[2er RPG] The Shepherd [ENG]

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• People often think, Marcus could tell the future. He was so observant that he actually could predict the next move of people. Sometimes at least. But this time, he was wrong. He thought about a little outbreak on Logans side about Dylan and maybe even him, but this... he did not see that coming. Mike was calmer than an irish cow on the green. Marcus on the other hand was shocked. And slightly impressed, but he would never say that out loud.
      "Fine."
      Now Marcus' jaw dropped. What did Mike just say?!
      "I'll give you the team. You got one week to show me something. If you can outsmart the guy, you keep the case. But if I don't see some progress within seven days, our best brain gets it. Your time starts now."
      Mike gestured to Marcus to give up the file in his hands and for the both of them to leave. Marcus didn't say anything. He got up, dropped the paperwork on the desk and left. The building. He had to walk to this event off for a second, think about it, swallowing it.
    • Logan didn't expect Mike to let Marcus off the hook that easily. If nothing else, Logan got Marcus a week to be angry at him and maybe find the time to figure out what was going on inside of him. And he could spend time with his son. It didn't exactly feel like a win, seeing Marcus rushing outside. He would have gone after him, but he didn't know if that was a good idea right now. Logan got the file and left Mikes office too. He felt like he had stolen something from Marcus, but maybe he wasn't angry at all. He never truly understood Marcus.
      Logan scanned the office for a moment, finding Andrew at the small kitchen alcove. He walked over to him and tapped on his shoulder.
      "Hey. You think you could look after Marcus and see if he's alright?"
      "What happened?", Andrew asked taking a sip of his coffee.
      "Long story? I'm just worried... more then usual. The last days where not exactly pleasant."
      "You know Marcus, he probably wants to be alone for a moment."
      "Yeah, but... I'm really worried."
      Andrew looked at Logan for a second. "Okay. I'll look after him in case he needs anything."
      "Thanks."
      Andrew nodded and took off, while Logan marched into Stans office to ask what they could find at the crime scene. Which kind of explosives where used, was it some kind of special bomb, who was that woman, why here? Stan was his first bet and Logan really wanted to keep this case from Marcus until his boyfriend figured out whatever Dr. Rosemary started yesterday.

Andrew grabbed his jacket and left the building. He had no intentions to get Marcus to talk, or to annoy him with questions. He only wanted to make sure Marcus was alright on his own, Logan sounded pretty serious. Although the ex-soldier was always overly protective and worried about Marcus, but something seemed to have happened, other then the explosion.
      When Andrew found Marcus on the street he kept his distance, just being there in case of whatever Logan was scared of. He wouldn't dare to interrupt Marcus in what he needed to do right now.
    • Marcus found himself angry about the little things. That he didn't say something. That he was treated like child - again. That the freakin' office building was an architectural beauty!
      He violently kicked a stone towards the wall but it just bounced right back in his direction. He groaned, then he kicked it again. This time, it hit his leg. That's what you get.
      Out of nowhere he punched the stupid wall. The pain rushed through his arm and let him focus on something.
      "You okay?"
      Andrew. Of course.
      "I'm fine."
      Andrew just stood there, hands in his pockets, neutral face. Marcus admired him for this gift. Andrew never judged. How was he able to do this?
      "He stole my case. My first real case in three months. He stole it. And I can't even say something because he's right", Marcus explained.
      "Did he?"
      Marcus groaned.
      "Mike just gave it to him. Cut me out of the picture. And I just sat there and watched my parents decide for me."
      Another punch hit the wall. Andrew didn't stop him.
      "I'm sick of it! I'm sick of being treated like a baby!"
      Yet another punch. Marcus' hand left a bloody stain on the wall.
      "You do onow that we have punchingbags inside? Would lessen the risk of a broken hand. Which would bench you another six weeks at least."
      Marcus took the advise and folliwed Andrew back inside and straight into the training area. Luckily, they were alone. Well... Logan was practically the only one using this room and he had to work.
      As soon as it was in reach, a kick hit the bag. After that, Marcus unleashed all his wrath on that thing. And Andrew just stood there and watched.

