For your consideration: It takes me about three seconds to know how high my chances of survival are. Now: What's the plan, little brother?"
    • "So he doesn't like you and therefore won't like me. Great. But he doesn't know that you are Francis Ackerman Jr., right? Although that might be of use somehow." Logan thought for a second, about what to do and about not rushing things. It would be a bad move to just march in there and try to kill everybody. Also, ex-military rang an alarming bell in Logans head. Of course there were many veterans, but Miller didn't send them here for nothing, maybe there was a reason.
      "We get access to his mansion, that's nice, but as long as we don't know who the real deal is, how many there are and where they are, we shouldn't rush into this. You did quite a lot of damage in just one night, he may be angry, but may also be impressed. Else he would have killed you already I guess. I'm sure he'll propose a deal to you, maybe a job. He also might wanna hire another ex-military guy who looks good in a suit. I'm thinking this could be our chance to gather some intel. If we wanna 'solve this problem' we need to strike all of Mr. Kings heads before they grow back again. You can share your opinion if you like."
    • "How generous of you, little brother. If you believe me or not, I actually wanted to go down the road of employment. I told the guys to tell Mr. King or whomever it concernes that there are two new ones in town who are looking for a job. And I underlined my arguments with a broken arm and a couple of kracked ribs. Maybe there was a dislocated shoulder in there, I can't remember. Anyway, I made quite the proposal for us. King or his right hand or whatever awaits a pleed for recuitment. And who would refuse Francis Ackerman jr.? And he brings a friend? What kind of person would a monster like this call a 'friend'? Mr. King should at least be interested in us."
      Ackerman basically shoved the food inside his mouth. Eating was inefficient. So why bother doing it in a pretty way?
    • "I wouldn't call you a friend.", Logan made clear and he knew he couldn't pretend he did. Maybe it was enough to call it a business relationship, which it was in a way. The ex-soldier wasn't sure if it was good they knew Francis was... well the infamous Francis Ackerman Jr. If they got a job there it would be of the dirtiest kind. Well Mike would understand and Logan didn't have a problem with dirty jobs per se.
      "Can you eat like a normal person, before everyone here starts staring at us? You look like you have planned a busy day. We meet in the evening right? What's your plan until then?" Logan needed to get rid of his badge for now and maybe he should get another weapon. One without a serial number leading back to him and his government job. Logan noticed the gun Francis wore right now, he never saw him with one before. Not even when they rescued Marcus from his father.
      "Wanna tell me where you shopped for that gun of yours?"
    • "Oh, that little thing?", Francis asked, completely ignoring Logans comment on his table manners, "This boy in a shady street gave it to me. He was so generous to give me his hard earned drug money as well. And his car. But to be honest, I don't like guns. I mean, they have their uses but I'm more the hands-on kinda guy, you know what I mean. You want it?"
      Without hesitation, he pulled the gun out of his belt and pushed it over the table towards Logan.
      "I thought about a real shopping tour. This kid on the street? He only had that thing and a cute little pocket knife. Since your friends confiscated all my stuff, I kinda need new things. I know of a cute little shop not far from here with beautiful knifes. What's your preferred weapon, little brother?"
      Francis thought, it would be good to get to know Logan a bit more. They had to work together and were quite different so the better they knew each other the better the work they did. Last time was mostly luck. Now, they needed more than that.
    • "Jesus Francis!" Logan hissed, snatched the gun off the table and put it away. "It's bright daylight and we are in the middle of a restaurant. Do you want to get in trouble? I'd hate to pull my badge now to help you out." Logan started to feel his headache coming back. Francis being that good at hiding was almost unbelievable.
      "I did offer you money to shop for anything you might need yesterday... whatever." Logan didn't try to ask why Francis stole that stuff from a dealer and only now wanted to go shop for something better. He instead answered his question.
      "I prefer guns, I have a good aim and I did weapons training for almost every firearm in the military. Don't like shotguns though... But I'm also good with a knife, although - and it hurts me to say this - you'd probably win in a fight. I did some weaponless training with Marcus from time to time too, I'd say we are on the same level, sometime he won, sometimes I did."
    • "I have my own money now. Besides, scaring a drug dealer isn't that hard to do. Competing with ex-military hired by a criminal genius? I like to be prepared for that one."
      Francis shrugged and cleaned his plate.