"Hey man", Stan greated Logan without looking up, "bomb analysis is still running. But it looks like a diy. A pretty good one, not some fertilizer bs. This guy knows what he's doing, man. The brits won't give us there intell so I started digging. Stuff's over there."
      He pointed to another file on a couchtable shaped like flower from Mario.
      "But you don't have that from me, of course."
      Everyone knew that Stan was allowed to thise kinds of things. At least Mike gave him the green light. That didn't make it any more legal though.
      In said file was a lot of information from Miller time in government service. He was a one of a kind soldier in a one of a kind team. Even with Stans skills, there was a lot of black. A. Lot. But the IT-God managed to find the most important stuff: the end. Miller didn't loose it. On the contrary: he was cold, analytic and he most definitely had planned to blow everyone up. There were a lot of civilians but not one of them got hurt. Only the team died. The best part was the psych evaluation of this guy. They knew he were a sociopath, that's why they wanted him. Standard special forces stuff, nothing interesting. The one information of value was another: he had the same diagnosis as Marcus. He had no filter between the world and his brain.

@Earinor

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Insane Pumpkin ()

• Logan forced himself to focus on his work instead of overthinking what Marcus was thinking right now. But better not talk to him yet and if he really wanted to leave Marcus out of here, maybe he was the one staying late instead of talking to his boyfriend. Maybe it was actually better to stay away from Marcus for now.
      Logan got the files Stan had prepared and sat down to dig through them. "Thanks, bro." He read the file and couldn't say he was happy about all of this. The same condition as Marcus... He didn't even understand how Marcus brain worked, how could he find this guy and how could he actually catch him?
      Focus Logan... no pressure... He sighed loudly, getting up again after reading most of it to join Stan in his office again.
      "When the analysis of the bomb is finished, could you tell me if anyone else could have built it, if provided the right instructions? I want to know if he is or was here himself. Also... where there some kind of special materials or something like that, you know what I wanna know...", he asked Stan and kept on reading and thinking. He probably wasn't the right guy for this, Marcus and Andrew where the 'find that psychopath' kind of guys, Logan and most of the others where the 'and now we'll catch that asshole' ones.
      If the guy didn't want to hurt civilians or it wasn't his primary goal, what was the purpose of this and other bombings. No critical infrastructure was damaged, not many people got hurt... Why did he kill his own team? There had to be some logical explanation, he didn't just snap. And how did that match all together?
      "You think the Brits have hidden some similar occurrences overseas? Just an idea... And that woman... anything on her?"
      For some reason reading the psychological profile again and again gave Logan some kind of affirmation that Marcus shouldn't be involved with this... he seriously was scared he turned out to get some really strange ideas too sometime. Logan immediately felt bad for even having such a thought though.
      "One last thing, could you check the people who actually got hurt or died in these attacks? Similarities and so forth...thanks."
      He went outside again without looking up, but his mind always drifted off to Marcus.
      Andrew handles this... relax...
      One week was certainly not enough... even Marcus would have a handful with that...
      "Pessimism doesn't suite you.", Sara chuckled, placing herself on Logans table and smiling at him. "Sweety... how can I help you? I'm not good with this kinda stuff, but I know how to get what I want. Anything you want?"
      Logan looked up and tilted his head. Sara always seemed flirty, although she wasn't most of the time, it kinda got an habit of hers.
      "Stan could find some things on this guy we are after, anything else you can find would help. I currently have not much leads, but I could provide you with some names I know relate to him somehow. Just be discrete about it."
      "As always honey."
      Logan took a pen and a sticky note to write down some names of higher ups he remembered from eight years ago. It was a long shot, but maybe some subjective opinions would help better understanding what was going on and maybe they could fill some of the holes in Stans files. Stan was exceptionally good with computers and getting information by hacking and searching all over the web, Sara was at least as good with people, better then Logan, although when asking he mostly got an answer too. When talking to the right people that was, Sara had the talent to get information from the most loyal servants without them even noticing it.
      "Thanks."
      "Pleasure." Sara smiled again and walked off to her office with her typical hip-swing. Logan shook his head a little and looked at the files again, simultaneously trying to remember what kind of man Miller was back then, when he stood in the same room with him for some minutes.

Andrew watched Marcus punching out his anger. It probably was good Logan sent Andrew after him, for Marcus' hand at least. He didn't exactly know what was going on, but he wasn't nosy either. And Logan made the expression he was saying enough about Marcus already... to Mike probably.
      But Marcus and Logan would get their-selves together again for sure and Marcus using the punching-bag as outlet was probably the best thing for him now. Better then punching Logan at least. Andrew just stayed in case Marcus wanted to talk to anyone, or complain, or rant, or whatever. He wouldn't judge, none of them.
    • It took Marcus the better part of ten minutes of punching and kicking, before he just sunk to his knees, exhausted and only feeling better a bit. He sat there, one hand against the punching bag, head down, breathing heavily.
      "I know, you don't wanna hear this, Marcus, but I'm gonna say it anyways. Go home. You can't do anything here. Mike will not let you go on that case. Logan won't let you go on that case. What you can do is taking care of you son. Focus on that."
      "That's what I've been doing for the last three months, Andrew. Dylan is fine. And he needs to learn how to get around without me."
      "Like you did his age?"
      That hit a nerve. Yes, Marcus had to learn how to live without his parents, but that was different! Marcus would still come home after a day in the office! He would still be there!
      "You don't know anything about me", he hissed at Andrew, got up an left.
      He went home, yes. But he was angry and frustrated and... hurt.Pictures flashed before his eyes on the way home. Pictures of his parents. Pictures of the dark attic. Pictures of Francis.
      Marcus called his brother and set up a meeting. He needed someone to talk who really understood him.

While Stan was working his magic on his computers, Andrew sank down on the couch in the mans office.
      "Why so negative, Drew? Thought you were the daisy flower of the group?"
      "Well, I managed to piss one of our boys off. Again. This time it's Marcus. Again."
      "He'll come aroung. He always does."
      "Yeah... I'm not so sure about that."

An hour later, Andrew brought another file over to Logan. Stand refused to wear a shirt and by now, nobody left him out of his office without one anymore.
      "Stan did what he could", Andrew commented and prepared fo another verbal firestorm, since he was obviously not watching Marcus anymore.
      The file contained detailed information about everything Logan had asked for. And a pink post-it with the note, that Stand was not able to find similar cases in the UK or in Europe in general. But at least he had the complete profile of the woman in the shop and the people who actually got killed or hurt during each of those attacks. it was a rather thick file, but as always, Stans systems worked some miracles and provided a short version of everything important. There were indeed some connections between the primary victims: Each person had in some way or another something to do with the conviction of one Raymond Butcher, a rather uninteresting math teacher at a highschool. He was accused of capital murder of three people and sentenced to life in prison. The woman, who set the bomb in the ice cream shop, was Amanda Huarez. She'd worked at a desk in a bank in midtown. There was no reason for her, to be at that shop and she had nothing to do with the trial of Butcher. But the owner did. He was a witness during the trials, since he was around the crime scene with his ice truck when it happend. He said, that he'd seen a man running away from the scene and his description fit Butcher. But Stan was not able to find any tie between Butcher and Miller.
    • Logan took the file without looking up, not until Andrew said something he noticed it was him. "Is Marcus alright and sound? You know what? Forget the second part.", he asked and looked up when Andrew didn't respond right after.
      "Why do you look at me as if I'm going to punch you?" Logan made a short break. "I'm not asking you to babysit him the whole day, I just wanted to make sure he calms down a little before driving home... he is a grown up man after all and he wouldn't have let you anyway." Logan looked trough the file he got, the important stuff was up front but it confused Logan. At least they had some connection, if they could find more people involved with this Raymond Butcher, maybe they could stop another attack. He couldn't think about Marcus all too long and this was good. He just wasn't sure if he was allowed home in the evening.
      Logan wrote the new name he got on another sticky note and stood up. "Andrew cheer up a little. If Marcus wants to be angry at someone his first choice won't be you. Could you tell Stan to look for possible next targets? Thanks." Logan put his hand on Andrews shoulder for a short time, then walked over to Saras office. He opened the door and found her sitting on her chair, looking over and gesturing him to be silent. He brought her the note with the name, she winked and then Logan left quietly again. At least it felt like they made some progress.
      "Andrew, you wanna come asking around 'bout that woman? Amanda Huarez? We better start at the bank, I guess."
    • "Sure."
      Andrew got his jacket and followed Logan. It was weird to get a pep talk from him. Usually it was the other way around. But it helped. That, and the thought that it wasn't his problem if Logan and Marcus had some relationship issues. He just had to keep them working. Or at least one of them.