      He scanned Logan for a second. He was indeed well trained, but if he could barely beat Marcus in hand to hand combat, he wouldn't stand a chance against Francis. Not in a sparring type scenario. Logan was a cabable man, though. Depending on what Mr. King has aquired, it would be easy for the both of them to at least prove their own worth.
      "Good to know", he noted at Logans explanation, "I prefer, as you surely know, knifes. The Bowie knife in particular. That, or my bare hands. Of course I can handle pretty much any weapon but guns are loud, hard to get and even harder to hide from someone with experience. And in close combat their pretty much useless. I think we make a great team with that. You shoot at everything that moves and I take care of the leftovers."
      He grined. It looked weird. More like the smile of a great white shark. And there was this spark in his eyes. Was it anticipation? Or madness? Maybe even both...
    • "Yeah we need a good plan for this one...", Logan nodded. If they miscalculated anything here, they'd both be that and Marcus too, probably. There was no room for mistakes or an ego trip. Ex-military... Logan at least fit Kings employment profile and he couldn't hide that fact anyway. He just hoped he didn't know any of them, with Miller in the picture that was a possibility.
      "Okay Mr. Overconfident.", Logan sighed when Francis told him he could handle any weapon. And he didn't like the look on his face. Yes, Francis was a weapon himself, but if he started killing after so long, would he be able to stick to a plan? Maybe if its for Marcus sake, but Logan needed to trust this man. At least they had time to get to know each other as well if they did some little jobs for King for now. If they got the job...
      "If you're finished, let's go shopping and prepare for the evening."
    • The smile on Franci's face vanished in an instant.
      "Little brother, I'm not overconfident. I know the exact limits of my body in any way and I am physically unable to experience fear. Do not think this is an oversized ego. I know exactly what I'm doing. You do not. This is new territory for you. So, to make it clear: Follow my lead. I'm going to show you how to survive as a predator. I'm showing you how to be a wolf instead of a shepherd. This can get ugly pretty quickly, so we want to be careful. I don't know what to expect from Mr. King, but I have some ideas."
      He let his neck crack again.
      "All I need you to do, is to keep calm. If we're doing this right, you don't even have to break any moral codes. I'm gonna be your cute little pet. I'm gonna do the dirty work. You just need to look and act like you're the one holding my leash. Got that?"
      Without waiting for an answer, he got up and left a one hundred dollar note before leaving and heading for the car he got from the dealer.
    • "Famous last words.", Logan unimpressed answered and stood up. He didn't even care what Francis was talking about at this point. He also didn't ask why the hell he left a hundred bucks on the table. He just followed Francis to his car. "You don't know me, okay?", he said after sitting down. It was Francis car, so he could drive. Logan wasn't sure if this was a good idea though. "I don't need you to do my dirty work."
      He didn't. He really didn't. Francis didn't know Logan and even Marcus didn't know about most of what Logan did during his time at the military. His moral code? He followed the rules for Marcus sake, but if he needed to get his hands dirty to save Marcus then he'd do it without thinking twice about it. And he wouldn't feel bad about it afterwards either. It may very well be that he killed more people then Francis did. But Logan gave up talking to him, he couldn't say anything that Francis didn't twist around or needed to make sound stupid. Logan just wanted to save Marcus, he didn't want to be friends with Francis.

That was why he didn't say anything else until they were at their destination. Buying weapons for a psychopathic killer for illegal actions with government money was absurd. Well, Francis had his own money now, so Logan bought only stuff for himself. He liked the gun Francis snatched from this guy, but he preferred another model. And he wasn't as good with a knife as Francis, still he wanted one. Like he said, guns are useless in close combat and sometimes there was no other way. Logan also got some ammunition, then he was pleased and ready for whatever this evening might hold.
    • It was cute to watch how desperately Logan was trying to keep his distance from Francis. But the killer knew better than that. He could read in people like they were books with extra large print. And Logan was quite an interesting read. There was determination, yes, but the best part was that killer in him who battled with this tiny spark of guilt. Did Marcus know? That would be a funny conversation.

Francis drove to a not so legal shop for weapons in the darker parts of town. He knew that this specific place was operated by some of Mr. Kings men. He counted on that and picked his shopping list accordingly. A Bowie Knife, two brass knuckles and a gun. Yes, a gun. He wanted to paint a slightly different picture. After all, surprising Mr. King would up their chances of survival.