Marcus parked the car in a no parking area. He did that way to often. It was just so easy to do that when you had a car owned by the government and the license to do stuff like that. He never bothered looking for an actual parking spot.
      He got out the car, got himself a coffee to go and wandered seemingly aimless through the park across the street. It was the same park where he met with his brother the last two times. If Francis knew where he lived by now?, Marcus wondered.
      There was a lake in that park and on the other side of it was a fake forest. The treeline almost reached the water, just a small path and greenpatch seperated them. right there was a bench and on that bench sat an elderly man, feeding some ducks with breadcrumbs. Marcus walked up to the man and sat next to him.
      "You didn't age very well, brother", he greated Francis.
      "And you need to work on your anger management by the looks of this hand."
      Marcus' hand was wrapped in bandages. And judging by the dark color of his ringfinger, Marcus should probably visit a doctor. But not now, the waiting area would just destroy him.
      "We all have our flaws", he said.
      "I guess you will tell me what happened?", Francis guessed, tossing a big chunk towards five ducks.
      The birds immediately started fighting about it. Marcus watched them, Fracis watched them, and in that moment they probably thought the same.
      "You heard about the explosion?"
      "News say it was a gas leak. But it wasn't, right? You wouldn't mention it otherwise."
      "I was there when it happend. Dylan was, too."
      "Is he alright?"
      "Yeah. Just a bit shaken up, but I took care of it. Turns out, this wasn't the first time, something like this happened. There is this guy, Micheal L. Miller, who specializes in attacks like this. Nobody knows why he is doing this and how and whatnot. My boss got us the case, handed me the file and next Logan stood up and declared, I'm not suitable for work. So he got the case and I'm benched. Again. It was like watching my parents fight."
      "Trust me, when they fought, there was blood."
      "You know what I mean!"
      "Yes, I do. You are frustrated, because everyone is treating you like a child or some pricey work of art. All you wanna do is work but nobody lets you. So you took it out on a wall or something."
      It was scary how well Francis knew him. How well he could read him.
      "That too, yes."
      "So you decided, it was best to call your serial killer brother to talk about it? That's the part that I don't quite get. Explain that to me."
      "Well, I called you because I wanted to talk, yes. But not only about my anger issues. You know, I figured since I am not allowed to work on that case, I could work on my own case."
      "And what would that be?"
      "The fact, that I now remember what happened the night my parents got killed by dad. And you."
      Francis didn't even raise an eyebrow. He just continued feeding the birds.
      "I always thought, I was out with my aunt that night. At least that's what everyone told me. My memories are a bit foggy around that time. Which is weird 'cause my memories are never foggy. Childhood trauma and stuff, I guess. But I remember one thing. I remember how I hid in the attic, like mom told me to and how you found me up there. I remember how you saved my life. Why didn't you tell me about that?"
      Francis sighed.
      "Because that's what it is, little brother: A childhood trauma. I didn't want to be the guy who ruined you because I reminded you of something painful. You are my brother. Why would I want to hurt you? I knew, I couldn't prevent this from happening that night. But I was determined to protect by baby brother as soon as father had slipped and revealed you existence to me. I knew that I had to give you the chance of a normal life. Well, as normal as it could be as an orphan. I didn't want to let father win. The punishment was worth it."
      "He punished you for this?"
      "He never found out that I lied to him. But it was a failed mission nonetheless and he was frustrated. I saw it coming and at that point I didn't even bother with it, really. But I'm glad that you remember now."
      "Why that?"
      "Because now you believe me when I say that I mean no harm to you or your family. Heck, I wouldn't even punch Logan. Even though he stole your case and treats you like a kid. Or do you want me to-"
      "No! He's an idiot, but he is my idiot. Leave him alone."
      "As you wish. Feelin' better now?"
      "A little. I still wanna work on this case."
      "I know. You're to much cop to not chew on that."
    • Logan went to the bank with Andrew. They took Andrews car and Logan just now realized that he had to come home somehow. Andrew figured too and proposed to give him a ride home later. Logan also was worried about Marcus, but he wouldn't do anything stupid, right?
      At the bank they asked the manager about Amanda Huarez and also talked to some of her colleges and searched her desk. But Logan didn't really think they found something there. This guy was probably too smart as to leave some clues here, maybe he just rolled a dice and picked this woman, maybe he just threatened her to blow herself up, which was kinda easy when having a family.
      Turned out she had a divorce and moved here a year ago. Her husband stayed in New York with her daughter. Her colleges just had the typical things to say, she was nice, her daughter came over every weekend and she loved talking about her. They thought the whole thing was an accident but Logan was sure they hadn't ever thought that she would bomb an ice cream shop. Was it worth it to fly over to New York? Maybe sending Andrew there was enough. And someone should probably talk to the owner of the shop and his wife, but he was still in the hospital and was just lucky to still be alive.
      Someone should also probably talk to Raymond Butcher. Andrew probably was the best bet here too. Especially because Logan didn't want to leave town now.

After getting back to the office Logan and Andrew wrote down what they learned and afterwards it was late already. Logan hoped for Stan to find a next possible target. He himself should probably go home and talk to Marcus. He hoped his boyfriend calmed down a little. Andrew got him the ride home and asked if he should wait outside, but Logan told him he could leave. If Marcus was still angry, Logan could take his repaired motorcycle and drive back to the office to sleep there. So he went inside quietly, Dylan was already in bed. Logan was pretty sure Marcus wasn't. He better not sat in his office though...
    • The talk was good, it really helped. But Marcus still couldn't shake that feeling. He went home, did some chores and then went to get Dylan. He helped his boy with homework, played some games with him. It was a completey normal evening, except that Marcus wanted to do something different. He talked with Dylan about work. That he would slowly go back to it and that Dylan might have to stay at home alone sometimes for an hour or so. The boy was okay with it. Said, he could take his bike to school and back or hang out with friends after school or something. So that wouldn't be a problem.
      Later, Marcus made dinner and brought Dylan to bed. He stayed with him even after Dylan was asleep. He had nothing else to do, so he lay next to his son, staring at the ceiling until he, too, fell asleep. He didn't plan on sleeping in the bedroom anyways.

The next morning was painfully normal again. Dylan woke him up and they made their way downstairs to make breaktfast - pancakes as usual.
      "Should I go get Logan?", Dylan asked, sitting on the kitchen counter.
      "No. He worked late last night. Let him sleep."
      Or in other words: He has to learn how to get out of bed by himself on time. Since Marcus' only job was to play the nice housewife, Logan had to take care of his stuff alone. Was he angry? Maybe. But he din't know where to put his anger, so he did these little things which didn't hurt anybody.
    • Every room was dark, which was kinda unusual, he hadn't thought Marcus went to bed. He wasn't in his their bedroom though, instead he found him lying in bed with Dylan. He quietly walked away again, not sure if Marcs was awake or not. He went in the bathroom and was extra careful to not make any sound, he didn't want to wake his boyfriend. He just brushed his teeth and then went to bed, although he couldn't really sleep well. He still thought Marcus was angry at him to say the least and he had hoped they could talk about it. Maybe Logan should have talked with Marcus in the car when they drove to the office. He asked him what was wrong and he didn't say anything because he didn't think he could stop Marcus from working. But he did somehow.