      After that, he drove somewhere else. It was not a location, where one would suspect to see the infamous Francis Ackerman: A high class building with apartments for people with way too much money.
      The portier greeted him friendly, Francis smiled back, before heading to the elevators. Their destination was a couple meters up, on the 14th floor to be exact. Apparently, Ackerman had his own apartment here. Where he kept a lot of stuff no one should know about. At least no one working for the government. There were a bunch of weapons - mostly military grade - money and explosives. Francis was prepared and it was quite obvious that this stuff wasn't accumulated in just one night.
      "I never thought I would use this place. Never been a fan of hiding in high priced areas", he said while he put away the gun and instead took a couple of oddly shaped knifes. The fit perfectly around his knuckes and their case, which Francis put around his waist, was basically invisible. He wore those on his back. Next, he put on a big watch, one of those military water proof things. But his had a special trait to it. The Bowie Knife in its case landed where you would expect a knife to be: on Francis' hip. After that, he took off his shirt, which unearthed the biggest part of his scars. They covored every inch of his upper body but apparently his father was cautious in his placement. Francis had no problems hiding them underneath a long sleeved shirt: The scars stopped a couple of inches away from his wrists and right underneath his collar bone.
      Next to go where his sneaker and his pants. Jeans weren't good to move in. He changed into some more... practical clothes, meaning stuff that screamed military. And everything was black, just like he like it. His new shirt was skin thight and barely hid the knives. Surprisingly enough, they seemed to have vanished as if they'd become a part of Francis' muscule packed body. To round up everything, he hid a small knife in each of his boots - which was still not every weapon he would carry to this meeting.
      "Feel free to take whatever you want. I'm not gonna come back here very soon. And I guess your friends from Washington wanna confiscate... well, all of it."
    • After the weapons shop they drove somewhere else. Logan didn't ask where he just followed Francis inside this big building after they reached their destination. When they entered Francis room Logan was speechless for a moment. He had his own weapons shop here.
      Logan only shortly gazed at Francis when he changed, then looked around. And after Francis said he could take whatever he liked, he didn't think twice about it. Francis had some nice stuff here and he sure was useful when saving Marcus. Logan didn't want a third time, but if it came to it, he could need Francis hiding places again.
      "I've not decided if I tell them about this..."
      Maybe Marcus should decide about his brothers fate and stuff. The sooner Logan got rid of him the better. But for now he needed to work closely together with him...
      Logan eyed the bigger weapons Francis had here, but he couldn't really use them right now. Too bad. Instead Logan decided to take two more knives which felt good in his hands. He also took one more gun of the same model he already bought, and a third smaller one. He was happy with that... for now. If they had to fight against King and his men at some point, he wanted to come her again first.
      "I need to get rid of my badge. I'd hate to just leave it somewhere, do you have some fire?", Logan asked. He absolutely couldn't be found out here. Burning that thing so at least his name and face were unrecognizable felt somehow like he betrayed the Shepherds. Well, maybe after this he won't get back in...

@Insane Pumpkin

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Earinor ()

• "Burning your batch?! Little brother, I have to object", Francis seemed to be honestly shocked, "How about putting it in a safe in a place no one knows about? A little less extreme. Who knows when your little ID comes in handy?"
      He took a couple of steps towards Logan as if he wanted to threaten him with only his body. It had something of a dominance gesture. But instead of looking grimmly down on the ex-soldier, Francis only snatched the badge from Logan's pocket, before wandering off into a room that was supposedly the master bedroom. When he came back, the badge was gone.
      "There you have it. No one knows the combination to safe except me. And I build it myself so I know it's a good one. Do we need anything else?"
    • When Francis came over to Logan and seriously invaded his personal space, the ex-soldier again was reminded how huge Francis was. Logan was big himself, but even he had to look up to look in Francis face. Logan refused to move back even when Francis just reached for his pocket as if he never heard of manners.
      Logan was about to just grab Francis arm, but for some reason he didn't. Instead he let him do whatever he was doing and watched him walk away with his badge.
      He didn't wanna believe he was scared or intimidated for even a second but he probably was and Francis was a man who could smell even the lightest form of fear. It annoyed Logan. He wasn't here to prove anything to Marcus brother, but somehow he felt the need to do so.
      When Francis came back Logan looked at the room he just came out of.