After a not so pleasant night Logan woke up the next morning, hearing some noise from downstairs. He turned around three times, then finally looked at the alarm clock next to the bed. It was kinda late already, Dylan and Marcus probably headed out to school soon and Logan really needed to get some work done. Without him in the office everything slowed down a little too. No Dylan who had woken him up... but Logan probably shouldn't be overthinking this too much. He got up and went downstairs barefooted.
      "Morning...", he muttered when seeing the two, trying to read Marcus expression. But before talking to him, Logan needed some coffee, so he got a mug and poured in some of the dark liquid. He took a big gulp then turned to Marcus again. "Can we talk...?", he asked carefully, looking at him as if he had done something wrong. He did... in some way and he was sorry, but he approved how it turned out. Marcus wasn't ready to work yet, he just wasn't and there was no arguing about that.
    • "I need to get Dylan to school", Marcus answered and put his boys lunch in a Phineas and Ferb backpack which he handed over to Dylan.
      The boy rushed towards the front door and hopped into the car.
      "Pancakes are on the table."
      Marcus didn't even make eye contact. He just left and did what he said. He dropped Dylan off at school and headed straight back home where he started to clean everything up.
      "What do you wanna talk about?", he asked Logan without even looking.
      It was more like a defense mechanism for him than a punishment for Logan. Because if Marcus focused on his boyfriend, he wouldn't be able to keep calm. Which would happen either way since he knew exactly what Logan wanted to talk about.
    • Marcus cut Logan off really quick and before he could say another word Marcus went outside to drive Dylan to school. It was time, yes, but Marcus was rather quick in getting away. Logan sighed, looked at the clock and started eating. He wasn't sure if Marcus would even come back and he was already late, but he decided to wait for his boyfriend. It was him why he wanted to work on that case and if Marcus was angry for a week without trying to think about what he should think about, this was useless anyway. Logan actually didn't care much about Miller at the moment, or who he could hurt next.
      He was surprised when Marcus came back again after about 10 minutes, the way to school was short and he seemed to not have tried stalling. But he didn't look at him for one second, Logan couldn't blame him though.
      "Listen, I'm sorry how it turned out yesterday. I should have talked to you in private first. Mike asked for my opinion, I told him bluntly, you seemed like you where okay with me saying what I had to. I... I don't want to find excuses though. I know you don't wanna sit here anymore and you where glad to work finally. But... I don't think you should. I'd be here though, with you, instead of working. I didn't want the case for myself, I just wanted you to have time and Dylan too." Logan knew an apology probably wasn't enough and maybe it was for the better to just leave Marcus alone, but he hated this. He didn't want to get the cold shoulder for who knew how long, better talk about it right away. "I'm not asking you to forgive me just yet, I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry."
    • Marcus put the plates down on the counter so he wouldn't throw them. He pushed his klenched fists against the wood.
      "You're sorry, hm?"
      He bit his tongue to calm down. At least a bit.
      "You don't even know what's bothering me."
      He breathed out and got back to work. He put the plates in the dishwasher, then he got himself another coffee. While that was going on, he leaned against the counter and looked at Logan. He crossed his arms in front of his chest. Logan really had no idea.
      "I don't say, you're wrong, you know? I get your point. I know where you're coming from. I have my issues and yes, I have to work a lot of shit out. And yes, I hate it when someone steals my case. I'm a cop, that's what we do. But the one thing that really pisses me of is the fact, that you treated me like a kid. Mike asked for your opinion, yes. But you... I felt like sitting in the office of the director. I'm thirty four years old. Not four."
      Marcus had to pause to calm down again. His teeth grinded for a moment.
      "You do that for weeks now. And I'm sick of it."
    • Logan felt Marcus anger and he waited for him to burst. He was okay with it though, if it helped him. He said Logan didn't know what was bothering him and he was right, Logan tried to figure it out while Marcus put the dishes in the dishwasher and made another coffee. The silence seemed like it stayed forever, at least afterwards Marcus looked at him for the first time again.
      "I'm sorry, but... you behave like a four year old ever since we found a clue to where your father is. You didn't stick to may plan, got caught, he almost broke and almost killed you, because you ran off and didn't listen to me. I knew I shouldn't have let you go there. And afterwards I needed to watch out for you, because I know you would have done something stupid. You were badly hurt and I helped you, is that wrong? And yesterday? You wouldn't have listened to me and you are behaving like you didn't have a mental breakdown the day before. I never saw you like this, I thought I have lost you and Dylan saw that too. When you got the call you immediately have gone into work mode. You even asked me to call my sister to watch after Dylan, like he was a dog someone had to take care of for a while, because you have better things to do. He needs you, not me. And you need to take time for yourself and not work. I apologized for how this turned out yesterday, I know I should have talked to you alone first, but Mike asked for my opinion and I told him. He wouldn't have let me later. And I'm actually glad how it worked out, although I think he doesn't trust me to find this guy." But Logan wouldn't tell Marcus anything about him... not now. "And if you work on this now in any way, you just prove to me that I cannot leave you alone. At least try to figure things out for yourself instead of being mad at me for a week now." Logan sighed, he wasn't as understanding as he should be probably. But once he started talking he just said whatever crossed his mind which was usually bad, especially now.
    • "You do it again. Do you even notice? I can take care of myself! I know what I can and cannot do!"
      His grip on the kitchen counter got tighter. His hand hurt but he didn't care about it.
      "But hey, apparently I'm only four years old and need a babysitter."
      That was it. If he would go on with this 'talk', he would snap. So he grabbed his coffee and left. He didn't quite know where to go, but he needed to get away from Logan for just a second. That was a part of him, nobody really knew: He had severe anger issues. He was able to swallow it up to a certain point but as soon as he reached said point he snapped. And not in a good way. He got violent. Another point on the list of things that made him believe that all of this was part of his genes. He really felt like punching something, even though his hand could break.
      Marcus sat outside, legs crossed, and stared at the bandadges on his hand. Was that all that he was? Just a ball of imature anger? What if... what if his father was right? What if a monster was made? Made out of an angry little boy who got the right training? Marcus had learned to controll his anger to not get in too much trouble. But his fathers techniques... they were designed to not only trigger that anger but also to give it direction. What if that was the only way an Ackerman could function?
    • Marcus grabbed his coffee and left the room. Logan sighed and wasn't even sure Marcus had listened. All he seemed to have heard was Logan agreeing in treating him like a child and doing it again... because he was acting like one. Now he fled and Logan was sure he didn't even reflect what he was telling him. Logan was angry and hurt at the same time and he didn't know what he should do. Actually... he had no time for this if he wanted Marcus to stay away from this case, but in the other hand he couldn't just leave now when so many things were left unspoken.
      Logan pressed his head against his hands and tried to calm down and think of a way of talking to Marcus. But all he could do was stacking up arguments as if he wanted to make himself believe he was right here. But was he? Maybe he should just leave Marcus alone again. So he stood up and went to the bathroom to get himself ready for work. It took about 10 minutes, maybe enough time for Marcus to calm down a little. He found him outside and leaned against the wall, arms crossed.
      "I'll take that as you don't want to talk about it... yet?", he asked, looking at the clock inside. "I guess I'll leave then. You want me to stay at the office this week? I won't bother you here if you want that." A thought crossed Logans mind and before he could rethink what he was saying it already left his mouth. "See? Treating you like an adult, am I not?" He bit his tongue and wanted to apologize. But he didn't. It felt too much like a loss and he didn't want to loose this argument. Also he had apologized enough already and for things he didn't had to apologize.
    • Marcus swallowed the words on the tip of his tongue. He was the kind of guy who settled arguments with his fists and was pretty good at escalating things in that direction. But he didn't want that for him and Logan. After all, he loved that man. For once he wanted to do something right.
      "Your decision. You live here, too and I am in no position to tell you what to do", he instead answered.
      No eye contact, no underlining messages in the tone of his voice. Marcus gave his best to stay calm and collected. But the urge to punch something was still there, his muscles were ready to do the work.
      "Just do me a favor: Don't talk about work at home and remember the rules to only work in the office upstairs if you bring something home. I don't want that crap around my son."
      Marcus wasn't great at being positive and all but he really tried to turn his thoughts around. Instead of 'I won't be able to do something for the next seven days' he forced himself to think 'Only seven more days until I can get that son of a bitch'. Didn't help much though.
      "Now go. At least one of us should try to do something about that guy."
      Defeat. That's what he felt. Because everyone around him was right. At least more right than him. He could watch out for himself. But he also hat a shit ton of stuff going on with his mental health. Maybe he should take a break. But yet again, one of his hobbies was work...
    • "I'm not sure if you want me here.", Logan rephrased his question and again was punished with Marcus not even looking at him. Actually... this was their first real fight, when he thought about it. There where others, but not like this. Usually it was alright after they talked or they sat it out for a couple of minutes, not now though. And Logan had the feeling, this didn't resolve itself with just waiting for it to be over. Logan sighed... he didn't want to leave Marcus like that, but maybe he should really trust in him to take care of himself. At least that was what he wanted to achieve with all this, Marcus taking care of himself...
      "If you need me to pick up Dylan or something from the shop you can call me, or text me... If you need some time alone, I can call Leila still. And I'll leave the car here, should you need it. I'll take my bike.", he sighed and went past Marcus to get mentioned bike out of the little hut in the garden. But he turned around again midway. "You know... ", he started and tried to get a look at Marcus face. "If you wanna yell at me, I can take it. Better then you almost ignoring me."