      "The safe better explodes if someone tries to open it up forcefully.", he murmured. Maybe he was paranoid, but what if someone already followed them. If Logan was the boss of an underground organisation, even if he had the chance to kill a nuisance like Francis at every given time, before starting a working relationship he'd try to know everything about him.
      If Logan was found out here, Francis could probably just talk himself out of the situation, while Logan ended up in a grave. He didn't like that thought, he wasn't even sure if Francis was relying on Logan even a little bit. Logan knew he needed Francis to find Marcus, but did Francis feel the same way the other way around? Logan wasn't sure.
      "I have everything I need.", Logan puffed and turned around. He was not looking forward to all of this. Meeting with the boss of some huge underground organization, while a psychopath threatens a city with bombs and forcing his boyfriend to play a game that could probably kill him, all while Logan himself needed to work with another psychopath himself? It sounded like some rough days were about to come and there was no room for mistakes.
    • "Well then. Off we go."
      Francis grinned at the thought of proving his superiority once more in the face of an arrogant prick. People always underestimated what he was capable of but he loved proving those wrong who thought to be better than him. Because they weren't. No one was. His father made sure of that. Although Francis had his doubts about the Gladiator. He was highly skilled and seemed to show no remorse whatsoever. Still, he had to fight him to know for sure. And if everything went according to his plan, he soon would have the chance to do so.

He let Logan drive, only told him the adress. He had texted the IT-Man where they were headed as well, just to be sure. The weird man had said that he would keep an eye on them. Probably by using a satellite or something like that.
      On the way there, Francis drifted away on the ocean of his own thoughts. First, he didn't think of anything in particular, but his mind had this weird way of leading his thoughts to places he never expected. This time, it was the darkness of the small room, he called home fo so many years. In the beginning, he was so scared of it. The darkness. He was a couple of years older than his brother so he actually knew the concepts of fear. He didn't remember his mother but he remembered, that he was afraid of imaginary monsters, lurking in the shadows. Now he was the monster for others but back then, he was terrified when his father first locked the door, leaving him all alone with his inner demons. Back then, they were nothing more than his imagintion but now he knew every single one by name.
      His thoughts wandered even further, back to the little boy with the eyes of his father, sitting in the dark, scared and shivering. Marcus was scared of the dark, he knew that. Their mother must've told him the same stories she told Francis, when he was nothing more than a little, innocent child. Looking back at the face of this young boy, cowering in the attic underneath the only source of light... Francis knew that Marcus was afraid of the dark. And even though he was not able to experience fear on his own, Francis was worried about his brother, sitting in a dark cage at this very moment. Fear was a strong thing to work with. He knew that Marcus wouldn't be able to keep going for long, if his fear took over. Once again, Francis realized how fast they needed to find his brother. It wouldn't take much time for the darkness to creep into Marcus' mind and twisting it until he was no longer himself. It didn't took long for Francis.

Being back in the small, spartanic room was actually quite a bliss. Marcus had slept for quite a while - at least he thought so. His muscles were still quite tense from the electricity flowing thorugh them, but he felt well rested. There were barely any noises, no smells, no visuals. His senses could relax and so could his mind. It was hard not to think of all this as a trip to the spa.
      When he woke, there was a plate of food and some water. His father had fed him ith half stale bread but Miller provided an actual steak! It was perfeclty done, just like Marcus liked it and it tasted great.
      While he was eating, he thought about his current situation. The voice he heard wasn't Millers, so they had to look for at least two people. But how where they connected? Statistics would put them in a Master and Servant relationship. But something told Marcus that this was beyond ordinary statistics. Not only because Miller was simply not ordinary but also because of all this. No ordinary serial killer build somethind so elaborate. This was more the caliber of a whole underground organization. Certainly not the mafia, neither the italian nor the eastern europe or russian ones. They were simply not intelligent enough or didn't care that much about their killings. Yakuza maybe but they were quite xenophobix and would never hire a brit to do their dirtywork. Same went for the chinese Triad.
      "Maybe, juuuust maybe, you've found the match. Imagine: You found the perfect killer."
      Marcus looked around when he heard the voice of his cursed father. But there was no one there. He was all alone in his little spar room. He crawled back onto the futon he had pushed into one corner of the room and rolled up into a ball, back firmly pressed against the cold stone wall. He was alone, he thought to himself, he was all alone.
    • "Francis. Francis!", Logan stood outside the car, his door was open and he leaned inside to get the attention of the serial killer. When Francis finally looked up, Logan sighed. "Jesus... Stop day dreaming and get out of the car. We arrived." Logan stood up and shut the door. He had parked the car in front of a huge building. The King even had a guy parking the car as if this was a hotel.
      When arriving they passed an iron gate. Logan also noticed the wall around the property. For someone this powerful this King guy sure had some enemies and he did a great job in keeping them out as it seemed. He had patrols walking around, some of them carrying some heavy weapons. The short road up the hill gave a good impression of this area.
      Logan threw the key to the guy parking the cars. So even getting out would be difficult, although they would have never been able to drive through that iron gate anyway. Despite the circumstances Logan kept calm. He wasn't really sure what to expect and what this guy thought of Francis. There also was the possibility of King knowing about Marcus. Maybe Miller dropped the name to fuck with Logan and Francis or this guy even watched this stupid Darkweb show, Marcus was trapped in. There were a lot of things they didn't know and still they just walked in the front door.
      Inside some guards asked them to leave their weapons there. That didn't surprise Logan and he was a good guest, leaving everything he just got at that shop and from Francis on a table, guarded by three big men.
      They searched Logan, a little bit rougher then needed, but he was okay with that. Afterwards they let him pass and focused on Francis. The third guy, bald and very big, has watched every move Francis made until now. Now the other two focused on him as well. Logan stood at the door leading to the next room and looked around a little, while the infamous Francis got all the attention.
    • Francis observed everything. He sucked up every detail he could. He wasn't as good as his brother with this but he wasn't bad at it either. Getting out of this fortress of a home would be difficult,if they tried to make break for it. If everything went according to plan, that wouldn't be neccessary.
      "Relax, boys. Buy me a drink first", he said jokingly when two of the five men escorting them looked for further weapons.
      One was always watching him, Francis. Two were searching him. Two more were some distance away, seemingly keeping watch of the perimeter but actually looking over to the two of them all the time.
      His watchdogs, of course, didn't find the wire in his watch. They almost overlooked the two fist-knives on his back! And here Francis thought he had competent opponents. Such a shame.
      When they were pleased with their work, Francis and Logan were led to an office. The White House would be proud of this. So much decadence. Francis wanted to puke. But he wasn't here in the name of some designing magizine.
      On the opposite side of the room stood a giant desk and behind that was a man, sitting in an overpriced chair. He wasn't working on anything. There wasn't any paperwork on the desk. It looked like this man was just sitting there to welcome Francis and Logan.
      Four more men were inside the room, all heavily armed and watching the guests.
      "Mr. Ackerman. Welcome to my home. And you brought a friend, how nice."
      The sound of his voice reminded him a bit of his father. Disgusting.
      "Except that I would never be so decadent."
      "Indeed I did. This is Logan. Logan, this is Mr. Kings assistant or double or whatever. Where is the real Mr. King? I don't like talking to hand me downs."
      The man behind the desk smiled.
      "Good observation", he said, "I'm impressed. Any chance you tell me how you knew that?"
      "No. Answer my question."
      "My my, how rude. You are in my home and you are unarmed. Now, I heard of the destructive power you posess but not even Francis Ackerman Jr. can defeat ten heavily armed men."
      "You wanna try?"
      "Let me finish, Mr. Ackerman!"
      Short temper. Interesting. The man tried his best to stay professional, but he definately had anger issues. A clear sign that he was not the boss.
      "Then get to the point. I'm kind of on a schedule and I have a lot to do that's way more interesting than you are."
      A little staring contest broke out between the two. It lastet only seconds but it settled whatever was going on between them.
      "Fine. Mr. King is not here, because he is a very busy man, as you might know. But I'm speaking in his name and I have full authority. So whatever it is you want from him, you want from me. Now tell me: Why did you interupt out business in this city? It was clearly to get our attention. You have it. Now talk."
      Francis smiled and checked every man in the room. He could probably do it. But either him or Logan would take at least one bullet and there were still five men left outside, who would storm in and mess thing up. It wasn't an impossible task but most definately a hard one. The killer could barely resist the urge to try it. It's been so long since he had a real challange. Or killed someone.
      "Do it! They won't be able to stop you once you start!"
      "The police is on to whatever it is you're doing. And I'm not talking street business. I mean the big things. Secret parties and such, you know what I'm talking about. And by saying police I mean a secret governmental organization with special privileges. Believe me or not, I don't care. But here and now I make you an offer: We take care of the agents they will send your way. For that, we wanna party a bit. Sounds fair, doesn't it?"
      The look the man gave Francis told him everything he needed to know.
      "You do know that we have a certain dresscode for said parties, right?"
      He didn't even try to deny anything Francis just said. Interesting.
      "That thought had crossed my mind, yes. But I'm sure we can find something nice to wear."
      "Well then."
      The man got up and came over to Francis.
      "We have a deal. And I would appreaciate it, if you left our other businesses alone. If this works out I think we can strike a couple of future deals."
      "Perfect."
      The two men shook hands and that was it. The man went back to his desk while Francis and Logan got escorted back. They were allowed to pick up all their weapons again and then left the building.
      "I know you don't like it, little brother, but you should stick with me for the night. They will try to kill us and I don't know how much of what they will send our way", Francis said as soon as they were out of earshot.
    • Before Logan and Francis entered the property, no even before they even where in the car, Logan had already decided what role he wanted to play. They knew Francis, Francis got their attention and they wanted to talk to him, only him. And that was in Logans favor as well, the more attention Francis got, the less Logan had to deal with. Being a double agent of some sorts might sound exciting in movies, but it really wasn't and these men where not someone to mess with. They wouldn't hesitate to find out where his family lived and how to threaten them if they’d know who he was. For exactly that reason he remained silent in the following conversation between Francis and the henchman in front of them.
      He asked himself if security always was this tight, or if they thought Francis was a wild animal and that he may have planned to kill all in this building while visiting.
      When Francis introduced Logan briefly his eyes met with the mans behind the big desk, but the introduction wasn't even the main focus of Francis sentence. So the two men started a pissing contest. Logan looked at the man in front of them and he stroke him as the kind of person, that just loves to show dominance and being in power, while Francis was completely different. The air around him seemed to change whenever he had the chance to kill somebody, or his urge rose rather, because he always had that chance. Even now, although it was a very bad idea, he seemed to play with the idea to just kill this man, maybe a few more, until he was overwhelmed. Only the fact that Francis loved his brother and Marcus' life was on the line here, kept Logan calm and he didn't interrupt, nor did he even flinch, not even when Francis bluntly talked about governmental organizations. He just took himself back, reminded himself of his time overseas, the time where his thoughts and opinions didn’t matter. They didn’t in this moment either.
      Instead of paying too much attention to the conversation, he checked the guards. All military, he could tell. He didn't like the fact that someone could recognize him. That Logan of all people was Marcus boyfriend when Miller decided to play his little game seemed to be a surprise for the psychopath as well. But now sending them to a guy the FBI was after and who has loads of ex-military guards? Logan had a bad feeling about this, Miller probably didn't do anything without a reason and this journey wasn't meant for whoever wanted to free Marcus, it was meant for Logan and maybe also Francis specifically. Maybe forcing the two of them to work together wasn't enough of a joke to Miller.
      Logans attention moved back to the conversation when the two men shook hands over their new found deal and Logan and Francis were free to leave, which they did. They got back their weapons and soon after left the mansion.
      "You're a handful.", Logan commented and didn't look back. A night with Francis? Hooray, exactly what Logan always wanted... "I've seen their budget and their men. I can tell you what I would send if I had their resources and really wanted to kill you. Maybe subtract some men, since I really would want to kill you."
      They arrived at their car and Logan drove them off the property. He checked if they were being followed, but he was pretty sure they weren't, so probably they left some presents in- or outside of the car. How nice of them. Logan drove back to the city and parked in front of a restaurant. "Let's eat. And discuss strategy.", he proposed, already getting out of the car. They could leave it here afterwards and walk. They were in the middle of the city, it was easy to get wherever they wanted without a car. Unless Francis wanted to be found and get this over with as soon as possible. Which also was a valid strategy and it meant less time together. It kind of felt strange to go eat with a bunch of weapons on them, it was a while since Logan had done that, but he didn't really mind. Instead he noticed they probably should go back to Francis hotel room to get some more firepower just in case.
      “Get something to go. Anything.”, he said looking at the restaurant he randomly chose, mostly because there was a free parking spot in front of it. “I’ll be right back.”

Logan left Francis standing where he was for now and walked a few steps and around the next corner, which was quiet enough for what he wanted to do. He pulled out a prepaid phone, checked it thoroughly and after he was a hundred percent sure, that it wasn’t tempered with, he used it to call Dylan. He promised, didn’t he?
      “Hey it’s me, Logan. I have some time now, is Dylan around?”
      “Yeah, one moment. DYLAN!”, he heard his brother shout through the house, seventeen years of age. “You know, you almost never call me and I’m your brother. So mean.”
      “It’s because you have a big mouth.”
      “Very funny, very funny indeed.”
      “What’s school doing? Last year, huh?”
      “Yeah I mean, it’ll be fine. You weren’t the smartest either and somehow made it till the end.”
      “Because mom had bitten my head off, if I didn’t. She’s nicer to you.”
      “Nah-uh, you should see her with Dylan. I tell you, when you pick him up here, he’s getting so fat from all the cookies he eats. Mom’s even baking them herself.”
      “No way, she only does that during Christmas time.”
      “You better believe it. You know… it’s kinda weird you have a child, I mean… you’re not THAT old and it’s like he was born six years old.”
      “Seven, he’s seven. And I’m not his father and it was a rather sudden development.”
      “But you love him, I know… wait he’s coming. Hey bro, Logan’s calling…. I’ll leave you to it then, bye.”
      “Logan?” The voice on the other side of the phone changed.
      “Hey what’s up? Everything alright?”
      “Yeah, your mother is nice.”
      “I hear you got lots of cookies.”
      “Yeah well… I know I shouldn’t eat so much, so I shared some of them with your brothers and Leila. They are nice too. They took me to the park a few hours ago. Kinda fucked up but…”
      “Fucked… you were around with my brothers, alright... Don’t say that word, or your father will kill me.”
      “How is dad? Have you found him?”
      “I’m at it. His brother helps me.”
      “Oh good. Then it’ll be fine.”
      “Really?”
      “Yeah dad trusts him and he trusts you. So…I’m not gonna bother you anymore then.”
      “You’re not bothering me. Wanna tell me, what you did at the park?”
      “Really? Yeah I… we played some soccer. Bruised my knee a little, but that’s fine. Now we’re playing some video games.”
      “You’re having fun?”
      “Yeah.”
      “Good then. Well, do you need anything?”
      “No, everything alright.”
      “Alright, I gotta hang up now. Don’t… start talking like my brothers, you hear? And don’t let the southern accent rub off on you.”
      Dylan chuckled a little. “Okay. Hear you…”
      “Bye, have a good time.”
      Logan sighed when he hung up the phone. He made sure to destroy every trace of that call, before he went back to Francis. He was glad Dylan was doing fine, of course he sounded worried, but Logans family sure kept him busy. Still, Logan had to find Marcus as soon as possible. This little game here annoyed him, it felt like a waste of time, but he had no other direction to go to.

When he came back around the corner, Francis waited with some food. Logan snatched whatever he got him and looked around a little. “Let’s… go somewhere less crowded and deal with those men, which presumably will come. Two guys for me, five guys for you, armed… that’ll be it I guess. Let’s take some Hotel room on the edge of the city maybe? We can take the car, then it’ll be over sooner, since they are gonna find us fast. I’m not sure what’s going on and why your discussion led to this, but… well we’ll deal with it and then we’ll see where it leads us. Not sure if you have a plan though…”
      Logan couldn't say that he wasn't worried in the slightest. It was a while since he had a real fight, since he used a gun to actually kill someone. Besides the fact that he slacked off lately, didn't work out that much, didn't do shoot practice that much, his head still hurt like hell. Maybe they should stop at a pharmacy on their way, but it was some kind of false pride, that stopped Logan from doing that. Like he needed to prove to Francis, that he was strong enough to protect Marcus, to save him. He would have the chance to prove exactly that pretty soon as it seemed. He wouldn't hesitate to kill whoever stood between him an Marcus, he never hesitated to kill, but he was worried about the fight, about his skills and chances. Worry in that regard was something, he wasn't used to and he knew it was Miller getting into his head again. Ever since Miller escaped from Logan in that prison, although he was right in front of him, Logan doubted himself, was on edge all the time and all of this eventually led to the accident and him just sleeping while Marcus was kidnapped right under his nose... Maybe killing those man would actually help Logan getting on his feet again, which in itself was a terrible thought. He knew that, but it didn't feel wrong.

@Insane Pumpkin

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Earinor ()