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Earinor ()

• "I'm not ignoring you", Marcus stated, "I'm trying to work around my anger issues."
      That may sounded a little more bitter than he wanted to, but it was really hard right now. He always have had problems with that, but he didn't remember it to be so bad. Where did they put the punching bag? In the garage, right. Marcus started planning. He had to clear a bunch of stuff out of the garage. Technically they never used that space so maybe he could put a home gym there or something? He shifted the energy of his anger into this new project and somehow managed to calm down enough to look Logan in the eyes.
      "Go", he motivated the ex-soldier, "Go work! Or else I really gonna put you on the couch because you don't move your well formed butt. Do something about the evil guys! I work some stuff out."
      He grinded his teeth for a second.
      "Sorry I yelled at you", he grumbled.
      He meant it. He just wasn't good at expressing that at the moment. It would be better tonight. He just needed to do something. Cleaning out the garage would help for sure.
    • Marcus finally looked at him and a small relieved sigh left Logan throat. It was probably for the best he left now, so he nodded with a weak smile on his face. "No need to apologize.", he answered, then continued on getting his bike. He didn't had to say any more and just hoped Marcus would find a way to forgive Logan for what happened, maybe they could actually talk in the evening... Logan probably shouldn't pressure Marcus.
      At work Logan tried to put family aside and wanted to talk with Andrew about him going on a trip to talk with the husband of Amanda Huarez and Raymond Butcher to see if he could find anything out. Logan was glad Andrew didn't ask about Marcus although he felt kinda bad leaving him in the dark. But he hadn't got something useful to say.
      After that was out of the way he checked on Stan and Sara, neither of them had anything new, but it was still morning and they left before Logan yesterday. He himself wanted to go to the hospital now to see how the owner of the ice cream shop was and if he could talk to him or at least to his wife. So he took off pretty soon again.

On the same day while standing outside the school to wait for her own son, it just so happened that Laura Burge thought about Marcus and Dylan. No reason really, she just remembered their conversation and how they talked about their unique eyes and other features. She meant it when she said she wanted to test their genes and Marcus didn't seem to get freaked out by it like some other neighbors here surely would have. Sadly, she didn't catch him the last few days when picking up her son. But it didn't hurt looking for him while waiting anyway, right? So she kept the parking area in sight just in case he happened to be there.
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher